AJAX Update Panel appears to also update Panel in other content area....

 I have to content areas, each with their own update panels.  I notice that whenever a partial page postaback is triggered in UpdatePanel2, a refresh is performed in UpdatePanel1.  The code does not use triggers to force the partial page postback.  The control in Panel2 is a textbox control that I assume by default causes the partial postback on a CR.  The control being refreshed in Panel1 is a DropDownList.

In addition, I have found that during a partial page postback for Panel2, Panel1 controls are being enabled unless I explicitly disable them.

Any ideas on why this behavior is occurring?

-John

0
jcc103

 What values do the UpdateMode properties have for the 2 update panels?

If the UpdateMode is set to Always for updatePanel then is normal to get a refresh when an update happens in update panel 2... Alway means you will get a partial update in you update panel at every postback. If you don't want this, set the UpdateMode to Conditional.

Hope this helps! - if not maybe you can post some code to see what you're doing.

Andrei

http://acroitoriu.spaces.live.com
"No complexity beyond what is necessary"
0
acroitoriu
11/3/2008 10:03:03 PM

 Hi Andrei,

 That was exactly the problem.  I set the UpdateMode to conditional in both panels and the issue was resolved!

Thank you for answering my post.

Best,

John

0
jcc103

AJAX update panel updating all panels!
Hey there, I have 2 updated panels on a page update panel1 and update panel2. One is triggerd by a list box and the other is triggered by an image button,, the only problem is although each trigger is assigned to their respective list boxes, whenever a trigger is activated it refreshes both update panels, which is not what I want.  This is my update panel refreshed by the image button   <asp:UpdatePanel ID="UpdatePanel2" runat="server"> <ContentTemplate> <TABLE id="Table6" style="WIDTH: 208px; HEIGHT: 248px" cellSpacing="1" cellPadding="1" width="208" border=...

Ajax Update Panel not Updating
I have asp page with one update panel. Inside update panel there is a button and a label control. when I click button and try to updatel label.text="something" it works. But what I am trying to do is on button click I create FileSystemWatcher object and register its changed event. Now whenever I changed my text file changed event gets fired and inside this changed event I am trying to Update label.text="Something". This time it does not work. Can someone tell me what should I do to get this work. Here is the sample code DisplayLog.aspx <%@ Page Language="C#&qu...

AJAX: which is better more controls inside one update panel or few controls inside more update panels
hi in form that have many controls , gridview , formview, buttons, textboxes, etc. which is better, put them all in one update panel, or few controls in more update panels? i.e. gridview , formview, buttons, textboxes all in one update panel or gridview in update panel, formview in updat panel, buttons (that text needs to change based on some business rules) in update panel, etc? besides will tables and divs inside update panel affect AJAx performance?! Hi,    Putting too many controls in an update panel will certainly affect the performance. I have certainly faced it. ...

Ajax Update Panel and Update Progress
Hello Everyone,  Its been long time since i have visited this forum, but i have a query regarding the update panel. I have a strange and weard situtaion here, which is only occuring on the web hosting server and it works absolutely fine on VSS (Local) server. The situation is i have an application where Web User Controls are placed on the web page at the design time, they are made Visible true/false at the run time. The Page where controls are placed contains the update panel and the User controls Indvidually too contains the Update Panel. These update Panel are associated with u...

can v do partial update in page and code also using Ajax update panel?
can v do partial update in page and code also using Ajax update panel? I mean i have 2 user controls in my page. I have applied update panel in 1st user control. After clicking some action button, I want execute the code for first user control only.  But in my case, 2 user controls are getting loaded. But 1st user control only updated in page. This(2nd user control) is unnecessary calling la.  Please read this thread:UpdatePanels inside UserControls ...

Update the contents of a hidden Panel within an Update Panel?
I have an update panel that contains two panels:  Panel 1: contains a data source and a data-bound Repeater.  The data source has one control parameter for a text box found in panel 2.Panel 2: contains an editable text box which acts as the parameter for the data source in Panel 1The update panel has a Trigger of the TextChanged event for the text box in Panel 2. All works well and good if both panels are visible; change the text box (which again, is a parameter for the data source) and my Repeater changes accordingly.  But I'm trying to make only one Panel vi...

Ajax Update panel with in user custom panel
HI i am trying to add Update panel in a custom Panel but when i Add the panel controls and then render the update panel to the page it gives error "page can not be null" error detail is give as under i am attaching the code too Page cannot be null. Please ensure that this operation is being performed in the context of an ASP.NET request. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.InvalidOperationException: Page...

regarding update panel, update process in ajax
i got a set of information in my page like personal info, educational details & prof work experience. when i click a save button for personal info, (i have put it in the update panel & corresponding update progress will be shown). i want to show a blank page only in tht particular part says tht "ur information is successfully saved". can i have ur help plzshagil  Here is my recommendation:1. Put three update panels in your page, one for each section  'PersonalInfo', 'EducationDetail' and 'ProfExp'.2. Each of these update panels would co...

DetailsView in ajax update panel do not fire update event
 i have a gridview, when the user select a row there it populate the row details in detailsview, both the detailsview and gridview are in ajax update panel. the point here whne the row is selected in gridview the detailsview works fine. if i click the detailsview edit button it shows the data right, but when i edit the data in detailsview the DetailsView1_ItemUpdating event does not fire!!. i think it is some thing related with the ajax panel configuration but i'm not sure.thanks in adavanc Muhanad YOUNISMCSD.NETMy Blog || My Photos || LinkedIn http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-u...

AJAX Update panel not updating gridview on local server
 I have a page with one user control on it. The user control has a gridview on it linked to an object datasource. The datasource is linked to a series of checkboxes that filter the data in the gridview.This user control is on a webpage with in an update panel with the trigger for the update panel being the userconrol. This all works fine on my developement machine. And it was working on the live serve however I am now getting so weird behaviour on the live server under certain conditions the gridview is not filtering the data as the checkboxes are clicked.The website is on a server at o...

update panel within an update panel
hey all, can you have an update panel within an update panel? are there some restrictions / requirements? thanks, rodchar You can have an update panel within an update panel, but you just need to take care of trigger modes when the child panel just refreshes itself or triggers its parent as well and vice versa.  Hi, See http://www.asp.net/ajax/documentation/live/overview/UpdatePanelOverview.aspx, Pay attension on the "Using Nested UpdatePanel Controls" section: UpdatePanel controls can be nested. If the parent panel is refreshed, all nested panels are refreshed...

Update Panel inside Update Panel
Hi, Can I have update panels inside other update panels. I need to do something like this. ---------------- register1 123                  <---      When i click this <tr> this should update label1 to 123 register2 233                  <---      When i click this <tr> this should update label1 to 123 register3 234     ...

Update panel within an update panel
I want to update data two grids within a panel, but not affect any other part of the page. That's one panel. However, there are times when I only want to update one of the grids in the panel and not the other. Is this possible? Clarence crtjr:when I only want to update one of the grids in the panel and not the other. Is this possible? Place each GridView in a seprate UpdatePanel , Then Set the UpdateMode of the UpdatePanel to "Conditional" , Now in the page code behind , you can refresh the contents of each UpdatePanel by manually calling its Update() method . Rega...

Having an issue using JavaScript to update an Update Panel with Multiple Update Panels
I am using JavaScript via the '__doPostBack' command passing in the 'ClientID' of my UpdatePanel to do a partial page postback.  This fires the UpdatePanel_PreRender event (or any other UpdatePanel event) where I run server side code. The actual partial page postback is working as expected, but since partial postbacks follow the full page lifecycle, ALL of my UpdatePanel events are firing which I do not want.  What ends up happening is the code in the other UpdatePanel '_PreRender' event is being called too which I do not want to occur. Is there a way aroun...

Web resources about - AJAX Update Panel appears to also update Panel in other content area.... - asp.net.ajax-ui

Mark Zuckerberg Appears In Code.org Video Promoting Computer Science Education
Facebook Co-Founder and CEO Mark Zuckerberg joined other tech notables in a video for nonprofit organization Code.org aimed at encouraging computer ...

Justin Amash - It now appears clear that the director of... - Facebook
It now appears clear that the director of national intelligence, James Clapper, lied under oath to Congress and the American people. Members ...

More Facebook Home Page Changes May Be Coming, as News Feed Test Appears
Facebook is testing a version of the news feed which collapses the previously separate Top News and Most Recent tabs into a single feed. The ...

A Path Appears (@APathAppears) on Twitter
Log in Sign up You are on Twitter Mobile because you are using an old version of Internet Explorer. Learn more here A Path Appears @ APathAppears ...

Stop the Presses: A New Press Lord Appears
Shareholder Letters Shed Light on Jeff Bezos&rsquo; Approach to BusinessWord that Amazon Founder and CEO Jeff Bezos is buying The Washington ...

6/28/10 Gary Faulkner Appears on CBS' The Early Show - YouTube
NEW YORK CITY / Gary Faulkner, the so-called "Rocky Mountain Rambo," shared his story on CBS' THE EARLY SHOW this morning, says Tampa PR Firm, ...

Bieber appears on Dubai stage 2 hours late for a second day in a row
The 19-year-old singer, who was meant to start his show at 8pm, finally began at 10pm - this time to a crowd half the size of Saturday's turnout. ...

Fallen AFL prospect Dayle Garlett appears in Geraldton court
One-time boom AFL prospect Dayle Garlett has again appeared in a WA court, facing a string of drug, theft and driving charges in Geraldton Magistrates ...

Google appears to be testing partial payments with Google Play credits on paid purchases
According to one Reddit user, Google is now seemingly beginning to allow users to part-pay for items using their Google Play Store credit. Previously, ...