Cannot change web part title bar properties when web part is within an update panel

We have some web parts that are wrapped within an update panel. The entire web part zone is wrapped in the update panel, as noted in other places on this forum.

The problem is, any attempts to set properties within the title bar of the web part don't work (if done programatically) within the update panel. For example, if I add a web part, and then in the OnInit() function, I do this:

this.Title = "My new title";

Then when I run the program, the title bar simply says, "Untitled".

Is there a way to make ths work???

For the record, his is a snippet of the HTML to show the order of the controls on the page: (WelcomePart is a custom control derived from WebPart)

<atlas:UpdatePanel ID="homeUpdatePanel" runat="server" Mode="Always">
<ContentTemplate>
<asp:Table ID="ContentTable" runat="server">
<asp:TableRow ID="ContentRow" runat="server">
<asp:TableCell ID="TableCell1" VerticalAlign="Top" runat="server">
<asp:WebPartZone ID="WebPartZone1" runat="server" Height="50px" Width="400px" >
<ZoneTemplate>
<cc1:WelcomePart runat="server" ID="WelcomePart1" />
-Todd Davis
http://www.SeaburyDesign.com
0
toddhd

Is this only happening with the Title property or does setting any other property not persist?

You might want to try setting the property using the FindControl method. i.e:

WebPartZone zone = FindControl("WebPartZone1") as WebPartZone;
zone.Title = "My New Title";
0
Perseus

Using Web Parts and DataBinding across Web Parts with Ajax Update Panels.
Sorry in advance if this is better suited to the data presentation controls forum, but I'm not having a problem there, it's unique to web parts.  OK, I have two different Web User Controls (.ascx files) that have GridViews on them. They're all wrapped with Ajax update panels, so when a new row is added or an existing row is edited, etc. it's not a full postback. Great, looks awesome.Here's my issue, hopefully someone has run into this before. Let's call the Gridviews GV_A and GV_B. When I add a new record to GV_A, the database creates a new ID for the record behi...

Web parts: upcoming deadline for Snippets, update on Web Parts
Hi, quick update on Web parts, since the release date for Northern Spring Campaign is approaching fast. iOS won't be released on June 2nd, we'll try to reuse as many strings as possible (if not all of them) from the existing work that it will happen. *Snippets - 25 May* A few locales (ja, pl, ru) still have a pending request for snippets. Some of them are about iOS, so they won't be used in this campaign, but it's important to have them on file for the future. *Campaign - 2 Jun* The campaign is spread across several files with small updates. The removal of...

Invoke Ajax OnClick from Provider Web Part to Consumer Web Part
I am attempting to manage an ajax connection by calling a button onclick method on a separate web part in order to force the partial postback on the consumer.  Web part A (Provider) invokes the method on Web Part B (Consumer) Web Part A Type t = myButton.GetType();            object[] p = new object[1];            p[0] = EventArgs.Empty;            MethodInfo m = t.GetMethod("OnClick", BindingFlags.NonPublic | ...

Refreshing contents of other web part zone when change happens in one web part
Hi, This may be simple but since I m new to VS Studio 2005. I have situation like this. Any help would be appriciated. I have 2 web part zone in in apage and each webpart zone is having panel and iframe inside the panel. I am doing some operations on src of the frame in webpart zone1 and it goes to some other page in same zone and after I am done on other page I am comming back to the original page . It si working fine. But what i want ot do is  want to refresh the contents of frames in other webpart so that they can pick the informatiom database and refresh the content. Since conten...

Web parts , Web User Control, Update Panel, Javascript
Hi guys,  Hope this time someone replies first of all, Is that possible to combine all above Asp.net and Ajax controls?      The below one is my web user control code which I am using in the webpart zone. <asp:UpdatePanel ID="UpdatePanel1" runat="server"> <ContentTemplate>   <asp:Panel ID="EditContainer" runat="server" DefaultButton="btnSubmit" > Start Date: <asp:TextBox ID="TextBox1" runat="server"></asp:TextBox> End Date:&nbsp;&nbsp;<asp:TextBox ID="TexBox2" runat="server"></asp:TextBox> <asp:Butt...

Change web part title bar color
I am creating web parts in C# code in my ASP.NET app with the WebPartManager.CreateWebPart method.  How can I set the color of the bar at the top of each web part where the Title is shown?  This bar is rendered as a <TD> tag like this: <td id="WebPartTitle_wp921482890" style="width:100%;white-space:nowrap;"> You can do it in the skin file, e.g. <asp:WebPartZone runat="server" BorderStyle="None" Padding="0" CssClass="WebPartZone" LayoutOrientation="Vertical" width="100%">     <HeaderStyle CssClass="WebPartZoneHeader" />   &n...

Enumerating all the web parts on a page
I have a web part that needs to examine every other web part on a given page for info. I've tried two approaches, but neither seems to be the answer I'm looking for. First, I tried getting a reference to Parent (which returns the WebPartManager) and enumerating through it's Controls (or WebParts) collection. This almost works - it gives me every web part in the same WebPartZone as my web part. But it doesn't give me all the web parts in the other zones. Example:            WebPartManager wpm = (WebPartManager)this.Pa...

Atlas and Web Parts / Web Part Framework
How is Microsoft differentiating Atlas from Web Parts and the Web Part Framework? Which is the right one to use when? Web Parts provide a rich infrastructure in ASP.NET to build composite, personalized application UI from individual components. Atlas provides a richer environment in the browser client for application UI to run more interactively. These are complementary technologies. In the future, web parts and Atlas will work together in a couple of important ways. First, the web parts infrastructure will take advantage of Atlas to provide even richer client-side intera...

how to change font-size of web part part title -> is a buggger of microsoft?
I use css to change parttitle style, all porprety works except font-size, so, the color, background-color, font-name and other can work, but the font-size can't change! I really want know why! Is a bugger of WebPart control?   <asp:WebPartZone ID="WebPartZone1" runat="server" DragHighlightColor="Purple" HeaderText=" " BorderColor="" EmptyZoneText="" BorderStyle="None" BorderWidth="" Padding="1" Width="100%" WebPartVerbRenderMode="TitleBar"> <ZoneTemplate> <uc1:PanelModule Title="Task Panel" ID="PanelModule1" ListDirection="Vertical" runat="server"/> </Zo...

Web Part moves only once with Ajax Update Panel RC1
I uset Web part with Update Panel RC1. But only once DND possible. Next time it is not available...... Can anybody have solution for this.??  Chetan SarodeSoftware Engineer,Approva Systems Pvt Ltd,Pune, India. Try to specify post back through the triggers of the asp:UpdatePanel.Here are some sample codes for your reference.<div> <asp:ScriptManager ID="ScriptManager1" runat="server" EnablePartialRendering="true"> </asp:ScriptManager> <asp:UpdatePanel ID="upPortal" runat="server" ChildrenAsTriggers="false" UpdateMode="Conditional"&...

Closed Web Parts with Update Panels AJAX 1.0
I know it isn't supported, but I have only one problem with AJAX 1.0. I have an ajax timer and update button on a master page for updates for all my content sections. Everything works great till I attempt to close a webpart that has an update panel, and then I javascript errors appear telling me they can no longer find the update panels on the webparts I have already closed. I tracked it down to some ScriptManager code: Sys.WebForms.PageRequestManager.getInstance()._updateControls(['tctl00$MainWebPartManager$gwpTaskSummary1$TaskSummary1$udpTaskSummary','tctl00$MainWebPartManager$wp71908502...

Web part Personalization and Web part custom designing
  Hi all          1. I m using a GridView control in my Web Part. In that GridView i control the columns to be displayed by generating queries in run time. In my page i have six GridView controls in six web parts. Each user can customize their GridView columns. My actual requirement is i want to get the each individual user customized details when they logged in again.How can I done this plz give me a suggestion by code.    2. I want to display my web part have a rounded corner title. how can I done this. I a...

AJAX: "moving the control between the Web Part Zone in Update Panel"
Hi I create new ASP.Net Ajax CTP-Enable web site in the default page I put update panel which contain:            1. Web part manager             2. Two web part zone I place this part of code on the Page load, UpdatePanel load and WebPartManager load:(WebPartManager1.DisplayMode = WebPartManager.DesignDisplayMode ) And this work (moving the control between the Web Part Zone) just on the page load and when refresh the page.I need to enable this option (Display Mode) al...

Web part in MOSS not showing in the "Add Web Parts" web page dialog in the nested sites
hey guys,  I created a web part and it seems to work fine ( I followed  the Sahil's article: http://www.codeguru.com/csharp/.net/net_asp/webforms/article.php/c12293__1/)I added the web part using the page:_layouts/NewDwp.aspx located in the profiles site, which is http://ServerName/sites/MySite/then I asked a coworker to try the web part, he went to his profile, click in Site Actions, Edit page, Add a Web Part and he wasn't able to see it in the list, so he needed to go to Site Settings -> Web Parts -> New -> check the web part and click on Populate Gallery. S...

Web resources about - Cannot change web part title bar properties when web part is within an update panel - asp.net.ajax-ui

Properties of water - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about the physical and chemical properties of pure water. For general discussion and its distribution and importance in life, ...

Facebook Surpasses All Google Properties In Brazil
Facebook overtook Orkut to became Brazil’s top social network in January, but has only overtaken all of Google’s properties in that nation just ...

Extended Profile Properties - Facebook-Entwickler
These Permissions cannot be revoked in the Login Dialog during the login flow, meaning they are non-optional for Users when logging into your ...

PortPerry Properties (@brian14mckinlay) on Twitter

Hawaii Real Estate Properties on the App Store on iTunes
Get Hawaii Real Estate Properties on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Qld climate change pilot study shows 4400 properties could flood in Townsville
The Queensland Government is silently preparing Queensland for an 80cm sea rise, which would impact tens of thousands of homes by the end of ...

Smart Buys: Sydney properties for less than $1 million
Domain's choice of smart Sydney properties this week.

Australian Federal Police raid properties in new CFMEU-linked investigation
Federal Police have raided properties as part of an investigation into a CFMEU organiser suspected by authorities of being bribed.

Nobody's home: Housing boom leaves swathe of empty properties
The nation's three-year property boom is leaving its biggest cities awash with empty homes, a report shows.

Queensland storms: Roofs ripped off houses in Warwick, 19,000 properties left without power
... roofs in Warwick, as wild storms move across south-east Queensland. More than a dozen homes have lost their roofs and close to 19,000 properties ...