Ajax Tab Control with Sub Tabs

Hi,

I am using Ajax Tab control.. and I want to display Sub tabs once I click on the First tab... Is it possible? how?

asppick

Just nest additional TabContainers inside the ContentTemplates of each TabPanel.

<cc1:TabContainer...>
    <cc1:TabPanel...>
        <HeaderTemplate>...</HeaderTemplate>
        <ContentTemplate>
            <cc1:TabContainer...>
                etc...
            </cc1:TabContainer>
        </ContentTemplate>
    </cc1:TabPanel>
</cc1:TabContainer>

When you ask a question, remember to click "mark as answered" when you get a reply which answers your question.

My latest ASP.NET AJAX blog entries.
0
DisturbedBuddha
1/4/2008 4:41:51 AM

 Wt the buddha suggested that is  my answer.

Thank u

Baba

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on this post if it helped you.

Thank u

Baba

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on this post if it helped you.
0
srijaya_ramaraju

UPDATED: AJAX FAQ? And: How to Style the AJAX tab control's tabs: complete information
UPDATE April 08, 2009: for the latest version of this post, with up-to-date info on styling the Tab control, see my just updated Blog post -- the info below is somewhat outdated and does not have some additional details I have added to the Blog post.   First of all, I would like to suggest that the AJAX section of the ASP.NET forums have its own FAQ section. I was going to post this in the general ASP.NET FAQ, but it didn't really fit, and there was no AJAX FAQ, so I'm posting it here. Next: I have been looking for details on how to style the Tabs in the AJAX Tool...

Ajax Tab Control inserting content from the preceding tab into the tab of focus
Hello, I am using a tab control with several tabs. In one of the tabs, I was attempting to cause a label and a dropdownlist control to become visible or invisible based upon the users selection on another dropdownlist control within the same tab. When I test the control that should make the label and the ddl visible or invisible it does succeed in displaying or hiding these two controls but the contents from the preceding tab container viewed is injected into each page of the tab control. If I navigate to the tab containing the contents being injected then to any of the other tabs previous...

TargetControlID of AJAX Calendar Control cannot be found when in an AJAX tab control

AJAX Tab Control
Hello everyone - I've searched the archives and Googled this to death, but I'm not finding a satisfactory answer at the moment - any advice you have would be much appreciated. I have a "standard" aspx page with the AJAX Control Toolkit Tab control on - 3 tabs. Most of the time it is perfect and works fine, but sometimes for no obvious reason it will just stop rendering the tab, and just the text still appears. Instead of the pretty tabs, you just get the 3 labels rammed together, so my three tabs (Team Management, Incident Log, Progress) render like this: Team Managemen...

Uploading pages in different tabs of ajax tab control
Hi all, I have 6 different pages, each loading in a different tab of an ajax tab container. I have written my page in a way that on click on each tab, its related page is being loaded using update panel. The problem is this imposes a delay when user clicks and wants to move from tab to tab. On the other hand, I can change the page that all pages and contents get loaded and then be displayed as tabbed page. But in that case, it takes to long for all of them to be loaded at the same time. Waht I need is something in between. I want them to start loadning, first tab loads and user can work wit...

How do we customize Ajax calendar Control and Ajax Tabbed Panel?
Hi FriendsAm confronting with a very trivial issue of customizing the tabbed panel and the Calendar controls of the Ajax control toolkit. Can anyone give me some ideas of how to customize these as I tried changing the CSS and setting the new css, but all in vain.can anyone help me out with this issue?Thanks Karthik MuthuswamyProgrammer AnalystChennai I tried my own idea. Thanks everyone.Karthik MuthuswamyProgrammer AnalystChennai...

Ajax Tabs UI and Data Controls
Hi all Not too sure if this is covered else where? Does the Ajax Tab control have a display on demand method? I want to display customer details on an Ajax Tab UI, I could do this with a custom tab but would like to use the MS Ajax framework where possible. The tabs need to include the following: tab 1: Customer Summary/Details tab 2: Customer Contacts tab 3: Customer Orders/History and so forth... My issue is, I don't quite know how to do this as each tab accesses a different DataSource/Stored Procedure to bring back the results. I obviously want to write this in a "be...

How can I rebind a gridview when ajax tab control tab is clicked
I need to re-bind a gridivew when a user clicks a tab on the ajax tab control. Here is what I tried: Nothing happends, what am I missing?Protected Sub TabContainer1_ActiveTabChanged(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles TabContainer1.ActiveTabChanged 'reload stats gridview.Me.gvStats.DataBind() End SubThank youJackxxx If you are rebinding a gridview you must give it information to bind to itself or have an object Data Source do that for you on each page load.  I like to bind my own gridviews just so I dnot have to make multiple trips to the db for bindi...

TABS, TABS, AND MORE TABS.
Name: Danny Email: danheidiatrogersdotcom Product: Thunderbird Summary: TABS, TABS, AND MORE TABS. Comments: Hi Why is it that EVERYTIME I get a new upgrade whether on Firefox or Thunderbird, I get TABS? I now have an upgrade on Thunderbird and guess what, I have an 'Inbox' TAB that i don't know how to get rid of. Any ideas? Another issue is. Why doesn't Firefox display something telling me it is working/looking for the site I want. I click on a site and stare at Firefox and don't know if it is doing anything. The previous versions were much better at this. Thank you Danny Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.2.2) Gecko/20100316 Firefox/3.6.2 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729) From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you must BCC (not CC) the sender for them to see it. ...

Ajax Tab
I would like to have one grid in all tabs and the tabs will be used for changing sort order only. For example: Tabs: Ads By City, Ads By Date, Ads By Seller etc It would be waste of resources (the page will be heavy) to have grid in each tab. Rather there should be one grid and tab should have onclick event to handle adding filtering... How to acomplish this?   Rafal Zikbay.com - Free Classifieds (Search Over 5 mln jobs on Zikbay.com) DNN Direct You can use LinkButtons that can be styled to look like tabs using CSS and sort your grid accordingly in the click event o...

ajax tab control auto refresh one tab section help
Hello, Can someone tell me if it is possible to refresh just a section of a page? currently I am able to refersh the entire page but that messes up my other tabs. I would like to refresh just the section (section that is contained in 1 tab) the entrie page.  Is this possible? Help   Thank you so much for all the help :)Gina That's exactly what UpdatePanels do. http://asp.net/ajax/documentation/live/overview/UpdatePanelOverview.aspx http://www.asp.net/learn/ajax-videos/video-78.aspx  When you ask a question, remember to click "mark as ...

AJAX Control Toolkit Tabs Control...
I have a tab control where I would like make the height of the control 100%. Can someone give me an example or provide me with direction on how to accomplish this...   Thanks... Hi there, In the TabContainer properties you can specify hight. Not sure about percentage though! <Ajax:TabContainer ID="TabContainer1" runat="server" ActiveTabIndex="0" Height="300px"> Hope that answers your questionKind regardsMikael Thanks but, I was already aware that there was the height property. However, it does not allow percentages...  Any ideas..?? I guess you could request suppo...

Tab Controls/tab pages/controls within tab pages
I give up! I have a tab control user object - inherited from u_tab - and some tab pages. Initially only one page is enabled which has a datawindow. When a valid data is entered in the DW, I need to enable rest of the tabs - Now - it is giving me a NULL object reference error during execution for the following statement in an event of the DW - tabcontrol.tabpage.enabled=TRUE getparent( ) also giving errors - HELP! How can I do this? Thanks! Ragni rpanjala@nsf.gov Ragni -- If you have CreateOnDemand set for the tab, then the tab pages are not valid until the user accesses them. ...

The Tabs control in the AJAX Control Toolkit behaves like a regular postback control

How i create a Ajax tab control as a user control
  hi,how i create a Ajax tab control as a user control. In my project im using tab controls. Somtimes tab control has 7 or 8 tabs. So all codes inside single aspx.cs page. some times page load event has lot of methods. So i want to use different aspx.cs page for tabs. Can you explain how can i do it.Thanks  Just create a new user control and put your user interface with Ajax and the code behind in the newly created user control.Just move your TAB UI and code behind logic to the user control. http://acroitoriu.spaces.live.com"No complexity beyond what is necessary"...

AJAX TAB CONTROL + VALIDATION CONTROL = PROBELM
 I have two ascx pages one for posting comment and one for emailing some message. Both controls are using validators to check email, website address and required firelds.Both are placed in an aspx page in ajax control toolkit tab control. The problem is if I any user choose to send email then he has to fill something valid in "omments" section or if anyone wants to post comment then he/she has to fill something valid in email section otherwise form do not postback.How to solve this probelm.\ This image will help you to understand my problem. My both controls are using UPDAT...

Ajax Control tab Container control is very slow
 Hello All i am facing problem on my website that is working very very slow becaus i have used Ajax toolkit tab container control..i can not remove it now because it is completed almost what to do plz suggest m waiting for suggestionsThanks alot for helps  Mark as an answer if it helps Let the group know if tis slow because of the amount of data sent to the browser?  We might be able to fix that with a webservice load of the tab panel.  Good Luck  no not bcoz of amount of data.it is vry slow without any record.panel tabs are shifting one another very slow...

Ajax Control Toolkit: Tab Control Hidden
Hi,I have added a tab control to a page, and set everything up to be visible, however when I view the page the control is hidden.I have tried making sure it is visible via the code behind (tab1.visible = true), but this still doesn't show the control.Here is the code I have used to create the control: 1 <ajax:TabContainer runat="server" ID="Tab1"> 2 <ajax:TabPanel runat="server" ID="Panel1" HeaderText="Add"> 3 Add 4 </ajax:TabPanel> 5 </ajax:TabContainer>   I have trie...

AJAX Tab Control & the menu control
Hi, I have a Master Page with a menu control & a Tab Control on a aspx form that will be displayed as a Content. How do I switch between the Tab Control when a click is made on the menu in the master pages?   Do you want to set the currently selected tab panel?TabContainer1.ActiveTab = TabPanel1;  Im accessing the TabControl on the Default.aspx & this code does not work. I get no errors thou. Am I doing something wrong?  protected void MenuItem_Click(object sender, MenuEventArgs e) {  if (this.Menu1.SelectedItem.Value.Equals("1")) { TabContainer myTa...

Ajax Control Toolkit Tab Control
Hi Folks,  I am trying to get the Tab Container working. I have spent the past 3 days going through each and every post online and right now I am writing this as a last resort. I do not want any postback. I have a container with two tabs. I have a few text boxes, labels and one calendar extender in each tab and all I do in each tab is collect user information depending on the user type. When I run the code, only one tab shows up with all of its contents.This is the tab with the ActiveTabIndex="0". The other tab shows none of its controls when selected - only the header text. I would like the contents of the second tab to show as well, so that I can collect different set of information from the user in each tab.  Please help. Thanks, Praveen Keep it simple. Firstly, I recommend installing the AjaxControlToolkit sample website. If you can run the site, and the TabControl works, you have a starting point. If it doesn't, then you probably need to provide more information about your environment. What version of .Net, AjaxControlToolkit? What browser are you testing in? Incrementally build a more complex page... drag a TabControl on, then drag a TextBox into each tab. Test Keep adding more controls to each tab and keep testing.  As for No postback, drop an <asp:UpdatePanel in each Tab.  Hope that helps What you are suggesting has already been done. I have also used the Calendar Extender control as well in my project....

How to recursive a child control through an AJAX tab control?
 I'm trying to disable controls within the AJAX tab but I'm unable too. I was able to do it for all other controls. What do I need to do? Thanks! Protected Sub ExecuteReadOnly() SetControl_ReadOnly(TryCast(Me.Page, Control)) End Sub Private Sub SetControl_ReadOnly(ByVal CurrentControl As Control) 'BUTTON, CHECKBOX LIST If (TypeOf CurrentControl Is Button) Or (TypeOf CurrentControl Is CheckBoxList) Then TryCast(CurrentControl, WebControl).Enabled = False End If 'TEXTBOX If TypeOf CurrentControl Is TextBox Then CType(TryCast(CurrentControl, WebControl), TextB...

I do not see Tab control in my AJAX Control Toolkit.
First, how do I update my version of the AJAX Control Toolkit to the latest? Second, is there a way to tell what version of AJAX Control Toolkit I have? Third, I do not see the Tab control as one of the available AJAX controls in my Toolbox. Am I missing something? If you just have a reference to the AjaxControlToolkit.dll - you just need to delete it and reference the latest version. If you have a project reference, you'll need to make sure the project is the version you want and rebuild it. You'll also be able to see if the folder for Tabs is there - it should be as I believe it was in ...

AJAX Tab control.
Hi, Does any one know or has an example of how to use AJAX tab control which each tab is using in a separate page.aspx but data can pass thru from one tab to the other? Thanks so much.  Ddee   i don't think that's possible,  because in order for the tab control to load it's own separate .aspx pages, you'd have to load them into an iframe defined within each tab.  with doing it this way, I'm fairly certain passing data between the tabs won't work, because inhernently the iframes are almost like having x number of browser windows open. One&nbs...

Ajax Tab Control
In a FormView control I have inserted the control ajax Tab with within a series of textbox that they take the value es. <%#Bind (“pippo”) %>. all the values come lost when I execute the save data. you can help me? example: <asp:FormView ID="FormView1" runat="server" DataSourceID="ObjectDataSource1"> <EditItemTemplate> <table width="1000" style="border-right: #cccccc 1pt solid; border-top: #cccccc 1pt solid; border-left: #cccccc 1pt solid; border-bottom: #cccccc 1pt solid"> <tr> <td> ...................... .................. ..... <...

Web resources about - Ajax Tab Control with Sub Tabs - asp.net.ajax-ui

Situation “Stable and under Control”: Anti-terror Chief
Armed police take part in an anti-terror drill in Fuzhou, East China's Fujian province, June 10, 2014. [Photo: asianewsphoto.com] A senior Chinese ...

Botvat Connected is the first robo-cleaner you can control with your Apple Watch
Let’s face it, a robot vacuum cleaner is fairly hi-tech, but these days we want more. Like the ability to start and stop cleaning cycles with ...

Qualcomm Still A Buy On Cost Controls, Growing Margins: Canaccord
... is “impressed with the long-term technical roadmap” for Qualcomm, and applauds management for its focus on streamlining the business and controlling ...

Moderates gain control in Iran
The vote would provide a boost for President Rouhani's efforts to strengthen ties with the West, reports USA Today.

GOP Debate Implodes Into An Out Of Control Screaming Match
... I not get a response? (raised voice) Wolf: you will get plenty of response...but let's talk about ISIS The moderators never really got control ...

Midday open thread: GOP bills would loosen federal control over public lands for private benefit
... : Two Republicans on the House Committee on Natural Resources— Don Young of Alaska and Raúl Labrador of Idaho— would loosen federal control ...

My resignation will not affect my control in Force India, says Vijay Mallya
My resignation will not affect my control in Force India, says Vijay Mallya - Nothing has changed at Force India: Mallya

Neato's robot vacuum is the first with smartwatch control
We're not sure how useful controlling a robotic vacuum from a smartwatch is, but there's no debating the bragging rights. Neato has revealed ...

4 Reasons Saudi Arabia Can't Control Oil Supply
There is one key principle driving Saudi Arabia to sell shares in Aramco, the world’s largest oil producer, and that is the kingdom desperately ...