Problem getting started with AJAX, help please [:$]

Hello,

 I am new to AJAX, to be honest I'm new to most ASP.net stuff.

I have created an online form that uses a webservice to do address lookups. It all works fine.

I thought it would be nice to add a little "Loading..." animation to the page as it can take a while to do a postcode search.

 The problem i'm having is when I add the AXJA web.config file details to the existing web.config file it stops working. The "Loading...." animation appears, stays for about the length of time i would expect, then disappears, however the dropdown list I populate with the address is black.

 It seams to stop working round about when I add;

<httpHandlers>
    <remove verb="*" path="*.asmx"/>
    <add verb="*" path="*.asmx" validate="false" type="System.Web.Script.Services.ScriptHandlerFactory, System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35"/>
    <add verb="*" path="*_AppService.axd" validate="false" type="System.Web.Script.Services.ScriptHandlerFactory, System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35"/>-->
      <add verb="GET,HEAD" path="ScriptResource.axd" type="System.Web.Handlers.ScriptResourceHandler, System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35" validate="false"/>
    </httpHandlers>

  <httpModules>
    <add name="ScriptModule" type="System.Web.Handlers.ScriptModule, System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35"/>
  </httpModules>

Any ideas where I'm going wrong?

0
jsheed82

 OK, I have fixed my problem.

 Removed the web.config file. Copied one in from another AJAX page and added all my pre-existing Assemblys.

It's now working.

0
jsheed82
1/21/2009 1:45:03 PM

 Yes your Web.config File might be the culprit

:-)

Regards,
Senthil Kumar.B
Blog : blog.ittalentz.com

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread : )
0
senthil

Problem getting started with Ajax
hello chaps, I am using visual studio 2005. Following the instruction, I have installed Ajax extensions 1.0 and  added the AjaxControlToolkit.dll in tool box. Then create a new website using "Ajax control toolkit web site" template. I can see some folders(ar,de, es, fr....etc) and AjaxControlToolkit.dll are added to the 'Bin' folder.  When i try to run the new website, it returns the following two errors. In solution explorer,   Error 1 Request for the permission of type 'System.Web.AspNetHostingPermission, System, Version=2.0.0.0, Cultur...

please help, ajax problem
hi friends,i am new in ajax, i added ajaxcontroltoolkit to my project and done some examples on ajax (about calenderextender, tabcontainer and filteredtextboxextender).when i run the page it works fine in internet explorer but ajax controls dont do their actions(tab doesn't appear, also calender doesn't appear) and at the right side of the browser it says "error on page" when i press the calenders image button. i couldnt find the solution about this, please help me..thanks.... Do you have ScriptManager in your aspx page?? Ajaxcontroltoolkits need it. If you do have script...

How do I get started with AJAX.Net?

Problem getting started with AJAX
Hi, I am using visual studio 2005 with ajax extension  1.0 installed.I have created a simple ajax enable website to display current time, which includes UpdatePanel, timer and label. For every timer tick(1 sec), update the label. Its running fine on my machine but once I put it on webserver, it returns a javascript error "Sys  is undefined". Can anyone help?    <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.1//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml11/DTD/xhtml11.dtd"> <html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml"> ...

Please urgent help in AJAX.net
Hi all, i want to use Ajax.net so i made site to test it : the site content from master page and one page the site function to display server time using ajax.net but it work good in localhost but when i upload it to server "_Default undefined" error appear this is the link to test this page http://ajaxtest.6te.net/Default.aspx and this is the link to download the project http://ajaxtest.6te.net/WebSite4.zip , please any one has any information please reply me. and this is the code of all pages if u find problem in downloading  1- Default.aspx code <%@ Page Language="VB"...

ajax or not to ajax.
Heres a strange one for you. I have a textbox, a button and a gridview on a page. I enter some search text which returns 500 odd records in under a second. When i wrap the gridview in an updatepanel, set its update mode to "conditional" and the trigger to the button the page can take 2-4 seconds to render. I think the problem is down to page redering some how as my progress indicator stops at around the same time as the normal postback would appear. I have also noticed this very behaviour and have come to the conclusion that in cases like this it is better to hand code a XMLHttp...

Ajax very serious problem!! (Please help!)
Hello friends. I have a .net application (Framework 1.1) that uses Ajax.net Framework  (http://www.schwarz-interactive.de/). The application works fine in some machines. The problem occurs when I access the application with some others machines that access internet through FreeBsd. In those machines (that use FreeBsd) the application only works when I access it using the IP address of the server. If I try to execute the application using the domain address an error occurs. Can anyone help me please? Thanks a lot Rodrigo Rodrigo, I remeber reading something about this somewher...

To AJAX, or not to AJAX?
Some body suggested to me to use AJAX. I figured it's not the brand name detergent nor the Dutch city. So here is what I have and please tell me if it ca be done with ajax, and perhaps point me to some examples, etc. The page contains several GridViews and FormViews that display data using several data calls. (Yeah, there is my first issue. Need to figure out how to cash all that.) This is an application that track work orders, so the top most FV has the user info and summary information of the work order. It is editable and so far it works well. There is also another set of infroamt...

My AJAX is not AJAXing!
Hi, I was having trouble with a new AJAX enabled code so I tried to just to do a simple test page. I did the simple Label control with button example covered in this tutorial http://www.asp.net/learn/ajax/tutorial-01-cs.aspx I'm having the same problem. Functionalitw-wise it works but the page is refreshing and flickering. That means it's not the code but maybe my set up. I'm using VisualStudio 2005 and the application is currenty .NET 2.0. In VS.NET, I do see the AJAX controls though. What could this be?Thanks,Sam did you install the Ajax extensions? Now, it's AJAXing!...

Ajax web service problem...Please Help
Hello, any help would be great. I have a web app that utilizes the functionality of calling web services from javascript. This works fine and dandy on my pc, as well as 10 other developer pc's. But when I move everything to an actual web server we are getting an javascript error stating VehInventory is undefined. And it is pointing back to the javascript line with the web service call in it       (VehInventory.InventoryWS.InsertVehNote(note,user,stock,OnSaveNoteRequestComplete, OnTimeout, OnError ); ) It is like it lost all reference to the web service. I also ...

AJAX 1.0 RC Getting started #1 Does not work for me an Ajax newbie
Great I thought I have a couple of hours to start using AJAX I have VS 2005 and am familair with ASP.NET 2 Went to http://ajax.asp.net/Default.aspx Downloaded ASP.NET AJAX 1.0 RC  - as per the instructions Followed Scott Guthrie Video Developing ASP.NET Applications using AJAX ..... They did not work the syntax is different - it msut have been for an older version  Went ot the "How Do I Section " run  "#1 DOw Do I Get Started with ASP.NEt AJAX" 'UPDATED for AJAX RC" - 2 controls, 1 button and 2 labels - IT DID NOT WORK ! - It compiled etc but both times updated ...

can not get AJAX to work on server, please help
hello,I have a server set up on my local (home) network and can not get an ajax application to run on the box.   it works fine on our developement server and also works fine locally.I copied the application to the server, setup the website, installed the ajax extensions, also loaded/enabled front end extensions so i could load the site in visual studio 2005.  when i attempt to run the site, either from the server or from another pc on my home network, it barely comes up.  it is insanely slow.  literally will take about 5 minutes for the starting page to finish.  and ...

Help
there are two callback function in my application say DDL1, DDL2, DDL3 in case of DDL1 changes, populate DDL2's options populate DDL3' options if DDL2 changes currently, it works fine,  now i want when DDL1 changes, after DDL2 is populated, automatical start populate DDL3, so what i did is as following <javascript> function GetDDL2Data(message, context){} function ReceivedDDL2Data(message, context){GetDDL3Data(message, null)} function GetDDL3Data(message, context){} function ReceivedDDL3Data(message, context){} </javascript> <select id="DDL1" on...

Web resources about - Problem getting started with AJAX, help please [:$] - asp.net.ajax-discussion

2016 BMW M3 and M4 recalled for driveshaft problem
... Recalls , Coupe , Sedan , Performance BMW will recall just 42 examples of the 2016 M3 and M4 in the US to check for a possible driveshaft problem. ...

Problem with metrics and referee directions
Vox has a brief little informer on the relative risk of injury in high school sports. I think it is useful, but reading the definition of injury ...

Microsoft has an emoji problem
Microsoft increasingly has an emoji problem as the company's Windows 10 operating system lacks the latest set of characters. Emoji are, essentially, ...

The junk problem is bigger than oil
Some have written off the high-yield concerns as a mere effect of crude oil's slide. But that analysis appears to be badly off base.

Communication is a problem that can’t be fixed
... will best take advantage of the year ahead. Whether you have or not, I invite you to take a few seconds right now to think about what problems ...

Problems At Snapfish Lead To Pre-Christmas Photo Scramble, Angry Customers
... reps end chats with customers before the customer is done speaking with them? Why did the customer service rep tell me there was a problem with ...

Facebook is finally fixing its ‘real name’ problem
After some controversies and embarrassing missteps, social-media giant Facebook is trying to introduce tools to let its users go by the names ...

Poll: Americans Have 99 Problems, And Terrorism Is No. 1
The number shot up from just 3 percent to 16 percent from November to December

Culture: The observer bias problem, and why you should care
... the same type of mistakes in drawing conclusions about what we observe with Islamic fundamentalism. As I wrote here , I believe that the problem ...