Refreshing the Master page Menu from content page

Hi,

       I'm having menu control on the master page, and after button click from the content page I want to refresh the master page control.

 after button click the master page menu control is refreshing but, changes not reflected in the menu control.

The changes are reflected when user refresh the page.

zcon_sachin

As per I can guess, you are performing some operation (may be Menu Item Editing) on button click event.
After button click, the page is not being refreshed, it's just the PostBack. So, the masterpage menuitems won't change as the button click has not been fired yet.
Just do one thing which will make all your problems solved. Just redirect to the same page at buttonclick event after performing your operation in that click event.

private void btnCheck_Click(object sender, System.EventArgs e)
{
    \\your code

Response.Redirect("page.aspx");
}
With Regards,
Prodipta Mondal.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
0
prodipta

        right now I'm doing the same thing, but I want to know is there any other way to refresh the menu control from content page.

zcon_sachin

AJAX, Master Pages, and Menu Control. How to prevent a full page refresh when redirecting from a menu click?
I am trying to create a site using the following: Master Pages AJAX.NET An ASP Menu Control (<asp:menu ... >) with a SiteMapDataSource CSS Friendly Adapters And other stuff not related to my problem I should also mention, that this is the first ASP.NET site I have ever done. I know I am taking on quite a load of challenges here attempting to use all of these things for the first time, but that's just how I roll :P   Overview: My site has a typical 2-column layout with a header and a footer. The menu control is in the header and the only ContentPlaceHolder is in the...

Refresh a content page without refreshing master page
Hi, I am creating website.In that web site i am using ajax with master page. i have menu button in master page. When i click a menu item ,it will redirect to another page. How can i refresh only content page when i click the menu item( i tried updatepanel placing in master page ,but it is not working). Please ANy body help me, Thanks in advance.Shivakmar Dagam you may get some help at ASP.NET AJAX > The UpdatePanel Control > Using the UpdatePanel Control with Master Pages Thanx, [KaushaL] || BloG || Profile || Microsoft MVP"I would love to change the world, but they won’...

Dynamic Menu of Master Page Goes Behind AJAX Content on Default Page
I created a AJAX DropShadowExtender on the top of my Default.aspx page. When I load the page to preview it, my dynamic menu items on my master page fall behind the AJAX content. Any ideas, Thanks!Jeff Can  you set the z-index of your menu to be higher?MCPD - Web Developer I am sorry, I do not know what you mean by the z-index. Can you give me a little more information. Thanks for your help!Jeff It is a style in CSS so you can find the div or panel that has your menu in it. Then put Style="z-index:1000" in that div or panel.MCPD - Web Developer These are asp:menuitems a...

Master and content page flickering while redirect from master page menu....
Hi. My web site look like header, left menu and footer. we faced while clicking menu from master page we load specific content page in contentpalaceholder. It is working fine but the master and content pages got refreshed. I mean both page was flickering. I have post this question yesterday. but no one do not reply yet. I have given below my sample code done in master and content page. Please suggest me where I did wrong in my code. Thanks in advance I am using Asp.net Ajax(Atlas) in my master content pages.Master page .master file code.<%@ Master Language="C#" AutoEventWir...

Refresh a content page without refreshing master page #2
I am developing a website using ajax+Masterpage concept .In my master page ,i have menu controls .The problem is when i click a menu control i want refresh only content page,not total page. So many people said you cant do it.But one day i saw a website  i.e http://www.codegod.de/WebAppCodeGod/Main.aspx How it is possible friends, Please tell me . Thanks in advance.Shivakmar Dagam Putting your content inside an iframe is probably the best way to do that.  Overusing the UpdatePanel for site navigation (as in that example you linked) is generally a mess to work with and ma...

synchronizing content pages to master page when master page is edited
 Hi Guys,I'm new to designing websites so please forgive this basic question.I've updated my master page and the modfications ( adding a couple of extra place holders)  are not reflecting in the content pages.Is there any way we can update the content pages created before the changes to the master page were made.Thanks a lot  :)  abhinaynag: I'm new to designing websites so please forgive this basic question. I've updated my master page and the modfications ( adding a couple of extra place holders)  are not reflecting in the content pages. Is t...

Refresh master page from content page only once
 Hi,     I have created one Website with master and content page.In Master page i have tree view which fill with the employee name.i want that when i click the save button of content page the new saved entry is display in the tree view along with the previous entry if tree view.Please Any body help me, Thanks in advance. Hi hiral shah , Every time you save information from content page, the master page will reload, so the treeview must display the latest ...

Refresh Master Page from Content page
Folks, I have a Master page with Content page, In the content page,  i have a button, when i clcik on the button the Master page has to referesh. Do you guys have any idea or come across this scenario.Please let me know. IF you need further information i will give example   Thanks kamesh     I don't know the problem exactly ,But you can easily do that by calling Server.Transfer(Request.RawUrl) in the button click event handler.Regards,Anas Ghanem.Note:Please Don't hesitate to click "Report Abuse" link if you noticed something wrong on t...

Master page should not be refresh while changing content page
Hi I am using asp 2.0 for my application..i used master page..I want something like frame..on left side i have menu link..whenever i click on left menu right side i want page ..but in my case whole master page is refreshing.. I want without refresh whole page ....only content page should be change...When i click on left side panel..right side content should be change..just like frame.... Please help me .. Thanks a lot.....Sejal Patel Hi, you could use an ASP.NET AJAX UpdatePanel control. Grz, Kris.Read my blog. Handy Firefox plugins for web developers.Workaround for non working Mark ...

refresh only content page, master page remain as it is
in my website ,there is one master page and many links, of other pages, comes in content page.now when user click on any link , i want that  only content page get refresh, not whole page.(master page doesnot get refresh).i am new to ajax, how can i achive this.thank you. VISHAL PAREKH  Master pages aren't like frames because they are basically a template for your pages.  Whenever the content template changes, you are on another page.  The only way around this is using iFrames or making all your content pages into user controls and have one aspx page that change...

Master Page, Menu & Content Page
Dear all, I've searched an answer to my problem on this forum but I didn't find one. I have a Master Page which contains a Menu control. I have created a Content Page which inherits the previous Master Page. My problem is sometimes when I navigate in my web application, the Content Page disappears and I have to fly over the menu with my mouse to display the Content Page. I have put the Menu and the ContentPlaceHolder in two different div tags but I still have this problem. Do you have any idea about what I have to do ? Thanks for your help! have you tried setting the z-index on the d...

Web resources about - Refreshing the Master page Menu from content page - asp.net.ajax-ui

Filibaba Smoothies - refreshing & tasty drinks on the App Store on iTunes
Get Filibaba Smoothies - refreshing & tasty drinks on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Berry refreshing cocktails
Give it the berries with drinks that draw on a proliferation of seasonally fresh fruit.

Socceroos certain also-rans: how refreshing
Australia is the 62nd-ranked soccer country in the world. In the other team sports dearest to Australians' hearts, there are not even 62 countries ...

WAG culture: Mirka Federer made a refreshing change
It really shouldn't be headline news, not in 2014, but so faultlessly has Mirka Federer conducted herself in the five years she has been married ...

Refreshing taste of diplomacy
The Scandinavians are heading south.

Refreshing way to brew a sector newbie
Nexba: refreshing way to brew an iced tea sector newbie

Justin Trudeau's Abortion Tweet About Women Is Pretty Refreshing
At a time when it can feel like women's rights are being determined by people who aren't, frankly, affected by them, one Canadian politician ...

Tea's refreshing change
Li Jiayi and her friends are happy to spend 1,000 yuan between them over a pot of tea.

This ‘Refreshing’ Document Review Job Ad Is Actually Just Annoying And Unprofessional
Does this company want document review attorneys or “camp counselors?” Continue reading » Follow Above the Law on Twitter or become a fan on ...

Coke Zero Even Makes PowerPoint A Bit More Refreshing
... that’s enough to suspect it’ll get passed around the office by basketball lovers. The post Coke Zero Even Makes PowerPoint A Bit More Refreshing ...