Problem With "FileUpload" and "UpdatePanel"

Hi,

I Have a problem with FileUpload and UpdatePanel.

when i use an Update Panel in a page, Control "FileUpload" Doesn't Work Correctly.

but when i remove UpdatePanel, Problem will Resolve.

UpdatePanel Placed in MasterPage, so i can't remove it, cause i'll should Place an UpdatePanel in each Page. It's almost impossible.

and, FileUpload is placed in a FormView.
when I click on "Upload" Button (that I Created for Upload selected  file) , Selected File will remove and file will not Upload.

So, now what i have to do? is it possible to Use both "UpdatePanel" and "FileControl"

0
arman92

Hello!!

due to asynchronous post back of update panel FileUpload.HashFile always gives false.

so you have to use trigger to resolve this. follow this link that how to define trigger.

<asp:UpdatePanel runat="server" id="UpdatePanel1">
        <ContentTemplate>
            <asp:FileUpload runat="server" id="FileUpload1" />
            <asp:Button runat="server" id="btnSubmit" Text="Upload" />
        </ContentTemplate>
        <Triggers>
            <asp:postbacktrigger ControlID="btnSubmit" />
        </Triggers>
    </asp:UpdatePanel

http://codeasp.net/blogs/vijjendra/microsoft.net/76/fileupload-inside-the-ajax-updatepanel

Let me know if u have any confusion

Sincerely,
Vinay Kumar Gupta

Code Review Service || Join now: CodeASP.NET Community || Recent Blogs postings || new forum

vinay_jss
2/24/2009 5:03:49 PM

 put trigger on the uploadbutton like(bold):

<asp:UpdatePanel runat="server" id="UpdatePanel1">
<asp:UpdatePanel runat="server" id="UpdatePanel1">
        <ContentTemplate>
            <asp:FileUpload runat="server" id="FileUpload1" />
            <asp:Button runat="server" id="btnSubmit" Text="Upload" />
        </ContentTemplate>
        <Triggers>
            <asp:postbacktrigger ControlID="btnSubmit" />
        </Triggers>

    </asp:UpdatePanel>

Code Review Service || Join now: CodeASP.NET Community

Please mark the most helpful reply/replies as “Answer”.
0
vijjendra
2/24/2009 5:48:42 PM

Hi

Please refer to the following link : http://forums.asp.net/p/1384819/2940845.aspx  .

Regards
Pawan Mishra
“The greatest compliment that was ever paid to me was when one asked me what I thought, and attended to my answer.” - Henry David Thoreau
0
Pawan_Mishra

.ALLCOL("%COLUMN%", " ", ", ", ", ")

quotes, quotes, quotes...

Problem with "isc_service_query" and "isc_info_svc_get_license" +"isc_info_svc_get_licensed_users"
I have problem with getting a correct result from "isc_service_query" when I pass "3A" (Get license and licensed_users), in fact I get an "Unexpected Output buffer value" error when IBX tries to read the license information from the result. From the debugging I have done it seems like I dont get the correct result from Interbase. Looking at the result I see that I get a correct value on "isc_info_svc_get_licensed_users", but the rest of the buffer is filled with zeros where I expect to see 0x33 and information about licenses. I am using...

Replacing "\\" with "\"

replace the "." with a ","

"Using" or "With"

Using "+" or "||"

double quote

"Me" is better than "You"

"To" and "From" missing

"JROC" / "JROK" / "JROCK" / "JROQ"
I just started a new contract and the tech lead told me that he wanted me to become familiar with something called "JROC" (among some other tools). I've been searching the web and I haven't found any dev tool called "JROC." Based on the name of the tool, it sounds like it encapsulates some javascript functionality. I have tried searching for different spellings - "JROK" / "JROCK" / "JROQ" but I haven't found any matches. Have you ever heard of a dev tool by this name?...

Web resources about - Problem With "FileUpload" and "UpdatePanel" - asp.net.ajax-discussion