Need Help ( Ajax )

Hi all,

can any one tell me how ajax work , in simple language ?

i mean how page process with ajax and with out ajax on server side submit button click ?

again i heard that we can use ajax by two way ...

1) you need to download dll file and

2) add it in your solution and you can use atlas web site of dotnet ...

is there some other way of it ...

pls explain using example or refrence site ....

Thanks in advance,

Best Regards,

Nilesh Thakur.

0
nileshhthakur2004

To start with, you may simple download the requisite components from http://asp.com/ajax

This will add a new template in your Visual Studio called "Ajax Enabled WebSite". To create any AJAX web site use this template.

If you want to convery any existing application to AJAX, you need to add the Script Manager control on your page and add some extra code in the web.config file. The best idea would be to create a new Ajax Enabled WebSite and copy the Web.Config file to your existing website that you want to make ajax enabled.

AJAX does not require anything special at client side.

0
Andrew_C1
1/24/2008 12:41:30 PM

Hi Thakur,

AFIK,

Ajax does only the partial postback the page to server(normal page does full post back) with the help of xmlhttprequest object. Still it takes the all page life cycle events and update the controls which are inside to the updatepanel only.

Go to this url where you can download the ajax and learn basic things by videos.

With Luv
Dhana

Dont forget to mark as answer if my reply helped you...

0
dhanabalanr

ajax or not to ajax.
Heres a strange one for you. I have a textbox, a button and a gridview on a page. I enter some search text which returns 500 odd records in under a second. When i wrap the gridview in an updatepanel, set its update mode to "conditional" and the trigger to the button the page can take 2-4 seconds to render. I think the problem is down to page redering some how as my progress indicator stops at around the same time as the normal postback would appear. I have also noticed this very behaviour and have come to the conclusion that in cases like this it is better to hand code a XMLHttp...

My AJAX is not AJAXing!
Hi, I was having trouble with a new AJAX enabled code so I tried to just to do a simple test page. I did the simple Label control with button example covered in this tutorial http://www.asp.net/learn/ajax/tutorial-01-cs.aspx I'm having the same problem. Functionalitw-wise it works but the page is refreshing and flickering. That means it's not the code but maybe my set up. I'm using VisualStudio 2005 and the application is currenty .NET 2.0. In VS.NET, I do see the AJAX controls though. What could this be?Thanks,Sam did you install the Ajax extensions? Now, it's AJAXing!...

To AJAX, or not to AJAX?
Some body suggested to me to use AJAX. I figured it's not the brand name detergent nor the Dutch city. So here is what I have and please tell me if it ca be done with ajax, and perhaps point me to some examples, etc. The page contains several GridViews and FormViews that display data using several data calls. (Yeah, there is my first issue. Need to figure out how to cash all that.) This is an application that track work orders, so the top most FV has the user info and summary information of the work order. It is editable and so far it works well. There is also another set of infroamt...

Need help with validation within ModalPopupExtender from AJAX .NET Toolkit
I have a user control that is included in the popup control panel of a ModalPopupExtender.  I have validators within the user control that work but do not display the error msg.  The code below is a simplistic version, but nonetheless what I'm trying to accomplish.  Any suggestions as to why the rvDeficiencyCost ErrorMessage does not show would be greatly appretiated.  I've tried messing with the z-index, and searched all over the web with no luck. Thanks,Kevin uc3 ascx Code:<asp:Panel runat="server" HorizontalAlign="Center" CssClass="modalPopupExtender">&...

Need some AJAX help!
Hi there everybody. I have an old application which uses http-equiv="refresh" meta tag to refresh the page every 30 seconds so I can check if new data exists or not and if so I can display it. I wanna replace it by AJAX so I can get rid of nasty refreshes. Any straightforward method for this by AJAX?- What's God?- You know when you need something really bad, and you close your eyes and wish for it really hard ... ... well, God is the guy who ignores you. Your question is too generic, plz explain it more clearly. But for now there are 2 simple ways: 1. To put the part you need to refresh ...

Need Help on AJAX
Hi Friends, I am new for ASP.NET technology though i am not new in IT Field. I used to work out on Desktop Based Application. My company deals in ERP & SAP and now switching to Web development also.  Tell me how should i get the step by step help to learn the AJAX. I know little bit of ASP.net. I tried one example of Animation through Ajax Control Toolkit.  But I am facing the problem in animation of this control. as the intellisence is not comming in code pane. and there is no help how to use these controls. Only there is an example. but don't have any explanation ...

Does anyone know of either an ajax.net blog available or an 'inline editor' for ajax.net?
Hey all:  I'm desperately trying to find an AJAX control (I don't care if it's currently for ASP.NET AJAX.NET, since if not, I'll do the conversion and make it available to others) for creating blogs and another inline editor control, so that if there is text on the page, I can click on the text and it will automatically display an editor and allow me to edit the text/html.  Does anyone know of a control like this that's AJAX enabled?  Especially AJAX.NET.  I'm only interested in open-source, since any improvements I make I will make available on codeplex.com Thanks in...

Old AJAX in .NET 1.1 compatibility with .NET framework 2.0. Ajax does not work always ....................
Hello,I have converted the web site from .NET 1.1 to .NET 2.0. Some of the pages in the web site use AJAX which was developed in .NET 1.1Ajax does not work smoothly in .NET 2.0. Do I have to use ATLAS or is there any fix I can use to make the AJAX work ?Please let me know. Many thanks in advance. Nick..........

Help needed
Hi,      I am using VS 2005, Frame work 2.0.  Please i want to use following ajax controls     Update Panel , Callout Extender, Model Popup, Script Manager.... please help where can i get latest      AJAX control tool kit?  I have searched "Version 1.0.11119.0 for ASP.NET AJAX version 1.0 and .NET Framework 2.0 (No changes from 1.0.10920) "      Ajax tool kit site but i can't find 2.0 frame work ajax tool kit.      I want to use callout extender and...

Need help on Ajax Accordion.
Dear all,           In my web application, i' ve a master page and a number of content pages. I am using ajax accordion control for menus. Using this accordion control users can go to various pages and the accordion panes are added thru code from the master.cs.fillAccordionPane() -> fills the accordion pane depending on the values in DB for the user.This method is in master.cs           The problems i am facing are,            i) Everytime a page is clic...

Ajax installation help needed
I currently have and old version of ajax loaded on my vs.net 2005 I want to add the newer version of v1.0.2..... which hasmore tools. Do I need to remove the old version or can I load the newer version I have application using the older tools and do not wish to update thoughs application yet. can I have both set loaded in my toolbax at the same time? If I need to remove the old version is there a specific process that needs to be done? Thx  You can have 2 versions on your toolbox , however just one version in a specific applicationJeev~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~If you get the...

Ajax problem help is needed
iam new to ajax and wants to use Ajax in my web application can any body suggest me where i have to start and how i able to use Ajax .     Best Ragards Rameezwaheedlife is name of learning!Mark as an answer if it helps Hi, well you can find a wealth of information about ASP.NET ajax under the learn tab. Grz, Kris.Read my blog. Handy Firefox plugins for web developers.Workaround for non working Mark as answer buttons. Rameez, infact there are different ways to do Ajax. one is using AjaxPro dll where you just need to do the same way except you need create methods as webmeth...

Need Help on AJAX.dll
Dear All, I have used AJAX.dll in asp.net to send client request to server and get response from server side method. But my browser get hanged when an client event call the [AJAX.method()] which is placed in server side. Please any one give the solution to solve above problem Thanks and Regards, Sivaprakash.T Hi, Please check the below link to implement ajax method. http://www.developerfusion.co.uk/show/4704/5/ (Actually, Ajax.dll has been discontinued by the author. He recomments ASP.NET AJAX for all furture ajax development.) However, I suggest you&...

Ajax and Data Help needed
I need a bit of help setting up an upload page. On my upload page I request information about the author (name, email, Site, Site URL). Now what I would like to do is when the author inputs his email address I need to check the database to see if the author exists or not. If the author doesnt exist, nothing happens and the user can enter data and information is stored about the author in author table in the database and information about the file is stored in file table. But if the author exists the other fields are automatically filled in according to his previous data and the text ...

Web resources about - Need Help ( Ajax ) - asp.net.ajax-discussion

Hive-CM8 Apologizes For Leaking Hateful Eight DVD Screener
Without doubt the biggest piracy story of December was the drama surrounding the relentless stream of movies hitting the Internet from release ...

Belgium arrests two in alleged terror plot
Philly.com Belgium arrests two in alleged terror plot Philly.com A heavily armed police officer patrols the crowded Grand Place in Brussels, ...

Changes to Be Announced in Chicago Police Training, Tasers
Chicago mayor's office: Emanuel, police leader to announce changes in training, Taser use

Texas 'affluenza' teen captured in Mexico to be returned to U.S.
By Marice Richter and David Alire Garcia FORT WORTH, Texas/PUERTO VALLARTA, Mexico (Reuters) - A rich Texas teenager who fled with his mother ...

Class action lawsuit seeks damages for the performance of iOS 9 on the iPhone 4s
Apple’s iOS 9 maintained support for a range of older, “legacy” iOS devices. Now, however, a number of iPhone 4s owners have launched a class ...

Northeast Gets Snow, Ice During Its 1st Winter Storm
1st winter storm brings snow, ice and reassurance to Northeast residents

'Glee' star arrested on suspicion of possessing child porn
Reuters 'Glee' star arrested on suspicion of possessing child porn Reuters LOS ANGELES Actor Mark Salling, star of the hit television show ...

Former Governor George Pataki Ends His Presidential Campaign
On Tuesday, George Pataki announced that he would be ending his presidential campaign. Pataki, who was aiming to gain the Republican nomination, ...

Video shows 18th century bridge in north England collapsing from floods
The historic Tadcaster Bridge in North Yorkshire collapsed into the River Wharfe on Tuesday evening, and supporters of the Tadcaster Albion AFC ...

Microsoft may have your encryption key; here’s how to take it back
(credit: Linus Bohman ) As happens from time to time , somebody has spotted a feature in Windows 10 that isn't actually new and has largely ...