Change content pages of Master Page without Master Page posting back?

so Master + content pages seems like exactly what I want except that they are assembled on postbacks. I am trying to make a site where both Master and Content pages have updatepanels, and the site switches content pages (40+ content pages) without the master page refreshing. Master Pages are assembled on postbacks so I don't think simple master page will work without annoying postbacks. I tried an approach where load content pages inside an Iframe, but the content pages take too long to load becuase each content page loads its own scriptmanager. View/Multiview will probably work but difficult to develop a 40 view multiview, I would rather develop 40 separate aspx pages. Any ideas on making any of these three approaches work well? either fix masterpage postback, or fix Iframe load times, or fix View/Multiview eaase of development?

THanks!

Todd Wilder

0
wildert

I think you are looking at the problem backwards -  you have to change the MasterPage of the content page.  this.Page.MasterPageFile property.

 Another option which I successfuly have deployed is dynamically loading a usercontrol into a placeholder on the masterpage.

-Steven Berkovitz
MBC Computer Solutions Ltd.
http://www.mbccs.com
0
berkovitz

synchronizing content pages to master page when master page is edited
 Hi Guys,I'm new to designing websites so please forgive this basic question.I've updated my master page and the modfications ( adding a couple of extra place holders)  are not reflecting in the content pages.Is there any way we can update the content pages created before the changes to the master page were made.Thanks a lot  :)  abhinaynag: I'm new to designing websites so please forgive this basic question. I've updated my master page and the modfications ( adding a couple of extra place holders)  are not reflecting in the content pages. Is t...

Having Problem in Posting Value from a Content Page to another Content Page within a Same Master Page
Hello, I have a Master Page which contains two Content pages named: Default.aspx and Default2.aspx. I want to post a TextBox1 value (in Default.aspx) to Default2.aspx in the Master Pages and all my pages are in ContentPlaceHolder, but it is not working.   Is there Any kind of help?  Hi,you can pass value between two web forms by Query string, session  or by using cookieFor query string  refer : http://www.codeproject.com/KB/aspnet/QueryString.aspxSession: save session in default.aspx Session("t1")=text1.text retrieve session astext2.text = session(&quo...

Changing the master page of the master page
I have two master pages [Inner Master Page]. I want to change the master page of the inner master page according to user type. Research shows that we can only change the master page in Pre_init page handler but the master page does not have any pre_init. Is there any way to change the master page of a master page? Thanks in advance. SyedSyed Ali Shah______________________________________________Attention: Don't Forget to mark as "Answer" If I helped you in solving your problem. It seems that you want to change nested master page dynamically, if so, please check this link, ...

Change a Master Page from a Master Page
Hello, I have 2 master pages, the default one and the one for printing.  I would like to be able to put a print button or link in the default masterpage and have it change the masterpage to the print version.  Is this possible?  If not, what is the most efficient way to go about doing this? (I would rather not have to change every single content page). Thanks for the help, Brian "I'm more like I am now than I've ever been" Is it possible to do a redirect of some sort and capture the url and just add a querystring parameter to the end that when redirected ...

Content page has not changed as master page change
I built a master page and content page. For the first time when I debug it is ok. The problem is that"when I make some changes in the master page, I see that changes in the content page but when I set this content page as start page and debug(F5), it does not show that changes and load the previouse content page.It sound that it was not influenced by the changes.  I will be grateful If someone can fix trhis problem with best regardsLeyliComputer Engineer In visual studio try going build->rebuild  Web site and see what happens. Also you are not required to hi...

How to render Content Page in master Page Without Full Page Postback
Hi,     I have Created an Web Application in which i hav one Master Page and  ten Content pages.In the Home page i hav a list of hyperlink buttons (<li>Hyperlink1,Hyperlink2,Hyperlink3</li>),so these hyperlinks actually direct to the content pages. I wanted to know how can i render only the content page without a full page page load again with the master page , with an Ajax effect. Thank u for the help Harsha   hello. well, you can't. i think you should redesign your site so that the content is defined by several web user controls another opti...

Programmatically set a content pages Master page to another Master page which is nested in the original
Hello, I have a set up where I have a main masterpage that I use most of the time but occasionally I need to swtch to another masterpage which is actually nested to the main masterpage. The switch needs to happen between postbacks from one content page to another. The problem I'm having, is that it is giving me an exception that it cannot find the content place holders in in the main master page. I have overriden the OnPreInit event of the content page where I check a session variable to see if I need to load the nested page or the main page. When I try to load the page I am presented ...

AJAX Master Page vs Master Page
 Using VS 08 with asp.net 3.5... What is the difference between these items...Add A New Item (to solution):AJAX Master Page vs Master PageAJAX Web Form ve Web Form Is it just that the AJAX version puts in the scriptmanger?  Or are there other differences?  Thanks Bob  Ajax masterPage just create a masterPage with ScriptManager , Ajax webFrom create a webform that contains ScriptManager and create a Javascsript Page Load method which i called when page loaded.  Regards,Anas Ghanem.Note:Please Don't hesitate to click "Report Abuse" link if you ...

Doing Postback from master page to page in master's content place holder(search page)
Hi, Currently I am trying to do a postback which returns results. The master page has a textfield and button and the button redirects to the search page.The search page also has a textfield and button and when the button is clicked, the query statements take the input from teh user and looks for results. Currently, A Crosspage postback of master page + other pages in content place holder ------> master page+search page in content place holder works.I am trying to do a postback which returns results in master page+search page which gets its input from the textbox of the master page ...

2 master pages/both loades irrespective of the pages master page
I have 2 master pages One in application’s root directory and one in Admin folder  all .aspx file on the   Admin folder uses AdminMaster.Master  the same folder.  all file  in application’s root directory   uses Open.master in in application’s root directory itself I have noticed one thing when I browse a page with master page AdminMaster.Master   the  events in Open.master    (Page_Init, Page_Load) also executes ! why it is sowhat can I do to avoid this problem ?         ...

HOW ADD .ASPX PAGE ( as content page) TO MASTER PAGE
hi friends, I have been trying to link  aspx pages to my master page ( which I created afterwards) without any success. I know how to do it when it comes to normal procedure i.e. first create a master page and then content pages. I have a different situation, I already have aspx pages  and now i created a master page but I am unable to link them. I tried  imitating the code from a content page created using normal procedure but thats also not working. Please do help me in this regard, Thank you Prince, Just create a master page and then create a child page. Ch...

Web resources about - Change content pages of Master Page without Master Page posting back? - asp.net.ajax-ui

Portal:Contents/Society and social sciences - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A society is a group of people who form a semi-closed system . At its simplest, the term society refers to a large group of people sharing their ...

Apple TV gains Siri + universal search for Fox Now, FXNow, and Nat Geo content
... on a new feature called universal search. This capability allows users to perform a single search using Siri or the Search app and see content ...

Facebook and Twitter: Users Process Mobile Content Faster
... ten seconds. Our two companies worked together on this piece because the separate research studies we did came to the same conclusions: Content ...

Twitter’s New Timeline Brings Content to Logged-Out Mobile Web Browsers
Twitter wants new and novice users to check out what the site to offer, and has been testing ways to get tweets in front of as many eyeballs ...

WWE Immortals celebrates 1st anniversary with Bret Hart, new content and more
... this challenge and you get to earn some of the rarest and most powerful characters in the game. The update also includes new multiplayer content, ...

Europe’s top court mulls legality of hyperlinks to copyrighted content
(credit: Hernán Piñera ) Europe's highest court is considering whether every hyperlink in a Web page should be checked for potentially linking ...

Torrent streaming site declares war on ‘righteous content monopolies’ – and it might win
To the dismay of content rights owners, which Popcorn Time calls “righteous content monopolies," the popular streaming service isn't quite ready ...

5 Types of Content Worth Investing in This Year
Simply having a blog strategy in place is no longer enough. If you want to be successful with content marketing, you need to invest in a variety ...

Literary Scout Kevin Cotter Joins Anonymous Content
Kevin Cotter is joining Anonymous Content ’s growing New York office as Director of Literary Affairs. Cotter will be exclusive to Anonymous Content ...