problem with Visual Studio 2008, Net Framework 2.0 and AJAX 1.0 doesn't work!

I wrote simple web application with update panel but when I loaded application, update panel didn't work..I think It's problem with AJAX 1.0...

How to fix this problem???

ASP.NET 3.5
VISUAL STUDIO 2008 PRO
MS SQL SERVER 2005
0
marko

You really need to be more specific about what you're trying to do, what's happening, post your source code, something...

When you ask a question, remember to click "mark as answered" when you get a reply which answers your question.

My latest ASP.NET AJAX blog entries.
0
DisturbedBuddha
12/2/2007 4:36:16 PM
I have side by side installed visual studio 2005 and 2008.In visual studio 2005 ajax works normal, but in visual studio 2008 when working only with net framework 2.0 ajax doesn't work. I get web page normaly opened in browser but there isn't ajax support in it,in left down corner of browser I get message - yellow mark "Done but with errors".. With net framework 3.5 ajax works normal..
ASP.NET 3.5
VISUAL STUDIO 2008 PRO
MS SQL SERVER 2005
0
marko
12/2/2007 8:23:01 PM

See it her AJAX with VS 2008

http://download.microsoft.com/download/0/f/6/0f651a0f-6f2b-4497-b061-e1b2825e22e0/MSAJAX-ToDoList.wmv

Chetan Sarode
Software Engineer,
Approva Systems Pvt Ltd,
Pune, India.
0
chetan
12/3/2007 3:24:22 AM

I installed AJAX Extension 1.0 for ASP.NET V2.0 But when i create new web project, AJAX Enabled web site is not available for selection in templates.

please help

0
whoisthis
12/3/2007 12:04:15 PM

whoisthis:

There is no such thing as an "AJAX-Enabled Web Site" in Visual Studio 2008.  The workings of Ajax are built right into the core concept.  Every website you create is "AJAX-enabled".  The only thing you need to do extra is install the AJAX Control Toolkit if you want to use it.

When you ask a question, remember to click "mark as answered" when you get a reply which answers your question.

My latest ASP.NET AJAX blog entries.
0
DisturbedBuddha
12/3/2007 2:25:37 PM
When working in Visual Studio 2008 Web site with Net Framework 2.0 AJAX support doesn't work?Why I have that problem, with net framework 3.5 works normally.. Can someone answer me this question...When I load web page in browser it opens and it's all normal but I haven't AJAX SUPPORT in it,it's misssing and I have always in the left down corner of browser message "Done but with errors"...
ASP.NET 3.5
VISUAL STUDIO 2008 PRO
MS SQL SERVER 2005
0
marko
12/3/2007 3:32:34 PM

I was asking the same question. When i worked in vs.net 2005 , there is a template called "Ajax enabled website" when i create new (after installed ajax extension for asp.net) now i installed the same thing for vs.net 2008, and when i target framework to verison 2.0 and create new website. there is no template for "ajax enabled website" if i just choose the normal asp.net website the ajax support is not built in (there are lots of things missing in web.config). I know that .net 3.5 website has built in support for ajax but how do i still create .net v2.0 ajax supported site in vs.net 2008, please help.

0
whoisthis
12/4/2007 6:38:06 AM
It seams that nobody have answer on this question,or ajax is not supported in vs 2008 with .net framework 2.0...
ASP.NET 3.5
VISUAL STUDIO 2008 PRO
MS SQL SERVER 2005
0
marko

Thank you for your post!

I suggest you follow the steps in this blog Using VS 2008 to target ASP.NET AJAX 1.0()

I think the key point for your issue is:

After the VS2008 installation has finished, you should run this script to ensure that the installation of .NET Framework 3.5 will not affect the development of ASP.NET AJAX 1.0 applications.  You should do this immediately after installing VS 2008.

If you have further questions,let me know.

Best Regards,

Sincerely,
Jin-Yu Yin
Microsoft Online Community Support
0
Jin
12/6/2007 7:05:11 AM
I already used vs 2008 and this information has come to me too late,what can I do next,will this script work if the vs 2008 already been used..What can I do next?
ASP.NET 3.5
VISUAL STUDIO 2008 PRO
MS SQL SERVER 2005
0
marko

Sorry for that I have nerver tried running the script after vs 2008 already been used. Hope it still work!

Anyway,have a try..

If it doesn't work, re-install VS2008 and then try again.

Good luck.

Sincerely,
Jin-Yu Yin
Microsoft Online Community Support
0
Jin
12/6/2007 8:36:48 AM

Looks bad.. seems eaier just use old vs 2005 for ajax 1 support.

0
whoisthis
12/6/2007 12:39:29 PM

Hi!

I have ran the script, but when I try to use the update panel in a .net 2.0 website using vs 2008, the update panel doesn't work. Any idea how to solve it?

Regards,

Jean-Philippe

0
jpchenot

Did you follow the other steps in http://blogs.msdn.com/webdevtools/archive/2007/07/30/using-vs-2008-to-target-asp-net-ajax-1-0.aspx?

Sincerely,
Jin-Yu Yin
Microsoft Online Community Support
0
Jin
12/10/2007 10:30:02 AM

Unfortunately yes!

 I have since realised that basically no ajax controls work.

 They are available but at runtime nothing works.

0
jpchenot

Old AJAX in .NET 1.1 compatibility with .NET framework 2.0. Ajax does not work always ....................
Hello,I have converted the web site from .NET 1.1 to .NET 2.0. Some of the pages in the web site use AJAX which was developed in .NET 1.1Ajax does not work smoothly in .NET 2.0. Do I have to use ATLAS or is there any fix I can use to make the AJAX work ?Please let me know. Many thanks in advance. Nick..........

How Do I Use AJAX and AJAX Control Toolkit In Visual Studio 2008 When Targetting .NET 2.0 Framework?
I have recently converted a lot of Visual Studio 2003 / .NET Framework 1.1 projects to Visual Studio 2008 / .NET Framework 2.0.  I want to be able to use AJAX and AJAX Control Toolkit under Visual Studio 2008 while we target the .NET 2.0 Framework.  Unfortunately, we cannot target .NET Framework 3.5 because we need Windows 2003 Server for that and we only have Windows 2000.  I do not want to use Visual Studio 2005 either.  Is it possible to do what I want given these conditions?You can't stop entropy so why even try? The simple answer is yes.  What pr...

Visual Studio 2008 .net frame work 2,0 using the Ajax toolkit 1.
Hi, i was wondering if anyone could help me .....   I am using Visual Studio 2008 and i would like to create a .net frame work 2,0 application using the  Ajax toolkit v1. I have installed the Ajax extensions for ASP.net 2.0 I have installed the Microsoft ASP.NET 2.0 AJAX Templates for Visual Studio 2008 I can now create a 2.0 Ajax project with the basic AJAX components. I now would like to add Ajax Tookit Controls to the project. However they do not appear in the ToolBox. I can add a reference to AjaxControlToolkit.dll v1 but when i try and add controls to the toolbox...

Will AJAX Extensions 1.0 (for .NET 2.0) be affected by .NET 3.0?
Hello all,I have a web server that has a couple of site running using .NET 2.0 with the AJAX Extensions 1.0 (but not the ControlKit) and I need to install another Web App site that uses .NET 3.0. I need to know if installing .NET 3.0 will affect the sites that currently use 2.0 and the AJAX Extensions 1.0 as these sites are live and any down time would get me in the @~!£$.If there are issues, are there any work arounds? Many Thanks in advance  The .net Framework 3.0 and 3.5 add features to the .net framework 2.0 so installing the additional framework should not cause any pro...

Bad web.config in AJAX.NET 1.0 under .NET 2.0 Express
My setup is MS.NET v2.0 with the C# and Web Express editions of 2005. I also installed the AJAX 1.0 release with the respective toolkit as indicated in the AJAX.NET site. However, when I create a new project I am presented with the usual bare bones default.aspx and the web.config. However the web.config shows a lot of warnings and errors.One of them was being that the "requiredPermission" (or something like that) attribute was not recognized. Somewhere on the net there is a post of a correction to the DotNetConfig.xsd schema file in VS.2005 so I used it and it got rid of THAT warning.&n...

Hello,   I have a ASP.Net web application,written in VB.Net,developed on .Net Framework 1.0 .I am trying to port it on to .Net framework 1.1.   For achieving this,I follow the following steps-   1.Open the project using the .vbproj file. 2.I am prompted with the conversion message "Do you want to convert the solution and all projects to .Net framework  1.1....." 3.I click "Yes" 4.I assume that the project is now converted. 5.I build the project & try to run it. 6.I get the following error -     Server Error in '/Consert.Net' Application. Parser Error Description: An error occurred during the parsing of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific parse error details and modify your source file appropriately. Parser Error Message: Could not load type CONsERT.Net.Global'.Source Error: Line 1: <%@ Application Codebehind="Global.asax.vb" Inherits="CONsERT.Net.Global" %> Source File: e:\inetpub\wwwroot\Consert.Net\global.asax    Line: 1 Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.1.4322.573; ASP.NET Version:1.1.4322.573   My project includes aspx and vb files, as well as some crystal report files.   Can anyone please help me? This is almost certainly a namespace case issue. I can't believe that you have a namespace CONsERT. The FCL is case sensitive, even if VB.NET isn't, so check all of your namespace declarations,...

AJAX 1.0 for .NET 2.0 Question #2
Hello, I'm trying to utilize the AJAX Extensions 1.0 for a .NET 2.0 web application. I have manually added the registrations for assemblies and httphandlers, etc. to the web.config file. When I add a ScriptManager to the Web Form and try running it, I get the following runtime error: The base class includes the field 'ScriptManager1', but its type (System.Web.UI.ScriptManager) is not compatible with the type of control (System.Web.UI.ScriptManager). I'm running Windows XP Pro. Using VS2008 (Prism). I do have the 3.5 Framework installed. Both System.Web.Exten...

2.0.0.11 works 2.0.0.12 doesn't
Name: Vaughan Product: Firefox Summary: 2.0.0.11 works 2.0.0.12 doesn't Comments: After the forced update occurs 2.0.0.12 doesn't allow me to access the internet. I tried disabling all Add-ons but it still fails. The only solution is to re-install 2.0.0.11. I get a message that the site cannot be found. This is bs as it was found in IE6 and in Ff 2.0.0.11 seconds earlier. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.11) Gecko/20071127 Firefox/2.0.0.11 ...

VS 2008 Web Application Projects targeting .NET 2.0 and AJAX 1.0
Hi! I have a problem trying to use VS 2008 Web Application Projects targeting .NET 2.0 and AJAX 1.0: I've read in one of the blogs (http://blogs.msdn.com/webdevtools/archive/2007/07/30/using-vs-2008-to-target-asp-net-ajax-1-0.aspx) that there is a bug that makes Beta 2 recognize System.Extensions 1.0.61025.0 as a .NET 3.5 component. When I try to add a reference to it in my .NET 2.0 Web Application Project, it appears grayed out (as I believe it should). So, I there any other way to add it?I tried referencing the assembly in the web.config file, but the WAP doesn't build.Any ideas?&n...

.Net 2.0 version 1.0.10618.0 AJAX and MaximinValueMessage ERROR
I am using Version 1.0.10618.0 and get the following error.Type 'AjaxControlToolkit.MaskedEditExtender' does not have a public property named 'MaximumValueMessage'. Why does the exmple show this option in the samples and not note it is not found in version 1.010618.0 for .NET 2.0?    "From my point of view, the Jedi are evil!" The samples only show what is available in the latest release. If you upgrade, it should work.  Nice avatar by the way! MCPD - Web Developer Thanks, I wish we could upgrade we are on VS2005 and .NET 2.0. "From my poi...

Tab problem in 2.0.0.3 (clivkng on tab doesn't work) must use Ctrl-T #2
Hello all, I recently upgraded to 2.0.0.3 on WinXP with all the latest patches and I have a really annoying problem. After firefox starts and all the default tabs have loaded I can switch tabs by clickiing for a couple of minutes. But after that clicking stops working and only ctrl-t will change tabs. This ALSO happens in Tools->Options. To I can't switch between the tabs in there by clickiing either. I have to click on the current tab so that it gets the dotted border arround the tab name and THEN I can ctrl-t to go to the next tab. Best regards, Andrei Lenkei Andr...

NET Framework 2.0 and NET Framework 1.1
Can framework 2.0 and framework 1.1 be installed and used on the same PC at same time? can asp.net 1.1 and asp.net 2.0 running site by site together? Thanks. Hi,yes they can. At my current machine I have these installed .NET 1.0, 1.1 and 2.0 without any problems.Grz, Kris.Read my blog. Handy Firefox plugins for web developers.Workaround for non working Mark as answer buttons. after creating a website don't forget to check that this website uses which version of .net (go to website properties--> ASP .NET in IIS)feed the creative machine...

Does Visual Studio .NET 2003 (version 7.1.3088) & NET Framework 1.1 support AJAX ?
Dear friend, 1. Does Visual Studio .NET 2003 (version 7.1.3088) & NET Framework 1.1 support AJAX ? 2.  i don't know if i can implement AJAX for my case below ? pls advise... i have built a windows application to connect to a card reader DLL,   but right now i have to build it for web application..and it's a real challenge since i have blank idea...   i also write the source code for the windows application below , for analysis...   the case is like these : --------------------------1. we have a card reader (usb port connection)...   2. we must connect this reader to client computer (there are some clients in different cities)....we think to use internet connection...and it means we have to use web application (ASP .NET and javascript and webserver.)   3. reader's function is to read and write from a card, whereas the card's source data is from database (ASP .NET)   4. firstly, i tried to add reference in ASP .NET web application to the reader's DLL, but it can not make a live event trigger/connection to the clients since the DLL is installed in the web server...   5. then i think of other solution : client side programming..and i install the reader's DLL in client computer...so reader can interact lively...   6. but i don't know how to use DLL event, trigger in client side programming...should we use JavaScript or AJAX ?   the DLL has event that is listening to the USB port all the time to check if ...

SQL query that works in SQL Server Management Studio, but doesn't on .NET 2.0 page
SELECT favorites.FID, favorites.filename, favorites.username, files.status, files.private, files.views, files.title FROM favorites INNER JOIN files ON favorites.filename = files.filename WHERE (favorites.username = @username) AND (files.status IS NULL) AND (files.private = @private)@private is manually set to 'no'@username is set to profile.usernamewhen I run the above query in microsoft sql server mgmt studio express on the database, it presents all the information i'm asking for very easily. however when i try to implement this query on a aspx .net2.0 page with teh sqldatasourc...

AJAX 1.0 for .NET 2.0 Question
Hello, I'm trying to utilize the AJAX Extensions 1.0 for a .NET 2.0 web application. I have manually added the registrations for assemblies and httphandlers, etc. to the web.config file. When I add a ScriptManager to the Web Form and try running it, I get the following runtime error: The base class includes the field 'ScriptManager1', but its type (System.Web.UI.ScriptManager) is not compatible with the type of control (System.Web.UI.ScriptManager). I'm running Windows XP Pro. Using VS2008 (Prism). I do have the 3.5 Framework installed. Both System.Web...

Why Visual Studio 2005 ask me to convert a solution already got converted Somebody did the conversion of a solution from .net 1.1 to .net 2.0 by using the automatic conversion wizard of Visual Stu
Why Visual Studio 2005 ask me to convert a solution already got converted Somebody did the conversion of a solution from .net 1.1 to .net 2.0 by using the automatic conversion wizard of Visual Studio 2005. Then, he changed to another company. Now, I take over his job. Unfortunately, when I attempted to open that solution, Visual Studio 2005 prompted me the conversion wizard again to forced me to perform a conversion on the solution. Does someone know why?--Harish Patel www.MicrosoftSQLandASP.netpatelharish@gmail.com Hi, How many projects are in the solution, does it have UNLOADED projects in this solution? If yes, Conversion Wizard might tries to convert them each time. You also can create new solution from Visual Studio 2005, and add the project to this new one.  For more information, see http://webproject.scottgu.com/CSharp/Migration/Migration.aspx   I look forward to hearing from you. Thomas SunMicrosoft Online Community SupportPlease remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. Let me try that and let you know. I guess there are not project unloaded. But event then also let me try seeing the files if there is any hidden project. thanks --Harish Patel www.MicrosoftSQLandASP.netpatelharish@gmail.com...

AJAX Beta 2

Run application (with Framework .net 1.1) in Framework .net 2.0
Dear All Is it possible to make the application built in Framework .net 1.1 to run in Framework .net 2.0 or to install it in Framework .net 2.0 without modifying its codes? I was told that it will not be compatible, but I tried to run it in .net 2.0 and it can be run successfully. But I have not fully tested it. But if I open it in VS2005, it will give me a lot of errors and warning. So I wonder can I just run it in .net 2.0 without touching its code. By the way, I found that there are v1.0.3705 and v2.0.50727 in my C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework. I have already uninstall ...

.Net 1.1 with .Net 2.0 virtual directory using AJAX "Sys undefined"
I'm having an issue running an AJAX app I built, I think I might know what the problem might be, but if so, I am not sure how to fix it. The main site is built with 1.1 and new application is 2.0.  I have the new application configured properly (as far as I can tell) in its own app pool, etc..  The app runs just fine (I have other 2.0 apps that run along side the main 1.1), but I am getting an error: "Sys undefined...."  I've checked to enusre the mappings for the .axd extension for this particular VD are pointing to the correct place as ...

Automated cleanup tool to remove the .NET Framework 1.0, 1.1, 2.0, 3.0 and 3.5
"I have posted an updated version of the .NET Framework cleanup tool that now contains support for automatically cleaning up the .NET Framework 1.0, the .NET Framework 1.1, the .NET Framework 2.0, the ..NET Framework 3.0 and the .NET Framework 3.5. This tool automates the manual cleanup steps for the .NET Framework 2.0 that I posted a while ago. These steps have helped solve most of the known .NET Framework 2.0 beta uninstall issues that I know of. In addition, the tool can be useful to return your system to a known (relatively clean) state in case you run into any .NET Framew...

Tab problem in 2.0.0.3 (clivkng on tab doesn't work) must use Ctrl-T
Hello all, I recently upgraded to 2.0.0.3 on WinXP with all the latest patches and I have a really annoying problem. After firefox starts and all the default tabs have loaded I can switch tabs by clickiing for a couple of minutes. But after that clicking stops working and only ctrl-t will change tabs. This ALSO happens in Tools->Options. To I can't switch between the tabs in there by clickiing either. I have to click on the current tab so that it gets the dotted border arround the tab name and THEN I can ctrl-t to go to the next tab. Best regards, Andrei Lenkei ...

Web resources about - problem with Visual Studio 2008, Net Framework 2.0 and AJAX 1.0 doesn't work! - asp.net.ajax-ui