How do I get started with AJAX.Net?

Hi All,

I'm a seasoned asp.net developer but have not yet ventured into atlas et al.

 I prefer books, but will take whatever I can get if it's good and will get me going.

Any recommendations?

Thx in advance.

Jeff

0
JeffXL

try here first

http://ajax.asp.net/downloads/default.aspx?tabid=47

then learn from sample and doc

James Wu (MIB426)
.NET is only way to go
MCP, MCSE, MCDBA, MCSD, MCAD
0
MIB426
1/24/2007 3:32:43 AM

I find the materials online display features and implementations but are lacking architectural depth, and am seeking more comprehensive resources.

By architectural depth, I mean that I cannot watch a video and the code something right away. I'm left guessing...

 Any additional recommendations?

0
JeffXL
1/25/2007 8:41:14 PM

I find the materials online display features and implementations but are lacking architectural depth, and am seeking more comprehensive resources.

By architectural depth, I mean that I cannot watch a video and then code something right away. I'm left guessing...

 Any additional recommendations?

0
JeffXL
1/25/2007 8:41:32 PM

have you see this tutorial http://ajax.asp.net/docs

regards.

0
Lovely
1/25/2007 9:10:43 PM

I haven't yet, for fear of wasting much more time on videos that show what can be done but don't show how to do it clearly.

 I shall take the time to look this section over.

ty

0
JeffXL

Does anyone know of either an ajax.net blog available or an 'inline editor' for ajax.net?
Hey all:  I'm desperately trying to find an AJAX control (I don't care if it's currently for ASP.NET AJAX.NET, since if not, I'll do the conversion and make it available to others) for creating blogs and another inline editor control, so that if there is text on the page, I can click on the text and it will automatically display an editor and allow me to edit the text/html.  Does anyone know of a control like this that's AJAX enabled?  Especially AJAX.NET.  I'm only interested in open-source, since any improvements I make I will make available on codeplex.com Thanks in...

Old AJAX in .NET 1.1 compatibility with .NET framework 2.0. Ajax does not work always ....................
Hello,I have converted the web site from .NET 1.1 to .NET 2.0. Some of the pages in the web site use AJAX which was developed in .NET 1.1Ajax does not work smoothly in .NET 2.0. Do I have to use ATLAS or is there any fix I can use to make the AJAX work ?Please let me know. Many thanks in advance. Nick..........

adding Ajax to my non-Ajax .NET web site
Hi all I've a site that i developed by .NET (visual studio.net 2005 - VB.net) and want to add Ajax into the pages now. I've downloaded required AJAX tools and be able to develop AJAX enabled pages but want to integrate ajax features to existing pages. Could you please help me how i can do this? Thanksmcb Look at the videos here: http://www.asp.net/learn/ajax-videos/  (number 7 in particular)Steve Wellens My blog if a web site is a normal asp web site then u have to add these lines in web.config under the system.web tag         <httpHand...

Ajax.Net
Hi,I'm starting to use Ajax.Net latest version http://www.schwarz-interactive.de with ASP .Net version 1.1. I tried to follow tutorial from the page above, but never get it work. So here is my code:test.aspx:testtest webapps.sample.test.Message(Message_CallBack); webapps.sample.test.Message(Message_CallBack);<%@ Page language="c#" Codebehind="test.aspx.cs" AutoEventWireup="false" Inherits="webapps.test" %>...javascript code in the same file: webapps.test.Message(Message_CallBack); webapps.sample.test.Message(Message_CallBack); ...

ajax.net
hi i'm a new ajax and asp.net developer i have a problem about my project how can i do if i want to choose my first Dropdown for choose type then second Dropdown will add name of choosen type all data come from database now i can add first Dropdown from select command but i can't link choosen data for the select command for add item to second Dropdown   plz help thank you Maybe this link helps you to populate the controls in AJAX http://ajax.alpascual.com/DynamicPopulate/DynamicPopulate.aspxCheersAlMy BlogMapStats.NETPlease click on 'Mark as Answer' if this post ...

To AJAX, or not to AJAX?
Some body suggested to me to use AJAX. I figured it's not the brand name detergent nor the Dutch city. So here is what I have and please tell me if it ca be done with ajax, and perhaps point me to some examples, etc. The page contains several GridViews and FormViews that display data using several data calls. (Yeah, there is my first issue. Need to figure out how to cash all that.) This is an application that track work orders, so the top most FV has the user info and summary information of the work order. It is editable and so far it works well. There is also another set of infroamt...

AJAX .NET
AJAX = Asynchronous JavaScript and XMLIts the technology google is using for gmail (the most well know example I can think of). If you use gmail or have tried it out, you'd know how cool and fast it is to use. Michael Schwarz from Germany has created an amazing componet called AJAX.NET. It's a dll .net assembly that allows you to make use of AJAX very easily. Anyone using it here?http://ajax.schwarz-interactive.de/csharpsample/default.aspx-DarrenNeese.com-DNN ROCKS!-DeveloperSchool.com A better example is google maps. Thanks for the link. View My Blog Download My URL Rewriter and Rever...

My AJAX is not AJAXing!
Hi, I was having trouble with a new AJAX enabled code so I tried to just to do a simple test page. I did the simple Label control with button example covered in this tutorial http://www.asp.net/learn/ajax/tutorial-01-cs.aspx I'm having the same problem. Functionalitw-wise it works but the page is refreshing and flickering. That means it's not the code but maybe my set up. I'm using VisualStudio 2005 and the application is currenty .NET 2.0. In VS.NET, I do see the AJAX controls though. What could this be?Thanks,Sam did you install the Ajax extensions? Now, it's AJAXing!...

ajax or not to ajax.
Heres a strange one for you. I have a textbox, a button and a gridview on a page. I enter some search text which returns 500 odd records in under a second. When i wrap the gridview in an updatepanel, set its update mode to "conditional" and the trigger to the button the page can take 2-4 seconds to render. I think the problem is down to page redering some how as my progress indicator stops at around the same time as the normal postback would appear. I have also noticed this very behaviour and have come to the conclusion that in cases like this it is better to hand code a XMLHttp...

Error I am getting with AJAX.NET RC1
Hello All, I have installed AJAX.NET RC 1 on my system... but I am getting this error message when I am opening page:  Microsoft Internet Explorer---------------------------Assertion Failed: References within xml-script are not yet supported in the Preview, include the script with <script src='script.js' type='text/javascript'> in the page header instead.\r\n\r\nBreak into debugger?   Pls. suggest me. Thanks & RegardsAvanish Pandey    Hi Avapandey, Take a look a this maybe this helps!! http://aspadvice.com/blogs/garbin/default.aspx  subject:...

.NET AJAX
Is anyone can direct me to a good tutorial about creating an AJAX based applications. Thanks.Best regards,Ron. There are some examples on using AJAX with AJAX.NET. Also, you may want to check out the ATLAS section of this site. HTH,RyanRyan OlshanASPInsider | Microsoft MVP, ASP.NEThttp://ryanolshan.comHow to ask a question And to add to that reply This guy has been working on comparing all the different AJAX options, its a pretty good read http://www.daniel-zeiss.de/AJAXComparison/Results.htm"If you make it idiot proof, they'll build a better idiot" Thanks, I wil...

ajax .net 2 after ajax call is done how to call JS alert
 helo guys, i'm new herekindly let me know, i've used the folowing but no alertin debug i saw cursor is coming but no alert     Dim strScript As String = "<script language=JavaScript>"        strScript += "alert(""" & StrMessage & """);"        strScript += "</script>"        If (Not Page.ClientScript.IsStartupScriptRegistered("Alertscript")) Then   &nb...

Web resources about - How do I get started with AJAX.Net? - asp.net.ajax-discussion

Can't Stop This Thing We Started - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
" Can't Stop This Thing We Started " is a song by Canadian singer and songwriter Bryan Adams . The song was written by Adams and Robert John ...

Facebook On Advertising, Monetization During 3Q Earnings Call: We’re Just Getting Started
A common theme during Facebook’s third-quarter earnings call Tuesday was the fact that many of the social network’s monetization efforts launched ...

Almost finished with the first building. So let’s get started on another!
A little more than a year ago, we announced that Altoona would be the home for our newest data center. Since then, more than 460 people, mostly ...

Getting Started with the Facebook SDK for Android v3.0 - Facebook-Entwickler
%FB(devsite:image &#123;&quot;src&quot;: &quot;[asset:469109233122209]&quot;, &quot;width&quot;:136,...

Facebook Exchange: what it is and who to work with to get started
... they did not reply to our requests for information. AdRoll Self-serve software or managed services? Both. Minimum spend or cost to get started? ...

tonyhaile.com - Revolutions Started, Alligators Wrestled, Uprisings Quelled
I should say this is a story about an expedition, a grand adventure, a test of human endurance. I should say that. This is a story about failure. ...

Getting started with login verificati
... whose accounts have been compromised... Skip to main content Blog Have an account? Sign in Search form Search All Twitter Blogs Getting started ...

iPhone 7 rumours have started already with facial recognition log-in
Of course, this won&#39;t come as a complete surprise to the biometrics industry as it has been predicted for some time and no doubt Samsung ...

How do I get started in angel investing?
Answer (1 of 9): For dealflow, check out Y Combinator and the other incubators that are popping up all over the world. Also check out AngelList. For ...

Twist and Go - Everything you need to get started on a scooter on the App Store
Read reviews, compare customer ratings, see screenshots, and learn more about Twist and Go - Everything you need to get started on a scooter. ...