Using ALTAS to Send Email (Email Form)

Hello all.

I have yet to find anywhere an example on how one might use the underlying ATLAS API (not the fancy controls that come with it) to send a simple email from a simple webform.

Can anyone point one out for me? Or maybe someone has an example tucked away somewhere that they might want to let out ino the public?

Thanks,
Andrew

0
andrew_

There is nothing special about sending e-mail with "Atlas". On the client you can use a link with the "mailto:" pseudo protocol, to fire up the default e-mail client. See mailto protocol for more information.

On the server you can use the features in the System.Web.Mail namespace to send mail. A code sample is available here.

Hope this helps,
-- Karsten
0
kschneider
6/7/2006 12:56:12 AM

I think you misunderstood the question. I figured it out nonetheless.

For anyone who happens upon this topic. Check out the tutorials in the msdn atlas docs. You're looking for the one which explains how to use a web service with hello world. Write your email routines in the webservice and use a js function to fire off the email routine async.

0
andrew_

A problem to send email using Smtp
I have a proble to send an email from asp.net I do the following code to send an email: MailMessage mail=new MailMessage(); mail.From="test@server.com"; mail.To="myemailaddress@server.com"; mail.BodyFormat=MailFormat.Html; mail.Subject="testing..."; mail.Body="cool"; SmtpMail.SmtpServer="localhost"; SmtpMail.Send(mail); But I dont' receive an email when I use this method. Why is that? How can I send an email? Thanks in advance! check and see if.. -your client-side code has no errors -you imported the S...

Send Email from form using system.net.mail
Please see code behind below. This my message is being received by only with hard coded text of subject with no body.  How do I correct my syntax so that the information is passed from form fields to email message?  The form data is being inserted into the db and redirected to .aspx page.  Just need to get data from for fields to message.  -------------------------------------------- Imports System.Net.MailPartial Class apps_contactpage Inherits System.Web.UI.PageSub Send2Mail(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As FormViewInsertedEventArgs) 'create the mail...

Creating Email Alias which would send email to select email accounts using HMC 4.0
Hello all,   I was wondering what is the best method of creating a email alias in exchange 2007. I tried using exchange 2007 console, but it seems the only way is to add the smtp address to each user. I did try a group, but it add's the default smtp address which I do not want there, and it complains when I try to remove it. I was wondering if there is a way from provision or exchange console....

Sending Email with Net.Mail (No Email, no error)
hi,i'm using the system.net.Mail namespace to send an email from my application. when i send, the application does not fire any exception, neither does it send the email to my account.below is the code i'm using  Dim mmailMessage As New Net.Mail.MailMessage Dim mFrom As New Net.Mail.MailAddress(mailFrom) mmailMessage.From = mFrom Dim ll As String = "myname@ourmail.com" mmailMessage.To.Add(ll) mmailMessage.Subject = "Talk Concerns" mmailMessage.Body = "Testing Concerns One Two" Dim ...

Using Email Interface
Hi-- I recently set up a version of Bugzilla for my company (v 3.0.2) and I want to use the email interface so I can submit bugs via email. I know how to format an email in order to do this, but I don't know what email address to send it to. Where do I find this email address/how can I set it up? Thanks rmandal@gmail.com wrote: > Hi-- > > I recently set up a version of Bugzilla for my company (v 3.0.2) and I > want to use the email interface so I can submit bugs via email. I know > how to format an email in order to do this, but I don't know what &g...

how we can use ajax in form submit option using email component?
hi, plz anyone know?? my home page   In the future it would help if you put the question in the body of the text too and not just in the title! What do you mean by email component? [Some serverside code?]Eric Pascarello.com | Twitter epascarello | LinkedIn thanks, What do you mean by email component? SMTP / POP3 Visual Basic (VB .NET) email component library uses a simple API to send and receive mail, including HTML and MIME attachments, from an application...

sending email using a form
 Hello ,I created a contact us page where the user should be able to send me their comments to email account but I need a little help.This is my code . I'm not sure if its the right way of writing it beacuse what I did was taking the code that was written in VB and change it to C#. So if you notice anything wrong please inform me.     private void SendMail(string from, string body)    {        string mailServerName = "www.servername.com";        MailMessage message = ne...

Sending an email using .net
Hi, I am using SMTP Mail object in vb.net to send off an email. Everything works fine most of the times but sporadically it sends the same messsage more than one time. It creates a lot of confusion to the users. I debugged the application and the line "clsMail.Send(clsMailMessage)', where clsMail is an object of SmtpMail and clsMailMessage is an object of MailMessage, runs only once but still my inbox has same email more than once. Please suggest me . Regards, Prerak Are you sure that you are not submiting your page multiple times or refreshing the page?Pandora Tomorrow ...

hide email addresses from email after using smtp.send()
hello , I have some kind of subscribe feature , the emails are saved in database so am using a sqldatareader and a loop , inside loop am adding the emails with msg.to.add() , but what is happening that all the emails are being shown ( in the to place) when a subscriber receives an email , but I dont want that , cause the subscriber shall not know email addresses of other subscribers , how to fix this thing ?!? thanks alot place all the recipients on the BCC of the email. this prevents them from seeing the email of other BCC recipients  Mike Banavige~~~~~~~~~~~~Need...

Use the email adress in the users profile to send an email
Hi, hope you cn help me. I am using the createuserwizard to create new users. In this template the users are asked for their email adress. All is working fine, but how can I use the email adress the user entered during registration later in a session to send him an email? I thought just "profile.email", but its wrong.   Hope you can help me, Chrissi Hi Chrissi, When you use the CreateUserWizard, you're creating a user through the current membership provider, which is different than Profiles.  To get a user's email, tryDim myUser As System.Web.Security.Mem...

Sending HTML Email Using EMAIL::MIME::CreateHTML
------_=_NextPart_001_01C7D5F2.CEEC49EF Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I am using the Email::MIME:CreateHTML module to send html formatted emails. It all works fine until I try to change the "To" line to a scalar so that I can mass mail to different individuals. Has anyone used this module in a manner like this before? Thanks, my $email =3D travis_hervey@georgetowncollege.edu; while(<DAT>) { $line =3D TRIM($_); $html =3D $html . $_; if($line eq "</b...

Sending Email using HTML file as Emailbody using Net.Mail.MailMessage... Please help
Hi all I can send emails with text or html emailbody using asp.net, but cannot find any method or example so far on the web to show how to use an html file as an emailbody. I have tried everything. I know how to do it with the old asp. I have created a html document for example newsletter.html. I want this document to be in the email body when the client opens the email. It must not load from another url. I suppose what i want to do is embed it into the email.Any help or examples will be appreciated as this is quite urgent for me to implement it for my client.  This is the code im ...

Sending Email using net.mail
Hi, I have an email class using net.mail. I want to be able to send multiple emails for weekly newsletters. I add recipients using AddRecipeint method then build the recipient list using BuildRecipientList(). This all works fine, however the problem is that each email displays all recipients in the To: address list. Obviously I only want to have the recipients email shown. Can anyone tell me how to hide all other recipients except the reciever or if there is a better way of sending to multiple users?        public void AddRecipient(string EmailAddress)  &nb...

how to get the correct email format when sending email using sqldatareader
I'm getting the email address from an excel sheet.But i need to send the email to multiple peopleWhen printing the below i geta@a.com;b@b.com;; But i want a@a.com;b@b.com; i don't need the extra semicolon Thanks code below------ while (oledr.Read()) { smail = oledr[0].ToString() + ";" + "<br>";   //smail += oledr[0].ToString() & ";"; //mail.To.Add(smail); //this.Label1.Text = smail; Response.Write(smail); }   If oledr[0].ToString() contains only one email address (and not a few), then you can do it this way:while (oled...

Web resources about - Using ALTAS to Send Email (Email Form) - asp.net.ajax-discussion

Engadget giveaway: Win an Apple Watch Sport and Aim fitness tracker courtesy of Skulpt!
If you're experiencing a sense of deja vu, don't worry, we're giving everyone another chance to win one of these health-focused packages for ...

2 Men Charged in Church Attack Plot Plead Not Guilty
2 Virginia men accused of plotting to attack synagogues, black churches plead not guilty

The Golden Globe Nominees Have Been Announced
The nominees for the Golden Globes are officially in! The awards show, which is to be held on January 10, has 25 different categories. “Carol” ...

Texas Appeals Court Reinstates Convictions Of Hateful, Violent Gay Pride Protesters – VIDEO
Free speech and religious expression apparently have their limits, even for Baptists protesting gay Pride parades in Fort Worth. A Texas appeals ...

1 After Another, Chicago Police Videos Made Public
Under a national spotlight, Chicago releases video after video showing police encounters

iPhone 6s Smart Battery Case teardown takes us beneath the bump
It’s not too surprising that Apple’s new iPhone 6s Smart Case isn’t made to be easily opened for repairs. To get inside for its usual teardown ...

Facebook Bends To Publishers, Tweaks Instant Articles Advertising
Facebook is changing the advertising policies for its Instant Articles platform, after publishers said restrictions made it too difficult for ...

The top 10 most-watched YouTube videos of 2015
The streaming site has released its list of the most popular clips of the year

Guns In Dorms: Liberty University Will Allow Students To Keep Guns In Their Rooms
Liberty University will soon begin allowing guns in dorms and rescinding a rule that prohibits students to bring guns into their living quarters. ...

Climate change assessment models need broader context
Multi-actor integrated assessment models based on well-being concepts beyond GDP could support policymakers by highlighting the interrelation ...