Urgent: AutoCompleteExtender doesn't work/Updatepanel doesn't work

This is my code for the AutoCompleteExtender

<asp:textbox id="txtQuickSearch" runat="server" CssClass="inputText" style="width:145px; "></asp:textbox>

<atlas:AutoCompleteExtender runat="server" ID="acSearch">

<atlas:AutoCompleteProperties TargetControlID="txtQuickSearch" Enabled="True" ServicePath="http://localhost/Sony.BusinessSuite.Web.UI/AtlasServices/MasterData.asmx" ServiceMethod="GetAllModels" minimumprefixlength="2" />

</atlas:AutoCompleteExtender>

When i start typing fiddler shows:

# Result Host URL Body Caching Content-Type User-defined
1 401 localhost

/Sony.BusinessSuite.Web.UI/AtlasServices/MasterData.asmx?mn=GetAllModels

4.431 text/html

The same happens with an update panel...

basically i've been trying to use atlas things in the application we are working on here for about 3 weeks now... and up until now it has been very cumbersome and time consuming.

0
wvandeneede

Could you post the code for the method you are using in your webservice

JasonZZ

you are getting a 401. I believe that it happens because you are trying to access a web service in another domain and this is not allowed in normal conditions. Please check this thread.

Alessandro Gallo | Blog | My book: ASP.NET AJAX In Action
0
Garbin
5/26/2006 11:20:32 AM

Here's the webservice code, thanks in advance to have a look...

[WebService(Namespace = "http://tempuri.org/")]

[WebServiceBinding(ConformsTo = WsiProfiles.BasicProfile1_1)]

[ToolboxItem(false)]

public class Masterdata : WebService

{

[WebMethod]

public string[] GetAllModels(string prefixText, int count)

{

ArrayList filteredList = new ArrayList();

//Get the available product categories from the principal object.

Principal principal = (Principal)Context.User;

List<Category> myCategories = principal.Categories;

List<DKCategory> myDKCategories = new List<DKCategory>();

foreach (Category cat in myCategories)

myDKCategories.Add(new DKCategory(cat.OID));

//Get the models from the masterdata service (limited to the users available categories).

Proxy.Pricing.Model.ModelService ModelSVC = new Proxy.Pricing.Model.ModelService();

List<Model> myModelsSVC = ModelSVC.GetModels(myDKCategories, null);

foreach (Model mod in myModelsSVC)

{

if (mod.Name.ToLower().StartsWith(prefixText.ToLower()))

filteredList.Add(mod.Name);

}

return (string[])filteredList.ToArray(typeof(string));

}

}

0
wvandeneede

I tried the solution in the thread you suggested, but it didn't work.  I don't think it is related to this though, because the webservice i'm calling is in the same project than the page consuming it.

Could the problem be related to the fact i'm using the "web application project"? or nested masterpages?

Wesley

0
wvandeneede
5/29/2006 6:58:51 AM

hello.

what response do you get from fiddler?

--
Regards,
Luis Abreu

Have you tried using as RelativePath within your ServicePath parameter?

Regards

0
JasonZZ

Spellchecker doesn't work: no error, just doesn't work
Hey all. This is only happening with one person. It's all GW7 no SP. has worked fine before. Anyway when they type along it doesn't catch that spelling and it doesn't fire up spell check before it's sent like it is checked off to do. It does nothing. It just sends it when you click send; no error, nothing. I did a rebuild, analyze/fix. I have it set at all levels for this user. any ideas Mark, well, I'd try a more recent client version first. GW7 was less than stellar before SP1. Uwe -- Novell Support Connection Volunteer SysOp Please don...

Freenx doesn't work, NX doesn't work with compiz. Questions
FreeNX just doesn't work. NX from nomachine installed well, but I guess that limits me to two logins? NX doesn't work with compiz, tho, at least from machines not running compiz. So no great surprise. :-) Is there any way to run startkde that disables compiz and uses kwin? Alternatively, hows the easiest way to handle alternative logins? I could link the two documents folders together, but then I'd have problems with file permissions. I'm just looking for ideas here, I could live with two logins. -- dougnc -------------------------------------------...

keeps making me download update, but, update doesn't work, makes me download update, update doesn't work..................
Name: donald davis Email: galenachefatyahoodotcom Product: Firefox Summary: keeps making me download update, but, update doesn't work, makes me download update, update doesn't work.................. Comments: That's pretty much the whole deal. An update screen pops up, I update, the update doesn't take and the next time I use firefox mozilla the same thing happens over and over and over. Thanks Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.3) Gecko/20070309 Firefox/2.0.0.4 ...

Installation 'Sybase DataWindow PS' printer on W98 doesn't work (so PDF export can't work either)
I have a problem with export DataWindow content to PDF on W98 systems. (I don't have any problem with PDF export on other systems like as WINNT, W2K, WXP). I found out that the problem is in the Sybase DataWindow PS printer. It looks like installed but it DOESN'T WORK on W98. When I try print something on this printer then no PostScript file is created. So I tried manual installation of it but it occurs an error during manual installation (I used description of instalation from Bruce Armstrong). The error said that printer driver (PSCRIPT.DLL) can't be loaded. I use...

Custom Datagrid: Doesn't display and doesn't work
Hi all,Hope someone can share their experience! I am trying to make a custom datagrid, only in appearance for now. Results:1. On dragging the control from the VS toolbox: get a grey rectangle, not the table like look. 2. On running the Web page: no HTML.<code>Imports System.ComponentModelImports System.Web.UI.WebControlsImports System.Web.UI<DefaultProperty("Text"), ToolboxData("<{0}:custDG runat=server></{0}:custDG>")> Public Class custDG    Inherits DataGrid    Public Sub New()        Me.BorderColor = ...

Same app in two application directories
Hi All, I'm developing an ASP.net app on my local machine.  I have had Visual Studio create an application directory under "Default Web Site", and I have also created an application directory myself via inetmgr (IIS7 on Vista).  The directory created by VS works perfectly, but the directory which I created manually doesn't - every page I load returns a "could not load type" error.  The exact same files exist in both directories (I literally copied them from my dev directory to the one I created), so I know it's not the source files themselves.&...

<location> doesn't work when parent directory of path doesn't exist
Hi, I'm having a problem setting up web.config to challenge for authentication on some pages, but not others. Here is what I'm doing:<configuration>...    <system.web>...        <authentication mode="Windows" />        <authorization>            <allow users="*"/>        </authorization>...    </system.web>    <location path="se...

Keyboard shortcut 'ctrl+T' doesn't always work
Name: Georgi Liubenov Email: liubenoffatmaildotbg Product: Firefox Summary: Keyboard shortcut 'ctrl+T' doesn't always work Comments: When pdf document is opened in a tab 'ctrl+T' shortcut doesn't work. I have to go to File -> New Tab to open a tab. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.0.3) Gecko/2008092417 Firefox/3.0.3 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you must BCC (not CC) the sender for them to ...

The working process (w3wp.exe) doesn't recomile the page or doesn't load the newer version into the AppDomain.
The page doesn't recompiled even if I change it's markup/code or some globalapplication files such as web.confg, global.asax etc. Recompilation occures onlyif I restart the IIS or simply kill the working process (w3wp.exe).  Did anybody encounter this problem? Thanks in advance.Victor AmelkinR&D, ASP.NET TeamDeveloper Express Inc.  Wat made you to think that its not recycling?Does memory consumption is not coming down, if this made you to believe that its not recycling, how much memory its consuming when you are changing the config or asax page?&...

with 3.6.3 update, doesn't work well with hotmail (text of original message doesn't appear in replies)
Name: Tom Reavley Email: reavleytwathotmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: with 3.6.3 update, doesn't work well with hotmail (text of original message doesn't appear in replies) Comments: I have had to stop using Firefox because I can't adequately use my hotmail account any more. When I try to reply to or forward emails, the original text doesn't appear. Your support site has been no help, so I assume it's an unresolved bug in the program. The prior version of Firefox worked fine. So now I back using Safari until you get this fixed. Browser Details:...

Directory.Delete(path, true); doesn't work (.net 1.1) and admin can't delete
Hello all.  I have a web application that creates a user temp directory, copies files into that directory, manipulates those files, sends files to the user, and then calls Directory.Delete(path, true); to delete the temp directory and all of its contents.  The problem is that this doesn't work and the directory is still there after the method call and code execution is complete.  I also can't delete the directory manually even when logged in as an Administrator.  It says 'Cannot delete <path>: Access is denied.'.  I was under the impression that specifying 'tru...

Can't get the Web Controls to work.. The Build.Bat file doesn't work? HELP>> ARGGG>.
Hi.. I was wanting to use the IE Web Controls, the Tab Strip, etc, and play with it.. Since I have IIS 5, I thought I'd copy them there using the Read me.txt instructions and then copy to a dev server that I use at a web host.. Well, everything worked except the Build file doesn't build the Microsoft.UI.Webcontrols.DLL file? When I try to run it by double clicking on it, it runs really fast in  the DOS window, but I can't see what it says and it closes.. So I tried to do so manually and I received an error that the "cse.exe is not recognized as an internal or external command or batch...

Can't login... doesn't work at all.
Name: tester Product: eBay Companion Summary: Can't login... doesn't work at all. Comments: System: openSUSE 10.2 Architecture: x86_64 Firefox: 2.0.0.3 (x86_64) Nothing happens when I try to click the Login button in the sidebar. Indeed, it doesn't seem to be a clickable button but just an image. If I try to login via the ebay toolbar icon, nothing happens either. ebay->login and ebay->options doesn't work... nothing happens when I click those menu items. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux x86_64; de; rv:1.8.1.3) Gecko/20070320 SUSE/2.0.0.3...

I'm very upset to say i can't use firefox, it doesn't work anymore...
Name: Stephen Email: retrodotrevivalathotmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: I'm very upset to say i can't use firefox, it doesn't work anymore... Comments: I'm very upset to say i can't use firefox, it doesn't work anymore... the addons menu is blank with all weird buttons on the button, and all my addons i cant get to but some still are there like my google toolbar but it won't show in addons, and some buttons are in the navagation toolbar. i will have to uninstall if you can't help Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5....

Web resources about - Urgent: AutoCompleteExtender doesn't work/Updatepanel doesn't work - asp.net.ajax-ui

Introducing: System.Numeric.BigInteger
Well, no problem anymore, just use the new BigInteger type. You can now have the ability to use integers of any arbitrary size, so they can ... ...

ComboBox Sample
ComboBox is an ASP.NET AJAX control that, like the AutoCompleteExtender , combines the flexibility of a TextBox with a list of options that users ...

AutoComplete Sample
AutoComplete is an ASP.NET AJAX extender that can be attached to any TextBox control, and will associate that control with a popup panel to display ...