Drag and Drop Images

Hello.

I'm trying to produce the following functionality: I have a big image and I want to drag a smaller image over it. I want to be able to get the coordinates of the smaller images and sent it back to the server. Can anybody help me?

Thanks.

0
cristi

Sure.  It's functionality in the Futures release, and there's a great article on it at codeproject:

 http://www.codeproject.com/Ajax/AtlasDragNDrop.asp

 As for sendign the info to the server, consider using the webservice hookups (scriptservice) that are in the online docs.

0
paul

Would prefer if drag'n'drop in OS X dropped the image; now drops image URI
Name: Gary Product: Firefox Summary: Would prefer if drag'n'drop in OS X dropped the image; now drops image URI Comments: (Mac OS X only) The summary says most of it. When dragging and dropping an image from, for example, Safari to an RTF document in TextEdit, the dragged image is dropped into the document. When doing the same with Firefox, the image URL is dropped instead. I read somewhere that this behavior would be changed in Firefox 1.5 - I just tried it out with Firefox 1.5 RC3, and it hadn't changed. I'm not sure how people generally want this to be...

Ajax Reorder List: drag and drop an image
Hi i watch the reorder video and i did a drag and drop list. It works good but not exactly as i want. I will update the database  with new order according to this page: http://www.codeproject.com/KB/ajax/RealtimeReorderList.aspx There are two more problems now I only want to show image in item template (the image doesnt appear now) and i want to drag the image not any other think. In the video's exaple there is a division at the begining of the list and you drag that thing. But i dont want to use it. I want to let my users drag and drop the images   here is my reorder co...

.NET AJAX Drag-and-Drop ordered list
Does anyone have a good async example or tips on how to make this work? I can't find any. Hi,I suggest you write it by yourself.Maybe you can start at http://www.asp.net/AJAX/AjaxControlToolkit/Samples/DragPanel/DragPanel.aspxBest Regards, Sincerely,Jin-Yu YinMicrosoft Online Community Support...

Drag and drop between two list boxes in AJAX.net
 Is it possible to have a drag and drop between two list boxes?? If so, can someone point me to a good example?2 wrongs don't make a right - but three lefts do This is close: http://aspalliance.com/1300_Custom_Client_Side_Drag_and_Drop_Behavior_in_ASPNET_AJAX.4.  You should be able to fit the concept into a ListBox.  In the end you are still going to need to move another element such as a DIV to show the drag action from one box to the other. -DamienVisoft, Inc - Home | Blogs Latest Blog Post: SQL 2008 x64 and VS2008 SP1  Thanks - I will check that out.  I w...

Drag and Drop using VS.NET 2008 AJAX
 I am creating form designer editor something like .NET. I want to drag and drop controls from the tool box to the editor and any whare in editor also. And controls are generating dynamically. For this I am using VS.NET 2008 AJAX. 1. Is it possible that I will not use any javascript, these whole things will do by AJAX itself because we want some server side events also.2. If it is possible then how will I save this whole form and how will I open again in edit mode.If you are satisfied with this answer, Please click on "Mark As Answer" button.  I am waiting for reply If ...

Drag and Drop images onto other images
Hi -   I'm not sure if anyone has seen the play room on the Wonderful Graffiti site (http://secure.wonderfulgraffiti.com/playRoom/flash/playRoom.php), but it does some cool stuff with being able to move decor around a room, paint walls, etc.  Can that kind of functionality be done using ASP.net/AJAX?  If so, any hints as to where to look to find out more?  Or even a consulting agency that could help with that kind of development?  (Or even what "that kind of development" should properly be called!)  Obviously I'm quite ignorant at this... ...

Drag and drop images on a image control
Hi,  I am developing a photo editor site. My customer has a requirment like, there should an option to drag a picture and drop on the photo editor image place hodler, the drag and drop option should be there for physical file from windows explorer and from the photo album created in the site. How to do drag and drop of a picture on a web form?...

Drag and Drop Suggestion
Hi,  I have a grid (upgraded from 1.0 - .net 2.0 recently).  I want to grab a row and drag it to a separate box above it so that i can be seen as the master row.  I know I could just have a check box and then highlight it but I really want to integrate the drag/drop using AJAX.    Basically I'm trying to drag a record from one box to the other.  Can anyone offer any suggestions?   PS.  Please keep in mind I'm doing this in asp.net (VB)  thx much,seed Hi, You can make use of AjaxControlToolKit RecorderList control to achiev...

Using AJAX Drag Panel for Drag Drop
 Hi Guys,Need some help regarding ASP.net Ajax control toolkit DragPanel. Is there any way that i can accomplish drag and drop. The scene goes like thisI have to create new controls by dragging and dropping.There is a left  panel from where i pick a control  lets just say an HTMLInputTextThen i drop it on left panelOn Dropping, it should create a new control in panel and add it to panel like OnDropIntoPanel = {new ObjHtmlInputText ; LeftPanel.Controls.Add(ObjHtmlInputText). The Ondrop will fire a server side subroutine that will return me an object oh Html that will be added t...

drag and drop images
Sir, I am developing a online photoshop website. In this site i am displaying images of client like below link . http://www.dhtmlgoodies.com/scripts/image-slideshow-5/image-slideshow-5.html If any of the photos wants to him, then he can drag the images from display and drop into container. Here container is a collection of dragged images. this is the functionality. How it is possible... Can any one help please. Help full  Examples  http://www.dhtmlgoodies.com/scripts/drag-drop-custom/demo-drag-drop-1.html  )Shivakmar Dagam You may be intere...

drag and drop image
Visual Basic 2005 Express Edition: I need to drag and drop an image from one PictureBox to another PictureBox where: 1) the image is visible while being dragged2) the image can be dropped at any location within the target PictureBox3) the image can be rotated within the target PictureBox As you are creating a Windows Forms application, and not an ASP.NET application, you will need to ask your questions on the MSDN Forums. Alister...

Drag and Drop images
Name: Tim Sykes Email: thedotartdepartmentatvirgindotnet Product: Firefox Summary: Drag and Drop images Comments: Hi, Only just updated to Firefox 3.0.1. on Mac OSX 10.4.11 With the old Firefox i could drag images off websites and place them into piles on my desktop where my cursor was hovering and when released would rop image at that point. Now with the updated it does not drop images where I would like them, It seperates them out into individual images so I have to then create piles of images as a second step. I buy props for films and need to drag images off sites, keep...

ajax drag and drop
hi guys,im trying to build a shopping cart for a pandora jewerly store. im wondering if anyone can help me out with the drag and drop feature of ajax to build a pandora necklace,where you drag items and u put it on the necklace.thank you in advance.  See the link http://www.codeproject.com/Ajax/AtlasDragNDrop.aspChetan SarodeSoftware Engineer,Approva Systems Pvt Ltd,Pune, India....

Ajax Drag/Drop
I have a UI where I need to drag an element from one TreeView to another. Is there any way to do this with the standard asp.net ajax TreeView control?John HogeSeaEagle.com Inflatable Boats Here is your solution http://www.dhtmlgoodies.com/scripts/drag-drop-folder-tree/drag-drop-folder-tree.html If this solves your problem, mark it as answer So it will help for othersChetan SarodeSoftware Engineer,Approva Systems Pvt Ltd,Pune, India. That's a very cool script. I'm a bit spoiled by server side controls, and it sure would be nice to have a server based object model for this tree...

Web resources about - Drag and Drop Images - asp.net.ajax-ui

Twist Image
At Twist Image, we connect brands to people and people to brands. Let us show you what we mean.

Wikipedia:Manual of Style/Images - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Wikipedia contains millions of illustrative images and other electronic media . This page gives a very brief overview of how images are used ...

First look: Natalie Portman is the spitting image of Jackie Kennedy
Natalie Portman channels Jackie Kennedy to striking effect in a recently released first-look image from a biopic currently shooting in Paris. ...

ImBatch adds more 'image to PDF' power
High Motion Software has shipped ImBatch 4.5.0 , the latest edition of its free-for-personal-use image batch processor. This release is mainly ...

The Ultimate Social Media Image Size Guide 2016
... niche, you know that it is imperative to keep up with the trends. You need to know best practices, effective strategies, and details like image ...

Sublime new NASA Earthrise image shows rare view from the moon
Imagine standing on the surface of the moon and seeing a brilliant blue Earth move into view. Now enjoy a NASA picture of exactly that happening. ...

Bionic Eye Sends Images Directly to the Brain
A groundbreaking new technique will help to restore vision without an actual eye.

ESA makes an easy-to-view archive of new Rosetta comet images
The Rosetta probe has finally beamed back the photos (among other data) it took of 67P/Churyumov–Gerasimenko, as it flew within just 19 ...

The Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter snapped this amazing image of Earth from the moon’s orbit
... around the moon just like it says on the tin and its LROC three-camera system just delivered some of the most amazing high-resolution images ...

What Makes An Image Memorable? This MIT AI Might Hold The Key
MemNet is a neural network run by MIT that can accurately predict how memorable an image is to humans. Not sure why some photographs just brand ...