Iterating gridview control with javascript to get label values

I have a gridview control I need to iterate through to get some names from each row. Here is my HTML code as well as the names I need to get.

                                <input type="image" name="ctl00$ContentPlaceHolder1$gvAssistants$ctl02$gvaDelete" id="ctl00_ContentPlaceHolder1_gvAssistants_ctl02_gvaDelete" src="Images/icon-delete.gif" onclick="return confirm_delete();" style="border-width:0px;" />
                                <input type="image" name="ctl00$ContentPlaceHolder1$gvAssistants$ctl03$gvaDelete" id="ctl00_ContentPlaceHolder1_gvAssistants_ctl03_gvaDelete" src="Images/icon-delete.gif" onclick="return confirm_delete();" style="border-width:0px;" />
                                <input type="image" name="ctl00$ContentPlaceHolder1$gvAssistants$ctl04$gvaDelete" id="ctl00_ContentPlaceHolder1_gvAssistants_ctl04_gvaDelete" src="Images/icon-delete.gif" onclick="return confirm_delete();" style="border-width:0px;" />

I want to build the names into a string. Ill format it myself later. I was able to successfully iterate through a listbox control, but for some reason I cant get the gridview values.

My javascript function is at least running and returning that I am getting the gridview control object. I just need to iterate through the gridview and get the names: Doe1, John1    Doe2, John2   Doe3, John3

Function names() {

var myString = "";

var e = document.getElementById("ctl00_ContentPlaceHolder1_gvAssistants");

alert(e);

}

The Alert output = [object]

0
bertino12

dwhite
9/14/2007 3:50:35 PM

Hey thanks. Thats a great link and just what I was looking for.

0
bertino12

how to get label control value in javascript.
 Hi I need to get the label Text when the User clicks the browser close button.function fnPassValues() {     if((window.event.clientX < 0) || (window.event.clientY < 0))     {        var temp = document.getElementById("<%=lblValue.ClientID%>").innerText;        alert(temp);     } }If i set the value like this, its working correctly. <asp:Label ID="lblValue" Text="3" Height="20px" runat="server" CssClass=&quo...

how to set get label control value in javascript.
How Can I get the label control let say Label1 text value in my javascript code.Kamran ShahidSr. Software Engineer(MCP,MCAD.net,MCSD.net,MCTS,MCPD.net[web])Netprosys Inc.www.netprosys.comRemember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps U Hi, you can use document.getElementById(id of the label).innerText;1 <%@ Page Language="C#" %> 2 3 <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"> 4 5 <script runat="server"> 6 7 ...

How to set get label control value in javascript. #2
document.getElementByID("Label1") .innertext by this i can get label text by i want to get label value.can anyone help? Hi What do you actually mean by label value? asp:Label doesnt support any property called value . For eg if you declare a textBox something like this :- <asp:TextBox runat="server" ID="TextBox4" Text="Hii5"></asp:TextBox> then in borowser it is rendered as <input name="TextBox4" type="text" value="Hii5" id="TextBox4" /> so here you can see that you have value at...

GridView child of GridView
I have a Parent GridView and when you click in the Edit one of the columns has a Template Field which has a Child GridView. When you click Edit on the Child GridView I have a Template Field that has a TextBox. How to I retreive this value of the TextBox? GridViewParent-- GridViewChild (Edit - Template Field containing this GridViewChild)----- TextBox inside Template Field in GridViewChild. Thank you.Peace in ChristMarco Napolihttp://www.ourlovingmother.org What you can do as a solution is to override the RowDataBound and try to find the child GridView control. Once you get a reference to...

GridView and Javascript

cant get value of label controls changed by javascript for word bookmarks
I have a form that does a few calculations with javascript and puts the result in a label control.  But when I run my asp.net button click code and I try to get the value of that label to put it into a bookmark of a word document that it generates, but it wont get the value.  I can get the value of the label and write it to the screen but when I want to write it to the bookmark it only works if I change the label to a textbox.  Also, if I put a preset text value to the label control then it will write that value to the bookmark.  Im sure it will work if I ...

Getting value from a textbox control that was filled with a value from javascript
 I have a textbox control (seen below txtMileageDollars1) that gets filled with javascript based on the number of miles a user types into another textbox (txtMileageMiles1) control.  When I post back with the submit button, the value is blank.  I've tried setting EnableViewState to false, but still cannot get a value on postback.  Does anyone have a solution?   Miles<asp:TextBox ID="txtMileageMiles1" runat="server" Width="50px"></asp:TextBox>   Total (txtMileageMiles1 * rate with javascript)<asp:TextBox...

Clicking templated controls inside <frame>/aspx/UpdatePanel/Gridview cause .net ajax javascript runtime error

Issue with getting values from child controls in a gridview, to use for the update using a SQLDataSource control
Hi all, I have a gridview bound with a SQLDataSource. I am using the Update feature of the SQLDataSource to update a SQL Server database with values entered into the gridview. However I am not getting it to work. I believe this is due to the controls that contain the user entries are not the gridview itself, but rather child controls within the gridview. I have been using the names of the actual controls but nothing happens. Upon submit, the screen returns blank, and the database is not updated. Here is some code:   <asp:GridView ID="GridEditSettlement" runat="server" AutoGenerateColumns="False" BackColor="Navy" BorderColor="IndianRed" BorderStyle="Solid" Font-Names="Verdana" Font-Size="X-Small" DataSourceID="SqlDataSource_grid" AllowPaging="True" AllowSorting="True" ForeColor="White" DataKeyNames="legid"> <Columns> <asp:CommandField ShowEditButton="True" CancelImageUrl="~/App_Graphics/quit.gif" CancelText="" EditImageUrl="~/App_Graphics/EditGrid.GIF" EditText="" UpdateImageUrl="~/App_Graphics/save.gif" UpdateText="" ButtonType="Image" /> <asp:BoundField DataField="StartDate" HeaderText="Start Date" ReadOnly="True" /> <asp:BoundField DataField="EndDate" HeaderText="End Date" ReadOnly="True" /> <asp:BoundField DataField="CounterpartDealRef" HeaderText="CP Deal Ref" ReadOnly="True" />   <asp:TemplateField HeaderText="Preliminary Settlement Price" ><ItemTemplate> <asp:Label ID=lblPreliminary runat=server ...

FileUpload control value gets clear when another control uses Ajax to retrieve data
Hello all, I have a web form.  There is a DropDownList control inside an update panel and the content is updated when a RadioButtonList control fires SelecteIndexChanged.  I also have another control, a FileUpload control.  If you select a file for the file upload control and then change the value RadionButtonList list control, the selected file in the FileUpload control disappears.How do I prevent RadioButtonList from clearing the value of the FileUpload control?Any help will greatly appreciated,  TIA,Dawa Below is the code: 1 <asp:RadioButtonList ID=&quo...

javascript and getting values from controls...
hi. i have a problem thats driving me nuts. i get some data from a dataset. then i send the data to a label, writing it out from codebehind to a number of radio buttons. then when trying to get the data and pass it to a hidden textbox nothing happends, i get an error saying more or less that my textbox is empty. now ive been at this sucker for days and i just dont know. the code has worked before, but in a page. now im trying to use it in a usercontrol and get this error. here is some code: the loop in with i write the data out form the dataset to radiobuttons: (tempset is the d...

getting the value in a label control.
Dim wordCollection As String() = Nothing If text1.Text IsNot Nothing Then wordCollection = text1.Text.Split(" "c) End IfFor i As Integer = 0 To wordCollection.Length - 1 If wordCollection(i) <> String.Empty Then Response.Write(wordCollection(i))Response.Write("<br>") End If Next   hi please how can i bind the value to a label control instead of writng it in the document. Hi, you can try this link it will be help to understand all the controls functionality http://quickstarts.asp.net/QuickStartv20/aspnet/doc/ctrlref/standard/default.aspx ...

Javascript Getting Label Value
Hi, I need help! I have a modal dialog popup that contains radio buttons for selecting save options. Buttons on the page call the modal with button related labels. I need to be able to disable some radio input buttons on the modal based upon the status of certain variables.  These values are within labels on the page. I tried to read label values from the javascript that loads the modal but the values are undefined. How can I capture label values within javascript? Values are populated on the page during a partial postback which I believe is causing the "undefined&qu...

Datagrid(.net 1.1) to GridView(.net 2.0) and using the RowUpdating event how to extract the values from the controls.
Ok  This is the settings: I use a Viewgrid with only itemtemplate colums for example. <asp:TemplateField HeaderText="Test"><ItemTemplate><asp:Label id="LBL_Test" text='<%# DataBinder.Eval(Container.DataItem, "Test1") %>' runat="server" meta:resourcekey="LBL_TestResource1"></asp:Label></font></ItemTemplate> <EditItemTemplate><asp:TextBox ID="HDN_Test" Text='<%# DataBinder.Eval(Container.DataItem, "Test1") %>' Runat="server" meta:resourcekey="HDN_TestResource1" /></EditItemTemplate></asp:TemplateField>  The ...

new to .net, need help setting db values from checkbox's then retrieving value to a label control
Hi, Being new to asp.net i know this possible i just can't quite get it right!  I need a page with 5 checkbox's that when submitted sets the bit values in DB fields to checked. Then i need another page that retrieves the records of the checkboxes, but instead of having the db pre-set checkboxes on the second page i want it to turn on label web controls depending on if the check box is set.. I hope that makes sense?!! Can anyone point me in the right direction or to a suitable tutorial? Thanks in advance Ben Excellent article here.http://www.heliosfx.com...

To get the value form label in gridview
in aspx page  <asp:GridView ID="Gridview1" runat="server" Width="586px" OnRowCreated="Gridview1_RowCreated" > <Columns>     <asp:TemplateField HeaderText="SI.No"><ItemTemplate> Consultant <%# ((GridViewRow)Container).RowIndex%>     </ItemTemplate> </asp:TemplateField> </Columns> <RowStyle CssClass="xGrid" /> <headerstyle backcolor="#869BB3" BorderColor="#CED6DD" />  </asp:GridView>   the displayed...

javascript to get the value of textbox in a gridview
hai in gridview i have textbox coloumn,i want the javascript to get the  value of text box which is in a gridview .   var value = document.getElementById('<%=ReportingDateTB.ClientID%>').value; the above code can be used to get the value of textbox,but i want the code for textbox which is in agridview   thanks in adavance   Read this article : http://forums.asp.net/p/1341011/2714309.aspxCSR~ Please Mark as Answer if it solves your query ~...

how to get gridview value as label text?
hi, I'm trying to get the text from the gridview into a label. Below is a screen shot of it what i want to come out.So when i click select i want the text to the right of that to appear in Label4. We cannot see the screen shot that you have attached. Is that text present in some control? If it is in some control just use the FindControl property for that row and get the text value and then assign it to the label.Avi    hi,try the code below int index = Convert.ToInt32(e.CommandArgument); GridViewRow row1 = dg.Rows[index]; txtPORef.Text = ((Label)row1.FindControl("IG_PO")).Text;   thanks  ...

Getting Control Values from ViewState from my GridView
I'm having trouble to get values from viewState from my gridView.  I'm having a gridView on my page and on the Load Event on postback, I want to retreive data to get the values from the sub-controls and keep the data in an internal structure.  But, on the Load Event, I cannot retreive the values on the sub-controls because they seems not re-created ?This sample of code works fine for every control except for the gridView.  Someone have an idea where the controls in the GridView are re-created and when the controls are repopulated from the viewState ? void aspnet_Load(object s...

getting values from controls in gridview rows
hi there, i am building a simple shopping cart, i have a gridview with the products in.  there is a bound field with the product id, a template field (with a table and a load of labels which are bound to the product details via an sql data source and gridviewrowdatabound) and a buttonfield which is the add to cart button. i am calling the rowcommand with the button field and need to get the product id from the boundfield and the quantity from a text box in the template field and write them to my data grid. this is the start of my code behind, the row index works perfectly, ...

javascript to get ClientId for controls in GridView
Hello Every1 I am sorry if this question has been answered asked before, i tried to search but was not able to find it. I have GridVirew and every row contains 4 textboxes and a corresponding label. Using javascript(in textbox change event) , I want to add the number in the textbox and display them in the corresponding label. So the issue is that how Javascript can identify the textbox and its corresponding label. Any clue?  Duck  ThanksDuck"Marking a Reply as 'Answered', not only GAIN us some POINTS, but it also HELP others to find RIGHT solution." Suppose ur GridView ID is grdView Then in javascript var grdView = document.GetElementById("grdView"); var textbox = grdView.getElementsByTagName('input'); for (var i=0; i< textbox.length;i++) { if (textbox[i].type == "text") { textbox[i].value = "MAK"; } }   //same for labels var label= grdView.getElementsByTagName("span"); for (var i=0; i< label.length;i++) { label[i].innerText = "MAK"; }  MAKMark as Answer if this reply helps youMVP ASP/ASP.NetASP.Net Hosting : Host DepotMy Site : ASPSnippets That won't work mudassarkhan as your code reads ALL TextBoxes in the Grid and not just the row. You'd need to handle the Grid's RowDataBound event and attach the JavaScript there. aspx file: <asp:GridView ID="GridView1" ... OnRowDataBound="GridView1_RowDataBound">...

Getting values from Javascript controls to dotnet
I am creating few controls like textboxes dynamically using javascript , now how do I get values of those controls once I submit the page in dotnet. You have to use the Request.Form collection.  Note that this collection only stores the values of the textboxes.  Example: Dim strName as String = Request.Form("txtName") Hope this helps!  Please mark the helpful post(s) as Answer.Josh Stodola ← Come check out my blog! In your page_load you can have something like this: Dim test As New TextBox test.ID = "txtTest" test.Text = "Test" M...

How to get the Value of the label from the Outer Gridview.. ?
 Hi, here i am using a nested Girview..... this is the layout of my Gridview...CategoryName1------------------------> first girview    NO Customers Click to add -------------------------------------------> Second GridViewCategoryName2------------------------> first girview    Customer 1        Customer 2 -----------------------------------------------------------------------> 3 rows in Second GridView    Customre 3CategoryName3------------------------> first girview    NO Custom...

Web resources about - Iterating gridview control with javascript to get label values - asp.net.ajax-ui

Facebook Open-Sources JavaScript Static-Type Checker Flow
The latest software to be open-sourced by Facebook is Flow , a static-type checker for JavaScript . (more…) New Career Opportunities Daily: ...

Quickstart: Facebook SDK for JavaScript
This quickstart will show you how to setup the SDK, load social plugins, trigger a dialog, and get it to make some basic Graph API calls.

Facebook App Devs Get Javascript
It has been an oft-lamented fact of the Facebook Platform thus far in its life that, in order to use all but the most simple of Javascript functionality–the ...