problems parsing array or associative array (of strings) in from RenderScript

I can not find a way for my atlas server RendScript to contain a subnode representing an array or associative array and pass this information to the client object (successfully at least).

Atlas seems to want a sophisticated object contained as array elements.

Is there anyway to have an array (from RenderScript) parse easliy by atlas client object?

The sample RendScript code here:

 protected override void RenderScript(ScriptTextWriter writer, Control targetControl)
 {
   Foo foo = targetControl as Foo;
   FooExtenderProperties properties = GetTargetProperties(targetControl);
   if ((properties == null) || (properties.Enabled == false))
   {
      return;
   }
   writer.WriteStartElement("ag:Foo");
   writer.WriteAttributeString("available", properties.available.ToString());
   writer.WriteStartElement("collection");
   foreach (DictionaryEntry entry in foo.getCollection)
   {
      writer.WriteElementString("string", entry.Key.ToString());
      writer.WriteElementString("string", entry.Value.ToString());
   }
   writer.WriteEndElement();
   writer.WriteEndElement();
 }

The javascript (client object) that blows:

this.getDescriptor = function() {
   var td = Ag.FooBehavior.callBaseMethod(this, 'getDescriptor');
   td.addProperty('available', Boolean, true);
   td.addProperty('collection', Array, true);

   return td;

}

The output XML is:

<script type="text/xml-script">