Will AJAX Extensions 1.0 (for .NET 2.0) be affected by .NET 3.0?

Hello all,

I have a web server that has a couple of site running using .NET 2.0 with the AJAX Extensions 1.0 (but not the ControlKit) and I need to install another Web App site that uses .NET 3.0.

I need to know if installing .NET 3.0 will affect the sites that currently use 2.0 and the AJAX Extensions 1.0 as these sites are live and any down time would get me in the @~!£$.

If there are issues, are there any work arounds?

Many Thanks in advance

0
adjones1980

The .net Framework 3.0 and 3.5 add features to the .net framework 2.0 so installing the additional framework should not cause any problems.

Silverlight-help
Vb Tips
Space Coast .Net User Group
0
Ken
2/14/2008 4:39:18 PM

Ok, I'll have a go.  May wait until a bit later this evening though when it is quieter!

0
adjones1980

Bad web.config in AJAX.NET 1.0 under .NET 2.0 Express
My setup is MS.NET v2.0 with the C# and Web Express editions of 2005. I also installed the AJAX 1.0 release with the respective toolkit as indicated in the AJAX.NET site. However, when I create a new project I am presented with the usual bare bones default.aspx and the web.config. However the web.config shows a lot of warnings and errors.One of them was being that the "requiredPermission" (or something like that) attribute was not recognized. Somewhere on the net there is a post of a correction to the DotNetConfig.xsd schema file in VS.2005 so I used it and it got rid of THAT warning.&n...

Old AJAX in .NET 1.1 compatibility with .NET framework 2.0. Ajax does not work always ....................
Hello,I have converted the web site from .NET 1.1 to .NET 2.0. Some of the pages in the web site use AJAX which was developed in .NET 1.1Ajax does not work smoothly in .NET 2.0. Do I have to use ATLAS or is there any fix I can use to make the AJAX work ?Please let me know. Many thanks in advance. Nick..........

.NET 3.0 or .NET 2.0?
I'm going to move my exiting software to .net soon. I'm just wondering if I should wait for the .NET 3.0 framework to be released or if I can start with the 2.0 now? I'd say you can go ahead and move your code to .Net 2.0 as .Net 3.0 uses the CLR version 2.0.Basically, .net 3.0 is .net 2.0 PLUS some new features for presentation (GUI), communication and workflow process.  So the compiler as well as the language features used by the 2.0 runtime will be the same in 2.0 and 3.0"Never argue with an idiot; He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experienc...

.Net 2.0 version 1.0.10618.0 AJAX and MaximinValueMessage ERROR
I am using Version 1.0.10618.0 and get the following error.Type 'AjaxControlToolkit.MaskedEditExtender' does not have a public property named 'MaximumValueMessage'. Why does the exmple show this option in the samples and not note it is not found in version 1.010618.0 for .NET 2.0?    "From my point of view, the Jedi are evil!" The samples only show what is available in the latest release. If you upgrade, it should work.  Nice avatar by the way! MCPD - Web Developer Thanks, I wish we could upgrade we are on VS2005 and .NET 2.0. "From my poi...

AJAX 1.0 for .NET 2.0 Question #2
Hello, I'm trying to utilize the AJAX Extensions 1.0 for a .NET 2.0 web application. I have manually added the registrations for assemblies and httphandlers, etc. to the web.config file. When I add a ScriptManager to the Web Form and try running it, I get the following runtime error: The base class includes the field 'ScriptManager1', but its type (System.Web.UI.ScriptManager) is not compatible with the type of control (System.Web.UI.ScriptManager). I'm running Windows XP Pro. Using VS2008 (Prism). I do have the 3.5 Framework installed. Both System.Web.Exten...

Automated cleanup tool to remove the .NET Framework 1.0, 1.1, 2.0, 3.0 and 3.5
"I have posted an updated version of the .NET Framework cleanup tool that now contains support for automatically cleaning up the .NET Framework 1.0, the .NET Framework 1.1, the .NET Framework 2.0, the ..NET Framework 3.0 and the .NET Framework 3.5. This tool automates the manual cleanup steps for the .NET Framework 2.0 that I posted a while ago. These steps have helped solve most of the known .NET Framework 2.0 beta uninstall issues that I know of. In addition, the tool can be useful to return your system to a known (relatively clean) state in case you run into any .NET Framew...

AJAX 1.0 for .NET 2.0 Question
Hello, I'm trying to utilize the AJAX Extensions 1.0 for a .NET 2.0 web application. I have manually added the registrations for assemblies and httphandlers, etc. to the web.config file. When I add a ScriptManager to the Web Form and try running it, I get the following runtime error: The base class includes the field 'ScriptManager1', but its type (System.Web.UI.ScriptManager) is not compatible with the type of control (System.Web.UI.ScriptManager). I'm running Windows XP Pro. Using VS2008 (Prism). I do have the 3.5 Framework installed. Both System.Web...

.NET 2.0 and .NET 3.0 Running parallel
Are there any known issues for both of the frameworks running in parallel on same machine Also searched on the web but would like to know complete reference, before I dirty my hands on the 3.0.Any help is appreciated.regardsRaheel Hussain--------------------------------Blog: http://www.dnfug.com/web/blogs/raheel/URL: http://www.raheelhussain.com/--------------------------------This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. The 2.0 and 3.0 frameworks don't run separately, they run together.  Think of .NET 3.0 as an extension of 2.0, ...

Custom Paging .Net 2.0 to .Net 3.0
 I have a web app written in VS 2005 that uses griviews with custom paging and sorting done as follows. <asp:GridView ID="GridView1" runat="server" AutoGenerateColumns="False" DataKeyNames="rec_id" BorderColor="White" BackColor="White" BorderStyle="Ridge" BorderWidth="2px" CellPadding="3" CellSpacing="1" GridLines="None" AllowPaging="True" AllowSorting="True" PageSize="20" OnSorting="Gvemp_sort&q...

.Net 1.1 with .Net 2.0 virtual directory using AJAX "Sys undefined"
I'm having an issue running an AJAX app I built, I think I might know what the problem might be, but if so, I am not sure how to fix it. The main site is built with 1.1 and new application is 2.0.  I have the new application configured properly (as far as I can tell) in its own app pool, etc..  The app runs just fine (I have other 2.0 apps that run along side the main 1.1), but I am getting an error: "Sys undefined...."  I've checked to enusre the mappings for the .axd extension for this particular VD are pointing to the correct place as ...

How do I enable .NET 2.0 & AJAX 1.0 in VS2008?
I have to build some applications with VS2008 that still target .NET 2.0 and AJAX 1.0 (what we have been using in VS2005). I have created the new project as a .NET 2.0 project, but can't see how to enable AJAX 1.0. How is this done please? Step by step instructions would be ideal. Thanks in advance. Blessings,~A~ In VS 2008, we do not have a separate project type for AJAX Enabled Web site All you have do is add the         <asp:ScriptManager ID="ScriptManager1" runat="server"></asp:ScriptManager> from n...

Web resources about - Will AJAX Extensions 1.0 (for .NET 2.0) be affected by .NET 3.0? - asp.net.ajax-discussion

HNN extension - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... subgroups of G are conjugate (through a given isomorphism) in G' . In terms of the fundamental group in algebraic topology , the HNN extension ...

Obscura Camera 2.0 introduces Photos edit extension and improved photo browser
... launch on iOS. Obscura 2.0 sees the addition of a couple of notable features and the introduction of a new pricing model. Photos edit extension ...

AVG force-installed vulnerable 'broken' Chrome extension
Google Security Research has criticized AVG for "force installing" AVG Web Tuneup, a Chrome extension which could be exploited to reveal "browsing ...

Popular antivirus extension from AVG puts millions of Chrome users in danger
... dangerous than not having any security at all. According to a bug report filed by a Google employee on December 15th, the AVG Web TuneUp extension ...

Sunedison Inc: Can ITC Extension Drive Growth for the Solar Industry?
Industry experts remain divided on the impact of the extension in solar investment tax credit on the solar energy market.

This Chrome extension highlihts weak phrases in your emails to make you sound more confident
“ Just Not Sorry ” is a Google Chrome extension that stops you from casually undermining yourself in emails. It identifies words and phrases ...

Rwandans approve extension of Presidential term
Rwandans voted overwhelmingly to support changes to the constitution that would allow President Paul Kagame to extend his term in office, possibly ...

Solar & Wind Tax Credit Extension, Tesla Model X Deliveries, & Faraday Future
Our latest episode of Cleantech Talk tackled the huge 5-year extension of the solar and wind energy tax credits, Tesla Model X deliveries, and ...

Solar ITC extension will halt installation rush in the US and stabilize global PV market growth, says ...
The US House of Representatives passed an amendment to extend the solar Investment Tax Credit (ITC) on December 16. The extension, which is part ...

Market Brushes Off Russia Sanctions Extension; Crimea Gets Whacked
Crimea-based companies get hammered by sanctions as Washington builds economic wall around former Ukrainian peninsula.