To display data we can use JSON return from WS, but what about edit a list of data and post back, what should be used on client side?

I remember there were a full client side demo back to the ATLAS age, I need edit a list of rows on client side, and post back when all done, What should I do in this case?

thanks

0
wyx2000

The easiest method is using gridview in updatepanel.

Please check out this link for more information: http://www.asp.net/AJAX/Documentation/Live/tutorials/UsingUpdatePanelControls.aspx

Best Regards,

Sincerely,
Jin-Yu Yin
Microsoft Online Community Support
0
Jin
9/20/2007 9:28:17 AM

I use updatepanel in some places. It is good to save data without page post back. But what I need now is a way to do multi client side edit before post back. If I send data back before post back, I have to create temporary server side objects to save them, right?

0
wyx2000

no data coming back from DropDownList on post-back when populating one the client-side using cascadingdropdown extenders
Hi,  I have several DropDownLists that get populated on my page using cascadingdropdown extenders wired up to some web service methods. The cascadingdropdown extenders are working fine, and data from the web service correctly populates the dropdownlists. But my problem is when the page gets posted back to the server the dropdownlists no longer contain the data that they were populated with on the client side.Is there something special I need to do to transfer the client state back to the  server? Here is my code:   1 <table cellpadding="0" cellspacing=&qu...

displaying data using data list -
I am using a data list which is connected to a sql express database One of the colums in my database is a contains a lot of text - up to 500 characters. In the data list on the main page, I just want to display say the first 200 characters. The visitor can then click on a basic link to read the full summary.  I am not sure how this can be acheived. Appreciate any advice   you need to use left( sql function like this : assume we need to get the first 200 char of the article body, use this query:  "SELECT ArticleId,Title, LEFT(Body, 200) +'...&#...

how to htmlencode data when using data controls to display data
Hi Lets say you are displaying a colllection of records in a gridview and you want to make sure all of the rows and columns are html encoded before you display them, how can can you get the gridview to do this automatically? I don't want to have to create a template for each bound column. Thanks very much andrea Hi Andrea, I believe there is a "HtmlEncode" property on each column that you can set.  By default I believe it is set to true.  You can pull up the column editor by selecting the "edit columns" task, and then select the columns in the botton left of the dialog to see...

Can we use Data Grid in Data list Item Template ?
Dear MembersI want to generate a Template using DataList and i want to user Gridcontrol in the item template, is it possible. if yes need someexplanation regarding data binding of grid control in the data list.Best RegardsShahid Saleem Definitely. But, however, you could not accesse the nesting DataGrid directly from the code. You have to locate the DataGrid control in the DataList first. It can be done in the ItemDataBound event of the parent DataList.DataGrid nestingGrid = (DataGrid)e.Item.FindControl("nestingGridID");nestingGrid.DataSource = ds.Tables[0];nestingGrid.DataBind();You can r...

how to use business entities in business logic and data access layers when object data source is used?Here is my code can somebody pls help me in using business entities to select,insert ,update and d
Hi, I am new to dot net ,can someone please help me in how to use business entites in dataccesslayer and businesslogiclayer. I should not use dataset instead i should use business entites to get all the links,I am posting my code here,i am posting my business entites and dataaccess layer and business logic layer.Also I have a question regarding event handlers ,how to use that using grid view.Please can any reply as soon as possible.Here is the code:   Business Entities:  namespace UsefulLinkEntity { public class UsefulLinkEntity {public string strdp_Title...

Can I use ADO.NET Data Services with Dynamic Data Websites?
I would like to use Dynamic Data Websites with the proxy class generated from WebDataGen.exe.  Is this possible?  Also, does the SchemaCreator class support the Provider model? In the current CTP, Dynamic Data only supports Linq To Sql models.  In th next release, it will also support Entity Framework models.  However, it won't directly support ADO.NET data services, though we are looking at this scenario for a later release. thanks,David...

displaying data using data list but confused / master detail
I am building a website using VWD, C Sharp and Sql express.and binding data with the object data source On the main page it shows various categories of foods displayedusing a data list with a UL. If a visitor selects fruits for example, they got to a second page displaying the range of fruits, again usinga data list. Now I want the visitor to select one of the fruits like "apples"for instance, which takes them to a 3rd page dedicated to apples.such as fruits/apples.aspx I have used a query string from page 1 to page 2 which passes the selected categoryID as below <li><...

Data in Drop Down list doubles upon post back to display Gridview data
 Hi - TIA, I have a database setup for beverages and right now I have two tables beverage type and beverages.  On my c# asp.net pages I was setting up a drop down menu of the beverage types and then having that postback to pull the beverages and display them in a gridview.  The problem is when I post back, all of the beverage types are duplicated.  Then the next postback there are three times, etc.   This is due to the setting  AppendDataBoundItems="true" for the drop down list but if I don't have this set to true then my grid view doesn't...

using Data List
On page 1 of my site, a user can run a sql query that passes   two parameters to page 2 and shows the results from the sql database. I am using a datalist on page 2 to display the information. In some cases there may not be any records available and I want to display a nice message to the user informing them - instead of them seeing a blank screen. I know it can be done easily with the gridview but not sure how to do it with a data list Thanks for your help. Matt   Here's one way (I hope someone can show us a better way). Ad...

Using POST method to post the xml data + other data to the server?
Hello, Can anyone tell me what I did wrong based on the code I have below? I want to send the xml data and other data to the server. The example of request looks something like this: https://www.abc.com/data?username=myID&userpassord=myPassword  and also the data parameter for xml data.  The request should be URL-encoded and the content type of the request set to "application/x-www-form-urlencoded".  So I have the code below but gets an error where it gets the response from the web server "The remote server returned an error: (500) Internal S...

How to write data to a file in client side using javascript or someother client side scripting language.
Hi, I would like to know how to write a data to a client side file using javascript or someother client side scripting language. The file type expected is ini file. txt file would also be appreciable. Thanks in advance.   If the site is a trusted and you are running IE then you could try http://www.w3schools.com/asp/asp_ref_filesystem.asp The Old Sewing FactoryThat twitter nonsense. You can write to the server, but not to the client's machine.  Being able to do so would be a huge security breach.When you ask a question, remember to click "mark as answered"...

displaying latest data in client side browser using Sqlcache dependency
how to get the latest data displayed when there is a change in database using sqlcache dependency  automatically in the client side ?I refreshed the page using <meta> tag and by using timer control and i got latest data but i want using sqlcache dependency itself.Is there any way to do it. thanks Using any type of cache requires data to be postback to server and from there cache come into the picture. Thanks for responding ...

Bind data to the grid at the client side using AJAX call to web service
With the Current AJAX Tool kit is there a way to databound the grid at the client side.  Basically I want to make a WCF web service all and get the JSON message and populate the grid at the cient side. I am using Visual studio 2005 with .NET frame work 3.0. Please point out if tehre are any examples. I truly appreciate any help regarding this. Thanks I hope this article will help you. http://www.aspdotnetcodes.com/Ajax_ModalPopup_PostBack_GridView.aspxMarking a Reply as 'Answered', not only GAIN us some POINTS, but it also HELP others to find RIGHT solution. Thanks for the...

How to use JSON as the preferred data format for invoking Web Services from the client side.
in JavaScript use call like function OnPageLoad() {  NameSpaceName.ClassName.FunctionName(......Arguments......, FunctionNameAfterReturnToBeExecuted); } on Service [WebMethod(EnableSession = true)] public string FunctionName(..arguments..) { Bind Json string with JsonObjectCollection and JsonArrayCollection and return the object as String(); }   on JS function FunctionNameAfterReturnToBeExecuted(result) { if(result != null) {   var JsonObject = eval('('+ result +')');   for(var i = 0; i < JsonObject.JSONArrayName.length; i++) &nb...

Web resources about - To display data we can use JSON return from WS, but what about edit a list of data and post back, what should be used on client side? - asp.net.ajax-discussion

Samples of display typefaces - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Apple to enhance new MacBook Air 2016 with Retina display
The MacBook Air 2016 release date rumours this December are unlikely

Apple applies for patent to extend the Apple Watch display into woven fabric bands
The U.S. Patent and Trademark Office has today published an Apple patent application for incorporating displays into woven fabric. While the ...

Quantum Dot vs OLED, which is the better display?
... sums of money into new production lines and market researchers are predicting a huge growth in revenue over the next few years. OLED displays ...

Too Early To Say If iPhones Will Use Universal Display, But Stock Still A Buy: Gabelli
Universal Display ( OLED ) has been gaining ground recently on rumors that Apple ( AAPL ) may adopt its displays for its 2018 version of the ...

Google Cast Remote Display Plugin for Unity
Posted by Leon Nicholls , Developer Programs Engineer Today we launched the Google Cast Remote Display plugin for Unity to make it easy to take ...

Amazing infographic shows how many Nokia 5110 displays fit in an iPhone
... game Snake, will know that modern smartphones have come quite a way since then. But on a pixel by pixel basis, how much better is the display ...

Media Hypocrisy On FULL Display In Wake Of San Bernardino Shooting
Media Hypocrisy On FULL Display In Wake Of San Bernardino Shooting

Republicans (mostly) once again display their stubborn climate idiocy by rejecting Clean Power Plan
Some of them are ignoramuses who really don’t accept the science of climate change. Some of them know full well that human-generated greenhouse ...

Samsung Display showing signs of surpassing LG Display in revenues
LG Display surpassed Samsung Display in revenues during the first and second quarters of 2015 but into the third quarter Samsung took the lead. ...