Content controls are allowed only in content page that references a master page.

Hi

I'm getting the above error with my application.

Basically I had a master file and then some page files referencing the master file.

In the page files I had some ajax controls so had :

<asp:Content ID="Content1" ContentPlaceHolderID="ContentPlaceHolder1" Runat="Server">
<atlas:ScriptManager ID="ScriptManager1" runat="server">
</atlas:ScriptManager>

in them.

but when I try adding an ajax control to the master file and putting the above code in, it shows the error message

why would this be?

thanks!

0
Jamie1985

Make sure you have proper reference to atlast ajax control. Check in top of page wether you have register directive, if not you need to add one.
Robin Kedia
www.aplusmonitoring.com
(Advanced Website Monitoring & Alerting Service
Add to Google
0
worldclasscoders
5/28/2008 1:19:50 PM
Make sure you have proper reference to atlas ajax control. Check in top of page wether you have register directive, if not you need to add one.
Robin Kedia
www.aplusmonitoring.com
(Advanced Website Monitoring & Alerting Service
Add to Google
0
worldclasscoders
5/28/2008 1:19:54 PM

Hi

OK im getting another error message now:

Microsoft JScript runtime error: Object doesn't support this property or method

why would this be?

thanks!

0
Jamie1985
5/28/2008 1:23:00 PM

 sorted it, I needed to change a setting in the web.config file

0
Jamie1985

error: Content controls are allowed only in content page that references a master page.
 I have a website that uses a masterpage. most of my users have no problem; but few get the error bellow. I was never able to duplicate the error.   ex.message: Content controls are allowed only in content page that references a master page.Stack trace:    at System.Web.UI.MasterPage.CreateMaster(TemplateControl owner, HttpContext context, VirtualPath masterPageFile, IDictionary contentTemplateCollection)   at System.Web.UI.Page.get_Master()   at System.Web.UI.Page.ApplyMasterPage()   at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean in...

Error:Content controls are allowed only in content page that references a master page?!!
 Hello All I have a web application, it is working well in localost without any error but when I upload it to the host it show me the error below:Any suggestion? I have not seen this error beforePlease any helpRegards, Server Error in '/' Application. Content controls are allowed only in content page that references a master page. Description: Anunhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current webrequest. Please review the stack trace for more information about theerror and where it originated in the code. Ex...

Problem to use TreeView Control in a 'content page' This Error Occur "Only Content controls are allowed directly in a content page that contains Content controls."
hi I am trying to use the TreeView Control inside the content page (Page that has a master page is a content page). On compiling the project I got the following ASP.Net runtime error: "Only Content controls are allowed directly in a content page that contains Content controls."B@b@R J Issue resolved. I was putting script tag in the content page that is not allowed. when remove the script from content page problem is resolved.B@b@R J...

Show content in both Master Page ContentPlaceholder AND Content Page Content control
I note that by default or rendering rules, when you add content/controls to the Content Page ASP:Content control matched to a Master Page ContentPlaceholder, any content/controls in the matching Master Page ContentPlaceholder is not displayed. Is there a setting that can be made to merge or show both content/controls in the Master Page ContentPlaceholder and content/controls in the matching Content Page Content control? Thanks         Don't think so. If you specify a content control in your page then whatever is in there displays and anything in the...

Only Content controls are allowed directly in a content page that contains Content controls.
 Hi all,I am using gridview to display data add i am using checkbox so that when a person  chech  the box it display information regarding that.At local server its run fine but when i upload this on website it gives following exception.Offending URL: http://www.vcsmindia.com/studentRegistrationDetails.aspxSource: System.WebMessage: Exception of type 'System.Web.HttpUnhandledException' was thrown.Stack trace: at System.Web.UI.Page.HandleError(Exception e) at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPo...

Only Content controls are allowed directly in a content page that contains Content controls.
Hi Friends, I created one Master Page.In this I created one Default.aspx .Here I added Content Place Holder,here I am doign the program which is realted to Regisration  Form. I wrote the javascript in source code of content place holder.But its not supporting the java script and its showing the errors in the script(it is in bold in the following source code)I wrote the code like following<%@ Page Language="C#" MasterPageFile="~/MasterPage.master" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeFile="Default.aspx.cs" Inherits="_Default" Title=&qu...

Only Content controls are allowed directly in a content page that contains Content controls.
Hello I got this error message whenever I place this script below on my inline code: this.RegisterClientScriptBlock("keyClientBlock", "<script>alert ('Javascript block of code executed')</script>");             Please advice.Thanks  Try this: this.ClientScript.RegisterClientScriptBlock(this.GetType(), "key", "script");HTH   My Blog Thanks for the reply but doesn't work for me :(I tried placing the script on string variable before...

convertion from page to content page or from user control to content page
Hi, I have converted an asp.net 1.1 application to 2.0.  Now what I am looking for some enhancement.  I added a master page and now I want to add other pages as content pages. but those pages which I am converting into content have some user control. Now either I can convert those user control to content pages ( which i want to look for if it is possible),  Or I am thinking i shouldn't convert those user control to content pages cause they might be just good. So looking for some of those people opinion who have worked through this so can I get opinion here please.thanks&nb...

Only Content controls are allowed directly in a content page that contains Content controls. #2
Hi, Trying to add:  Response.Write("<script language='javascript'>window.open('PO_export.asp?C=" + sql + "'); </script>") Getting error (in subject).  Anyone help? Thanks, Mark Why don't you try to add the javascript in the head section of the page.Bind GridView to Dynamically created DataTable | Bind DataTable to DropDownListMy Blog Hi Mark, Based on your description, the issue is error message appears when you add JavaScript code to the content page. After reviewing your code, I find nothing wrong with it. I...

Using an Update Panel in a Content page of Master.page/content.page scenario
When I place an Update Panel inside a content page of a Masterpage I get the following error: Element 'UpdatePanel' is not a known element. This can occur if there is a compilation error in the Web site.  Is the Update Panel suppose to work with a content page, etc.?  Can't seem to find any Docs that talk about where the Update Panel is allowed. Warren     Well, don't you know it.  Right after I put out the original post, I then downloaded the latest release of the ajax extensions and it looks like they have fixed the problem with the update panel not working ...

CSS not accessable from content page when Master Page and Content Pages are in different folder.
I can't seem to find a solution to this problem.  I have a master page and content pages and a CSS file all in the root folder.  I have created a sub folder called News and have added a content page that references the master page in the root directory with the following: MasterPageFile="~/Default.master". The issue is that the page in the News folder is not picking up the CSS styles from the master page.  Has anybody else ran into a problem like this and was able to find a solution? Any help would be greatly appreciated? Thanks, Neeraj    N...

Web resources about - Content controls are allowed only in content page that references a master page. - asp.net.ajax-ui

European Terrestrial Reference System 1989 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The European Terrestrial Reference System 1989 ( ETRS89 ) is a ECEF (Earth-Centered, Earth-Fixed) geodetic Cartesian reference frame , in which ...

Child sex abuse royal commission: Senior politician to be grilled over reference
A former deputy Premier will again take the stand on Tuesday to explain why he gave a positive job reference to a man he knew to have sexually ...

How many Nazi references in the Republican race is enough? Top Stories
Check out Neil Macdonald's take on the two main contenders in the wild race for the Republican nomination. And, Canada Post's plans for the community ...

VA, reference pricing and the value of options
@hyperplanes eg, you can get free care at VA, or get a reimbursed at the reference price for care anywhere else. — Matthew Martin (@hyperplanes) ...

10 of the best movie references you’ll ever see in popular TV shows
I'm torn when it comes to breaking the fourth wall in TV shows . It can be a fun, clever way to connect with the audience, but it can also break ...

"As much as Poppy Bush scoffs at 'the D-word,' as he calls any reference to dynasty, the Bushes do consider ...
... re-defended myself: "Servants" seems like the right word for people who occupy the servants' quarters within a house, especially when the reference ...

Supergirl: Easter Eggs and DC Comics References In "Livewire"
This week was an odd one for Supergirl.If that Jimmy Olsen/Lucy Lane date weekend seemed to come [...]

The 5 Best Britney Spears References From Her 'Jane the Virgin' Visit
The 5 Best Britney Spears References From Her 'Jane the Virgin' Visit

Virginia Mayor References Japanese Interment to Make Point About Syrian Refugees
Today, Roanoke, Va., mayor David Bowers acknowledged similarities between banning assistance to Syrian refugees based on their country of origin ...

Justin Bieber album reportedly banned in some countries because of Jesus reference
Justin Bieber’s latest album, “Purpose,” has reportedly been banned by some countries in the Middle East.