Ajax application not working when deployed to web server

I installed the extender and then the toolkit and was able to create the sample application described here: http://ajax.asp.net/ajaxtoolkit/Walkthrough/UsingSampleExtender.aspx

 However, when I deploy the webpage to my company's web server I get the following error when I try to run it:

Server Error in '/ajaxtest' Application.

Configuration Error

Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified. (E:\WebSites\ajaxtest\web.config line 41)

Source Error:

Line 39: 		</httpHandlers>
Line 40: 		<httpModules>
Line 41: 			<add name="ScriptModule" type="System.Web.Handlers.ScriptModule, System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35"/>
Line 42: 		</httpModules>
Line 43: 	</system.web>

Source File: E:\WebSites\ajaxtest\web.config    Line: 41

 The file it is referencing (E:\WebSites\ajaxtest\web.config) is there. Does anyone have any idea what's going on? I've Googled the problem and searched on here but nothing seems to work.

Thanks in advance!

3/26/2007 3:52:13 PM
asp.net.ajax_control_toolkit 17816 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Do you have System.Web.Extensions.dll in the bin directory in the server?

Nuno Agapito

This credits that member, earns you a point and marks your thread as Resolved.
3/26/2007 5:06:07 PM

Do you mean the bin application of my AJAX enabled web app?

 If so, that particular DLL is not in the bin folder, but it's not in the bin folder on my local machine either and it runs fine there. It just doesn't run on the web server.

3/26/2007 6:03:21 PM
If you don't have a bin of your application in the bin folder, maybe it's because you don't have a webApp project but a web site project. But, in both cases, you should have more dll's in the bin folder and that dll's should be copied to the bin folder on the server!

Nuno Agapito

This credits that member, earns you a point and marks your thread as Resolved.
3/26/2007 8:30:45 PM

That's true. It is a web site project and not a web app project. However, I do have a bin folder for the application on my development machine and the server. When run on my development machine the application works, but when run on the server it doesn't. And neither bin folder has the dll you mentioned.

 I'm sorry if I was confusing before.

Regardless, I will see about getting that dll into the proper folder and see what happens from there. Thanks again for your help and advice!

3/26/2007 8:36:59 PM

The dll you need should be here:

C:\Program Files\Microsoft ASP.NET\ASP.NET 2.0 AJAX Extensions\v1.0.61025\System.Web.Extensions.dll

Put it on bin folder on server and it should work, I hope. :P

Nuno Agapito

This credits that member, earns you a point and marks your thread as Resolved.
3/26/2007 8:53:00 PM

SWEET! That did the trick!

 Thanks a million, Agapito! I really appreciate it.

3/26/2007 9:05:33 PM

Gracias!  Friend!  it worked.

hittem in the head ed.

nfs server on opensuse 11.2
Hi, Twice in the past two months, I've tried to get an opensuse box I have to share a directory via NFS. I've failed each time, but I thought that the third time, I'd enlist some help from the forums, if I could. A question you could well ask, is how do I know that the nfs server and not the client is the problem? Short answer is: I don't! That's why nfs (and many netwrk problems) are laborious, you're troubleshooting needs to take place at both source and desitination. Next question, what do I have set up so far? Well, I did download the nfs server ker...

Launching Excel in as a separate application (rather than in browser)
I have a simple macro that needs to be run in MS Excel. I would like to provide a simple link to this using a image button with an icon image on the web page. I have everything working OK, however the Excel workbook opens within the browser. Is it possible to launch Excel on the client machine, loading the XL file from the server? I'm not interested in saving the workbook, it's read-only - just includes the macro - and the user copies the results to the clipboard. Currently I have the Image Button firing the code below on its click event:Response.Redirect("Search.xls")T...

A Simple "Proof-of-Deployment" Example?
Getting started with these improved technologies is always the hardest part and I'm having a devil of a time trying to just prove that AJAX will work on one or more of my hosting accounts -- all of which are "shared hosting". Does anyone have a simple 3 file (or so) example -- with indications about where the various DLL things should be (besides the obvious areas which are supposed to provided in the shared enviroment in places where your hosting service must put them) that will RUN and prove deployment? Mahalos in advance ... :)  KevInKauai Oh  I want too! if y...

Web Services + Global Exception Handling + AJAX
Hi,I'm looking for some suggestions on the best way to add global exception handling to web services that will be called by soap and ajax clients.I currently have a custom soapexception that does a nice job for any soap requests however this fails to execute when the service is called from ajax (assuming that the scriptmanager isn't using soap).Ideally it would be great if MS could somehow tie all asp.net / web services exception handling into one mechanism (Application_Error would be nice) however I'm open to ideas on how to do this with existing tools.Appreciate your time. Daryl ...

Enumerate all running application windows..
Hi, I need to fill a combobox with the application names of active 'normal' applications under xp and vista (i.e. apps which has a visible taskbar button). How do I do that in code? (need application name and window handle) Thanks for any help on this regards Tor "Tor Tveitane" <nospam@gmail.com> wrote in message news:74404@forums.codegear.com... > I need to fill a combobox with the application names of active 'normal' > applications under xp and vista (i.e. apps which has a visible taskbar > button). > > How do I do ...

Reporting Broken Web Site w SM 2.0.13pre
When trying to report a broken web site, the pop-up window "Sending report to server" just sits there with the "green" progress markers moving along. Last updated: Mon Feb 14 2011 14:05:51 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time) User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv: Gecko/20110213 SeaMonkey/2.0.13pre Extensions (enabled: 9) * Autofill Forms (https://blueimp.net/mozilla/) * BetterPrivacy 1.48.3 (http://netticat.ath.cx/extensions.html) * ChatZilla 0.9.86 (http://chatzilla.hacksrus.com/) (disabled) * DOM Inspector 2.0.8 (ht...

[ID 20011101.071] Receive perl.exe
--0__=85256AF7006FE8B78f9e8a93df938690918c85256AF7006FE8B7 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit I am attaching the file created via perlbug. (See attached file: bugrep0548) --0__=85256AF7006FE8B78f9e8a93df938690918c85256AF7006FE8B7 Content-Type: application/octet-stream; name=bugrep0548 Content-Disposition: attachment; filename=bugrep0548 Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64 VGhpcyBpcyBhIGJ1ZyByZXBvcnQgZm9yIHBlcmwgZnJvbSBzYnJhZmZAbWV0bGlmZS5jb20sDQpn ZW5lcmF0ZWQgd2l0aCB0aGUgaGVscCBvZiBwZXJsYnVnIDEuMzMgcnVubmluZyB1bmRlciBwZXJs IHY1LjY...

Is the Web heading toward redirect hell?
Google is doing it. Facebook is doing it. Yahoo is doing it. Microsoft is doing it. And soon Twitter will be doing it. We're talking about the apparent need of every web service out there to add intermediate steps to sample what we click on before they send us on to our real destination. This has been going on for a long time and is slowly starting to build into something of a redirect hell on the Web. Is this really where the Web is headed? Do we want it to? Is the Web heading toward redirect hell? http://royal.pingdom.com/2010/09/22/is-the-web-heading-toward-redirect-hell/ ...

AJAX Calendar extender
Where is a list of all members of the Calendar Extender, especially about Selected Date? Please advise. Thanks.Please mark the post(s) that have helped you as "Answer" Hi, the documentation can be found here: http://ajax.asp.net/ajaxtoolkit/Calendar/Calendar.aspx. Otherwise you can also download the full source code of the calendar extender to take a look at. Download it here: http://www.codeplex.com/AtlasControlToolkit. Grz, Kris.Read my blog. Handy Firefox plugins for web developers.Workaround for non working Mark as answer buttons. I think there's a bug on A...

Client 4.91 vs (server 6.0sp5 & eDir & NICI 2.6.7)
We have 3 Netware servers with eDirectory 8.7.3 FP1 (EDIR8731.EXE) and one with eDirectory 8.7.3 IR6 (EDIR8736.EXE) and NICI 2.6.7. When users are logged in server with eDir and trying change password, password did not changed with error 0xfffffa4c. I find only description these error - NICI E NOT FOUND. But if we recconnect user to any other server in tree, password was successfully changed witout any error. Help as please. -- With best regards, Peter S. Voronov Pvoronov, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. T...

file upload control for windows desktop application using vb.net
hi can anybody pls tell me the control for uploading a file in windows application using vb.net.I know that we have file upload control in asp.net for webforms as well as in html controls. But this time i've to create a desktop application and have a window form that allow user to upload the images,as well as text files etc through this window form. This is really urgent.Pls help. Thanks,Neha    In window forums you need to use SaveFileDialog to do the file saving... This forum is dedicatedly for Asp.Net related web development, so if you have any queries ...

how to more safe to access web site authorized by window integration
Hi. guys ,here are some code  in javascipt used to access some web site authorized by window integration,by which you can directly access the web site without filling your name and password in a pop window:var user="Your name";var pwd = "Your password";http_request = new ActiveXObject("Msxml2.XMLHTTP");http_request.open("GET","Your url",true,user,pwd);http_request.send();  if (http_request.status == 200) {   window.location ="Your url";// if the authorized successfully ,call the url again ,and enter the web site.}........Although we can access some web site,such as s...

Database row sets: working with ref to array-of-refs to array
Hi, Using the DBI module, I've retrieved a row set from a database. I have an $ary_ref with which to access the data. As I understand it, $ary_ref is: a reference to ... an array of references to ... fixed-length arrays containing the selected cells from each row. The SELECT statement that produced this result specified three columns to return; A, B, and C. I want to take the values of A and C from each row, concatenate them with equal-signs, surround this pair with parens, and join these with commas. e.g. (a1=c1),(a2=c2),(a3=c3) ... etc. I've been ...

ajax or not to ajax.
Heres a strange one for you. I have a textbox, a button and a gridview on a page. I enter some search text which returns 500 odd records in under a second. When i wrap the gridview in an updatepanel, set its update mode to "conditional" and the trigger to the button the page can take 2-4 seconds to render. I think the problem is down to page redering some how as my progress indicator stops at around the same time as the normal postback would appear. I have also noticed this very behaviour and have come to the conclusion that in cases like this it is better to hand code a XMLHttp...

Change Windows application to Client Executable
Hi, I've developed a vb.net application that loads several xml files and with the help of xsl converts these xml files into one master xml file.  All of my experience is making asp.net applications but I realize that this current application is a windows (desktop) application that works well when I run it in Visual Studio but I need two users in the office to be able to run it from their local machines (without using the Visual Studio development environment). So the question is: How do I create a client executable from this windows application so that local users here can run this a...