Why My Ajax Enabled Page Do Post Back?!

 Hi There.

I Have My Ajax Anabled Project Which Works Fine In My PC.

But When I Upload That It Doesn't Work.

What's The Matter?

Thanx In Advance

0
ehsansh

Please check this link to configure an existing ASP.NET application.

http://www.asp.net/learn/ajax-videos/video-81.aspx

If you encountered the client 'sys' error meanwhile, please configure the web.config:

    <httpHandlers>
      <remove verb="*" path="*.asmx"/>
      <add verb="*" path="*.asmx" validate="false" type="System.Web.Script.Services.ScriptHandlerFactory, System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35"/>
      <add verb="GET" path="ScriptResource.axd" type="System.Web.Handlers.ScriptResourceHandler" validate="false"/>
    </httpHandlers>
    <compilation debug="true">
      <assemblies>
        <add assembly="System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35"/>
      </assemblies>
    </compilation>

If it can't work, try this:

    <httpHandlers>
      <remove verb="*" path="*.asmx"/>
      <add verb="*" path="*.asmx" validate="false" type="Microsoft.Web.Script.Services.ScriptHandlerFactory, Microsoft.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35"/>
      <add verb="GET" path="ScriptResource.axd" type="Microsoft.Web.Handlers.ScriptResourceHandler" validate="false"/>
    </httpHandlers>
    <compilation debug="true">
      <assemblies>
        <add assembly="Microsoft.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35"/>
      </assemblies>
    </compilation>

Vince Xu
Microsoft Online Community Support
Vince
8/18/2008 1:45:03 AM

If U are using  DNN then add given code

protected
void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e)

{

//cmd update is control in which u click for upload

if (DotNetNuke.Framework.AJAX.IsEnabled())

DotNetNuke.Framework.AJAX.RegisterPostBackControl(cmdUpdate);

}

protected void Page_Init(object sender, EventArgs e)

{

//cmd update is control in which u click for upload

if (DotNetNuke.Framework.AJAX.IsEnabled())

DotNetNuke.Framework.AJAX.RegisterPostBackControl(cmdUpdate);

}

We All move to our original place.
Don't forget.

Imran Baloch
0
imran_ku07

Converting Non Ajax enabled project - to an Ajax enabled
I have a new requirement which needs a calendar control as in the ajax toolkit.But my application is in VS 2005 and is not an ajax enabled project. How difficult is it to convert the project to an ajax enabled one?If it is relatively easy to do it, will the conversion affect the behavior of the other pages within the projectwhich essentially dont use ajax functionality? Can someone please advise ? Hi,Converting your web application to Ajax enabled is very simple. It won't affect the other pages in you application.You can read about it in the following links:How Do I:Add ASP.NET AJAX ...

My AJAX is not AJAXing!
Hi, I was having trouble with a new AJAX enabled code so I tried to just to do a simple test page. I did the simple Label control with button example covered in this tutorial http://www.asp.net/learn/ajax/tutorial-01-cs.aspx I'm having the same problem. Functionalitw-wise it works but the page is refreshing and flickering. That means it's not the code but maybe my set up. I'm using VisualStudio 2005 and the application is currenty .NET 2.0. In VS.NET, I do see the AJAX controls though. What could this be?Thanks,Sam did you install the Ajax extensions? Now, it's AJAXing! I was missing the necessary references in the web.config file. I've added them into my web.config and now everything is working fine!Thanks,Sam...

To AJAX, or not to AJAX?
Some body suggested to me to use AJAX. I figured it's not the brand name detergent nor the Dutch city. So here is what I have and please tell me if it ca be done with ajax, and perhaps point me to some examples, etc. The page contains several GridViews and FormViews that display data using several data calls. (Yeah, there is my first issue. Need to figure out how to cash all that.) This is an application that track work orders, so the top most FV has the user info and summary information of the work order. It is editable and so far it works well. There is also another set of infroamt...

Enabling ajax to a non-ajax-enabled site
I REALLY dont want to start over with all i've done just to enable ajax... i understand that it's a matter of editing my web.config, but i've tried it several times and all i've gotten was build errors.... any chance someone can post an ajax enabled web.config with my parameters in there? I'd sooooooooo appreciate it!! Thanks!     <configuration xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/.NetConfiguration/v2.0"> <appSettings/> <connectionStrings> <add name="ConnectionString" connectionString="Data Source=*removed...

ajax or not to ajax.
Heres a strange one for you. I have a textbox, a button and a gridview on a page. I enter some search text which returns 500 odd records in under a second. When i wrap the gridview in an updatepanel, set its update mode to "conditional" and the trigger to the button the page can take 2-4 seconds to render. I think the problem is down to page redering some how as my progress indicator stops at around the same time as the normal postback would appear. I have also noticed this very behaviour and have come to the conclusion that in cases like this it is better to hand code a XMLHttp call to a webservice. The updatepanel and gridview combination is not very efficient if you have a large number of records.Regards,PrashantDont forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you. Tables aren't known for their lightning fast rendering speeds, in general.  It likely takes just as long to render in a full postback, but you wouldn't notice as much due to the full page refresh.The UpdatePanel mechanism itself isn't going to affect the speed of that.  All it does is retrieve newly rendered HTML and replace the UpdatePanel's div's content with that.  There is no actual post-response rendering overhead caused by an UpdatePanel. Encosia - ASP.NET, AJAX, and more.Latest article: Using complex types to make calling services less… complex Hi, and thanks for the replys. I agree with what your saying but there really is...

Ajax events not working until page posts back
 I have a page that uses an update panel to refresh content.  The problem I am having is that buttons that are inside of the update panel never seem to return from the call they are making when the page loads the first time, but if I click a button outside of the update panel and post the whole page back, the buttons inside of the update panel work fine after that.  Has anyone ever heard of this happening and have any idea what I may be doing wrong?  The update panel is definately going through the events and updating the database etcetera but it just hangs when it finish...

Ajax enable a previously non-ajax-enabled project
I have created a site project within 2005 Visual Studio, this was not ajax-enabled. Now I need to add some ajax enabled control in there, and I see the ajax tools kit controls in my tool box. I was able to drag and drop and code, but the controls do not function. The kit dll files do appear in my bin folder. I have another ajax-enabled project that I started out as ajax site, and I copied the exact same code into this project, it works. So I know it's something with the setup of my old project. How do I make my old project ajax-enabled? I'm sure it's easy, but I don't know ...

Fetch a page ajax with ajax
In the video number 30 presented by Joe Stagner in “How Do I?” videos, just in the beginning he says that we can fetch an existing aspx page into our page. I doing exactly the same right now, but I’m inserting a page with some controls that triggers events against the update panel that contains a repeater control, such as paging events, filtering and ordering data. I’ve tested the repeater’s control page and it’s working perfectly, though when I insert into another page and trigger an event I got an error, which is undefined. I still can see the page rendered in the first time, the problem o...

Ajax UpdatePanel with Master Page (Full Post Back)
Need Help!!  I have implemented the </asp:UpdatePanel> into a stand-alone (no master page) web page and master/content page using C# and Ajax without any problem running through VS2005 and Windows XP in my personal computer. When I upload it to the web server, the stand-alone is running fine but the </asp:UpdatePanel> in the master/content is not working. The master/content page is always going to full post back when I click a button inside the UpdatePanel. I have find out that the problem may be the following. If I run the web page in my personal co...

Page with AJAX controls posts back twice to the server
I have a form containing three AJAX UpdatePanels, two of which contain a pair of listboxes and a pair of buttons, with the third one containing a pair of radio buttons in a radiobutton list and either three CascadingDropDown lists or two CascadingDropDown lists and a textbox depending on which radio button is selected.  The only other control on my form is a button to submit the information on the form to the server. One thing I've noticed is the information gets posted back to the server twice when the button is clicked.  This causes a duplicate record to be written to two ta...

AJAX Master Page, AJAX Web Form and AJAX Client Control Question?
I gues to get the ball rolling I have VS 2008 and I am creating ASP.NET websites. I have programmed with VS 2005 and always had to add AJAX features by hand. Now in VS 2008 you have new templates AJAX Master Page, AJAX Web Form, AJAX Client Behavior, AJAX Client Control, AJAX Client Library, AJAX-embeded WCF Service On these three templates AJAX Master Page, AJAX Web Form and AJAX Client Control. What makes them different from normal templates? Is it just a matter of adding the script manager to the page or is using a AJAX Master Page have a huge benefit over doing individual pages? I have search the net and have not found any good Pros and Cons info on them. Most of the stuff I find is VS 2005 and AJAX Toolkit you install be hand. Can someone please post back info or place to find info on major or minor differences or reasons for using AJAX ones over standard template w/o AJAX.George - (iamtgo3) www.ipdg3.com (AS / CADD / CompTIA A+ Certified / CompTIA Network+ Certified / MCSA / MCP / MCT)Helping Developers and Programmers Find Resources There's no fundamental difference.  The AJAX templates just start you off with a web.config that has all of the needed configuration settings.If you manually updated the web.config of an existing site to use the AJAX extensions, the end result would be the same.Encosia - ASP.NET, AJAX, and more.Latest article: Using complex types to make calling services less… complex gt1329a Thanks for the post back. I figured it was s...

Problem with entire page posting back on an AJAX Cascading Dropdown call
Hello, I have built a page using cascading dropdowns - much like the one posted here:  http://ajax.asp.net/ajaxtoolkit/CascadingDropDown/CascadingDropDown.aspx  Everything works great on the server and on some clients.  On other clients, for whatever reason, an entire page postback is occuring after a selection change in any of the dropdowns.  Has anyone seen this type of thing before or have any idea why it would do this only on some clients?  More importantly, do you have any idea how to avoid or fix it?  Thanks! Brad I haven't looked at the link ye...

After ajax update panel post back page html reformats oddly
Hi recently started noticing that when i do a update panel post back the html code gets reformated sometime it adds codes which should be there in the first place examples are below. these ones just formating change From                                                            <iframe id="XFram...

Fire button click in AJAX cause the whole page post back
I have a javascript  as : document.getElementById('<%=ibtnMyButton.ClientID%>').click();    This button is insde a UpdatePanel.  The above code works fine with ATLAS, it only cause partial rendering, But after I migrate it to AJAX beta, it cause the whole page rendering. How to solve this issue?  Can you post the page here to see what can happen?CheersAlMy BlogMapStats.NETPlease click on 'Mark as Answer' if this post answered your question!...

Problem with paging on a GridView after AJAX-enabled a page
Hello again,I have a GridView on a page that is using paging. I have bound the SelectedIndexChanged and PageIndexChanged of the GridView to a UpdatePanel's Trigger collection (the GridView is outside the UpdatePanel), so that a DropDownList inside the UpdatePanel would be updated with some content after I select an item on the grid. The code for this action is working, however, when I try to change the page on the GridView for the first time, nothing happens, and on the second time I click on anything on the grid, I get a huge script error that, translated to english, reads something lik...

Convert shtml pages to AJAX enabled pages
Splitted from http://forums.asp.net/t/1225618.aspx by moderators XIII Is it possible to convert .shtml pages into ajax enabled.because my web have some .shtml pages with some dyanmic content.  - Suria Prakash,Software DeveloperD'zine Garage Pvt. LtdChennai,TN,India.  Are you talking about server side includes? If yes, just "convert" your shtml pages to aspx. The server side includes are compatible with aspx pages. You can also replace the server side includes by usercontrols if you wish (this is the recommended way)....

Is Ajax features invalid if set an "ajax page" as an "iframe page" of another main page????
  HI Guys: I upgraded my atlas web application to the ajax v1.0 version and found  a series problem: the ajax feature ( "no postback" ) is invalid in an "iframed page"!!  For exsample: I develop an ajax page A------- yes, it has scriptManager , updatepanel, some buttons in it and so on……,  if I open the page in a unique IE brower, everyting works fine , i can savor the amoratic breeze of ajax effects; however , If I open page B where these codes place:  <iframe src=http://page A url   width="700px" height="700px" scrolling="...

After ajax update panel post back page html reformats oddly #2
Hi recently started noticing that when i do a update panel post back the html code gets reformated sometime it adds codes which should be there in the first place examples are below. these ones just formating changeFrom <iframe id="XFrame1" style="display: block; width: 370px; height: 70px" name="XFrame1" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" src="" frameborder="1" noresize scrolling="yes"></iframe> To ...

Full post back occuring on master / content pages with AJAX update panel
Hello, I need some assistance with a problem I am having with the AJAX update panel and master / content pages.  I created a new "AJAX Enabled Web Site" and added a master page and content page.  The master page contains a script manager control with partial page rendering set to true.  The content page has an update panel that contains a simple label and a button.  The button click event fires a method that stores the current date and time to the label.  Since the button is in the update panel, there is not need for conditional updates thus the updatemode of the up...

migrate from ajax-enabled to futures AJAX
Hello,  We have a rather large application that uses paging to display several elements. This is done in an updatepanel. Now my boss comes to me and says that if the user left the default.aspx page while looking at page 3 (in a repeater) and the user clicks Back in their browser it should go back to page 3, instead of page 1 (as it is now, because the repeater gets initialized again).   Anyway, i found that i can do that with Ajax futures July 2007, but i tried to include the elements in our app but i can't get the pageNavigate (from Client history management) to fire. I sta...

Use of Ajax in WebSite which is not Ajax enabled.
How to use Ajax in a web site which is not Ajax enabled. When i tried to implemet the same i recieved an error saying "Sys" not defined. What should i do now.  "Sys is not defined" error - ASP.NET Forumsdid you try to just copy web.config file of a Ajax Enabled Application to your Web Application  which is not Ajax Enabled ??Thanx, [KaushaL] || BloG || Profile || Microsoft MVP"I would love to change the world, but they won’t give me the source code"Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you.This credits that memb...

Is it possible to host AJax enabled and non Ajax enabled websites on the same production server
I have Non Ajax enabled websites hosted on our server and i want to my next web application to be Ajax enabled. Iam just not sure if i will be able to host both sites on the same server i.e Ajax enabled and non Ajax enabled on the same production server.  Iam using ASP.net 2.0 and Visual web developer 2005 express along side sql server 2005 express edition with advanced services.--------------------------------------------------No Project Too Eazy.-------------------------------------------------- Hi Nick Asiimwe, It is possible to host Ajax enabled and non Ajax enabled website...

Ajax(AJAX EXTENSION) and page parsing
anyone can help me i have a problem.i use ajax extension When I save my page's data I get an error stating "Sys.WebForms.PageRequestManagerParserErrorException : The message received from the server could not be parsed. Common causes for this error are when the response is modified by calls to Response.Write(), response filters, httpModules, or server trace is enabled. Details: Error parsing near 'itle||Untitle Page|<script language='ja'.Actually after saving  the data i am showing javascript msg from server side.following is the code<form><asp:ScriptMan...

BUG: Server.Transfer from a non AJAX page to an AJAX page in a different folder
Hi folks,I have some code that was working fine with a previous version of Atlas (v2.0.50727) but when we upgraded it to the release version it causes a HttpUnhandledException to be thrown with a stack trace as follows:at System.Web.UI.Page.HandleError(Exception e)   at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)   at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)   at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest()   at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestWithNoAssert(HttpContext context)   at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context)   at ASP.search_aspx.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context)   at System.Web.HttpServerUtility.ExecuteInternal(IHttpHandler handler, TextWriter writer, Boolean preserveForm, Boolean setPreviousPage, VirtualPath path, VirtualPath filePath, String physPath, Exception error, String queryStringOverride) A summary of the issue: The code in question is a Server.Transfer in the MasterPage code behind which is invoked via a search box in the MasterPage. The target of the Server.Transfer is "~/Search.aspx?keyword=searchterm" If the page using the MasterPage is in the same folder/path (eg ~/About.aspx) then things work fine.  If the page is in a sub folder (eg ~/Reviews/Default.aspx) then the above exception is thrown.I believe...

Web resources about - Why My Ajax Enabled Page Do Post Back?! - asp.net.ajax-discussion

List of NFC-enabled mobile devices - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
On January 27, 2012, Nintendo President Satoru Iwata announced in a briefing that the controller of the Wii U home console will have install ...

Facebook Users Must View Videos, Other Content For 10 Seconds Before Social Sharing Is Enabled
Facebook has implemented a 10-second rule, and we’re not talking about food that was dropped on the floor: In an effort to control social sharing ...

First Facebook Connect-Enabled Social Game for the iPhone Launches
This morning, Zynga launched the first Facebook Connect enabled social game for the iPhone , Live Poker. From the Facebook perspective, Live ...

oSnap Voice Enabled Camera for iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPod touch (3rd generation), iPod touch ...
Get oSnap Voice Enabled Camera on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

iPhone: Emoji Keyboard enabled - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
... first four of six pages of the first tab (the smiley). Add to that a number of pages each for the »flower«, »bell«, »car« and »!?#«. I enabled ...

RFID-enabled Coffeemaker "Juraduino" Jura Impressa S95 and Arduino - YouTube
Final project video about my RFID-enabled coffeemaker with timestamp logging and bluetooth data export functionality. This is NOT a tutorial! ...

The economic agenda of A/NZ needs to be cyber-enabled: Cisco
ARNnet The economic agenda of A/NZ needs to be cyber-enabled: Cisco ARNnet Sign up to gain exclusive access to email subscriptions, event ...

Jimmy Savile child abuse investigation shows the power of celebrity enabled stars to be predators
The power of celebrity in modern culture means that predatory child abusers may still lurk in the BBC – or similar organisations – undetected, ...

Create Custom, High-Performance Video Walls with New Matrox Mura MPX-enabled Solutions from Advantech ...
CSO Australia - News, Industry Blogs, Tools and Resources for Data Security Executives

Hollywood enabled Charlie Sheen's self-destructive behaviour
Charlie Sheen's announcement he has HIV is only the latest in a long string of troubling stories about the actor.