Using AJAX Drag Panel for Drag Drop

 Hi Guys,

Need some help regarding ASP.net Ajax control toolkit DragPanel. Is there any way that i can accomplish drag and drop. The scene goes like this

I have to create new controls by dragging and dropping.

There is a left  panel from where i pick a control  lets just say an HTMLInputText

Then i drop it on left panel

On Dropping, it should create a new control in panel and add it to panel like OnDropIntoPanel = {new ObjHtmlInputText ; LeftPanel.Controls.Add(ObjHtmlInputText). The Ondrop will fire a server side subroutine that will return me an object oh Html that will be added tp panel.

The problem with  Dragpanel is that it can be dragged anywhere with no drop target. That is the position is not controllable. it can be just moved anywhere.

Is there a way to inherit it and then modify it to make it drag and drop with some ondrop functionality

 Im using VS2008

0
himanshu110

Drag and Drop using VS.NET 2008 AJAX
 I am creating form designer editor something like .NET. I want to drag and drop controls from the tool box to the editor and any whare in editor also. And controls are generating dynamically. For this I am using VS.NET 2008 AJAX. 1. Is it possible that I will not use any javascript, these whole things will do by AJAX itself because we want some server side events also.2. If it is possible then how will I save this whole form and how will I open again in edit mode.If you are satisfied with this answer, Please click on "Mark As Answer" button.  I am waiting for reply If ...

Drag Drop using Ajax
Hi, Can anybody worked on Drag Drop functionality.I have found help for Atlas but I need using latest  Ajax Library.Please help me out . Thanks, Satish Varma     Hi Satish Varma, Take a look at this link it will show you how to implement drag and drop :  http://www.asp.net/learn/videos/view.aspx?tabid=63&id=90 Regards,Dennis van de Laarhttp://dennisv.net/Don't forget to mark the most helpful reply/replies as Answer. ...

Using Ajax and Atlas for drag and drop
Hi I would like to create functionality that would enable users to drag and drop files into specific areas within a calendar "organiser" interface.  I currently have a CMS system that has asp as a front end and MS sql server 2005 as backend. Would it be possible to build a tool using Ajax and Atlas and then integrate the tool into this CMS system ? Does anyone know of an existing tool either proprietary or open source that could help me implement this ? Regards Chris      Hi,Take a look at this article: Drag and Drop with ASP.NET AJAX.Grz...

Drag and drop a panel on Ajax TabPanel
Hi  I have this specific requirement of creating panels(like weather, news etc.) inside a panel and then dragging and dropping these panels on a Ajax TabPanel. When a panel is dropped on a particular Tab of Tab Panel then the conetents of that panel should be displayed in the Tab. Eg. User selects the Weather Panel and drops it on a Tab of Ajax Tab Panel then that Tab should open up and show the contents of weather. I habe been able to drag and drop the panel on a Tab  of Tab Panel but have not been able to display the contents of the panel on teh Tab. Please help me out. Than...

.NET AJAX Drag-and-Drop ordered list
Does anyone have a good async example or tips on how to make this work? I can't find any. Hi,I suggest you write it by yourself.Maybe you can start at http://www.asp.net/AJAX/AjaxControlToolkit/Samples/DragPanel/DragPanel.aspxBest Regards, Sincerely,Jin-Yu YinMicrosoft Online Community Support...

Drag And Drop using Ajax Listbox Extender.
Helllo,Can anybody help me regarding this problem? I have a web form in which there are 2 list boxes are there by name L1 and L2.So the L1 and L2 are binded by database values. So i need to drag the item from L1 to L2 and Vice versa using Ajax. So can any one help me regarding this problem? Please provide some reference materials or  links for this problems.Thank you.  Please don't forget to mark the post as Answer, that helps you.Thank you.  Are you using the Ajax Controls and Extenders project from Codeplex? There was a release on may 6th. You might want to check...

Using the drag panel extender to make a drag and drop shopping cart
Hi all,I'm trying to make a product catalogue which will allow me to drag pictures of items into a panel which represents a customer's cart. Problem is, as far as I can work out, using the toolkit drag panel extender, there's no way to do the following:On drag start - Create an opaque copy of the products image to represent the item being draggedOn Drop - Call a method that adds a product to the cart by its id             - hide the opaque picture Does anyone know if this or even part of this can be done using the ajax toolkit?...

Ajax Drag Drop Panel Like WindowsLive Site.
Hi All, One of my client want to impliment the features that are existing on http://www.live.com/ site like drag and drop of panels on the home page to organize the area. I know which can be possible in VS2005 using Atlas controls. I need this to be implimented in VS2003. If any one have any idea of implimenting this feature. please let me know at the earliest possible. gyanchand.   Check out ComponentArt.com.. Their WebUI suite has a lot of great AJAX-style controls that can help you do a lot of stuff, including drag and drop. You can get the entire suite for $1,0...

Need Help regarding the Drag And Drop using Ajax.
 Hello,I am developing a web application in which i need an option to Drag and Drop,The scenario is, I will be having 2 Listboxes, like Lst1, and Lst2.So iwill bind the data fron the database to both the listboxes. So i need a feature such that, user can drag one item form the Lst1 and drop it to Lst2, or vice versa.So, any can provide me the details like how this should be done and Please provide any links or sample example similer to this.Thank you for all the members of the forum.Sudheendra Please don't forget to mark the post as Answer, that helps you.Thank you.  Ch...

Drag and drop between two list boxes in AJAX.net
 Is it possible to have a drag and drop between two list boxes?? If so, can someone point me to a good example?2 wrongs don't make a right - but three lefts do This is close: http://aspalliance.com/1300_Custom_Client_Side_Drag_and_Drop_Behavior_in_ASPNET_AJAX.4.  You should be able to fit the concept into a ListBox.  In the end you are still going to need to move another element such as a DIV to show the drag action from one box to the other. -DamienVisoft, Inc - Home | Blogs Latest Blog Post: SQL 2008 x64 and VS2008 SP1  Thanks - I will check that out.  I w...

Drag and Drop between List box Controls using c# with ajax
Hi,      I have 2 list boxes in which I need to move selected items from one list box to the other by dragging and dropping. I need it in c# using ajax.   AnandAnand anandarokiaraj: Hi, I have 2 list boxes in which I need to move selected items from one list box to the other by dragging and dropping. I need it in c# using ajax. Anand Hi anandarokiaraj, Have a look at this article, I think you will find what you need in it. How to Drag and Drop in JavaScripthttp://www.webreference.com/programming/javascript/mk/column2/ Best Regards,Shengqing YangPlea...

Drag and Drop standard controls using ajax control toolkit
Hi, Could anyone please let me know is there any way to drag and drop a component, like the user should be able to drag and drop a control( dragging a textbox and dropping onto a table)? Thank you You can't add AjaxControlToolkit-Framework3.5 Extenders directly on the design surface. For example - if you want to add Calendar Extender, first add TextBox on the design surface and click on "Add Extender..." and choose Calendar in new popup menu: Thanks for your reply. The sample you gave is fine but i would like the users to drag and drop the controls a...

WebPart Drag and Drop in firefox using the latest AJAX Extensions?
I'm trying to update my mojoPortal project to use the latest AJAX Extensions but getting build errors due to API changes since Atlas.What happened to  Microsoft.Web.UI.Controls.WebParts.WebPartManagerandMicrosoft.Web.UI.Controls.WebParts.WebPartZone??Anyone know what I need to change to get this working again?Thanks,Joe http://www.joeaudette.comhttp://www.mojoportal.com I found it, its been moved into the Microsoft.Web.Preview.UI namespace which is in a separate download that gives you Microsoft.Web.Preview.dllhttp://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=D7101C1A-5993...

Is it possible to use AJAX to drag and drop and "draw" lines.
Hi I am trying to create an application where the user is able to drag and drop images (routers and switches) onto a place holder and then get the user to add "cables" or lines to connect the images. Is this possible? Thanks  Chris Dragpanelextender and resizableextender could be used for some parts of this. However I think you will find it easier to just use the toolkit source code as a reference (e.g. dragpanelextender source for the dragging part) and do it using the MSFT ajax library (http://asp.net/AJAX/Documentation/Live/ClientReference/defau...

Web resources about - Using AJAX Drag Panel for Drag Drop - asp.net.ajax-discussion

Clinton, Sanders Expected to Clash in S.C.
CHARLESTON, S.C. – Since October, the Democratic presidential contenders have contrasted their positions with powder-puff niceties during televised ...

Microsoft updates support policy: new CPUs will require Windows 10, a list of preferred devices will ...
Ed Bott / ZDNet : Microsoft updates support policy: new CPUs will require Windows 10, a list of preferred devices will support older Windows ...

Leonardo DiCaprio, Tom Hardy celebrate Oscar nominations at ‘The Revenant’s London premiere
Cast and crew of 'The Revenant' including Leonardo DiCaprio, Tom Hardy, director Alejandro González Iñárritu and others celebrated their 12 Oscar ...

Chipotle Will Close Stores for Food Safety Meetings After Outbreaks
All Chipotle restaurants will open later than usual on Feb. 8 so employees can discuss safety changes, the chain said.

Warehouse worker takes third of Powerball jackpot
Concord Monitor Warehouse worker takes third of Powerball jackpot Concord Monitor John Robinson, left, brings in the family dog, Abby, as ...

El Chapo Reportedly Had Time for Erectile Disfunction Surgery While on the Run
After escaping from prison last summer, Mexico’s most powerful drug lord Joaquin “El Chapo” Guzman surely found himself with a busy schedule ...

Al Qaeda Targets Westerners in Burkina Faso: 20 Reported Dead
Terror has once again fallen upon the nation of Africa. Only a week after the Islamic State took credit for a series of attacks on popular resorts ...

'Prison Break' Revival Ordered Straight to Series
It’s really official – Prison Break is coming back. While Fox ordered a pilot episode back in the summer, the network just announced that the ...

Meet Jeb Bush’s police state: The NSA in charge of civilian data
Given the various recent terrorist attacks, it’s no wonder that hackers , cybersecurity, encryption and surveillance are all major topics of ...

French drug trial turns disastrous, leaving 1 brain dead and 5 hospitalized
Health Minister Marisol Touraine, pictured, told reporters that she was overwhelmed by the distress of the harmed volunteers. "Their lives have ...