Ajax Tabs UI and Data Controls

Hi all

Not too sure if this is covered else where? Does the Ajax Tab control have a display on demand method?

I want to display customer details on an Ajax Tab UI, I could do this with a custom tab but would like to use the MS Ajax framework where possible.

The tabs need to include the following:

tab 1: Customer Summary/Details

tab 2: Customer Contacts

tab 3: Customer Orders/History

and so forth...

My issue is, I don't quite know how to do this as each tab accesses a different DataSource/Stored Procedure to bring back the results. I obviously want to write this in a "best practices" way and therefore avoid long loading times etc... Any help would be greatly be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

David Winchester

Please mark as answer if this is the solution.
0
Dave_Winchester

dwhite
8/21/2007 12:29:17 PM

Thanks Damian, I'll give it a go.

David Winchester

Please mark as answer if this is the solution.
0
Dave_Winchester

Sys.UI.Control / Sys.Preview.UI.Control with January CTP, MS AJAX 1.0?
Hi, I'm trying to get sample code from Foundations of Atlas to run with January CTP, MS AJAX 1.0 with no luck.  It can't create the object on the first line.  I think it's a namespace issue. Below is the markup in a brand new January CTP website.  Thanks in advance. from web.config: <pages> <controls> <add tagPrefix="asp" namespace="System.Web.UI" assembly="System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35"/> <add tagPrefix="asp" namespace="Microsoft.Web.Preview.UI" assembly="Microsoft.Web.Preview"/> &l...

TargetControlID of AJAX Calendar Control cannot be found when in an AJAX tab control

UPDATED: AJAX FAQ? And: How to Style the AJAX tab control's tabs: complete information
UPDATE April 08, 2009: for the latest version of this post, with up-to-date info on styling the Tab control, see my just updated Blog post -- the info below is somewhat outdated and does not have some additional details I have added to the Blog post.   First of all, I would like to suggest that the AJAX section of the ASP.NET forums have its own FAQ section. I was going to post this in the general ASP.NET FAQ, but it didn't really fit, and there was no AJAX FAQ, so I'm posting it here. Next: I have been looking for details on how to style the Tabs in the AJAX Tool...

How do we customize Ajax calendar Control and Ajax Tabbed Panel?
Hi FriendsAm confronting with a very trivial issue of customizing the tabbed panel and the Calendar controls of the Ajax control toolkit. Can anyone give me some ideas of how to customize these as I tried changing the CSS and setting the new css, but all in vain.can anyone help me out with this issue?Thanks Karthik MuthuswamyProgrammer AnalystChennai I tried my own idea. Thanks everyone.Karthik MuthuswamyProgrammer AnalystChennai...

To AJAX, or not to AJAX?
Some body suggested to me to use AJAX. I figured it's not the brand name detergent nor the Dutch city. So here is what I have and please tell me if it ca be done with ajax, and perhaps point me to some examples, etc. The page contains several GridViews and FormViews that display data using several data calls. (Yeah, there is my first issue. Need to figure out how to cash all that.) This is an application that track work orders, so the top most FV has the user info and summary information of the work order. It is editable and so far it works well. There is also another set of infroamt...

My AJAX is not AJAXing!
Hi, I was having trouble with a new AJAX enabled code so I tried to just to do a simple test page. I did the simple Label control with button example covered in this tutorial http://www.asp.net/learn/ajax/tutorial-01-cs.aspx I'm having the same problem. Functionalitw-wise it works but the page is refreshing and flickering. That means it's not the code but maybe my set up. I'm using VisualStudio 2005 and the application is currenty .NET 2.0. In VS.NET, I do see the AJAX controls though. What could this be?Thanks,Sam did you install the Ajax extensions? Now, it's AJAXing!...

ajax or not to ajax.
Heres a strange one for you. I have a textbox, a button and a gridview on a page. I enter some search text which returns 500 odd records in under a second. When i wrap the gridview in an updatepanel, set its update mode to "conditional" and the trigger to the button the page can take 2-4 seconds to render. I think the problem is down to page redering some how as my progress indicator stops at around the same time as the normal postback would appear. I have also noticed this very behaviour and have come to the conclusion that in cases like this it is better to hand code a XMLHttp...

System.Web.UI.Page and Ajax.net
 İ use .net 2005 and ajax.net.Normally i use System.Web.UI.Page,my webpage is working.But in here we use other page that extends System.Web.UI.Page.if i extend my class to our  webpage my ajax.net isn't  working. My error explanation is: sys.webfrom.pagerequestmanagerparserErrorException:the message received from the server could not beparsed.Common causes for this error are when the response is modifies by calls to Response.write(),response filters,httpmodules,or server trace is enabled. Details:Error parsing near'itle||Untitled PAge|<script language=J...

How to instantiate an AJAX control inside a custom AJAX control
Hi I want to include a ToggleButton control inside a custom AJAX control.  How can I instantiate an instance of the ToggleButton in my Javascript?  If I create an instance of the ToggleButton in C# code, how could the Javascript pick it up?  Thank you,  ltlwinger   http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb397487.aspx Final Answer.Good Luck this._pin = $create(AjaxControlToolkit.ToggleButtonBehavior, { 'id': this.get_id() + "_ToggleButton", 'CheckedImageUrl': 'images/collapse.jpg', 'UncheckedImageUrl': '...

Ajax Tab Control with Sub Tabs
Hi,I am using Ajax Tab control.. and I want to display Sub tabs once I click on the First tab... Is it possible? how?Thanks  Just nest additional TabContainers inside the ContentTemplates of each TabPanel. <cc1:TabContainer...> <cc1:TabPanel...> <HeaderTemplate>...</HeaderTemplate> <ContentTemplate> <cc1:TabContainer...> etc... </cc1:TabContainer> </ContentTemplate> </cc1:TabPanel> </cc1:TabContainer>  When you ask a question, rem...

AJAX Control Toolkit Tabs Control...
I have a tab control where I would like make the height of the control 100%. Can someone give me an example or provide me with direction on how to accomplish this...   Thanks... Hi there, In the TabContainer properties you can specify hight. Not sure about percentage though! <Ajax:TabContainer ID="TabContainer1" runat="server" ActiveTabIndex="0" Height="300px"> Hope that answers your questionKind regardsMikael Thanks but, I was already aware that there was the height property. However, it does not allow percentages...  Any ideas..?? I guess you could request suppo...

ajax control in data presentation controls
can i add ajax controls (MaskedEdit) to presentation controls (dataGrid, dataForm)?? Hi,of course. But keep in mind that those controls are extenders, so you append them to an existing control. Just convert your GridView / DetailsView-fields into templated fields and add the extender you'd like to use to the controls.RegardsMarco Buerckel Don't forget to mark posts that were helpful as answers. Actually, if you looked at the source code for the Masked Edit Extender, you'd see  [TargetControlType(typeof(TextBox))]Meaning, targeting any control type other than textboxes...

Ajax Tab Control inserting content from the preceding tab into the tab of focus
Hello, I am using a tab control with several tabs. In one of the tabs, I was attempting to cause a label and a dropdownlist control to become visible or invisible based upon the users selection on another dropdownlist control within the same tab. When I test the control that should make the label and the ddl visible or invisible it does succeed in displaying or hiding these two controls but the contents from the preceding tab container viewed is injected into each page of the tab control. If I navigate to the tab containing the contents being injected then to any of the other tabs previous...

AJAX Master Page, AJAX Web Form and AJAX Client Control Question?
I gues to get the ball rolling I have VS 2008 and I am creating ASP.NET websites. I have programmed with VS 2005 and always had to add AJAX features by hand. Now in VS 2008 you have new templates AJAX Master Page, AJAX Web Form, AJAX Client Behavior, AJAX Client Control, AJAX Client Library, AJAX-embeded WCF Service On these three templates AJAX Master Page, AJAX Web Form and AJAX Client Control. What makes them different from normal templates? Is it just a matter of adding the script manager to the page or is using a AJAX Master Page have a huge benefit over doing individual pages? I have...

Web resources about - Ajax Tabs UI and Data Controls - asp.net.ajax-ui

England 'lost control' of Sam Burgess signing, says Bath coach Mike Ford
Bath head coach Mike Ford has reversed his support of Sam Burgess by stating that he should never have made the England 2015 World Cup squad. ...

Apple again controls holiday sales, accounting for 49% of activations as phablets dominate
... For more information about iOS Devices , Apple , and iPhone continue reading at 9to5Mac . What do you think? Discuss "Apple again controls ...

LG’s Amazon Echo-like device controls smart home devices and plays music
... a new device that looks somewhat familiar. The company announced its SmartThinq Hub today, a smart home hub with an LCD display that can control ...

Disable Windows 10 upgrade prompts with GWX Control Panel 1.7
... then the constant "Get Windows 10!" alerts are probably getting annoying. Fortunately you can disable them in seconds with the free GWX Control ...

Bloomberg Business: Executive Gun Control Coming ‘Soon After New Year’s Day’
Bloomberg Business: Executive Action Expanding Gun Control 'Soon After New Year's Day'

pics: Royal Trux @ Webster Hall w/ IUD, Blues Control & Lexie Mountain
photos by P Squared Royal Trux @ Webster Hall, 12/19/2015 "It just seemed pretty natural," Herrema said. "I guess when you know somebody that ...

Do parents give their kids too much control?
Family physician Dr. Leonard Sax explains how some problems unique to American culture are leading to a shift in authority

State Lawmakers Prep Gun Control Policies For 2016
State Lawmakers Prep Gun Control Policies For 2016

Smash glitch lets you control eight characters at once
... around in the game seeing what corners and cracks they can find hidden in its depths. If you've ever for some weird reason wanted to control ...