How to develop a website without using update panels using ajax . .

hi all,

 How to develop a website without using update panels using ajax . . .

since i m using many update panels in a single page it loads slowly....

Ashok
0
ashok

Hi

You can use asp.net ajax web service approach to develop your website which will give far more better performance compared to update panels . And In order to get the best out of web service approach you can use DotNetSlackers ajaxdataControls(ADC) like gridview , datalist etc which enables you to do alomst everything on client side using javascript . With this you can dramatically increase the overall performance of your web pages.

Regards
Pawan Mishra
“The greatest compliment that was ever paid to me was when one asked me what I thought, and attended to my answer.” - Henry David Thoreau
0
Pawan_Mishra
11/13/2008 5:50:03 AM

hi pawan,

can u send any links or example using webservice without update panels...

any site 2 refer...

Ashok
0
ashok
11/13/2008 6:44:43 AM

Hi

Following are some links which explains how you can use web services to build asp.net web applications .

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/magazine/cc163499.aspx ( Nice one )

http://www.developer.com/net/asp/article.php/3657826

http://geekswithblogs.net/JuanDoNeblo/archive/2007/10/24/json_in_aspnetajax_part1.aspx ( its a 3 part series which gives proper understanding of how web services actually work ).

Regards
Pawan Mishra
“The greatest compliment that was ever paid to me was when one asked me what I thought, and attended to my answer.” - Henry David Thoreau
0
Pawan_Mishra

How to use Enableviewstate property of Label While using Update Panel of AJAX Controls?
Hello Everybody, I am using Update Panel control in my one section of the page. There is one Label showing messages while performing actions in that section. So I have set Enableviewstate property of the Label to False. For Example If i add some data then it will show "The Data added successfully". Now when user do some other action then that Label should not be visible to him. So what i am doing here is manually setting visible property of label to false. I have to do this task in every other actions of this section. So when i do not use update panel then automatically th...

Getting JavaScipt Error Intermittently While using AJAx Update Panel, AJAX Toolkit Control
I am using UpdatePanel, ModalPopupExtender and CollapsiblePanelExtender in my ASP.NET. Locally on WinXP, everythng is working okay. But on production envirnment, I am getting JavaScript errors intermittently. I am pasting error below. When I try to debug, it shows error in "ScriptResource.xsd?d=xxxxxxx"Error: 'ig_csom' is undefined// use igcsom.getElementById wherever is possible function igtbl_getElementById(tagId) {        if(!document) return;        var obj=ig_csom.getElementById(tagId);    <=...

Use of Ajax in WebSite which is not Ajax enabled.
How to use Ajax in a web site which is not Ajax enabled. When i tried to implemet the same i recieved an error saying "Sys" not defined. What should i do now.  "Sys is not defined" error - ASP.NET Forumsdid you try to just copy web.config file of a Ajax Enabled Application to your Web Application  which is not Ajax Enabled ??Thanx, [KaushaL] || BloG || Profile || Microsoft MVP"I would love to change the world, but they won’t give me the source code"Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you.This credits that memb...

How can we apply AJAX on controls at runtime without using Update Panel
I had got two dropdown list one for Item Group and other for Item. I don't want to place my dropdown inside update panel. How can I fill Item downdown when Item Group is selected from Item Group's dropdown withot refreshing page ie by applying AJAX on dropdown control at runtime without using Update Panel. I had heard that on page load write : ScriptManager1.RegisterAsyncPostBackControl(drpItem); But it didn't work.  ScriptManager1.RegisterAsyncPostBackC must use updatepanel.please refer to http://forums.asp.net/t/1251146.aspxBest Reg...

Samples of using ajax without using toolkit
Hi,           I am new to asp.net. Anyone please give me some samples or examples of ajax by using callbacks without using toolkit and without database.  Please reply soon...   Thanks In Advance <asp:Label id="Time" runat="server"></asp:Label><asp:ScriptManager id="sm1" runat="server"></asp:ScriptManager> <asp:UpdatePanel>    <ContentTemplate>        <asp:Button id="Button" runat="server&q...

How do I use an ajax indicator without using and updatepanel?
Hi, I have an onclick event that calls a javascript function that calls a webservice via ajax (the webservice has the [ScriptService] attribute.) How can I have an ajax indicator without using the updatepanel.  Nothing so far has required the updatepanel.  I tried a simple visible and then hidden style, but it isn't working. Thank you for any help.  Add the indicator (an animated gif? or some text) to a div which is absolutely positioned has z-index set and also has id, like:<div id="progress" style="position: absolute; left: 100px; top: 100px; width:...

Performance Issues using 10 AJAX Update Panels
Hello        I am having speed issues with one of my pages that has 10 update panels.        Each panel has a number of text boxes (with postback) that accept numerical values and update other parts of the page.        I conditionally update only those panels that need to be refreshed but it is still too slow.        I use fiddler to monitor the traffic and still see a large chunk of HTML being returned between 35KB and 55KB.      &nb...

how i use ajax in web application without using ajaxtoolkit?
Hello, to every one i m new in ajax, plz help meso plz tell me how i start ajax in .net without using ajaxtoolkit or dlls Thankx in advanced Regardz ParhiyarThe best and most important Thing in this world is to help others so that then GOD Helps u!! So keep help Others!!!!! you dont need the controltoolkit.... that is just a set of pre-packaged controls for usage. You could do the exact same thing that any one of them does with just the native Asp controls and the Ajax extentions.... http://www.asp.net/learn/ajax-videos/video-75.aspx  Improve Your Coding StandardsRules to Succ...

using AJAX controls with a non AJAX enabled website?
I am using VWD 2005, and have just installed ASP.NET AJAX 1.0/Toolkit. I have an existing website which is not obviously AJAX enabled (because I have only just installed AJAX). If I want to use AJAX controls with this website do I first need to 'upgrade' the website to AJAX enabled? and if so how do I do this?   Cheers MArco Marco Gwiliani http://www.asp.net/LEARN/webcasts/webcast-141.aspxThanks and RegardsS.K.Vignesh----------------------Do remember to "Mark as answer" for this post or the post that helped you solve...

can v do partial update in page and code also using Ajax update panel?
can v do partial update in page and code also using Ajax update panel? I mean i have 2 user controls in my page. I have applied update panel in 1st user control. After clicking some action button, I want execute the code for first user control only.  But in my case, 2 user controls are getting loaded. But 1st user control only updated in page. This(2nd user control) is unnecessary calling la.  Please read this thread:UpdatePanels inside UserControls ...

Problem using AJAX Update panel
 Dear all, I write some code in asp.net here i use required field validator and ajax update panel .when i first time press button its insert value successfully and firsttime if i set text box value empty it's error message .but when i press button second time and text box is empty then my press button not work but didn't show any error message.I use all control (text box and button) IN UPDATE PANEL. BEST REGARDS AZAD Azad Hi,   put your required field validator outside the update panel.Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post ...

Concerns about using AJAX controls in a Non AJAX enabled Website
Platform VS 2005, VB.net  I created my existing asp.net Website without AJAX controls and today I ran into a situation where I need to use an AJAX control.  I download the AJAX Extensions and AJAX Control ToolKit.  I would like to add a calendar extension control to one of my existing webpages that has a Formview1 control. I thinking just like the example, add a script manager control to the page and the calendar extension and everything should work without me have to redo the whole web application or page in a AJAX enabled website.  I not su...

Use Ajax Control Toolkit without .NET?
Hello,  I couldn't find any (good) documentation about the Ajax Control Toolkit and would like to know if it can also be used independently of the .Net framework, e.g. with php or java on the server.  thanks, luke Hey, No, it requires the ASP.NET AJAX extensions, which has to use .NET.  You may be able to find a port for Mono; don't know anything about that.  Brian"Trust in the Lord and do what is good; dwell in the land and live securely. Take delight in the Lord, and He will give you your heart's desires" (Psalm 37: 3-4)....

How do I update text in a panel using ajax and a timer?
 This is a pretty basic question, I just need to update a textbox every few minutes without using a postback. The text is pulled from a sql query. Is there a example for how to do this somewhere? (simialar to how gmail updates, etc...) keepin' it real in the ATX. Take a look at this:  http://encosia.com/index.php/2007/07/25/display-data-updates-in-real-time-with-ajax/If you're only updating a simple text label, you could skip the UpdatePanel in my example and update that text on the client side, using a web method.A combination of those two examples should give you w...

Web resources about - How to develop a website without using update panels using ajax . . - asp.net.ajax-discussion

Develop (magazine) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Develop is a monthly trade magazine for the video games industry. Based in Hertford , Hertfordshire , the magazine allows participation by anyone ...

Information Is Power: Facebook Develops ThreatData To Compile Data On Web Threats
... is gathering and consolidating as much data on those threats as possible, and Facebook took a major step forward on that front with its development ...

AppsFlyer, a Facebook Preferred Mobile Measurement Partner, develops support for mobile app action ads ...
... Partner, announced that they’ve launched support for the newly-released mobile app action ads . Through the AppsFlyer NativeTrack SDK, developers ...

Develop Jobs (@develop_jobs) on Twitter
Sign in Sign up You are on Twitter Mobile because you are using an old version of Internet Explorer. Learn more here Develop Jobs @ develop_jobs ...

Develop The Game, Build A Better Future - Twitter Blogs
... importantly, nations and people aroun...... Skip to main content Blog Have an account? Sign in Search form Search All Twitter Blogs &nbsp Develop ...

Adam Kazwell's answer to Steve Jobs: How did Steve Jobs develop his taste and appreciation for good design ...
Adam Kazwell's answer: Per a quote from Larry Ellison, Jobs appreciated perfection: > "I remember when Steve was my neighbor in Woodside, Calif., ...

Where is my bone? FREE - A game that will develop your brain memory. on the App Store on iTunes
Get Where is my bone? FREE - A game that will develop your brain memory. on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews. ...

All sizes - Ray Kurzweil, JavaOne Keynote, JavaOne + Develop 2010 San Francisco - Flickr - Photo Sharing ...

Stanford scientists develop 'smart battery' to warn of fire hazards - YouTube
Stanford University scientists have developed a “smart” lithium-ion battery that gives ample warning before it overheats and bursts into flames. ...

Push to develop Calder road network
James Williams and Lisa Chesters say the Calder road network poses safety concerns.