Web UI with a large image holder, the image can be viewed by scrollbar!!

 Hi All,

I have made a Web UI with a large image holder, the image is kept in a panel and the part which is not visible can be viewed by the panel horizontal scrollbar.

Now the problem is I want a vertical line (marker) which indicates the position where the user has last viewed the image. This vertical bar position on the image helps in drawing the next page.

This is similar to layering of images, which I don't know if is possible in Web.

Any idea how to acheive this..

Regards,

Lalit.

0
lalitsrana

ADO.net problem: i can not view image data for the rest of my table rows except the image for the first row but i can read all the other non image fields for all rows.
Hi i have a table with the following fields imgid............int imgdata........image imgtitle.........varchar(max) imgType........varchar(max) imgLength.....bigint incident_id.....int i have no problem with uploading the image but viewing the uploaded image(s) in a gridview has caused me great pain. The probelm is i have two pages. page1 grabs the image to display and page2 has a gridview that displays the grabed image. I wanted to have an sql statement like SELECT * FROM mytable WHERE incident_id=someValue. IF i have 5 records in this table and i view page2 ...

'Image' is an ambiguous reference between 'System.Web.UI.WebControls.Image' and 'System.Drawing.Image'
In my aspx page, I have the following snippet: <%@ Page Language="C#" %><%@ Import Namespace="System.IO" %><%@ Import Namespace="System.Drawing" %>     public System.Drawing.Image Test()    {      ...    }  I keep getting the 'Image' is an ambiguous reference between 'System.Web.UI.WebControls.Image' and 'System.Drawing.Image' error in my Test function (which returns an Image). How do I fix this? Right which is possible; use the full...

Show Image on the System.Web.UI.WebControls.Image
Hi I have image stored as bytes in the SQL Database. I can read this into byte array depending on the user selection. Now I want to show the loaded image (which is in byte array) in the image control on my aspx page. Can somebody help me with this You'll want to set the ImageUrl tag to an ASPX page, and then make that ASPX page retrieve the image and output it to the http output stream. See this article for more info: http://www.aspfree.com/c/a/ASP.NET/Retrieving-Images-from-a-Database--C---Part-II/--Rob WallingASP.NET MVPMy blog, Software by RobPlease click "Mark as Answer&...

CS0104: 'Image' is an ambiguous reference between 'System.Web.UI.WebControls.Image' and 'System.Drawing.Image'
 CS0104: 'Image' is an ambiguous reference between 'System.Web.UI.WebControls.Image' and 'System.Drawing.Image'   <%@ Page Language="C#" %> <%@ Import Namespace="System.Drawing" %> <%@Import Namespace="System.Drawing.Imaging" %>   <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"><script type="text/C#" runat="server"> void Page_Load() {//The @ means "Ignore escape characters!" in the following string. It is a verbatim //literal string - any backslashes (and newlines) in...

Save image from System.Web.UI.WebControls.Image to database
Save image from System.Web.UI.WebControls.Image to databaseI do not know the coding on:1. How to save image from System.Web.UI.WebControls.Image control to the database.2. The code the retrieve the image from the database and display back onto the control.The project that I am doing is in WEBFORM. The project reads a smartcard of the user and display the data inside the smartcard onto control such as textboxes and image control. Then save it into the database. I read the image by:- (with success)mykad.SaveImage(Server.MapPath("MyKad.bmp"));       ...

Save image from System.Web.UI.WebControls.Image into database
Hi! The objective of this post is to know:- How do I save an image displayed using System.Web.UI.WebControls.Image control into the database. How do I retrieve the image from database and display it again onto the System.Web.UI.WebControls.Image control. The image will be saved into the table as datatype: imageThe project that I am doing:-A webform (web-application) project.I read a smartcard that contains information of a user. The smartcard contains the photo of the user, name, address, etc.The image retrieved from the smartcard is saved into the current project folder. Using Server...

System.Drawing.Image TO System.Web.UI.WebControls.Image
Is there a way to convert an System.Drawing.Image to an System.Web.UI.WebControls.Image? Im getting the image from an XML file, the binary being in base 64 string. I then convert it back to an array of bytes. My problem is that I can't find a way to create the System.Web.UI.WebControls.Image with a Stream or an array of bytes... I got the Image from Drawing but I can't convert it back to a WebControl Image. I suppose I must write down the file somewhere on the server then return the path but I dont want to leave these temporary images on the drive. Any ideas or suggestion anyone?...

System.Drawing.Image to System.Web.UI.Webcontrols.Image
How do I convert this?DaveHelixpoint LLCHarrisburg Web Developer These two are entirely two different classes meant for different things: System.Drawing.Image represents the binaray/raw form of an image where as System.Web.UI.WebControls.Image is a ASP.NET server-side control used to render an image.Mark replies as answers if they helped you solve the problem.  You should save the image to a physical file in your web application folder and set the ImageUrl property of the Image control to the virtual path. example belowSave image to a physical folder.Once it is saved (suppose you sa...

Convert System.Drawing.Image into System.Web.UI.Webcontrols.Image
hi, whenever i retrive image from the database as  bytes array, i can convert bytes array into bitmap but i cannot assign bitmap(System.Drawing.Image)  to image control(System.Web.UI.Webcontrols.Image). it is possibe to convert this. please provide me a solution. by venkatesan T. Hi,       One way is save the Image(System.Drawing.Image) in a path ,and give the saved path to ImageUrl of the ImageButton .For Eg: System.Drawing.Image img = System.Drawing.Image.FromFile(@"c:/inetpub/wwwroot/Forum/Undo.gif"); string filename="c:/inetpub/wwwroo...

Help to retrieve image from database and display in Web.UI.WebControls.Image
Hi! I am a newbie. I want to retrieve image from database and display it in Web.UI.WebControls.Image.The control name is imgPicFace.And I want when it retrieve from database the control point like this >>>  imgPicFace.ImageUrl = "~/MyKad.bmp"; Please help and provide example code for me. Thank you.SAVE CODE:- 1 Bitmap b = new Bitmap(Server.MapPath("MyKad.bmp")); 2 System.Drawing.Image i = (System.Drawing.Image)b; 3 4 MemoryStream streamP = new MemoryStream(); 5 ...

convert System.Web.UI.WebControls.Image into System.Drawing.Image
Hi!is there some way using that I can typecast System.Web.UI.WebControls.Image into System.Drawing.Image? I want to convert an image from System.Web.UI.WebControls.Image to System.Drawing.Image. Thanks in advance... VB        Dim img As System.Drawing.Image        img = System.Drawing.Image.FromFile(Server.MapPath(Image1.ImageUrl)) C#        System.Drawing.Image img = null;        img = System.Drawing.Image.FromFile(Server.MapPath(Image1.ImageUrl));  ...

Converting 'System.Drawing.Image' to 'System.Web.UI.WebControls.Image'
Hello,I have an image stored on disk, that I am manipulating using the Drawing classes, and creating a 300x400 thumbnail from. Then, I want to display this image in an Image control on my webpage. How do I do that?Code:                    //Create the delegate                    System.Drawing.Image.GetThumbnailImageAbort dummyCallBack;           &nbs...

DPI & Image size... How can I display an image with a high DPI as large on screen and have it print at its smaller Image size?
I was wondering if anyone could help with this.If I have an image I'm rendering through Bitmap.Save(Response.Outputstream,  ImageFormat.Jpeg)  it's 300 DPI with a WidthxHeight of ~3inch by ~2inch (~1000 X ~700 pixels), How can I display it on screen at its resolution but print it at its widthxheight. In photoshop the image is large on screen and correclty sized on the print out...when i render it in my web app its small on screen and correclty sized on the print out. Thanks.  I have found my problem :¬DPrinting via IE ignores the set resolution and just prints the ...

How can set an image from SystemDrawing.Image into WebControls.Image?
I want directly to set an image from SqlServer to the webform. Do you know how to do it ? please tell me. In the window form I saw a method to set an image from SqlServer: byte[] imgData=(byte[])dr["PictureFile"] // dr is SqlDataReader when call data from SqlServer MemoryStream ms = new MemoryStream(imgData); PictureBox1.Image = System.Drawing.Image.FromStream(ms); ms.Close(); but I have not yet seen any method set an image from SqlServer to WebForm. Have you seen it please tell me, thanks. ...

Web resources about - Web UI with a large image holder, the image can be viewed by scrollbar!! - asp.net.ajax-ui

Scripting News: Mac scrollbar woes.
It's been a few months since I got my new iMac and with it was forced to switch to Mountain Lion. I've more or less made my peace with everything ...

Horizontal scrollbar prompts EU gripe from 6 browser makers
With the rollout of Microsoft's browser ballot starting a few days ago, more …

WindowBlinds 7.4 supports more programs, transparent scrollbars
... existence of WindowBlinds. This highly impressive customization tool from Stardock has been updated with added support for transparent scrollbars ...

evolution of the scrollbar 1981-2011
The graphic above shows how the scrollbar has evolved over the years beginning from the Xerox Star in 1981 to the OS X Lion in 2011.

Windows users denounce Chrome scrollbar changes that mimic Chrome OS
Google Chrome users have stormed the company's support forum to complain about a non-standard scrollbar in Chrome 32 that makes it harder for ...

How Scrollbars Have Changed Throughout History
We’ve had scrollbars nearly since the invention of graphical user interfaces. At first they were bulky, ugly, eyesores that took up precious ...

20 Years of Scrollbars in One Glorious Image
... and thin ones and red ones and blue ones and ones that you likely never saw because seriously, who used a NeXTcube? But the one thing all scrollbars ...

Scrollbars Through History
Just what it says on the tin. Via Coudal .

‘Scroll Slow, Have Fun’, Scanimation-Style Optical Illusions That Are Animated by Moving a Browser Scrollbar ...
... a series of Scanimation-style optical illusions of figures like rotating skulls and Pac-Man that are animated when a user slides the scrollbar ...

Scrollbar of Contents Adds Heading Markers for Easy Navigation
Chrome: If you're reading a gigantic article in Chrome, it's easy to get lost and lose track of where you're at. Scrollbar of Contents is an ...