ajax 3.5 extensions preview and .NET 3.5

I'm a little bit confused.

On one hand you say the AJAX framework is included in .NET 3.5. On the other hand there's an ajax extensions preview which "provides new functionality being added to ASP.NET 3.5 and ADO.NET in 2008." Is the latter like an addon to the .NET 3.5 built-in framework? Out of a developer perspective I would like to know if it is "safe" to develop with the 3.5 extension preview.. and if at any state its functionality is added to the .NET framework. Do I need to install the 3.5 extension preview on my host running IIS, too? Or is it just for visual studio integration?

This might sound confusing.. that's because I am :-)

0
liga

No, the preview came first.  It was basically a beta version of the 3.5 Framework.  If you have Visual Studio and the release version of the 3.5 Framework, do not install the Preview.  It would be a step backward.

When you ask a question, remember to click "mark as answered" when you get a reply which answers your question.

My latest ASP.NET AJAX blog entries.
0
DisturbedBuddha
2/6/2008 1:46:13 PM

argh! that's really bad.
Does somebody know if I can get rid of them again without having to redo everything I already developed?

And I don't think there was a AJAX template in vwd 2008 express when there only was the .NET framework 3.5 installed.

So what do I need?

0
liga
2/7/2008 12:08:20 PM

Every website created in VS2008 or VWD2008 is Ajax-enabled.  The functionality is built right in.

When you ask a question, remember to click "mark as answered" when you get a reply which answers your question.

My latest ASP.NET AJAX blog entries.
0
DisturbedBuddha

Proplem with..Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.3) Gecko/20090824 Firefox/3.5.3 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)
Name: Tony Email: Accuscopeathotmaildotcodotuk Product: Firefox Summary: Proplem with..Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.3) Gecko/20090824 Firefox/3.5.3 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729) Comments: I have used Firefox for many years but I am not happy with latest version. You can set options such as home page and security and privacy settings but as soon as you close the browser and re start it remembers none of the settings??? Very frustrating! I have re-installed several times and rebooted every time but it always goes back to a default page as though I had just do...

Can we replace Microsoft .Net framework 3.5 with Microsoft .NET Compact Framework 3.5
Hi, I have installed vs2008 in C drive and removed it from there  including Microsoft .Net framework 3.5, due to space crunch, then I started installing it in D drive, in this case it did not install .Microsoft .Net framework 3.5 and now it does not show me Microsoft .Net framework 3.5 it shows .NET Compact Framework 3.5 in Add remove program list. My question is will VS2008 work fine with .NET Compact Framework 3.5. apart from it it also has .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 in the list, all what is missing is microsoft .net framework 3.5  Please let me know ...

Can I switch from .Net 3.5 to .Net 3
After finishing the website that I built in VS 2008 and has AjaxControlToolkit controls. I was informed by the network admin that the server has .Net 3 and that we can't install .Net 3.5. I tried to change the application settings from Property Page --> Build node, and then select .Net Framework 3.0 from Target Framework Dropdownlist, and then click OK BUT then I can't run my application I get error message and the     <asp:ScriptManager ID="ScriptManager1" runat="server" />   is unknown even when I try ...

Upgrade from 3.5.3 to 3.5.5
Name: Email: lenekerratgmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Upgrade from 3.5.3 to 3.5.5 Comments: Upgrade manager automatically upgraded from 3.5.3 to 3.5.5 on my AMD64 system using Ubuntu 9.10. The browser worked fine in its 3.5.3 configuration. Now after the upgrade, links do not respond to mouse clicks, my mouse scroll button doesn't work, browser locks up from time to time. Home icon goes to Mozilla site even though I input and save home as google. Preference goes blank when browser is open, the system is not usable now, and I have to figure out how to backup ...

3.5/3.5.1/3.5.2
Name: david levy Email: davidatlevy98dotfsnetdotcodotuk Product: Firefox Summary: 3.5/3.5.1/3.5.2 Comments: Scrap this version as it is crap. Add-ons no longer work, including my Norton security, web pages struggle to load. General loading of Firefox has been tripled in load time. Takes up to much memory. Some web pages do not work properly when they had worked before. Its rubbish - I went back to 3.0.13. That at least works as Firefox should work. Chuck version 3.5 in the bin and restart from 3.0.13 which is the last version that works. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Wind...

Version beforeMozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.7) Gecko/20091221 Firefox/3.5.7 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)
Name: James Kiekow Email: jamesdotkiekowathotmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Version beforeMozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.7) Gecko/20091221 Firefox/3.5.7 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729) Comments: Dear Excellent Developers, I share a passion for the same in IT and I wanted to mention that I have the previous version of Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.7) Gecko/20091221 Firefox/3.5.7 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729) installed and it was extremely slow surfing the web so I upgraded and my assumption was correct it was the install I believe of th...

WPF .xaml .net 3.5 support in PowerDesigner 3.5
When we will have support to reverse engineer using windows presentation foundation? What would you want the result of that to be? A UML class diagram? An XML model? -- Paul Horan[Sybase] paulhoran.pbdjmagazine.com <Juliano> wrote in message news:49b9c630.592b.1681692777@sybase.com... > When we will have support to reverse engineer using windows > presentation foundation? The same that any tools like Enterprise Architech from Sparx, one UML representation, if I have interfaces in my xaml.vb or xaml.cs, I want see in my diagram after a reverse engenieer, ...

WSS 3.0 and AJAX (.Net 3.5). Compatibility?
I have a webpart that was developed in VS 2008.  It utlizes a few AJAX controls.  Will this work ok on 2003 Server, with WSS 3.0 SP1 and .net 3.5 Framework?   Thanks in advance,   Roger Hi Rogoflap I think the answer is YES, for more information, please read the following article: ASP.NET AJAX Support in WSS 3.0 and MOSS 2007 SP1http://blogs.msdn.com/joelo/archive/2007/11/29/asp-net-ajax-support-in-wss-3-0-and-moss-2007-sp1.aspx Thanks.  Lance ZhangMicrosoft Online Community SupportPlease remember to mark the replies as answers if they help an...

.Net 3.5 ADO.Net Data Service & Ajax
 Hello, I was trying to use the example in the following video and I keep getting "Server Method "Categories" failed" error. I have .Net 3.5 SP1 and VS 2008, is there any workable example out there? I also added the Entity Data Model. http://www.asp.net/learn/3.5-SP1/video-239.aspx  I really like the way how you can access data in the database using javascript. Any help on this code? thx Default.aspx     <input id="ButtonQuery" type="button" value="Perform Query" onclick="return ButtonQuery_oncli...

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; de; rv:1.9.1.7) Gecko/20091221 Firefox/3.5.7 GTB6 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)
Name: hajori Email: hajoriataondotat Product: Firefox Summary: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; de; rv:1.9.1.7) Gecko/20091221 Firefox/3.5.7 GTB6 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729) Comments: (Deutsch) Seit den Update braucht Firefox 5 Minuten um eine neue Seite zu laden das kann doch nicht normal sein ?????????? Oder ? Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; de; rv:1.9.1.7) Gecko/20091221 Firefox/3.5.7 GTB6 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729) From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wis...

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9.1.7) Gecko/20091221 Firefox/3.5.7 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729
Name: Patrick Email: plakt97312atmsndotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9.1.7) Gecko/20091221 Firefox/3.5.7 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729 Comments: Firefox 3.5.7 running on HP Laptop hp G60, with Vista. When opening various websites, Firefox has functionality problems, specifically the minimize, size window, or close buttons in the upper left corner do not work. The scroll bar still works. Also, if I go to a website (i.e. Hotels.com AAA.com, etc.) and use a calendar at the site to select a date, Firefox freezes some of the time and...

installing .net 3.5 on Server 2003. IIS does not show the 3.5 version on the tab
I installed a trial version of Windows Server 2003 and installed .net 2.0 and 2.5 but when I install my asp.net app in IIs and then go to the tab, it does not show any other version of the .net then 1.1 I also installed the SP2 of server 2003.  asp.net tab should show 1.1 and 2.0. It will not show 3.5 as a version .Jeev~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~If you get the answer to your question, please mark it as the answer. Thank you for your reply. I have first installed .net 2.0 then 3.5. So why does it not show any of them? only 1.1?   bcweed966: I installed a trial ver...

enabling ajax in WSS 3.0 SP1 with .net 3.5 installed??
Hello, I've seen a lot of excitement about WSS 3.0 SP1 and .NET 3.5 and AJAX, but I can't find anything which explains how to ensure that AJAX is indeed enabled in this kind of setup. Would someone please point me to where I can find out how to make sure AJAX is enabled for this WSS server?? It is a new/clean install of WSS 3.0 SP and .NET 3.5. I'm sure I have to modify or install files, but what??? Thank you, Tom...

Problems migrating .NET c# website from IIS6/3.5 on XP to IIS7/3.5 on Vista
Ok chiefs, I have spent a good 3 days and now i am quite frustrated so am posting this here before i go searching again on this forum. Pardon me if this posting is not in the right place. As the subject says i have a website mostly written in C# which works fine on my desktopIIS6/3.5, since i travel a lot i decided to copy it on my laptop (Vista/iis7/3.5) and all of a sudden i get a this.adapter problem and some weird line in a file in the compiled temporary directory. Both environments use Visual Web developer 2008 express edition  I have tried the following on the laptop (which obvi...

Web resources about - ajax 3.5 extensions preview and .NET 3.5 - asp.net.ajax_control_toolkit

Google Chrome extension - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
to build the extensions which requires different code and skills for each extension. Extensions can be created through use of web technologies ...

Star Wars: The Force Awakens: Browser extensions help avoid online spoilers
There are at least two extensions for Google's Chrome browser that will help you stay away from spoilers for the new film.

Feds defend request for right-to-die time extension
The Liberal government is telling the Supreme Court of Canada that those pushing for speedy implementation of right-to-die policies are naive ...

Skype iPhone & iPad app gets improved sharing with iOS extension
... if you’re unfamiliar: The updated Skype app for iPhone and iPad is available on the App Store. Filed under: Apps Tagged: App Store , extension ...

Obscura Camera 2.0 introduces Photos edit extension and improved photo browser
... launch on iOS. Obscura 2.0 sees the addition of a couple of notable features and the introduction of a new pricing model. Photos edit extension ...

HC.Gov extension to 12/17
... in comments over the past day about what to do if you were stuck in Healthcare.gov . I thought there was a good chance of a 1 to 3 day extension ...

Rwandans approve extension of Presidential term
Rwandans voted overwhelmingly to support changes to the constitution that would allow President Paul Kagame to extend his term in office, possibly ...

Solar & Wind Tax Credit Extensions Big Boost To Solar & Wind Growth
... Returns Support to Wind and Solar After many long months of deliberations and lobbying, the US Congress has approved a five-year extension to ...

‘Dance Moms’ Star Abby Lee Miller Threatens Exit From Upcoming Season; Seeks Extension In Legal Battle ...
The Dance Moms host seems to be fighting two different wars on two separate fronts, both of which could possibly see Abby Lee Miller on TV a ...

US extension of solar investment tax credit expected to decrease US PV installation capacity in 2016
The US senate has decided to extend solar investment tax credit for five years and this is expected to result in reductions in US PV installation ...