Parser Error Message: Could not load file or assembly 'AjaxControlToolkit' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

Hi,

I am using ASP.Net 2.0 with AJAX Extensions 1.0. And one of my aspx was using 2 of the ajaxtoolkit namely the ModalPopupExtender and RoundedCornersExtender. But why is it that when I will access the page from the web server the error below will display on the page. It's really frustrating because there's no problem when running locally in my machine thru Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition.

I hope you could help me figuring the problem.

Thanks

Error message:

Server Error in '/' Application.

Parser Error

Description: An error occurred during the parsing of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific parse error details and modify your source file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: Could not load file or assembly 'AjaxControlToolkit' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

Source Error:

Line 1:  <%@ Page Language="VB" AutoEventWireup="false" CodeFile="test.aspx.vb" Inherits="test" %>
Line 2:  <%@ Register Assembly="AjaxControlToolkit" Namespace="AjaxControlToolkit" TagPrefix="cc1" %>
Line 3:
Line 4:  <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">

Source File: /pfadmin/test.aspx    Line: 2

Assembly Load Trace: The following information can be helpful to determine why the assembly 'AjaxControlToolkit' could not be loaded.

WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.
To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.
Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.
To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.42; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.210

-1
hifiger2004

You need to deploy the AjaxControlTookit (DLL) to the server (in your bin directory or in the GAC).

-Damien

Visoft, Inc - Home | Blogs

Latest Blog Post: SQL 2008 x64 and VS2008 SP1
-1
dwhite
8/30/2007 12:13:38 PM

Hi hifiger2004,

You can just include the AjaxControlToolkit.dll into the BIN folder of your website/webapplication. There is no need to deploy it to the GAC. (Maybe you don't have the right to do that.)

Also check if some plain ajax functionallity works on the webserver!!! For example: A simple updatePanel holding a datetime.now, and a button to trigger it. Note that the ajax functionality must work in order to use the AjaxControl Toolkit.

Please let me know how it worked out!
Kind regards,
Wim

deblendewim
8/30/2007 12:25:43 PM

You have to include the AjaxControlToolkit.dll into the bin folder of your webapplication

Let me know if this helpful to you

Chetan Sarode
Software Engineer,
Approva Systems Pvt Ltd,
Pune, India.
0
chetan
8/31/2007 3:48:22 AM

Hi

I seem to keep seeing post suggesting to add the file to the bin directory of the web application or server.

I am using .NET 2.0 with VS2005 and I cannot find a single directory named 'bin' under my web application directory structure.

I tried creating one, a bin dir through the VS2005 interface and adding the suggested dll file as a reference. It didn't work.

Tried creating Application_Assemblies folder in VS2005 and adding reference in it. Didn't work.

 Tried installing GAC using gacutil /i ........dll. It seemed to have installed ok but didn't work.

All I am trying to do is use CalenderExtender control of the ASP.NET AJAX Extension Tool Kit for ASP.NET 2.0 but all seem going wrong.

Can anyone help me?

Thnx

0
Pye

Parser Error: Could not load file or assembly 'AjaxControlToolkit' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
Firstly, I did read many post reagrding this error in the forum and on google.  Yet, I could not find one that matched my particualr situation. I am getting the error: Parser Error: Could not load file or assembly 'AjaxControlToolkit' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified. I am using version 1 of the Ajax Extensions with VS 2005.  The website project works perfectly on my local machine.  However, after uploading it to my shared hosting account (Webhost4life).  I get the error above.  The hosting claims they have AJAX installe...

Parser Error: Could not load file or assembly 'AjaxControlToolkit' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
I am getting an error and I opened a post in the wrong area.  It seems more fitting here. http://forums.asp.net/t/1269455.aspx Firstly, I did read many post reagrding this error in the forum and on google.  Yet, I could not find one that matched my particualr situation. I am getting the error: Parser Error: Could not load file or assembly 'AjaxControlToolkit' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified. I am using version 1 of the Ajax Extensions with VS 2005.  The website project works perfectly on my local machine.  However, after u...

Parser Error Message: Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.Web.Atlas' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
hi all,I have a not so nice error that I can't solve. I use asp .net 2.0 and Atlas. The site works in dev but not on my server... I hope someone can help me out. RegardsStijnParser Error Description: An error occurred during the parsing of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific parse error details and modify your source file appropriately. Parser Error Message: Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.Web.Atlas' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.Source Error: Line 1: <...

IIS + .NET 3.5 Could not load file or assembly 'AjaxControlToolkit' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
 Ok folks I need some help here. I have MS Server 2003 with IIS installed. Frameworks 2.0, 3.0 & 3.5 installed. The server has VS 2008 Web Developer installed because I am developing on it remotely. When I run the web site from inside VS everything is fine. I created a new website in IIS (named Intranet) and set it to run on Framework 2.0 and set the path to the root folder of the site (D:\Intranet). I also confirmed that VS was building for framework 3.5. When I open Internet Explorer on the server and go to http://localhost/Intranet I get the following error: "Could not ...

Could not load file or assembly 'AjaxControlToolkit' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
Hi, I am using Visual Studio 2008.  I have installed AJAX and have the ajaxToolkit.dll within my bin folder.  I am able to drag all the AJAX items into my page. I am launching my Visual Studio application through a URL which is hosted on a web server.  My web.config file is not within the solution but within the root of the folder. I get the following error: Parser Error Description: An error occurred during the parsing of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific parse error details and modify your source file appropriately. Parser ...

Could not load file or assembly 'AjaxControlToolkit' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified
Hi,How do you install the ajax control toolkit on a computer that does not have visual studio or visual web developer installed?It is running asp.net and the ajax extensions appear to be installed correctly too. I have tested pages on my local machine, which has the toolkit installed properly (and has visual web developer installed too). However when I try looking at the pages on the server, I get this error"Could not load file or assembly 'AjaxControlToolkit' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified"Do I need to register the assembly? How do I ...

Could not load file or assembly 'AjaxControlToolkit' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
Ive just started to transfer the website to the server and i keep getting this error "Could not load file or assembly 'AjaxControlToolkit' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified." It works fine in VS, and the AjaxControlToolkit.dll is in the bin directory.  Ive added the assembly reference to the config:<controls> <add tagPrefix="AtlasControl" namespace="AjaxControlToolkit" assembly="AjaxControlToolkit" /></controls> Any suggestions?      I'd guess that maybe the web server doesn't have ASP.NET A...

Could not load file or assembly 'AjaxControlToolkit' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified. #2
 hii am new to asp.net and asp.net  AjaxControls, pls help this error below. Server Error in '/' Application. Parser Error Description: An error occurred during the parsing of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific parse error details and modify your source file appropriately. Parser Error Message: Could not load file or assembly 'AjaxControlToolkit' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.Source Error: [No relevant source lines]Source File: none    Line: 0 Asse...

Could not load file or assembly 'AjaxControlToolkit' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified #2
"Could not load file or assembly 'AjaxControlToolkit' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified"Here's the source code that's causing the error: Line 1: <%@ Page Language="VB" %> Line 2: <%@ Import Namespace="System.Net.Mail" %> Line 3: <%@ Register Assembly="AjaxControlToolkit" Namespace="AjaxControlToolkit" TagPrefix="ajaxToolkit" %> Okay, I have the dll's loaded and everything and I keep getting this error. I am trying to use the ValidatorCalloutExtender of the Beta. Any ideas?John WootonInspireMedia http://www.inspiremediablog.co...

Could not load file or assembly 'ASPNetVideo.NET2.AJAX' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
I have used AspNetVideo for window media player control that displays in the toolbox. I did everything that i wanted to and it's working fine in my local computer. The problem is it is not working online server. When I browse the particular file where media player is added it displays the result as; ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++  Parser Error Description: An error occurred during the parsing of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific parse error de...

Error 1 Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.Web.Preview' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
Trying to run the samples and this is the error I get.  After looking around I see others have gotten this error but with the beta versions.  My install is not a beta release and I have not had any of the betas installed.  Any ideas? I would look to your web config file or possibly your machine config file.   Im betting you somehow got some old beta settings in it.  possibly do a search for Microsoft.Web.Preview in your entire solution. AjaxButter The other thing i just noticed is you said you were running the samples. Im betting your usin...

Could not load file or assembly 'FredCK.FCKeditorV2' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified
i have developed an asp.net application.. in that im using FCKEditor to edit contents on my website dynamically.. i have added reference (.dll) file to the bin directory in my web application. it works fine in my local machine.. The Editor is diaplaying and i can able to modify my content. But in server its showing the following error.. Could not load file or assembly 'FredCK.FCKeditorV2' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified. <%@ Page Language="C#" MasterPageFile="admin.master" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeFile="cm...

Could not load file or assembly 'System.Core, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified
 Hi, I am using Jasper.. I downloaded JASPER and the sample code from http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=471BB3AC-B31A-49CD-A567-F2E286715C8F&displaylang=en but when  i try to run Samples.. I get the error :  Could not load file or assembly 'System.Core, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified i can find only System,Core under 3.5 version. I tried running the project from VS2005 and from VS2008.. still the problem persists....

Could not load file or assembly 'System.Core, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
Hi, I am using VS2008 and .net 3.5, #. i m trying to access default.aspx in the browser and it shows the error as "Could not load file or assembly 'System.Core, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified."   Also when i use any of the Ajaxcontrol toolkit tools, i m getting the these kind of errors. I hav copied the ajaxcontroltoolkit.dll and .pdb in the bin folder. but i m getting the same error. Please help me.  I will  be grateful if anyone can send me the co...

Web resources about - Parser Error Message: Could not load file or assembly 'AjaxControlToolkit' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified. - asp.net.ajax-ui