regarding update panel, update process in ajax

i got a set of information in my page like personal info, educational details & prof work experience. when i click a save button for personal info, (i have put it in the update panel & corresponding update progress will be shown). i want to show a blank page only in tht particular part says tht "ur information is successfully saved".

can i have ur help plz

shagil
0
shagil

 Here is my recommendation:

1. Put three update panels in your page, one for each section  'PersonalInfo', 'EducationDetail' and 'ProfExp'.

2. Each of these update panels would contain three panels and a update progress.

3. In the  'PersonalInfo' update panel, put three panels, one for 'PostSave view', one for 'PreSave view' and one for 'Actions view'.

4.  In the 'PostSave view' panel, put a label which would caontain message like 'ur info was saved!'.

5. In the 'PreSave view' panel, put labes and textboxes to capture the required details.

6. In the 'Action view' panel, put buttons for 'Save' and 'Reset' etc as you need.

7. Initially 'PostSave view' panel's visibility is set top false where as 'PreSave view'panel's visibility is set to true.

8. In the save button click event, after saving the details set the  'PostSave view' panel's visibility to true and 'PreSave view' panel'svisibility to false.

Thats it!

Let me know if you need any further info on this.

Thanks,
Atanu, Symphony Services

P.S. Dont forget to mark this as answer, if you have got resolution to your problem from this post.
0
atanu
9/16/2008 8:44:39 AM

Thanks for ur  valubale replay

1) i have put 3 update panels in my page for each 'PersonalInfo', 'EducationDetail' and 'ProfExp

2) Corresponding update progress is also given

3) there are 2 buttons in my panel "save" and "save and add another"

4) when i click the "save" button corres update progress wil b shown like "Updating Info . . ." and soon after tht a blank page must b displayed in tht particular part says

"ur info was saved!"

5) when i click the "save and add another" button corres update progress wil b shown like "Updating Info . . ." then the same part wil b shown to enter the d info again

6) as per ur suggestion i will try by using diff panels

Thanks in advance

regards

shagil

shagil
0
shagil
9/16/2008 9:22:07 AM

its working wel wit ur suggestion

thanks alot

regards

shagil

shagil
0
shagil
9/16/2008 10:19:41 AM

 Shagil I am glad that you got your panel workin as expected Smile

Thanks,
Atanu, Symphony Services

P.S. Dont forget to mark this as answer, if you have got resolution to your problem from this post.
0
atanu
9/16/2008 11:03:43 AM

yes , i have marked it answered

once again am thanking u

regards

shagil

shagil
0
shagil

AJAX update panel updating all panels!
Hey there, I have 2 updated panels on a page update panel1 and update panel2. One is triggerd by a list box and the other is triggered by an image button,, the only problem is although each trigger is assigned to their respective list boxes, whenever a trigger is activated it refreshes both update panels, which is not what I want.  This is my update panel refreshed by the image button   <asp:UpdatePanel ID="UpdatePanel2" runat="server"> <ContentTemplate> <TABLE id="Table6" style="WIDTH: 208px; HEIGHT: 248px" cellSpacing="1" cellPadding="1" width="208" border=...

Ajax Update Panel not Updating
I have asp page with one update panel. Inside update panel there is a button and a label control. when I click button and try to updatel label.text="something" it works. But what I am trying to do is on button click I create FileSystemWatcher object and register its changed event. Now whenever I changed my text file changed event gets fired and inside this changed event I am trying to Update label.text="Something". This time it does not work. Can someone tell me what should I do to get this work. Here is the sample code DisplayLog.aspx <%@ Page Language="C#&qu...

Ajax Update Panel and Update Progress
Hello Everyone,  Its been long time since i have visited this forum, but i have a query regarding the update panel. I have a strange and weard situtaion here, which is only occuring on the web hosting server and it works absolutely fine on VSS (Local) server. The situation is i have an application where Web User Controls are placed on the web page at the design time, they are made Visible true/false at the run time. The Page where controls are placed contains the update panel and the User controls Indvidually too contains the Update Panel. These update Panel are associated with u...

AJAX Update Panel appears to also update Panel in other content area....
 I have to content areas, each with their own update panels.  I notice that whenever a partial page postaback is triggered in UpdatePanel2, a refresh is performed in UpdatePanel1.  The code does not use triggers to force the partial page postback.  The control in Panel2 is a textbox control that I assume by default causes the partial postback on a CR.  The control being refreshed in Panel1 is a DropDownList.In addition, I have found that during a partial page postback for Panel2, Panel1 controls are being enabled unless I explicitly disable them.Any ideas on why this...

AJAX: which is better more controls inside one update panel or few controls inside more update panels
hi in form that have many controls , gridview , formview, buttons, textboxes, etc. which is better, put them all in one update panel, or few controls in more update panels? i.e. gridview , formview, buttons, textboxes all in one update panel or gridview in update panel, formview in updat panel, buttons (that text needs to change based on some business rules) in update panel, etc? besides will tables and divs inside update panel affect AJAx performance?! Hi,    Putting too many controls in an update panel will certainly affect the performance. I have certainly faced it. ...

AJAX Update panel not updating gridview on local server
 I have a page with one user control on it. The user control has a gridview on it linked to an object datasource. The datasource is linked to a series of checkboxes that filter the data in the gridview.This user control is on a webpage with in an update panel with the trigger for the update panel being the userconrol. This all works fine on my developement machine. And it was working on the live serve however I am now getting so weird behaviour on the live server under certain conditions the gridview is not filtering the data as the checkboxes are clicked.The website is on a server at o...

DetailsView in ajax update panel do not fire update event
 i have a gridview, when the user select a row there it populate the row details in detailsview, both the detailsview and gridview are in ajax update panel. the point here whne the row is selected in gridview the detailsview works fine. if i click the detailsview edit button it shows the data right, but when i edit the data in detailsview the DetailsView1_ItemUpdating event does not fire!!. i think it is some thing related with the ajax panel configuration but i'm not sure.thanks in adavanc Muhanad YOUNISMCSD.NETMy Blog || My Photos || LinkedIn http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-u...

textbox outside ajax update panel doesnt get updated
 Hi All.I have an update panel on my form, inside that panel i have some stuff. The trigger for this update panel is a button which is outside the panel. Outside the panel i also have a textbox, upon clicking the button, there is a line that goes .Text=string.empty. However, the textbox does not get set to empty. I then put the textbox in another update panel and set the trigger to the button too. It worked. but is there any other way around this? Or is this ok? Hi, that is fine. There is no other way as the update trigger must be inside the update panel with the controls you wish t...

Having some problem wiith ajax and .net update panel
Dear All, Iam havin a strange problem in my web forms . the thing is i was not having it few days before and i have nt made any change in the code. i hav a grid in update panel which has a template field edit button. on click i call a modal popup extender which has some controls in it . the problem is when the popup appears the grid disappears... modal popup is not  in update panel.. Even more stranger behavior is that i have a button outside the update panel .onclick the modalpopup appears . and grid doesnt disappear.. If any one has any suggestions regardin this abnormal behavi...

Updates Updates Updates
I was a big fan of Firefox.. Now, I don't even like to use it. Seems like every time I start it up I have to update some addin OR the browser itself. And unfortunately the update nag messages are always presented when I start a browsing session. I find this annoying because, typically, when I open a web browser all I want to do is go to a web page. Not update the browser. I can agree that staying current with the latest version could give the best, fastest, safest web experience. But that point becomes mute when I start off every other browsing session with a new update. And mos...

updates, updates, updates
Holy Crap, Batman! You'd think I was running Windows XP and it's patch Tuesday. So far this week - new kernel (2.6.27.10), 2 new browsers (Opera 9.63 and Firefox 3.05) and a new plugin (Flash 10.0.156.3). I'm about ready to try one od the BSD's! vince wrote: > Holy Crap, Batman! You'd think I was running Windows XP and it's patch > Tuesday. > > So far this week - new kernel (2.6.27.10), 2 new browsers (Opera 9.63 > and Firefox 3.05) and a new plugin (Flash 10.0.156.3). I'm about ready > to try one od the BSD's! I take ...

Updates, updates and more updates
Name: pirhan Email: pirhan_chanathotmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Updates, updates and more updates Comments: Hello, Normally I use Safari, but my iBook is out of commission for a while. So, I am forced to use a PC to which I would much rather use Firefox than Internet Exploder. However, as much I enjoy not using a Microsoft product, and use a product that works decently, I am severely annoyed about the constant updates I am put through. In the last two days, I had to wait for Firefox to install updates before I could browse and now, I'm alerted that there'...

updates, updates, updates, NO MORE!
Name: Andreas Email: unbekanntatjokerdotms Product: Firefox Summary: updates, updates, updates, NO MORE! Comments: Hi ! if you want to develop a fine webbrowser, maybe you nee a new management. To release a new buggy version every two weeks is not very professional. Test your software before the release and let the user download a stable browser. this update-orgy since 2.0.0 used me to use Opera instead of FF. We haved use FF in our Company, but we can't deploy a new version every week to +200 Windows-clients, so in our company we've decided to return to IE, ...

updates, updates, updates
Name: hans jensen Email: hansjensen44_athotmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: updates, updates, updates Comments: why is it everytime i go online firefox has new updates, 3 -4 times every day, its never ending..........whats all the problems??? please email me and let me know, ty,.........Hans Jensen Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.2) Gecko/20070219 Firefox/2.0.0.2 ...

Web resources about - regarding update panel, update process in ajax - asp.net.ajax-discussion

Scarlett Johansson In Talks To Star In ‘Move That Body’ For Sony
EXCLUSIVE: Sony Pictures is negotiating with Scarlett Johansson to star in the R-rated comedy Move That Body .

Congressman Says L.A. School Terror Threat Was Fake
The entire Los Angeles school district closed Tuesday because of a terror threat, but a congressman on the House Intelligence Committee said ...

Google is working with Australian banks for Android Pay launch
Google's announcement today that Android Pay is getting a major update brought with it the news that the mobile payment service is coming to ...

Grooveshark clone slammed with damages in lost court case
Following the original Grooveshark’s demise, a cloned version of the service was brought to life in early May of this year, just a few days after ...

Clinton outlines five-point plan to take on Islamic State
MINNEAPOLIS, Minn. (Reuters) - U.S. Democratic presidential front-runner Hillary Clinton on Tuesday outlined how she would stop homegrown terrorist ...

How Did Rupert Grint End Up at a 'Harry Potter' Fan's Home?
Rupert Grint keeps it quite casual while stepping out for the Starlight’s Christmas Party held at Downing Street on Tuesday (December 15) in ...

Jury Deadlocked in Freddie Gray Manslaughter Trial
On Tuesday, Judge Barry Williams told jurors to keep deliberating in the trial of William Porter for the death of Freddie Gray after they sent ...

Space station gets its first ‘official’ British astronaut
Today the International Space Station’s crew welcomed aboard its first “official” British astronaut, Tim Peake, just hours after he blasted off ...

Nintendo: Bayonetta heading to Super Smash Bros soon
Nintendo has announced that Super Smash Bros. will soon be getting a new character: Bayonetta. The announcement was made today in a video showcasing ...

Uber and Lyft drivers can now form unions in Seattle
Filed under: Government/Legal , Green , UAW/Unions , Smartphone , Technology The Seattle City Council voted unanimously to allow drivers for ...