how i use ajax in web application without using ajaxtoolkit?

Hello, to every one

i m new in ajax, plz help meso plz tell me how i start ajax in .net without using ajaxtoolkit or dlls

Thankx in advanced

Regardz Parhiyar

The best and most important Thing in this world is to help others so that then GOD Helps u!!

So keep help Others!!!!!
0
parhiyar

you dont need the controltoolkit.... that is just a set of pre-packaged controls for usage.

You could do the exact same thing that any one of them does with just the native Asp controls and the Ajax extentions....

0
Curt_C
4/29/2008 3:58:35 PM

http://asp.net/ajax/documentation/live/

http://asp.net/ajax/documentation/live/InstallingASPNETAJAX.aspx

Chetan Sarode
Software Engineer,
Approva Systems Pvt Ltd,
Pune, India.
0
chetan
4/30/2008 4:15:19 AM

u can do in this way.

 innerhtml.html

<
html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">

<head>

<title>Using responseText with innerHTML</title>

<script type="text/javascript">

var xmlHttp;

function createXMLHttpRequest() {

if (window.ActiveXObject) {

xmlHttp = new ActiveXObject("Microsoft.XMLHTTP");

}

else if (window.XMLHttpRequest) {xmlHttp = new XMLHttpRequest();

}

}

function startRequest() {

createXMLHttpRequest();

xmlHttp.onreadystatechange = handleStateChange;

xmlHttp.open(
"GET", "innerHTML.xml", true);

xmlHttp.send(null);

}

function handleStateChange() {

if(xmlHttp.readyState == 4) {

if(xmlHttp.status == 200) {document.getElementById("results").innerHTML = xmlHttp.responseText;

}

}

}

</script>

</head>

<form action="#">

<input type="button" value="Search for Today's Activities"

onclick="startRequest();"/>

</form>

 innerhtml.xml

<tbody>

<th>Activity Name</th>

<th>Location</th>

<th>Time</th>

</tbody>

u can write in this way!
The best and most important Thing in this world is to help others so that then GOD Helps u!!

So keep help Others!!!!!
0
parhiyar

Consuming Web service from .net 3.5 web application using ajax
Hi , Before in .net 2005 ,I use to consume the  web service from client side via Ajax and java script. that's just adding web service inside the script manger services.But  it was not possible with .net 2008 version WEB APPLICATION   , Even it works well with .net 2008 web sites. Please help me to solve the issue. I have no idea what you mean. Please post the code that "does not work". NC...   I have the same problem.  I have a .NET 3.5 Web Application not Web Site.  I fully qualify the web service with the namespace i,e,  &n...

Cannot call a web service from java script using ajax in .net 3.5 web applications
As like 2005 .net websites i tried to consume a web service from client side java script  using Ajax script manager in  .net 3.5 (2008) version web application it was not working, Event it works with 3.5 web sites, What i have to do to solve the issue. Thanks in advance Hi, can you create the least amount of code to reproduce it and post it? This gives us the ability to check out your code and better guide you. Also please check out this article: Create a Simple WCF Web Service and Use In JavaScript With Visual Studio 2008 and .Net 3.5.  Grz, Kris.Read my blog. Handy Fire...

How well can Ajax and Javascript be used inside.Net application using C#?
In my experimentation with Ajax.Net I am not sure how far I can go with Ajax. NET and /or  javascript on the .NET platform. Is there anyone who had used these technologies exstensively who can tell me who well they can be used on .NET's platform? I guess what I am asking is...will using Ajax be like using ajax and or will using javascript be like using javascript when you use it on .NET's platform or will there be suttle diffrences?   thanks Allen    Ajax.net is basically just a javascript library like scriptaculous or others.  It has lo...

Using Ajax in application without doing ANY web.config changes?
I am looking at a scenario of integrating Ajax features (e.g. UpdatePanel) on some applications that are hosted in other *mothership* applications. Usually in these scenarios you don't have access to web.config, and thus you cannot add your own handlers and stuff... the best you can do is deploy the ajax dlls to bin directory (along with your dlls). Has anybody tried this scenario? Can it be done? Or maybe will it be possible in the future?    Thanks, Vladan StrigoMy website: Vladan.Strigo.NET Its not possible in the current RC version I believe you read below link http...

Configure AJAX extensions to enable AJAX controls ***WITHOUT*** using web.config file
I've inherited a legacy application that has many issues.  I'm not going to get into specifics or debates about what *should* be done; I know what *should* be done, but right now I have to <sigh> 'get 'er done'.So here's what I need to do:I need to get the AJAX controls working WITHOUT using the configuration file.  Of course things work great if I update the configuration file declaritively, but that's not option.Now with WF I can set my managers (such as adding the persistence service or adding the manual scheduler service) declaritively or in co...

Samples of using ajax without using toolkit
Hi,           I am new to asp.net. Anyone please give me some samples or examples of ajax by using callbacks without using toolkit and without database.  Please reply soon...   Thanks In Advance <asp:Label id="Time" runat="server"></asp:Label><asp:ScriptManager id="sm1" runat="server"></asp:ScriptManager> <asp:UpdatePanel>    <ContentTemplate>        <asp:Button id="Button" runat="server&q...

How do I use an ajax indicator without using and updatepanel?
Hi, I have an onclick event that calls a javascript function that calls a webservice via ajax (the webservice has the [ScriptService] attribute.) How can I have an ajax indicator without using the updatepanel.  Nothing so far has required the updatepanel.  I tried a simple visible and then hidden style, but it isn't working. Thank you for any help.  Add the indicator (an animated gif? or some text) to a div which is absolutely positioned has z-index set and also has id, like:<div id="progress" style="position: absolute; left: 100px; top: 100px; width:...

Can you use Ajax with Web Applications?
I have tried to include Ajax in a web application.  When I run it now I get an error: Unable to start debugging on the  server. The web server is not configured correctly. Etc I have either messed up the web.config file in some way or ajax can only be used with web projects? I hope not. Regards, Graham I use it just fine with WAP.Do you know the truth when you hear it? Can you post a webconfig and a reference list so that I can compare? Thanks for the help. netdocs  When you download Ajax you would have also been given a samplr project, check out the web.config o...

use httpHandler of AJAX in web application
Hey all,I want to implement AJAX in my current running web application.I am going to use .<httpHandlers>          <remove verb="*" path="*.asmx"/>          <add verb="*" path="*.asmx" validate="false" type="System.Web.Script.Services.ScriptHandlerFactory, System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35"/>          <add verb="GET,H...

Microsoft AJAX Application Works On LocalHost But Not Web Host
I recently made some changes to a example site: http://www.countrycodelist.com. The site functions correctly on my computer but when I upload it to a remotee server it does not.  I have tested it in both medium and full trust and it still does not work on a remote host. The URL of the page that I want to become the primary page is here: http://www.countrycodelist.com/Default_Test.aspx  The code for the web service calls and bridge is almost entirely based on the example here: http://www.asp.net/learn/videos/view.aspx?tabid=63&id=66.  It works on my personal computer fi...

How to develop a website without using update panels using ajax . .
hi all,   How to develop a website without using update panels using ajax . . .since i m using many update panels in a single page it loads slowly.... Ashok Hi You can use asp.net ajax web service approach to develop your website which will give far more better performance compared to update panels . And In order to get the best out of web service approach you can use DotNetSlackers ajaxdataControls(ADC) like gridview , datalist etc which enables you to do alomst everything on client side using javascript . With this you can dramatically increase the overall perf...

Use Ajax Control Toolkit without .NET?
Hello,  I couldn't find any (good) documentation about the Ajax Control Toolkit and would like to know if it can also be used independently of the .Net framework, e.g. with php or java on the server.  thanks, luke Hey, No, it requires the ASP.NET AJAX extensions, which has to use .NET.  You may be able to find a port for Mono; don't know anything about that.  Brian"Trust in the Lord and do what is good; dwell in the land and live securely. Take delight in the Lord, and He will give you your heart's desires" (Psalm 37: 3-4)....

call webservice using javascript without using AJAX and webservice.htc?
HI,how can i call a webservice without using AJAX and Webservice.htc, using any protocols?Thanks.X you could skip using an AJAX framework and issue an xmlHttpRequest directlyhttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/XMLHttpRequestMike Banavige~~~~~~~~~~~~Need a site code sample in a different language? Try converting it with: http://converter.telerik.com/ Hi, thanks mbanavige.well, is there any disadvantage of using xmlhttprequest?and one more question can AJAX also work on other web servers than IIS like Apache? and is AJAX compatible with all browsers other than IE?how can i call a web servi...

Web resources about - how i use ajax in web application without using ajaxtoolkit? - asp.net.ajax-ui

Tag Synonyms - Stack Overflow

DotNetDictionary - .Net knowledge sharing
... Up Down: Recently one of my friends asked me about the Numeric Up Down requirement. Like we all know, I gave him suggestion to use the AjaxToolKit ...