refresh only content page, master page remain as it is

in my website ,there is one master page and many links, of other pages, comes in content page.

now when user click on any link , i want that  only content page get refresh, not whole page.(master page doesnot get refresh).

i am new to ajax,

how can i achive this.

thank you.

VISHAL PAREKH
0
vrparekh

 Master pages aren't like frames because they are basically a template for your pages.  Whenever the content template changes, you are on another page.  The only way around this is using iFrames or making all your content pages into user controls and have one aspx page that changes them.

-1
mdenn

Refresh a content page without refreshing master page
Hi, I am creating website.In that web site i am using ajax with master page. i have menu button in master page. When i click a menu item ,it will redirect to another page. How can i refresh only content page when i click the menu item( i tried updatepanel placing in master page ,but it is not working). Please ANy body help me, Thanks in advance.Shivakmar Dagam you may get some help at ASP.NET AJAX > The UpdatePanel Control > Using the UpdatePanel Control with Master Pages Thanx, [KaushaL] || BloG || Profile || Microsoft MVP"I would love to change the world, but they won’...

Refresh a content page without refreshing master page #2
I am developing a website using ajax+Masterpage concept .In my master page ,i have menu controls .The problem is when i click a menu control i want refresh only content page,not total page. So many people said you cant do it.But one day i saw a website  i.e http://www.codegod.de/WebAppCodeGod/Main.aspx How it is possible friends, Please tell me . Thanks in advance.Shivakmar Dagam Putting your content inside an iframe is probably the best way to do that.  Overusing the UpdatePanel for site navigation (as in that example you linked) is generally a mess to work with and ma...

synchronizing content pages to master page when master page is edited
 Hi Guys,I'm new to designing websites so please forgive this basic question.I've updated my master page and the modfications ( adding a couple of extra place holders)  are not reflecting in the content pages.Is there any way we can update the content pages created before the changes to the master page were made.Thanks a lot  :)  abhinaynag: I'm new to designing websites so please forgive this basic question. I've updated my master page and the modfications ( adding a couple of extra place holders)  are not reflecting in the content pages. Is t...

Refresh Master Page from Content page
Folks, I have a Master page with Content page, In the content page,  i have a button, when i clcik on the button the Master page has to referesh. Do you guys have any idea or come across this scenario.Please let me know. IF you need further information i will give example   Thanks kamesh     I don't know the problem exactly ,But you can easily do that by calling Server.Transfer(Request.RawUrl) in the button click event handler.Regards,Anas Ghanem.Note:Please Don't hesitate to click "Report Abuse" link if you noticed something wrong on t...

Refresh master page from content page only once
 Hi,     I have created one Website with master and content page.In Master page i have tree view which fill with the employee name.i want that when i click the save button of content page the new saved entry is display in the tree view along with the previous entry if tree view.Please Any body help me, Thanks in advance. Hi hiral shah , Every time you save information from content page, the master page will reload, so the treeview must display the latest ...

Refreshing the Master page Menu from content page
Hi,       I'm having menu control on the master page, and after button click from the content page I want to refresh the master page control.  after button click the master page menu control is refreshing but, changes not reflected in the menu control.The changes are reflected when user refresh the page.Thanks  As per I can guess, you are performing some operation (may be Menu Item Editing) on button click event. After button click, the page is not being refreshed, it's just the PostBack. So, the masterpage menuitems won't change as the button cli...

Master page should not be refresh while changing content page
Hi I am using asp 2.0 for my application..i used master page..I want something like frame..on left side i have menu link..whenever i click on left menu right side i want page ..but in my case whole master page is refreshing.. I want without refresh whole page ....only content page should be change...When i click on left side panel..right side content should be change..just like frame.... Please help me .. Thanks a lot.....Sejal Patel Hi, you could use an ASP.NET AJAX UpdatePanel control. Grz, Kris.Read my blog. Handy Firefox plugins for web developers.Workaround for non working Mark ...

Using an Update Panel in a Content page of Master.page/content.page scenario
When I place an Update Panel inside a content page of a Masterpage I get the following error: Element 'UpdatePanel' is not a known element. This can occur if there is a compilation error in the Web site.  Is the Update Panel suppose to work with a content page, etc.?  Can't seem to find any Docs that talk about where the Update Panel is allowed. Warren     Well, don't you know it.  Right after I put out the original post, I then downloaded the latest release of the ajax extensions and it looks like they have fixed the problem with the update panel not working ...

Change content pages of Master Page without Master Page posting back?
so Master + content pages seems like exactly what I want except that they are assembled on postbacks. I am trying to make a site where both Master and Content pages have updatepanels, and the site switches content pages (40+ content pages) without the master page refreshing. Master Pages are assembled on postbacks so I don't think simple master page will work without annoying postbacks. I tried an approach where load content pages inside an Iframe, but the content pages take too long to load becuase each content page loads its own scriptmanager. View/Multiview will probably work but dif...

CSS not accessable from content page when Master Page and Content Pages are in different folder.
I can't seem to find a solution to this problem.  I have a master page and content pages and a CSS file all in the root folder.  I have created a sub folder called News and have added a content page that references the master page in the root directory with the following: MasterPageFile="~/Default.master". The issue is that the page in the News folder is not picking up the CSS styles from the master page.  Has anybody else ran into a problem like this and was able to find a solution? Any help would be greatly appreciated? Thanks, Neeraj    N...

Load different content pages in content place holder without refreshing the whole page using ajax
Hi, I have built a ajax enabled website, where i have a master page which holds a content placeholder, and two content pages, where one is the home screen and another is a dashboard, a menu is placed in master page , by default home page is made to display, when the menu item dashboard is clicked , the the contentplace holder should load the dashboard page without postbacking the whole page, how to do that through ajax? Pleas help me...... Its very urgent, I am stucked......rprinfo hello. i'd say that you cannot do that in your scenario. i'd refactor the site and transform the ...

Web resources about - refresh only content page, master page remain as it is - asp.net.ajax-ui

Memory refresh - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
As time passes, the charges in the memory cells leak away, so without being refreshed the stored data would eventually be lost. To prevent this, ...

Facebook Allowing Page Admins To ‘Refresh Share Attachment?’
Facebook appears to have given page administrators the option of refreshing links that they share in posts on their pages . continued... New ...

The article requested cannot be found! Please refresh your browser or go back. (CP,20120705,,-1,AR).
postandcourier.com delivers the latest breaking news and information on the latest top stories, weather, business, entertainment, politics, and ...

Refresh Analytics Provides Developers with Demographics
Toronto-based Refresh Partners has been providing demographic analytics tools for its clients to analyze their Facebook apps’ users for months. ...

Twitter.com gets a refresh
Every month, hundreds of millions of people come to Twitter to see what’s happening in the world. After all, it’s often the best place to turn ...

Refresh - Insight on People You Meet on the App Store on iTunes
Get Refresh - Insight on People You Meet on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Maine's First Ship Pepsi Refresh Video.m4v - YouTube
Maine's First Ship Pepsi Refresh Video.

IN PICTURES: Fujitsu's 2012 notebook refresh - Slideshow - ARN
New addition consists of a new Ultrabook in the Lifebook U series

Refresh your tiles to refresh your bathroom
Refresh your tiles to refresh your bathroom

Aldi supermarket refresh: Will fancier stores make Aldi more expensive?
ALDI has finally decided to invest a bit of money and refresh its supermarkets. Someone at the famously frugal German retailer has decided looking ...