Using an Update Panel in a Content page of Master.page/content.page scenario

When I place an Update Panel inside a content page of a Masterpage I get the following error:

Element 'UpdatePanel' is not a known element. This can occur if there is a compilation error in the Web site.

Is the Update Panel suppose to work with a content page, etc.?  Can't seem to find any Docs that talk about where the Update Panel is allowed.

Warren

0
wc

Well, don't you know it.  Right after I put out the original post, I then downloaded the latest release of the ajax extensions and it looks like they have fixed the problem with the update panel not working on content pages - at least the docs says you can use update panels with content pages.  I'll give it a try...

Warren

0
wc
1/25/2007 12:55:29 AM

This was actually working in earlier versions too... the error is just an Intellisense bug.  (Your site should work anyway.)

There are some workarounds, but the best advice is to download SP1 of Visual Studio, where I hear the bug is fixed.

Steve Marx | ASP.NET AJAX Evangelist | Microsoft Corporation
0
Steve

Master Page multiple content page ajax update panel question
I am working on a web site, using quite a bit of the ajax tookit items that is working nicely. I want to not get the full postback flicker in the header/footers of the individual web pages (about 5 pages with ajax tab controls, multiview and other asp controls). I want to be able to move from page to page and not update the header/footers from the master page, just updating 2 content placeholders on each page. I have tried about everything but get full postbacks all the time in the header and footer. I have the script manager in the master page and have tried update panels in the master page...

throw exception if using master page,update panel with in content page
hi friends,  i am using vs2005 and asp.net2.0. i am using master page,content page ,update panel within content page. Now i want to throw exception as message box with exception name in message box due to control in update panel.i am able to show exception name in text box but not in message box. plz. help ASAP   vickyjha Hi, The Follwing code Take Data from Update Panel an Shows it When U click Show Button...Hope It Helps U <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.1//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml11/DTD/xhtml11.dtd"> <html xmlns="htt...

CSS not accessable from content page when Master Page and Content Pages are in different folder.
I can't seem to find a solution to this problem.  I have a master page and content pages and a CSS file all in the root folder.  I have created a sub folder called News and have added a content page that references the master page in the root directory with the following: MasterPageFile="~/Default.master". The issue is that the page in the News folder is not picking up the CSS styles from the master page.  Has anybody else ran into a problem like this and was able to find a solution? Any help would be greatly appreciated? Thanks, Neeraj    N...

Master Page cannot trigger Content Page Update Panel
I have a Master page with a header that have a popup page opened via javascript. In the popup page i have some selection say year and period, when a user change a selection it will do a postback save the values in session and close the popup page. When the popup page is closed i will trigger a javascript function to click a button inside my content page The button is on all your pages with that master page?...

Different head content for content pages using one Master page
Hello, I have just started using ASP.NET. I am transferring a site from php to asp.  I have one master page as the default content which has a title and meta content.  However, I want to have different title and meta content for each content page.  This is probably a really dumb question, but i have just started! CheersAndrew WelchAbtec Network SystemsCurrent project: Cycle round the world Hello ajwI am pritty new to asp.net myself but I have been working with a master page and content pages on my latest e-commerce website and from my understanding is that anything...

synchronizing content pages to master page when master page is edited
 Hi Guys,I'm new to designing websites so please forgive this basic question.I've updated my master page and the modfications ( adding a couple of extra place holders)  are not reflecting in the content pages.Is there any way we can update the content pages created before the changes to the master page were made.Thanks a lot  :)  abhinaynag: I'm new to designing websites so please forgive this basic question. I've updated my master page and the modfications ( adding a couple of extra place holders)  are not reflecting in the content pages. Is t...

Having Problem in Posting Value from a Content Page to another Content Page within a Same Master Page
Hello, I have a Master Page which contains two Content pages named: Default.aspx and Default2.aspx. I want to post a TextBox1 value (in Default.aspx) to Default2.aspx in the Master Pages and all my pages are in ContentPlaceHolder, but it is not working.   Is there Any kind of help?  Hi,you can pass value between two web forms by Query string, session  or by using cookieFor query string  refer : http://www.codeproject.com/KB/aspnet/QueryString.aspxSession: save session in default.aspx Session("t1")=text1.text retrieve session astext2.text = session(&quo...

Show content in both Master Page ContentPlaceholder AND Content Page Content control
I note that by default or rendering rules, when you add content/controls to the Content Page ASP:Content control matched to a Master Page ContentPlaceholder, any content/controls in the matching Master Page ContentPlaceholder is not displayed. Is there a setting that can be made to merge or show both content/controls in the Master Page ContentPlaceholder and content/controls in the matching Content Page Content control? Thanks         Don't think so. If you specify a content control in your page then whatever is in there displays and anything in the...

ScriptManager on Master page, Update Panel on Content page, not firing ?
HiI have a pretty big content page.On it I have a drop down list that does a post back to hide or show filters for a search and a search button. When the search button is clicked I would like a gridview to be updated. I have tried putting the update panel around the search dropdown, etc. and the grid view. When I do that I get errors: Microsoft JScript runtime error: 'this.get_element().style' is null or not an object So then I tried to put the update panel just around the grid view by turning off child triggers and setting the async post back trigger of the update panel to be the se...

how to work with master page content from content page
 Hii make a master page and put a menu on it. then i add a content page from the previous master now i want to work with the menu of the master page from the content page (no intelisence present !) any idea? thanks in advnace.  Hi, Well you have to go something like this. ControlType obj = ((ControlType)this.Master.FindControl["ControlIDonMasterPage"]); once you cast the control into the correct type then you can use obj to play around with the control on the masterpage.Faraz Shah KhanMCP, MCAD.Net, MCSD.Net, MCTS-Win/Web, MCPD-WebBlog Hi, seco:now i wa...

Update panel ins Master page ... triger control in content page
In the Masterpage i have a datalist inside a update panel . in a page used this masterpage i need when click a button de datalist refresh without refresh all the page   Somebody can help me??   thanks vgta_: In the Masterpage i have a datalist inside a update panel . in a page used this masterpage i need when click a button de datalist refresh without refresh all the page   Somebody can help me??   thanks Please ignoe this post...

Web resources about - Using an Update Panel in a Content page of Master.page/content.page scenario - asp.net.ajax-ui