Modify few web page with Ajax compatible web page

Dear Friends I have already completed my C# web project and now I have decided that few of the pages needs to be redesign with AJAX to minimise page flickering. Now the point is I was using C# vs2005 and yesterday have installed AJAX part with vs2005 platform. Hope there will be no isses for modifying few pages with Ajax compatible pages from existing web project. Hope there is no need to create a fresh web project with asp.net AJAX enabled web site. Please confirm and thanx again

Samir

0
samir1973

you obviously didn't choose the AJAX template to start your project with so you'll need to put the needed parts in the web.config to make ASP.NET AJAX work. Take a look at this article: http://www.asp.net/AJAX/Documentation/Live/ConfiguringASPNETAJAX.aspx. Another technique can be to create a new project based on the ASP.NET AJAX template and copy over the needed parts of the web.config (tools like winmerge can be handy).

You also need to put a scriptmanager control on your pages, or even better, use a master page so you only have to configure the scriptmanager only once.

Grz, Kris.

XIII
12/5/2008 9:27:52 AM

Thanx Boss for the fantastic link.

0
samir1973

AJAX Master Page, AJAX Web Form and AJAX Client Control Question?
I gues to get the ball rolling I have VS 2008 and I am creating ASP.NET websites. I have programmed with VS 2005 and always had to add AJAX features by hand. Now in VS 2008 you have new templates AJAX Master Page, AJAX Web Form, AJAX Client Behavior, AJAX Client Control, AJAX Client Library, AJAX-embeded WCF Service On these three templates AJAX Master Page, AJAX Web Form and AJAX Client Control. What makes them different from normal templates? Is it just a matter of adding the script manager to the page or is using a AJAX Master Page have a huge benefit over doing individual pages? I have...

System.Web.UI.Page and Ajax.net
 İ use .net 2005 and ajax.net.Normally i use System.Web.UI.Page,my webpage is working.But in here we use other page that extends System.Web.UI.Page.if i extend my class to our  webpage my ajax.net isn't  working. My error explanation is: sys.webfrom.pagerequestmanagerparserErrorException:the message received from the server could not beparsed.Common causes for this error are when the response is modifies by calls to Response.write(),response filters,httpmodules,or server trace is enabled. Details:Error parsing near'itle||Untitled PAge|<script language=J...

AJAX, Calling a web service inside Master page from its child page
Dear Team  I am using ASP.NET2.0, C#, AJAX.  I am having a Master page that I add inside it a script manager: <form id="form1" runat="server" defaultbutton="btnMaster">    <asp:ScriptManager ID="ScriptManager1" runat="server">        <Services>            <asp:ServiceReference Path="QuoteDeleteRow.asmx"/>        </Services>    </as...

AJAX enabled page inside a SharePoint Page Viewer Web Part
I have a SharePoint 2007 site with a Page Viewer web part.  The page viewer web part points to an ASP.NET web application.  The application uses AJAX. When I go to the Application directly everything works fine.  When I go through the web part the AJAX stuff stops working.  Any ideas why? Thank you. Ron Hi, From your description, it seems that you are going to make an AJAX web page be run in a PageViewer WebPart, right? Actually,Page View Web Part is used to incorporate existing content (such as Web sites or documents) into a Web Part. This Web Part renders it...

parent web page --child web page
Dear Developers , how to get values child web page values to parent web page ? For the example , I have parent Employee Address. and child Page have employee personal address.. when i access the Parent page , there is no employee address means ..child page pop rises , after complete child page then only , i can access the parent page.. how to i do .. Thanking u raja Thanks,Regards,Rajamsrasa@yahoo.com...

how to navigate the url page in one web application page to another web application page
In my project one solution have 2 web apllications in one folder.like 1.webapplication1 2.webapplication2. in firt webapplication1 i created one aspx page like sample.axpx. in second webapplication2 i created one aspx page like sample2.aspx... in sample2.aspx page have hyperlinl. I need to navigate this hyperlink when i click it go to the sample.axpx. how can i write navigate url for this...help me. ..thanks  As i understand u, you need Multi Project soltuionsee this link, http://community.rainbowportal.net/blogs/jonathans_rainbow_blog/archive/2006/02/19...

link a web page to another web page?
I have a web page with my banner and buttons for my site on it. I want to add this to all of my pages. Instead of copying a pasting that to every page. Is there a way i can link the pages to the banner page? Thanx use ascx?:) Or you could create a template page. That is: Create a page inherited from System.Web.UI.Page and place your banner and buttons in this and then have all your other pages inherit tis custom page instead of System.Web.UI.Page. ...

i web page referencing another web page
Can one web page reference a control on another web page? EX. a page is brought up with a number of textbox controls. Using a hyperlink one can pop up a nother page with the calendar control. Select a date from the calendar control and place the value back in the previous page. Can this be done and how? Use a Page.RegisterClientScriptBlock to open a window, with a javascript string like this: "<script language=Javascript>window.open('my_url.aspx','window_name','left=100,top=100,width=200,height=500,toolbar=no,scrollbars=yes,resizable=yes');</script>" Then you can s...

Troubleshoot Web Service; Ajax AutoComplete events do not appear to not fire; Ajax web service appears to not work. .NET
Folks, I had the situation that Ajax AutoComplete events in the web service did not fire after I copied a project out of a folder, renamed it and moved it to a server. The fix was hard to find but easy to solve. I had some web service modules in an ASMX file that provided AutoComplete entries -- i.e., after the user keys in 2 or 3 characters, the list of possible entries with those leading characters is displayed for the user to select. To solve the problem, look at the web service's directive, not the code-behind or the ASMX designer.  Do a right-mouse-click...

Web page opens second web page, how does first page know when the second one closes?
I have an app written in ASP.NET where one of the web pages opens up a web page in a second window.  When this second web page closes, the first web page needs to update its data.  How do you do this? You can have the child window call a parent method when the user clicks a link to close it. Otherwise, you'd have to set up polling to check for the existence of the child, and refresh if it doesn't exist. Please Mark As Answer posts that helped you."If we learn from our mistakes, I should be brilliant by now." Thanks, this gives me part of the answer...

Insert new IE into same web page using ajax aspx.net
Hi all, I am new to C# Ajax aspx Development. I am searching google 3d warehouse   then   want to   integrate with my web application as same  web page in separate IE . Could you please help  me  to work out.   Hi,You can use IFrame to a webpage to open another page.If you have further questions,let me know!Best Regards, Sincerely,Jin-Yu YinMicrosoft Online Community Support Thank you  for  reply to me Jin-yu-yin.  i have done that as per your advice  .Is it possible to get 3d warehouse ...

All web pages hang on web server when one of the web pages calls a run away sql query
Hi: We have a Windows 2003 dedicated web server running the .NET Frameworks 1.0 and 2.0.  We have a SQL Server cluster running SQL Server 2000.  Unfortunately, we do not have a test environment.  I have 2 .NET web sites in production.  My coworker has a voting .NET web page using AJAX on the same server.  The coworker wrote a query that was not indexing properly and when the page fired the query...the cluster went to almost 100% utilization.  My two web pages would hang and show a blank white page on the default.aspx.  Neither of m...

want to allow create new web page and edit exiting web page using my web application?
 I am using asp.net 2.0 VS 2005 pro edition. I want to make web application(web form)  where my uses can go and create simple web page or can create page , so then can add page/edit features let me know if some one know , how to do this , any idea, I want to allow my user to create web page and edit web page using my web applications. some one tell me how to do that Note : I dont want to use HTMl editor or any third party software tools thank you maxmax Hello, There is many ways you can implement this. And to build your application you to need to understand the exact ou...

AJAX <Pages> with <pages styleSheetTheme="Literature"/> in Web.Config
Using EW2 and VS 08 Pro (VB) on a asp.net web site starter kit downloaded from MS...  I followed the instuctions in the video (http://www.asp.net/learn/ajax-videos/video-76.aspx ) on installing the toolkit, and everything went fine.  Then I followed the instructions in the video (http://www.asp.net/learn/ajax-videos/video-81.aspx ) on how to make the changes needed to web.config  for an existing  asp.net web site, and all went well.  Here is the problem: The existing website uses <pages> sytle sheet themes, so there is a line as follows: <...

Web resources about - Modify few web page with Ajax compatible web page - asp.net.ajax-discussion

List of Netflix compatible devices - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
^ http://www.netflix.com/NetflixReadyDevices , Stream Movies & TV Online, Watch Online Movies, Netflix Ready Device ^ Heater, Brian (July 14, ...

Are your names compatible?: love affinity calculator on the App Store on iTunes
Get Are your names compatible?: love affinity calculator on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Philips docks compatible with Apple's Lightning connector
Sets let you organize your photos on Flickr. Explore the 9 photos in this set.

Sony Xperia Z3+: Manual camera compatible! - YouTube
... hour with the Sony Xperia Z3+, we wanted to see if the new Sony flagship is capable of taking advantage of the manual camera APIs Google compatible ...

Budget surplus compatible with NDIS-Oppn

Good Game Stories - Backwards Compatible - The Power Glove
In the history of hair-brained game peripheral ideas there’s one that’s so bad it’s almost good - It’s the Nintendo Power Glove!

Sony's 4K movie streaming service compatible with PlayStation 4
Sony tries to destroy bandwidth caps everywhere with 100 GB downloads

Liberals Attack Kenney For Calling Irish Immigrants 'Culturally Compatible' In 2012 (VIDEO)
What did Employment Minister Jason Kenney mean when he said the Irish were culturally compatible with Canada? While in Dublin two years ago Kenney, ...

Asia-Pacific FTA compatible with multilateral trade systems: WTO
Asia-Pacific FTA compatible with multilateral trade systems: WTO People's Daily Online The director-general of the World Trade Organization ...

Swatch planning to introduce Android-compatible smartwatch and mobile payment service, CEO says
While Swatch certainly won't be partnering with Apple on the iPhone maker's upcoming Watch despite an ill-fated rumor that surfaced last year, ...