How to do post back in a dynamically created user control [provided that update panel is in the master page of the page where user control is added] {B/C of FileUpload Control}

I have a register my scriptmanager and place the update panel around contenttempalte for my pages int the master page.

Now in one of my pages i am adding some user controls dynamically.

In two of my user user controls I have FileUpload control which will not work under partial post back.
So I want's full postback for them
How could I do that {Provided that i am on the user control,which is inside the page ,and page have the contenttemplate which have the update panel set around it in the master page}
Kamran Shahid
Sr. Software Engineer
(MCP,MCAD.net,MCSD.net,MCTS,MCPD.net[web])
Netprosys Inc.
www.netprosys.com

Remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps U
0
kamii47

I think PostBackTrigger class will help you.

0
dumchikov
10/25/2007 6:28:09 AM

an alternative is to call the registerpostback method of the scriptmanager class and pass the control that is supposed to start a postback (do notice that you must pass a control that starts a postback)

--
Regards,
Luis Abreu

User Control controls not created when dynamically creating user control
  Have created a user control for displaying and editing a dynamically number of values. The user control contains two labels and an edit box. When dynamically loading the user control I get an error when the control itself tries to change setting on the fields within the user control.   Why doesnt this work? It works okay if I dont load it dynamically but create a user-control-instance in the aspx-page but thats no solution.   Thankyou!     Here is my code:   ucDataValue.ascx   <%@ Control Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true&...

Using controls from pages, master pages, and user controls
How would I structure my site in this scenario: I'd like to use a dropdownlist all over my site, sometimes in a regular page, sometimes in a master page, and sometimes in a user control.  I wish to bind its events programmatically, so normally I would just put that in the codebehind.  However, I notice a lot of code duplication because I have to declare the control in everywhere, in my base page (which all my pages inherit from), in my base master page (which all my master pages inherit from) and in my base user control (which all my user controls inherit from).How should I be...

Master Control
I find Master Page idea brilliante. But wouldn't it be nice to have an ability to assign master layout for user controls? Does anyone know of something like that? Look into Themes and Skins. Skins are user to set a template for a contol.Themes and SkinsThemes and Skins 2 www.hopeasp.net Hmm Sean, themes and skins will only help with STYLING the components not layout. What I need is something to set the LAYOUT of the user control and use that master layout to place components in. Like in master page but in user controls.Simple example: Master Control fileUsercontrol layout st...

Problem adding a Dynamic Control to a page FROM a User Control
I've made a set of user controls that consist of text boxes with rangevalidators tied to them. I'm trying to make it so that if there is not validation summary present on the page that the user control is dropped onto/used on, the user control will also inject into the page a validation summary control.  Of course with user controls you cannot override the PreInit() method, which is normally where you create dynamic controls. So when I attempt the following code in either Init, load, or prerender:     Protected Sub Page_Init(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As EventArg...

Hi,  Please help,  I've posted this a week ago and never got a response.  I'm still stuck on the same problem.I have a panel that I load user Control in no problem.  The problemarrises when I do a post back on one of these user controls.  I havebutton it does a click event.  In this click event I will do somedatabase updates, then I will use reflection to call a method in theparent (this.page) to load the new user control.  Its at this pointafter it loads the new user control that it throws the error "Thecontrol must be placed inside a form tag...

Obtain instance of Main.master from within User Control code behind when user control is referenced from a nested master page
I have a user control that's being referenced from within a nested master page.  I need to FROM WITHING THE USER CONTROL itself (not the other way around, not Master to user control) access a control in the master page because I need to set it's ImageURL.The setup is like this:Main.master (holds a Menu control called Menu1)        Admin.master (inherits Main.master)                   myusercontrol.ascx (is referenced in Admin.master) I cannot figure out how to get an instance to Main.master from within my...

Creating a User Control validator that validates a control on the page, rather than inside the control.
I'm trying to create a custom user control that is nothing more than a RangeValidator that validates other controls that lie on the page rather than inside the control itself... is this possible, is there a way to "bubble" it up. Thanks, G My answer to your other question regarding the CompareValidator applies here. If the custom control is in the same naming container AND does not implement INamingContainer, you can create a property that lets the user assign the control to validate. Internally assign the Validator.ControlToValidate property to the value of that property.-...

download a Framework for using User Controls in single page and loading User Control in dynamicly.
 DynamicUserControlFramework through a series of custom interface extends the Page and UserControl type, and in the process of dynamic ASP.NET pages called User Controls, back in control of events in the course of the conversation, and Page can effectively control the dynamic control Predefined behavior.In DynamicUserControlFramework on the basis of, we can achieve a certain degree of modular development, to User Control as a unit, a plug-in combination, because Page and User Control of the acts are united in a series of interface, different modules on the integration and communication ...

Need to access a Label Control on the Master Page from a user control attached to a content page
Hello all, I have a master page (say  site.master)  with a status Label in it. I have a content page ( say content.aspx)  that has a user control (say usercontrol.ascx). One of the Button Click Events in the usercontrol.ascx needs to pass on some text onto the status label on the masterpage(LabelStatusMsg) and display it. I have been able to do this directly off a content page (content.aspx) by using the following code (VB)  on the master page <%@ MasterType virtualpath="~/site.master" %> and Dim mpLabel As Label = CType(Master.FindControl("LabelStatusMsg"),...

Single page with multiple user web controls VS Multiple page with specific user web controls
I have a question regarding single page with multiple user web controls vs multiple page with specific user web controls   Option 1: I am of the opinion to have multiple pages with specific user web controls and use an object to store all the information as the user navigates through the application. And finally at the end, read this object and save all the information to the backend database.   Option 2: My respected team member suggests that we have only one page, with all the specific user web controls and not use an object, instead show/hide the user web controls based ...

How to access page control (editor control) from user control?
Hi, I want to do something, but I don't know if it's even possible. I'm trying to make a simple application to edit my website. I have a page called editPage.aspx which contains an editor control. (cuteEditor from cutesoft) I also have a Treeview that dynamically populates my website structure. I placed this treeview in a custom control (populateTreeView.ascx) and placed it on the editPage.aspx page. When you click on a html file in the treeview (inside the custom control) I check if the file exists. If it does exists I send it to a class which retrieves the editable region within this ...

Add user control from user control to web page
Hi there, I have a user control, that is inside another user control on a web page. From this user contfol, I need to add something to a place holder on the parent web page. I am having troubles referencing the placeholder correclty. I can get it fine as build time, but on runtime it kicks up the "Object reference not set to an instance of an object" error. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. -------------------------------------------------------------- protected Civil_and_Corporate.candcadmin._default _default; ------------------------- Control objControl...

Adding multiple user controls to a web page -- Tutorial example involving copyRughtNotice and pageHeader user controls.
Hello: Please help me... I am trying to work through the tutorial example for adding the pageHeader.ascx usr control to a web form that already has a user conrol embedded in it, I followed the instructions verbatim, and, NO PAGE HEADER AT ALL!!!! What am I doing wrong? I really need help on this ASAP!!! Thnx, Carle Eric Giannelli Carle Eric Giannelli Can you post the code at the top of the .ASPX page? Specifically the <%@ parts... http://www.heliosfx.com Sure, The code at the top of the copyRightNotice.aspx page is: <%@ Page Language="VB" %>...

access controls in user control on a master page
Have a simple question.. I have a dropdown list in a user control within a master page.When I change selection in ddl, I want to access value on the content page.For that, right now I need to refresh the page.. don't know why.. one way around this cud be to declare a public property for UserControl and access it, but I can ONLY see this UserControl in MasterPage... not in a content pageWhile rendering, first content page loads, then MasterPage.. so I can not access changed/current value in the dropdown.. Can someone help?-------------------------------------------------Click on &...

Web resources about - How to do post back in a dynamically created user control [provided that update panel is in the master page of the page where user control is added] {B/C of FileUpload Control} - asp.net.ajax-discussion