Ajax application not working when deployed to web server

I installed the extender and then the toolkit and was able to create the sample application described here: http://ajax.asp.net/ajaxtoolkit/Walkthrough/UsingSampleExtender.aspx

 However, when I deploy the webpage to my company's web server I get the following error when I try to run it:

Server Error in '/ajaxtest' Application.

Configuration Error

Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified. (E:\WebSites\ajaxtest\web.config line 41)

Source Error:

Line 39: 		</httpHandlers>
Line 40: 		<httpModules>
Line 41: 			<add name="ScriptModule" type="System.Web.Handlers.ScriptModule, System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35"/>
Line 42: 		</httpModules>
Line 43: 	</system.web>

Source File: E:\WebSites\ajaxtest\web.config    Line: 41

 The file it is referencing (E:\WebSites\ajaxtest\web.config) is there. Does anyone have any idea what's going on? I've Googled the problem and searched on here but nothing seems to work.

Thanks in advance!

0
Tyleulenspiegel
3/26/2007 3:52:13 PM
asp.net.ajax_control_toolkit 17816 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Do you have System.Web.Extensions.dll in the bin directory in the server?

Nuno Agapito
www.infortucano.pt

This credits that member, earns you a point and marks your thread as Resolved.
0
Agapito
3/26/2007 5:06:07 PM

Do you mean the bin application of my AJAX enabled web app?

 If so, that particular DLL is not in the bin folder, but it's not in the bin folder on my local machine either and it runs fine there. It just doesn't run on the web server.

0
Tyleulenspiegel
3/26/2007 6:03:21 PM
If you don't have a bin of your application in the bin folder, maybe it's because you don't have a webApp project but a web site project. But, in both cases, you should have more dll's in the bin folder and that dll's should be copied to the bin folder on the server!

Nuno Agapito
www.infortucano.pt

This credits that member, earns you a point and marks your thread as Resolved.
0
Agapito
3/26/2007 8:30:45 PM

That's true. It is a web site project and not a web app project. However, I do have a bin folder for the application on my development machine and the server. When run on my development machine the application works, but when run on the server it doesn't. And neither bin folder has the dll you mentioned.

 I'm sorry if I was confusing before.

Regardless, I will see about getting that dll into the proper folder and see what happens from there. Thanks again for your help and advice!

0
Tyleulenspiegel
3/26/2007 8:36:59 PM

The dll you need should be here:

C:\Program Files\Microsoft ASP.NET\ASP.NET 2.0 AJAX Extensions\v1.0.61025\System.Web.Extensions.dll

Put it on bin folder on server and it should work, I hope. :P

Nuno Agapito
www.infortucano.pt

This credits that member, earns you a point and marks your thread as Resolved.
0
Agapito
3/26/2007 8:53:00 PM

SWEET! That did the trick!

 Thanks a million, Agapito! I really appreciate it.

0
Tyleulenspiegel
3/26/2007 9:05:33 PM

Gracias!  Friend!  it worked.