ajax control in data presentation controls

can i add ajax controls (MaskedEdit) to presentation controls (dataGrid, dataForm)??

0
asmgx

of course. But keep in mind that those controls are extenders, so you append them to an existing control. Just convert your GridView / DetailsView-fields into templated fields and add the extender you'd like to use to the controls.

Regards
Marco Buerckel

Don't forget to mark posts that were helpful as answers.
0
Marco
1/16/2008 12:51:40 PM

Actually, if you looked at the source code for the Masked Edit Extender, you'd see

    [TargetControlType(typeof(TextBox))]
Meaning, targeting any control type other than textboxes will throw an exception.  Now, if you are referring to extending the textboxes that are within the templates of those presentation controls, then yes, you can.
When you ask a question, remember to click "mark as answered" when you get a reply which answers your question.

My latest ASP.NET AJAX blog entries.
0
DisturbedBuddha

Bind Data to an Image Control not in a Data Presentation Control
I've been searching for two days but I don't really know what to search for.I'm making a site for a photographer.  The Default.aspx page displays Albums by showing a title, image and description from the database table Albums. Click an album to view the contents and it passes the QueryString which is AlbumName.  The ViewAlbum.aspx page uses the QueryString to display an UpdatePanel holding a Large Image and a Repeater full of dynamically filled ImageButtons for thumbs.  Both are from the database table Photos and are retrieved using an ObjectDataSource. Click the ...

data presentation controls (how to call the individual controls)
Hi please help me.,i have this question., example i create a site with one control, like textbox. when i double click on the white page, the page load event, in the intellisense, the textbox is visible, but when a formview with a textbox inside, in the same page load event, intellisense, the textbox is not available. how can i do the simple intellisense calling where the textbox is just outside a data presentation control like formview. i mean by this intellisense calling is in VB code view., thanks JFRBPH12™  The textbox is within the formview then you can find it like this...

Visibility control of Panel control and its affect on data controls
Thought I would toss this out here this morning and perhaps someone else had run across the same issue and had found a good way to accomplish what I want. First let me state what I'm attempting to do and the problem that I've run into.  GridView1 has a collection of rows in a SQL table that I want to present to the user. I've provided them the options of sorting and selecting only from the GridView control.  Orgionally, I had created a detail view that was being presented in Edit mode and then customized the layout of the edit item template to suit my needs.&nbs...

ajax.net controls used in custom composite controls?
I am creating an events calendar that uses the accordion to display the events for the selected day.  The problem I'm having is that the accordion is not responding to any client side events.  I would really like to find a good "How to" article for building composite controls that incorporate an ajax.net control like the accordion....

Tracing data controls within data controls
I have a problem with tracing data controls within data controls. Below are the codes and the trace statements. Can anyone help me? Your help is very much appreciated. : : : private void InitializeComponent() { this.DataGrid1.ItemDataBound+=new DataGridItemEventHandler(DataGrid1_ItemDataBound); this.Load += new System.EventHandler(this.Page_Load); } #endregion private void DataGrid1_ItemDataBound(object sender, DataGridItemEventArgs e) { DropDownList Dropdownlist1 = (DropDownList)e.Item.Controls[2].FindControl("D...

Run an event whose control is located in Data Presentation Controls
Hey, How can we fire an event which belongs to such as a button which is located in Data Presentation Controls such as a gridview.For example : Assume that my page contains a gridview control which is contains a button and the button name comes from database by gridview control but i wanna fire button control's own event independently of the GridView. Thanks and Regards.I am not a perfect programmer, but i have perfect programmers' habits [ i think so :)] Hi:   You can use CommandArgument to distinguish different buttons in the same column: <asp:Button ID="Button2&...

Using Data Control in another data control
Hey, How to use a SqlDataSource control in a GridView and so on...I mean i wanna show data which comes from UserTables in a gridview whoses data comes from ContentTable so they are two separated tables. Thanks and Regards...I am not a perfect programmer, but i have perfect programmers' habits [ i think so :)] I mean how to use nested gridview controls. Please aren't there any poeple who can help me ?I am not a perfect programmer, but i have perfect programmers' habits [ i think so :)] Try the links below, they might be of some help to you.http://msdn2.microso...

Theming the ControlStyle for BoundField controls within data presentation controls.
Hi all, I was wondering if you can set a default width for template fields and/or BoundField controls within a GridView or  DetailsView / FormView controls? I can change the control widths of bound data control fields, including template fields, by setting the ControlStyle. But if I have a bunch of fields in a DetailsView control for example, it's a pain to have to set the ControlStyle property for each field. I would like to do it in one fell swoop. If I add the following to my skin file, then I get server control rendering errors on my pages. The controls can't be rendered becuase I...

Getting Information from the Controls (TemplateField or BoundField ) from any of the Data Presentation Controls
Hello Everybody,I have a very important question for me.For example, I have a GridView.It has three BoundFields and one TemplateFieldI want to get information from any of the record (row,line etc ) using any of the BoundFields or TemplateFields.And also I want to accomplish this not only with GridView but also other Data Presentation Controls, DetailsView FormView and Repeater.Shortly, Can anybody help me how to refer Controls in GridView, FormView, DetailsView, RepeaterPS: I have searched in Google and many sites,forums. But I couldn't see any solution and see that many people ask the same ...

Page and Control Flashing Using AJAX Control Toolkit Controls
Page and Control Flashing Using AJAX Control Toolkit Controls I'm using IE7 and the ASP.NET AJAX Control Toolkit.  I'm using two controls -- Accordion and CollapsiblePanelExtender.  I'm actually using 2 CollapsiblePanelExtenders, and the Accordion control is inside one of the panels for the CollapsiblePanelExtender (see the code below). The problem I'm seeing is that when I click an Accordion pane to open/close it or click the CollapsiblePanelExtender panel to open/close the panels, the controls and page flash while the animation is in progess.  Everything el...

Ajax Control Toolkit: Control cannot be created because Visual Studio cannot find the control's type in the control assembly.
Hi All, Good Day.  I am using ASP.Net 2.0 Framework, i have downloaded Ajax 3.0 and added reference into the project. But i am not able to add controls to the page. When i tried to add control into the page getting following error message "Control cannot be created because Visual Studio cannot find the control's type in the control assembly". I checked some forums on the web, added references in Web.Config. Still not able to proceed further. Please revert asap.  Thanks. AJAX 3.0 not work in 2.0 Framework its work in 3.5 Framework try to download another ...

How to add the data present in the controls to a table control without any database involvement.
Hi All,i am four controls where i will write the text and once i click the add button those should get added to the table .i want 6 columns fixed in the table and rows as many as required.i tried doing that taking a table server control and able to load the table.but the problem is whenver i am adding a new row the old one is gfetting overwritten by this and at the end i am getting only one row.  System.Web.UI.WebControls.Table t1 = new System.Web.UI.WebControls.Table();  i have declared the below one global TableRow tr; TableCell tc1; TableCell tc2; TableCell tc...

Validation control in composite control is not working in ajax.net v 1.0
In reference to http://forums.asp.net/thread/1545781.aspx: I have a composite control that implements ivalidator (uses Page.Validators.Add) that no longer works with the new ajax.net. what do I do to make it work again?...

Web resources about - ajax control in data presentation controls - asp.net.ajax_control_toolkit

Glamour (presentation) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Today, glamour is the impression of attraction or fascination that a particularly luxurious or elegant appearance creates, an impression which ...

authorSTREAM App Brings PowerPoint Presentations To Facebook
PowerPoint presentations aren’t just for conference rooms anymore, as Facebook application authorSTREAM allows users to upload presentations ...

Facebook careers: ecosystem measurement manager, security program manager, presentation designer, more ...
... Other noteworthy jobs include a vertical client partner focused on fast-moving consumer goods, a manager of ecosystem measurement and a presentation ...

Lessonator: Create music slideshow presentations
Lessonator is a tool for creating beautiful music slideshow presentations on your Mac. It works like a mashup between Apple’s Keynote and Garageband, ...

Scripting News: Create a presentation in Fargo.
... move my whole act over there, but in the meantime, here's a pointer to my latest piece. http://dave.smallpict.com/2013/06/28/howToCreateAPresentationInFargo ...

How to Make a Powerful Sales Presentation
... about it? Using the simple C.F.B.I. model will help you do just that.After going through the B-CHUBS Needs How to Make a Powerful Sales Presentation ...

Presentation Skills - Körpersprache for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad on the iTunes App Store
Get Presentation Skills - Körpersprache on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Byron Bay Falls Festival crowds well-behaved, say organisers, with paramedic presentations down 50pc
Organisers of the Falls Festival in Byron Bay joke that the crowd of 16,000 each day is being disappointingly well-behaved.

How to Shoot and Upload Videos for PowerPoint Presentations
If you’re looking for a way to improve stale PowerPoint presentations and make a memorable impression, using video in your slides is a great ...

Chrome Beta v48 adds custom notification buttons, Presentation API support and more
... it some notable changes that will make developers' jobs much easier. New in the Chrome Beta version 48 update is support for the handy Presentation ...