How well can Ajax and Javascript be used inside.Net application using C#?

In my experimentation with Ajax.Net I am not sure how far I can go with Ajax. NET and /or  javascript on the .NET platform.

Is there anyone who had used these technologies exstensively who can tell me who well they can be used on .NET's platform?

I guess what I am asking is...will using Ajax be like using ajax and or will using javascript be like using javascript when you use it on .NET's platform or will there be suttle diffrences?

Big Smile

thanks

Allen

0
callbainis

Ajax.net is basically just a javascript library like scriptaculous or others.  It has lots of helpful integration with asp.net.  I'd read the doc's and quickstarts at http://ajax.asp.net/

that will help you understand.  You really are using javascript with just microsoft's javascript libraries.

HTH's.

Peter Kellner
http://73rdstreet.com and blogging at
http://PeterKellner.net
MVP, ASP.NET
0
pkellner

How can i use ajax scriptmanager inside form view and purpose of using templete inside it?
 Hi, I have a form view. inside item templete i have put a script manager and update panel n paging.(implementing ajax) now when i load the page for the first time the page loads and shows the data. but as soon as click the second record, it shows following error:-Only one instance of a ScriptManager can be added to the page.Line 27: FormView1.DataSource = ds;Line 28: FormView1.DataBind(); 1.Whats wrong here? 2. what is the use of different templete of the formview? 3. how do i bind checkbox,radiobutton,dropdownlist,listbox in the formvie...

How to Add Applications to ADAM using vb.net or C#.net
 Hi Pls thrown light  any one on How to Add Applications to ADAM using vb.net or C#.net RegardsMallikarjunaP.Mallikarjuna...

Using Dot Net Nuke to maintain a site developed in VS.NET using C#
Hi,Does anyone know if there is a way to create a site using C# and Visual Studio.NET 2003, but then use Dot Net Nuke to allow non-technical users to add content to the site.  The current state of the site must be accessible in both VS.NET and DNN regardless of which application saved it last.  Also preferably I would like the language used to remain C# even when edited by the marketing staff, so that I can still maintain it myself using VS.NET.  Hope you understand what I mean. If this is not possible, I wonder if anyone knows what solution I am after.   Thanks in adv...

Help! Can anybody tell me if I can use Visual Studio.NET to develop Web application at my home using Windows XP Home Edition?
Can anybody tell me if I can use Visual Studio.NET to develop Web application at my home using Windows XP Home Edition? I downloaded Web Martrix. But I don't want to use its IDE. I just want to use its webserver because Home Edition can't have IIS. Thanks.HeiGe Visual Studio.NET neededs IIS, But in home addition you can't use IIS. So in XPHome you can't use Visual Studio.NET from ASP.NET development!Sreedharhttp://www.w3coder.orgweblog http://weblogs.asp.net/skoganti Thanks for your answer. But I have successfully added IIS to my XP Home. Special thanks to Holeinone, Pippo a...

how can postback use ajax.net beta2
in atlas      var postBack = new Sys.WebForms.PostBackAction();     postBack.set_target("ctl00_MainContentHolder_btnAccAdd");     postBack.set_eventArgument('');     postBack.performAction();  but beta2 Sys.WebForms.PostBackAction object not exist   how can i do it? hello.xml-script and actions are defined in the value-added bits. download the november ctp and install it. thena dd the previewscript.js file to your page and everything should work ok.-- Regards,Luis Abreuemail: labreu_at_gmail.comEN blog:http...

Can I use C code in a .net application?
or a c class? Yes. Check out this thread: http://forums.asp.net/thread/1552668.aspx Hope this helps, VivekSocial Networking Platform in ASP.NET || Join now: CodeASP.NET Community Please mark the most helpful reply/replies as "Answer"....

How benificial is it to use VS.NET? Can I do just as well with VB.NET?
How benificial is it to use VS.NET? Can I do just as well with VB.NET? I'm probably going to be moving from handcoding with HomeSite and ASP Classic to ASP.NET. From all I read VS.NET seems the tool of choice but expensive. Will VB.NET do just as well if all I plan to write is VB code? Any other good choices? Thanks As far as i know there is no Product" entitled vb.net. Visual Studio.Net 2002/2003 differs from it's non .net predesser (mental block, cant spell - sorry) in that all technologies (ie. VB, c# C++, J#) are developed from within the one application(IDE). There...

How to use Google Ajax Toolkit and Yahoo Ajax Toolkit in .Net 2.0
This is Ramesh,I know how work with MicroSoft  Ajax Toolkit, But i need : how to work with google and yahoo Ajax Toolkit's in .Net 2.0Is there any way to work  with google and yahoo Ajax Toolkit's in .Net 2.0 ?Please help any body as soon as,  Please Please Help me with in short time Thank youRamesh    Ramesh.M...

How to update/modify a ADAM user/Group/Application using vb.net or c#.net
 Hi I  need  help for update/modify a ADAM user/Group/Application using vb.net or c#.net RegardsMallikarjunaP.Mallikarjuna Hi,you can take a look at this Microsoft support site: http://search.microsoft.com/search/results.aspx?view=en-us&st=a&na=84&qu=adam+update+group&qp=&qa=&qn=&c=4&s=0Also, when I think about ADAM/Active directory and doing something against this technology I think of LDAP queries, so this becomes: http://www.google.be/search?hl=nl&q=ldap+query+C%23&meta=Grz, Kris.Read my blog. Handy Firefox plugins fo...

How to call server side function by javascript using Ajax.Net
Sir, I want to call the server side function by javascript function. Is it possible using Ajax.Net (System.Web.Extensions.dll or AjaxControlToolkit.dll)? If yes then please give me the code or URL. I found some article using Ajax.dll but I want to use System.Web.Extensions.dll or AjaxControlToolkit.dll. Please help me. Thanks in advance Paresh        Hi, Ajax.NET and ASP.NET AJAX, what you want, are completely different implementations so please be sure to use the correct terminology in the future as there are already 100+ AJAX frameworks aroun...

Web resources about - How well can Ajax and Javascript be used inside.Net application using C#? - asp.net.ajax-discussion

Application developers struggle to adapt to changing licensing models
Application producers are aware of rapid change impacting their ability to make money from their software products, but they're not adopting ...

MBA: Mortgage Applications Decrease in Latest MBA Weekly Survey, Purchase Applications up 30% YoY
From the MBA: Mortgage Applications Slightly Decrease in Latest MBA Weekly Survey Mortgage applications decreased 0.2 percent from one week ...

Mortgage applications down 0.2%

LED market saturation to drive industry to seek profits in new applications in 2016, says LEDinside
According to LEDinside, LED makers had an especially tough year in 2015. "Despite rising LED lighting market demand and the large scale replacement ...