Using Ajax Web Projects with WAP projects and WSP Projects

Ok, here's the scoop.  We are using VB.NET and all WAP projects that are running over a .NET 2.0 framework. I guess this place did some sort of conversion with their .NET 1.1 WAP projects so that now it can compile and use the .NET 2.0 framework and so we thank goodness are using at least VS 2005.

With that, I have some questions and concerns.

 1) If and when we ever try to move our projects from the format of WAP to WSP, can you run both types side by side in the same environment and utilize assemblies from eacy type of web project?

2) Can you run an Ajax Web Project side by side with WAP?  Can you run it side by side if you have mixed WAP and WSP projects?

My assumption is no that 1 and 2 can cause issues going forward, but I could be completely wrong since I do not have a clue.  I would assume when you decide to convert your WAP structure to WSP, it's required that you do all of them in one big swoop?

I need to know if it's "safe" to start using .NET Ajax projects to live with our existing WAP projects running in the .NET 2.0 framework and then what if we convert the WAP to WSP and also have existing .NET Ajax projects...what could be the threats here if any?

When is Microsoft going to get rid of VB.NET!
0
dba123

Converting an existing web project to an Ajax web project
Does anyone know what is the easiest way to convert an existing web project in Visual Studio 2005 to an Ajax 1.0 toolkit enabled web project.  Is it as simple as copying some files into the bin directory or is it more complicated?  Any feedback or tutorials would be appreciated.   Thanks,  BC  Remember to mark any post that is helpful as an answer and change posts status to Resolved to help others in the future. cheers,BChttp://voidimpossible.com   Very useful video http://www.asp.net/learn/videos/view.aspx?tabid=63&id=81 you wil...

VS 2005 SP1 + .NET AJAX => automatically adds web.config in nested Web Application Project when opening project or solution
I get a 'Configuration Error' on an aspx page because VS added automatically a web.config to my nested Web Application Project where no web.config file should be. This effect I have noticed since I have installed SP1 and .NET AJAX Extensions. Why is VS 2005 adding the web.config file and how can I disable this behavior? Following is the content of the automatically added web.config file (comments omitted): <?xml version="1.0"?><configuration>    <appSettings/>    <connectionStrings/>    <system.web> &...

How to enable ajax (Use AJAX Controls) in my Web Control Library project
I have VS2005 with Ajax extended controls.   i have created a Web Control Library project, but i want to use ajax controls. is it possible.   I do not want to create a ajax enabled web site, but looking if any possible in my web control library project.   Please let me know and thanks in advance. D Hi, Yes. If you want to create User Control which contains a lot of web controls and Ajax control, you can create an User Control with Ajax Control to achieve it. If you want to create a Custom Control with Ajax, I suggest you build a new Extender. Please check the...

Should I create a project using the AJAX toolkit or just standard Project
We have an existing WAP project.  I want to add AJAX ability to it. Should I 1) Create an entirely new project using the AJAX tool kit by doing a File | New Website | AJAX Control Toolkit Website 2) Create a project in VS 2005 by going to File | New | Project | ASP.NET AJAX Control Project  I guess I don't understand if I do need to create a new project using the AJAX option or if there is a standard way to AJAX enable an existing WAP project you have had that is running on the .NET 2.0 framework.  I mean, must I create a completely new AJAX project to talk to my current p...

Webservice problem with Ajax Enabled Web Application Project with sub projects
I have an Ajax Enabled Web Application Project with sub projects.  I am having a problem which I can't seem to resolve. I can add a web reference to the main project (i.e. the root) . However I can't seem to do the same for the sub projects . When I add a reference to the subproject, It seems to add it okay ,however when I try to use it intellisense on the page shows that it is not defined. So I click update web reference to make it available but I receive the error  "custom tool 'MSDiscoCodeGenerator failed'  Object reference not set to an instant of an o...

Web Application Projects vs. Web Site Project- Where is Copy Project?
I have opted to use the Web App Project in 2005 (The 2003 Model)http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/asp.net/aa336618.aspxWhy is the copy project missing when this model is used? It was there in 2003?Thank you,Patrick http://www.SURFThru.com   SURFThru.com I wanted to bump this topic again to see if any Microsoft techs had any input on this item.SURFThru.com...

How to use web deployment projects with multiple web application projects.
I followed the guide on this page http://support.microsoft.com/kb/307467 "How To Create an ASP.NET Application from Multiple Projects for Team Development" and I now have my main app at the root of the application and I have all of the sub applications as sub directories of the root application.  It all works great when I do a normal debug build or a normal publish.  The problem is that I have nested sitemaps, nested master pages, and of course, nested web.config files.  Basically the root app has a master page, sitemap, and web.config file and each child app ...

Problem in converting Ajax based web site to Ajax based web application project
hi, i faced a problem in converting Ajax based web site project to Ajax based web application project  .i got  build errors of script manager,update panel,update progress whereever i use these controls in my applocation even i have already added all the respective dll files needed for this     In vplayer.designer.cs declaration of class as folllowing way:   public partial class VPlayer { protected System.Web.UI.ScriptManager scriptmanager1; protected System.Web.UI.UpdatePanel UpdatePanel1; protected System.Web.UI.UpdateProgress Updat...

How to deploy web project in VS 2005 using web setup project
I have developed a new .NET Web application in C#. It is working find in localhost, i want to deploy the application to the production server. Please let me know what are the steps i need to follow to create an MSI file with VS.NET Installer in VS 2005. When i am trying to create a websetup project with a new solution option, it is not giving me the primary output file selection, i mean to say i am not at all getting the list of resources to select in the drop down list and also my project in the projects drop down list. Please some boyd help me and tell me is there any thing need to be done...

How can I use c# 's project web server control on a vb.net project....Help Please
Hi       I am using a server control in a C# project in an aspx file. It works fine when I use that in that same c# project. But when I import the assembly into a vb project and place the control on the page. Its giving me a System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. error message. Please help me with it, I cant even debug it as soon as I land on the aspx page this error appears. Please help me in getting through with this message. I have spend two days working on it. Its giving me an error message on this line this.t...

Deploy project using Web Setup Project
Is there any way to set the version of .Net that the virtual direstory uses? When the msi from the Web Setup Project creates the virtual directory it seems to just set the .Net version to the version that the web site that the vertual directory was installed under....

Why cannot use a project namespace in a web project in vs2005 ??
Windows Forms projects have a default project namespace option, so all the classes in a winfom project are in a common namespace.But I cannot find this options in a web project ! Classes in aspx and aspx.cs files cannot be included in a project namespace. I read that I can install a web application add-on. But when I install "WebApplicationProjectSetup.msi", It says I need istall "VS80-KB915364-X86-ENU.exe", but when I install "VS80-KB915364-X86-ENU.exe", it says cannot find program to update or the version is different!I use Chinese simplified language ver...

How can I use a project namespace in web project???
In a windows form project, all classes are within a default project namespace, but in a web project, aspx page classes cannot be in a namespace. I cannot find the way.when I read the tutorial "Working with Data and ASP.NET 2.0: ASP.NET Web: The Official Microsoft ASP.NET 2.0 Site", I find that a typed dataset's class can't be included in namespace, either.what's wrong ??? It's because you are compiling your code at runtime instead of compile time.  To use a namespace you can put them in the App_Code directory or you can change your website project to an ...

Benefits of creating a Web Deployment project for a Setup project for a website vs a Web Setup project
I'm creating an installer for a website.The only thing I require as input from the user (in Custom Actions) is settings for the web.config. My initial approach was to create a Deployment project from my web project ans use this as input to the Setup project.Couldn't I use a Web Setup project instead of a Web Deployment + Setup project to do the same thing?Issues I have found with the Web Deployment is that I cannot edit it's contents at installation time, I'm taking user input at installation time to write to the web.config that the Installer uses but of course this file is embedded in the W...

Web resources about - Using Ajax Web Projects with WAP projects and WSP Projects - asp.net.ajax-discussion

The Project Shrink - Welcome To Shrinkonia.
... about the importance of the environment we work in and the stories we tell, we should have a Set Designer and a Storyteller on our projects. ...

Better Projects
I think this book by Tobias is beautifully written. There is real craftmanship in the prose here. The book is made up of independent self contained ...

Project Gutenberg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Most of the items in its collection are the full texts of public domain books . The project tries to make these as free as possible, in long-lasting, ...

Wrike Rises Above Other Project Management Software After Testing
Over the last year I had occasion to look at and purchase Task and Project Management software. I had several folks on different teams sign up ...

Get trained for a career in project management for $39
... change can be daunting—and expensive, when you’re starting your training from scratch. So if you’ve been thinking about a new career in project ...

Future Islands side project The Snails release Christmas song, playing shows
Future Islands singer Samuel T. Herring and guitarist/bassist William Cashion have another band called The Snails (not to be confused with the ...

Actress Lake Bell, first female voice of the iPhone, is taking over Hollywood one project at a time
... the time to direct, but the problem that I have just personally is that there are only so many years in my life to dedicate to certain projects. ...

Apple & SunPower Collaborating On 170 MW Solar Power Project In Mongolia
Three solar power projects with a combined capacity of 170 MW are being constructed by Zhonghuan Energy in the northern Chinese territory of ...

Retired Prof Hates Israel So Much She Won’t Help 13 Year Old With School Project
Retired Prof Hates Israel So Much She Won’t Help 13 Year Old With School Project

Sander/Moses Inks Deal With NBCU Int’l TV, Sells Projects To Amazon & ABC
Producers Ian Sander and Moses ( Ghost Whisperer, Reckless, Profiler ) have signed a first-look deal with NBC Universal International TV Production. ...