Parser Error Message: The type initializer for 'System.Drawing.ToolboxBitmapAttribute' threw an exception.

Hi

When i create my code which uses AutoComplete feature of AJAX ToolKit, everything works fine, but when i deploy the same in our development server, error as below occurs.

i have searched lots in net, but in vain.Even forumns doesnt help me on this much.Any clue as to why is this occuring and how to solve it?

Any pointers regarding this would be of great help.

Parser Error Description: An error occurred during the parsing of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific parse error details and modify your source file appropriately.

Parser Error Message:
The type initializer for 'System.Drawing.ToolboxBitmapAttribute' threw an exception.

Source Error:

Line 1:  <%@ Page Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeFile="ServicesList.aspx.cs" Inherits="ServicesList" %>Line 2:  <%@ Register Assembly="AjaxControlToolkit" Namespace="AjaxControlToolkit" TagPrefix="cc1" %>Line 3:

Source File:
/SAPEP/ServicesList.aspx    Line: 1

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.832; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.832

Thanks in advance

0
Deepss

Hi Deepss

In this scenario, I would like to suggest you try to check the following links to see if they help:

http://forums.asp.net/t/1146003.aspx
http://www.west-wind.com/Weblog/posts/3381.aspx
http://www.sitepoint.com/forums/showthread.php?t=530921
http://www.experts-exchange.com/Programming/Languages/.NET/ASP.NET/Q_23734657.html

Thanks.

Lance Zhang
Microsoft Online Community Support

Lance

The type initializer for 'System.Drawing.ToolboxBitmapAttribute' threw an exception.
I get this stacktrace at my ExceptionManager. It is caught in the Global.asax, so the exception is unhandled by my code :( We have many visitors and customers. This error occurs at least once a week, and all websites in the same pool are down. Only solution for now is to reset the pool when the error occurs. I know there are more topics on this, and I know MicroSoft is aware of the bug but does not know what to do about it. The bug will still be in the 3.5 release. If anybody has a work around for the fix, or a solution which is acceptable and avoids my customers and visitors ...

The type initializer for 'System.Drawing.ToolboxBitmapAttribute' threw an exception
Hi,All of a sudden I started getting this nasty exception all over the place:The type initializer for 'System.Drawing.ToolboxBitmapAttribute' threw an exception. Some relevant observations:* The error started occuring a few hours after the last deployment to the live server, not immediately after. So it basically started occuring of its own accord.* We have recently moved to a new host (a VPS). The error only occurs on that server, not our local server nor at the old host's (which was a shared environment).* The problem is basically the same as this guys:http://w...

System.Net.Mail is giving error CS0029: Cannot implicitly convert type 'string' to 'System.Net.Mail.MailAddress'
I'm getting an error while trying to use the wizard to create a form and than pass it the vaibles to Mail. Any help would be much appreciated. SmtpClient smtpClient = new SmtpClient(); MailMessage message = new MailMessage(); try {   message.From = txtEmail.Text; message.To.Add("admin1@yoursite.com"); message.Subject = "Feedback"; message.CC.Add("admin1@yoursite.com"); message.CC.Add("admin2@yoursite.com"); message.IsBodyHtml = false; message.Body = txtMessage.Text; smtpClient.Send(message); lblStatus.Text = "Email successfully sent."; } catch (Exception ex) { lbl...

Parser Error Message: Type 'System.Web.UI.UpdatePanel' does not have a public property named 'datagrid'.
Hi, first post...I am fairly new to ajax and was looking for some guidance on my problem. I installed the 3 files (Ajax 1.0 RC, Toolkit and the Futures December CTP). I wanted to convert an exsisting and working .net 2.0 sample aspx page into AJAX to learn how the updatepanels work. The page contains a bunch of datagrids that i wanted to place inside "updatepanels". However, I keep getting the parser error "Type 'System.Web.UI.UpdatePanel' does not have a public property named 'datagrid'." whenever I place anything inside the panels (table, div, tr...etc). I am sure its a pretty strai...

Parser Error Message: Type 'System.Web.UI.WebControls.TemplateColumn' does not have a property named 'template'.

Parser Error Message: Type 'System.Web.UI.WebControls.QueryStringParameter' does not have a public property named 'SqlDataSource'.
Help!  This morning my DetailsView was working fine.  Now it's not, and I don't know what the error message I'm getting means. Can someone please tell me what has happened?Here is the error message: Parser Error Message: Type 'System.Web.UI.WebControls.QueryStringParameter' does not have a public property named 'SqlDataSource'.Here is my apsx code:  <asp:SqlDataSource ID="SqlDS_Keywords" runat="server" ConnectionString="<%$ ConnectionStrings:MHTGConnectionString1 %>" SelectCommand="SELECT dbo.GPRA_KeywordsUsed.ActivityId, dbo.GPRA_Keywords.Keywords FROM dbo.GPRA_Keyw...

'ds.SqlCacheDependency' threw an exception of type 'System.NotSupportedException'
Hi guys, As a follow up on my previous question: http://forums.asp.net/t/1336003.aspx I would like to know if any of you have an answer to the problem with the SqlCacheDependency throwing an System.NotSupportedException when trying to update using an AccessDataSource? Thanks :) /Ole   Since the SqlCacheDependency is not supported by Access, any attempt to make use of it through an AccessDataSource control will result in a NotSupportedException: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.web.ui.webcontrols.accessdatasource.sqlcachedependency.aspx.  The mystery is why ...

Compiler Error Message: CS0118: 'System.Web.Caching.Cache' is a 'type' but is used like a 'variable'
What am I missing??????????using System.Web; using System.Web.Security; using System.Web.UI; using System.Web.UI.WebControls; using System.Web.UI.WebControls.WebParts; using System.Web.UI.HtmlControls; using com.amazon.webservices; using System.Web.Caching; /// <summary> /// Summary description for AmazonWS /// </summary> public class AmazonWS { public AmazonWS() { } public static DataSet AmazonToDataSet(string powersearchstring) { DataSet ds; //is it in the cache? if (Cache[powersearchstring] == null) { //create our query ItemSearchResponse response ...

Length = 'requestStream.Length' threw an exception of type 'System.NotSupportedException'
 I cannot figure out why when I expand the requestStream variable that I see that error.  Here's my code:   ... request.Timeout = 30000; request.Method = "POST"; request.ContentType = "application/x-www-form-urlencoded"; // write data to stream byte[] requestBytes = Encoding.UTF8.GetBytes(request.ToString()); using (Stream requestStream = request.GetRequestStream()) { requestStream.Write(reque...

Unable to cast object of type 'System.String' to type 'System.Byte[]' error
Hello, I have some binary data in a MySQL database, and im trying to convert it to a file. Before, when i was using the ms sql express 2005 database, everything was working fine. But then i migrated to MySQL because of budget issues. The following is the block of code that produces the error.private void showDbImage() {string ImageId = Request.QueryString["img"];   //build our query statementstring sqlText = "SELECT DownloadFile, DownloadType FROM DownloadTable WHERE DownloadName = '" + ImageId +"'";  OdbcConnection connection = new O...

ERROR: Unable to cast object of type 'System.Boolean' to type 'System.String'
I created a class to update, insert, select and delete data with an object data source but I am getting the following error... body {font-family:"Verdana";font-weight:normal;font-size: .7em;color:black;} p {font-family:"Verdana";font-weight:normal;color:black;margin-top: -5px} b {font-family:"Verdana";font-weight:bold;color:black;margin-top: -5px} H1 { font-family:"Verdana";font-weight:normal;font-size:18pt;color:red } H2 { font-family:"Verdana";font-wei...

Value of type 'System.Net.Mail.MailMessage' cannot be converted to 'System.Net.Mail.AlternateView'

Problem with AjaxControl kit error Compiler Error Message: CS0433: The type 'System.Web.UI.ScriptManager' exists in both 'c:\WINDOWS\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Web.Extensions\1.0.61025.0__31bf3856ad364
I'm trying to use the Tabs from the Ajaxcontrol kit.I have installed Ajax WebExtension 1.0 to the server i'm runnig the apps fromI'm sure the version of my Ajaxcontrol kit and the System.Web.Extensions i'm trying to use is 1.0.61025. But it seems the one on 3.5 is also there since the server has been updated to v3.5 .net framework I get this error below:  Compiler Error Message: CS0433: The type 'System.Web.UI.ScriptManager' exists in both 'c:\WINDOWS\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Web.Extensions\1.0.61025.0__31bf3856ad364e35\System.Web.Extensions.dll...

'Sybase.Data.AseClient.AseConnection.DriverVersion' threw an exception of type 'System.TypeInitializationException'
'Sybase.Data.AseClient.AseConnection.DriverVersion' threw an exception of type 'System.TypeInitializationException' This is an error which I am getting while instantiating AseConnection. Can I get help on this exception. I am using C# in Visual Studio 2005. I checked the version in the C:\Program Files\Sybase\OC12_5_1\ADO.NET\dll folder of Sybase.Data.AseClient.dll and sybdrvado11.dll and copied these dlls to my application's bin folder. The versions are the same. Still I am getting the above exception. Whats this code look like? Are you sure both DLLs are sa...

Web resources about - Parser Error Message: The type initializer for 'System.Drawing.ToolboxBitmapAttribute' threw an exception. - asp.net.ajax-discussion