"ASP.NET AJAX" in ASP.NET 1.1

Hi guys,

I want to implement the ASP.NET AJAX controls functionality in my web application which is developed in ASP.NET 1.1

So can anyone guide me that can i use the same control toolkit of ASP.NET AJAX which is mainly developed for asp.net2.0 in asp.net 1.1

If no then any alternatives for this.

Thanks

Prashant
0
prashant_victory
4/14/2008 5:18:51 AM
asp.net.ajax_control_toolkit 17816 articles. 0 followers. Follow

hi

sorry, you can't use asp.net 2.0 ajax extensions and toolkit in .net 1.1 ,,,

you need to migrate the Project to asp.net 2.0 ,

Regards,

Anas Ghanem.

Note:Please Don't hesitate to click "Report Abuse" link if you noticed something wrong on the forums (like duplicate ,Off-topic,offensive,or any post that violates the website "TERMS OF USE"). -- Thanks!

0
anas
4/14/2008 6:32:54 AM

 But its a big web application and its will take time,

but what we want is for the time being we implement this type of concept in 1.1 and side by side we'll work on to move the application to asp.net2.0

So for the present situation, we need asp.net ajax  , its ok if we can't use asp.net ajax in asp.net1.1, then is there any alternative like asp.net ajax or anything using which we can solve our problem for some time.

Prashant
0
prashant_victory
4/14/2008 7:02:10 AM

In this case , you need to learn one of the Ajax libraries .

there is a lot of them , the most public libraries are :

http://anthem-dot-net.sourceforge.net/

http://www.codeplex.com/AjaxPro

regards,

Regards,

Anas Ghanem.

Note:Please Don't hesitate to click "Report Abuse" link if you noticed something wrong on the forums (like duplicate ,Off-topic,offensive,or any post that violates the website "TERMS OF USE"). -- Thanks!

0
anas

.Net 1.1 with .Net 2.0 virtual directory using AJAX "Sys undefined"
I'm having an issue running an AJAX app I built, I think I might know what the problem might be, but if so, I am not sure how to fix it. The main site is built with 1.1 and new application is 2.0.  I have the new application configured properly (as far as I can tell) in its own app pool, etc..  The app runs just fine (I have other 2.0 apps that run along side the main 1.1), but I am getting an error: "Sys undefined...."  I've checked to enusre the mappings for the .axd extension for this particular VD are pointing to the correct place as ...

Method "UrlPathEncode" available in .NET 1.1 but VS.NET 2003 not seeing it
I'm trying to reference HttpUtility.UrlPathEncode(SomeStr) in my VB code but I get a build error saying "'UrlPathEncode' is not a member of 'System.Web.HttpUtility'."I've included "Imports System.Web.HttpUtility" at the codebehind page though it won't build. Appearently, when I use HttpUtility.UrlPathEncode(SomeStr) in a page with no codebehind page, it is interpreted fine. Is this because I am trying to build the code behind using VS.Net2003? Is there a way around this short of creating these pages with no code behind?King Hi Kelder, I think it should be ser...

Can anyone tell me the diff between .net framework versions "1.1.4322.573" and "1.1.4322.903"
Production environment is running 1.1.4322.573 Pre Production environments are running 1.1.4322.903 We are seeing some javascript errors that are only happening in our production environment. All of our pre production environments for testing, development and what not seem to be running fine. We get the generic client side error that says which line, which char number and the brief description. The actuall error states "Expected ';' " . Here is the line of code that it's complaining about. "theform = document._ctl6:Form1;" This is microsoft ge...

.NET 1.1 version of "Previous Page?"
I have a web app built in ASP.NET 1.1 and C#.  I need to base some controls on a page on what page the user has navigated there from, e.g. a button's text and On_Click function will depend on how the user got to the page.  I know that in .NET 2.0 I could use an "if (Page.PreviousPage == "PageName.aspx") statement, but is there an equivalent in 1.1? No previous page on 1.1 as far as I know.CheersAlMy BlogMapStats.NETPlease click on 'Mark as Answer' if this post answered your question! Perhaps if I explain in more detail what I need to accomplish, you or someone else can ...

Has a "sunset" date been announced by Microsoft for .NET 1.1 support?
My employer has developed a large custom software package using Visual Studio 2003 and .NET 1.1.  Our other projects are mostly in .NET 2.0 and we are starting to work with .NET 3.5.  We need to find reasons why the customer should pay for one of our developers to spend 1-2 weeks doing a conversion to version 2.0 or 3.5.  The customer is trying to cut costs, so typical programmer reasons for the conversion won't cut it (e.g. "VS 2003 is way uncool and the other geeks don't respect me...").  Just kidding.  Seriously, we would like to give them the ri...

Old AJAX in .NET 1.1 compatibility with .NET framework 2.0. Ajax does not work always ....................
Hello,I have converted the web site from .NET 1.1 to .NET 2.0. Some of the pages in the web site use AJAX which was developed in .NET 1.1Ajax does not work smoothly in .NET 2.0. Do I have to use ATLAS or is there any fix I can use to make the AJAX work ?Please let me know. Many thanks in advance. Nick..........

Does Visual Studio .NET 2003 (version 7.1.3088) & NET Framework 1.1 support AJAX ?
Dear friend, 1. Does Visual Studio .NET 2003 (version 7.1.3088) & NET Framework 1.1 support AJAX ? 2.  i don't know if i can implement AJAX for my case below ? pls advise... i have built a windows application to connect to a card reader DLL,   but right now i have to build it for web application..and it's a real challenge since i have blank idea...   i also write the source code for the windows application below , for analysis...   the case is like these : --------------------------1. we have a card reader (usb port connection)...   2. we must connect...

.NET 1.1 to 2.0 "remember me" checkbox no longer works
I have a site I recently updated to ASP.NET 2.0 from 1.1 and everything works fine (with minimal fiddling) except the remember me check box on the log in page.  I use custom forms authentication.  Web.config defines the timeout as 60 minutes: <forms name="NIDB1AuthCookie" protection="All" timeout="1" loginUrl="Login.aspx" cookieless="UseCookies" />And in the login.aspx.cs file I have it check the checkbox to see if its checked and then manually set the cookie to expire in 30 days.  if (cbRememberMe.Checked){ //Set cookie to expire in 30 days if user checks the remem...

Web resources about - "ASP.NET AJAX" in ASP.NET 1.1 - asp.net.ajax_control_toolkit