Updatepanel - During page load, how to make user not to access page..!!

Hi,

I have few tabs in my page, when user changes the tab, I am loading page contents Async'ly. I want to make all tabs are inaccessible to user during load time.

How can I ?

Thank you.

Regards,

Sreedhar

0
forum

You can tap into the events of the PageRequestManager. It fires init, begin, and end request events when an async update occurs.

Sys.Application.add_init(Page_Init);

var prm = Sys.WebForms.PageRequestManager.getInstance();

function Page_Init(sender)
{
	prm.add_initializeRequest(Page_InitRequest);
	prm.add_beginRequest(Page_BeginRequest);
	prm.add_endRequest(Page_EndRequest);
}

function Page_InitRequest(sender,args) {
	// Prevent multiple requests
	if (prm.get_isInAsyncPostBack()) {
		args.set_cancel(true);
	}
}

function Page_BeginRequest(sender, args) {
	// Logic to disable tab control
}

function Page_EndRequest(sender, args) {
	// Logic to enable tab control
}

Remember: mark posts that helped you as the answer to aid future readers

Why UpdatePanels Are Dangerous
Why You Should Not Place Your Whole Site In An UpdatePanel
0
whatispunk

when to load block data, in page loading or after page loaded with Ajax? and what templates?
Usually in page like homepage, you have several data block. For example, latest news, coming events etc. You can load them as part of the page content, that means in static way. Or you can load them one by one after the page is loaded, with Ajax, use JSON etc. I think the ideal way is your load them as part of the page, since if you do that way user see the full page once it is loaded, otehrwise, you need put a flashing loading icon there unitl the content is loaded. I am judging the two ways, in both way I need a template lanugage so I can define the blocks easier, since different clients ...

Paging Paging Paging
I am trying to do paging with my search results and it isnt working very well. Here is what I've tried and I feel I've tried everything, lol, please help me out. Sub DataGrid1_SortCommand(Sender as object, e as DataGridSortCOmmandEventArgs) DataGrid1.DataBind() End Sub Sub Datagrid1_PageIndexChanged(Sender as object, e as DataGridPageChangedEventArgs) Dim ds as dataSet DataGrid1.CurrentPageIndex = e.NewPageIndex if Session("Search") is nothing then 'Session probably has expired, get the datasource from database Datagrid1.DataSource = ...

How do you initiate an async page load on initial page load in AJAX
Hi,I have a web page with a datagrid on it and when the page first loads it has to do a lot of calculations. What I want to happen when the page is first requested is to show the datagrid with the basic information. When this basic information is displayed the page initiates a postback (without the user pressing any buttons) back to the server to start doing the calculations. In the columns which get filled in with the calculation results I want to display and animation gif showing progress and then as the various calculations complete the appropriate column values get filled in.So, first qu...

accessing a dynamically loaded child's page user controls(ascx) from a parent page(aspx)
hi all,i've search the forums and i still can't get it to work.ok here goes...i've created a dropdownlist in the parent(aspx) page, this dropdown will post-back on and load a different child(ascx) page onto a Placeholder each time the user chooses a different selection in the dropdownlist.in the child(ascx) page, say i have a textbox. in the parent(aspx) page, i have a submit button.the placeholder loads accordingly to the dropdownlist's selection, so that is ok.so now the problem is, how do i capture the text in the textbox inside the child(ascx) page from the parent(aspx) p...

page prerender and page init, page load
 what is the sequence of these event handlerspage prerenderpage initpage loadCould some one tell me what to do in each event handlers. if i want to load controls dynamically is it page -load i need to use. if i do a post back then do all the events rise again. is it going to be the whole page life cycle.if it is then i dont want to load controls everytime as it costs load time you can find an FAQ on the event sequence here: http://forums.asp.net/t/1191194.aspx on a postback, the pages full life-cycle is repeated.Mike Banavige~~~~~~~~~~~~Need a site code sample in a different la...

Web page .aspx is slow when loading. Pages have web user controls on them that are loaded dynamically
I have written a web application using VS 2003. Several of my forms have web user controls on them. The controls are loaded dynamically at runtime. The problem is that the web pages are very slow to load. Does anyone know if there is a way to speed up the pages being loaded into the browser? Here is an example of some code I use to dynamically load the controls:  private void Page_Load(object sender, System.EventArgs e)  {   // Put user code to initialize the page here   // Put user code to initialize the page here    Co...

Making page or its content read only during Page Load
Hi, I have one many links and buttons in a page that link are reffering some hidden fields which are at the end of the page. During load of the page the link is appearing and when i go and click the link then i am getting error "object not defiend" that is, it is not able to find the hidden field which is at the end of the page and yet to be loaded. so it is wiered behaviour and show stopper for my project. is there any way i can disable the page till the page gets loaded. or can i do some  check whether the perticular hidden field is loaded or not so that once the user...

load page in frame on page load
Hello is it possible on an event PageLoad to load a page in a frame. I tried many things but it stil coms to that i have to use a butten instead   tnx   Sure, we did this a while back. When you setup your frame give the one that you need to change out a name. In ours it was id='BottomContent'. Then on the Page_Load or any other event that you may need use the code below.(Just replace .BottomContent with the name that you gave to your frame) Response.Write("<script type='text/javascript'>parent.BottomContent.location='www.theurlyouwanttoload.com';</script>");It'...

Page Load loading on wrong Page
Hey there, I've been working with ASP.net for a few months now and notice some strange behaviors when it comes to Page_Load, postbacks etc. I normally find some fix for what I can't really explain what is happening, but today I'm not so lucky. I understand the Page_Load event is called when a page is loaded or the form posts back to itself. However, I notice that sometimes the Page_Load event is called at other strange times. For example.... I have the following data lists on a page called add-catalog.aspx... <asp:datalist id="_catalogs" Runat="server" ...

How to make use of master page class name in the page which is making use of master page
Hi All, Suppose page 1 makes use of one  master page say master1 How to make use of master page class name in page1.   Thanks and regards Abdul  You can use the masterpage class by adding a refference of the master page in the aspx. You can add the reference directly in the page tag or use a <%@ MasterType %> tage to refer the master page typeVikram www.vikramlakhotia.comPlease mark the answer if it helped you Hi, abdulmg:How to make use of master page class name in page1. You can try to do like below: YourMasterPagesClassName master = (YourMasterPagesClassN...

Problem Accessing Page Controls in a page that has a master page.
Hi,  I have a problem with accessing the controls of a page that has a masterpage. I am trying to access the Page.Controls from the code behind in the class file but no controls are returned.I can access single controls (ex. txtAddress.Text) but not the whole array of controls (ex. Page.Controls).  The controls structure is..                                 MasterPage  >  PlaceHolder > MyPage.aspx &n...

Accessing user controls from pages within Master pages
Hi,  I have a problem with a web-site I have built which users Master Pages.  One of the pages has a userControl within it, and in the codebehind on the page being loaded into the master page, I access methods and properties on this control.  All builds fine. When I run it, the control does not load, and looking at the source code, the reason is that the control is prefixed with the name of the container of the master page, "ctl00_contentPage" which stops this control loading properly.  As soon as I amend the HTML generated and delete this prefix from the cont...

Prevent users load to pages except home page
I want to prevent users to load pages direct freom browser, except the home page One way is write code to control the Session in JSP... if the Session is not valid then do eg forward to another page The qustion is can EAS manage the above situation and how ? or does anyone knows a different solution ? Thanks, Soteris You can setup J2EE security to secure pages and only allow access to given users with given roles. The J2EE security will force users to login before they can access a given resource. -- Dean Jones [TeamSybase] CEO PowerObjects http://www.powerobjects.co...

Not preserving the state of the Ajax page when user gets out of page
Hi,  I have an asp.net ajax page. When the user gets to another page, and then returns to the page, page is preserved (not reinitialized) I want it to be reinitialized everytime user gets out of page. I tried to play with Response.Cache, didn't work. Any suggestions I believe this question should have a trivial answer. But how? Without Ajax, a similar situation was avoided using smartnavigation=false. With Ajax, whats the answer?   Hi onura Based on my understanding, you are talking about maintain the Scroll Position when back to the page, and you need the Scr...