Error Message: Method not found: 'Void System.Web.UI.ScriptManager.RegisterClientScriptBlock(System.Web.UI.Page, System.Type, System.String, System.String, Boolean)'.

I have a website which is running on IIS 5.1. Wen ever I am trying to access any page based on .net framework 2.0 I get this error

Error Message: Method not found: 'Void System.Web.UI.ScriptManager.RegisterClientScriptBlock(System.Web.UI.Page, System.Type, System.String, System.String, Boolean)'.

I tried reinstalling AJAX extensions and now along with that error I am getting a new one

Compilation Error

Description: An error occurred during the compilation of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific error details and modify your source code appropriately.

Compiler Error Message: CS0006: Metadata file 'C:\WINDOWS\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Web.Extensions\1.0.61025.0__31bf3856ad364e35\System.Web.Extensions.dll' could not be found

Any Idea wats goin on my server

OS: WIN 2k3 SP2

.net framework:2.0

AJAX Extension 1.0

IIS 5.1

Any help would be appericated.

0
arunmenon27

hello.

well, the errror seems to indicate that the system.web.extensions.dll can't be found on the gac. are you sure the installation went ok?

--
Regards,
Luis Abreu

Please refer to this Kb article: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/934839

1
Raymond

Method not found: 'Void System.Web.UI.ScriptManager.RegisterHiddenField(System.Web.UI.Page, System.String, System.String)'. error
Hi,  I have used the Animation control of the Ajax Control Toolkit successfully on my local PC. The web site was successfully launched on a third party hosting company. Recently, I had to change to another third party hosting company and now I get the following error on the page where I used the Animation control. All other pages are working fine. Does any one know how I can resolve this error?   Method not found: 'Void System.Web.UI.ScriptManager.RegisterHiddenField(System.Web.UI.Page, System.String, System.String)'. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during t...

Method not found: 'Void System.Web.UI.ScriptManager.RegisterHiddenField(System.Web.UI.Page, System.String, System.String)'
I downloaded the 10618 version and can not get it working.  The sample website that comes with the release gives me this error on every page I try to browse. Method not found: 'Void System.Web.UI.ScriptManager.RegisterHiddenField(System.Web.UI.Page, System.String, System.String)' Stack Trace: [MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'Void System.Web.UI.ScriptManager.RegisterHiddenField(System.Web.UI.Page, System.String, System.String)'.]   AjaxControlToolkit.ToolkitScriptManager.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +0   System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +47&n...

'Void System.Web.UI.ScriptManager.RegisterHiddenField(System.Web.UI.Page, System.String, System.String)'
It code worked fine on my PC..but gettting following message on server.... 'Void System.Web.UI.ScriptManager.RegisterHiddenField(System.Web.UI.Page, System.String, System.String)'  i checked this thread http://forums.asp.net/p/1123792/1869084.aspx#1869084  but it doesn't help me...  My Blog"Don't be afraid to be wrong; otherwise you'll never be right." Updating global assembly cache of server, solved this error Some how installation is not updating GAC..so you have to do it manuallyMy Blog"Don't be afraid to be wrong; otherwis...

System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'Void System.Web.UI.HtmlControls.HtmlForm.set_Action(System.String)'.
I just updated a site that has been running for 1.5 years.  I updated it each month and have never had a problem.  This time I get the error below when using a search field on the site.  I worked on it for the past several hours but cannot find what the problem is.  I searched the web but could only find one post which did not help.  Any help will be greatly appreciated. Method not found: 'Void System.Web.UI.HtmlControls.HtmlForm.set_Action(System.String)'. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request...

Beta 2/RC incompatibility? (Method not found: 'System.String System.Web.UI.ICallbackEventHandler.RaiseCallbackEvent(System.String)')
Hi Everybody,We are currently building a couple of custom (web) controls for ASP.NET 2.0. Compiling them with .NET Framework Build 2.0.50215 works fine. Compiling them with Build 2.0.50727 (which came with VS.NET 2005 Team Suite RC and likely with the Release, too) always results into aError 1 Method not found: 'System.String System.Web.UI.ICallbackEventHandler.RaiseCallbackEvent(System.String)'.As this is within the System namespace we guess it's an internal method supporting the .NET infrastructure.Is there anybody - maybe from MS - who can investigate this issue and comment on i...

System.MissingMethodException: Method Not Found: 'Void System.Web.DynamicData.DynamicDataManager.RegisterControl(System.Web.UI.Control, Boolean)' problem
Hi! I made a new Dynamic Data Entity Web Project and I get this error message when i run the website. The errors comes when the list.aspx is run.I have installed the newest drop of the dynamic data and the newest dynamic data futures.Any suggestions?  Regards Kenneth Hi Kenneth, is this a basic scaffolded website with no custom code? What version are you running? You can get the latest bit from: Visual Studio 2008 Service Pack 1 Beta and Download Dynamic Data Runtime.Steve Seeking the elegant solution.[Oh! If olny I colud tpye!]c# Bits blogOh, and don't...

What is going on!!!! Global.System.Web.UI.ScriptManager Error 696 Type 'System.Web.UI.ScriptManager' is not defined.
Ok, I thought yesterday this was a problem with VS 2005.  I properly installed the AJAX framework 1.0.  Updated the web.config. The stupid designer file for my aspx keeps complaining about both the ScriptManager control and all UpdatePanel controls I threw onto the page and so when I try to build, it keeps giving me this error in the .designer file of my aspx!  About a half hour ago, I rendered the page just fine with these controls! Type 'System.Web.UI.ScriptManager' is not defined. Type 'System.Web.UI.UpdatePanel' is not defined.  When I thought this problem was jus...

Error 1 The type 'System.Web.UI.WebControls.LinqDataSource' exists in both 'c:\WINDOWS\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Web.Extensions\3.5.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35\System.Web.Extensions.dll' and 'c:\WINDOWS\asse
Once I build project. I encounter this error. Does someone experience this error?Error    1    The type 'System.Web.UI.WebControls.LinqDataSource' exists in both 'c:\WINDOWS\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Web.Extensions\3.5.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35\System.Web.Extensions.dll' and 'c:\WINDOWS\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Web.Extensions\3.6.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35\System.Web.Extensions.dll'    D:\Source Code\Linq_Lesson5\Default.aspx    1    1    D:\Source Code\Linq_Lesson5\  It appears tha...

Error: Cannot convert type 'System.Web.UI.Control' to 'System.Web.UI.WebControls.ButtonField'
Hello, I am getting the following error during compiliation. Any suggestions to fix it. Thanks. Cannot convert type 'System.Web.UI.Control' to 'System.Web.UI.WebControls.ButtonField' protected void gvEvents_RowCommand(Object sender, GridViewCommandEventArgs e) { if (e.CommandName == "Select") { int index = Convert.ToInt32(e.CommandArgument); GridViewRow selectedRow = gvEvents.Rows[index]; string sID; ButtonField btn; if (selectedRow.RowType == DataControlRowType.DataRow) { sID = ((ButtonField)selectedRow.FindControl("ID")).DataTextFi...

Problem with AjaxControl kit error Compiler Error Message: CS0433: The type 'System.Web.UI.ScriptManager' exists in both 'c:\WINDOWS\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Web.Extensions\1.0.61025.0__31bf3856ad364
I'm trying to use the Tabs from the Ajaxcontrol kit.I have installed Ajax WebExtension 1.0 to the server i'm runnig the apps fromI'm sure the version of my Ajaxcontrol kit and the System.Web.Extensions i'm trying to use is 1.0.61025. But it seems the one on 3.5 is also there since the server has been updated to v3.5 .net framework I get this error below:  Compiler Error Message: CS0433: The type 'System.Web.UI.ScriptManager' exists in both 'c:\WINDOWS\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Web.Extensions\1.0.61025.0__31bf3856ad364e35\System.Web.Extensions.dll...

Warning 4 'System.Web.UI.Page.GetPostBackEventReference(System.Web.UI.Control, string)' is obsolete
Hi I am using the following code in an ASP.NET C# web application: this.Page.GetPostBackEventReference(this, string.Empty);if (this.IsPostBack) {string eventTarget = (this.Request["__EVENTTARGET"] == null) ? string.Empty : this.Request["__EVENTTARGET"]; string eventArgument = (this.Request["__EVENTARGUMENT"] == null) ? string.Empty : this.Request["__EVENTARGUMENT"];if (eventTarget == "ForcedPostBack") { // This was a PostBack from the client-side forcedPostBack function... // eventArgument will equal "Some value to send server-...

Error Serializing Value 'System.Web.UI.WebCOntrols.TreeNode' of type 'System.Web.UI.WebCOntrols.TreeNode'
Hi, I am  getting the error stated in the subject when i am storing a TreeNode in a ViewState and then using it as follows if (ViewState["ProductCounty"]!=null) { TreeNode _productCountyNode = DataTree.FindNode(((TreeNode)ViewState["ProductCounty"]).ValuePath); _productCountyNode.Expand(); } what could be causing this error? Hi, I believe TreeNode isn't serializable in a way its required for objects which can be put to ViewState - as reference - (TreeNode implements IStateManager and is meant to work together with TreeView itself saving it...

Unable to cast object of type 'System.Web.UI.LiteralControl' to type 'System.Web.UI.WebControls.TextBox'.
Hi, any idea why I'm getting the following error?Line 45: protected void CartGrid_RowUpdating(object sender, System.Web.UI.WebControls.GridViewUpdateEventArgs e) Line 46: { Line 47: TextBox QuantityTextBox = (TextBox)CartGrid.Rows[e.RowIndex].Cells[2].Controls[0]; Line 48: int Quantity = Convert.ToInt32(QuantityTextBox.Text); Line 49: Are you sure that the control at CartGrid.Rows[e.RowIndex].Cells[2].Controls[0] isn't a LiteralControl?  How are you creating code this in your code?Brent JenkinsASP.NET, C#, Web Developerwww.valewebdesign.co.uk  ...

Unable to cast object of type 'System.Web.UI.LiteralControl' to type 'System.Web.UI.WebControls.TextBox'
Hello, Goal: enter a number in two fields HoursPerUnit and PeoplePerUnit and the value for the third field, TotalHoursPerUnit will populate after the the number in the two fields have been caculated.  Using the code below I receive the error message above.  Please tell me what am I doing wrong? Do I need to cast the text as a literal?  Please help? Thank you in advance, <%@ Page Language="VB" MasterPageFile="Default.master" AutoEventWireup="false" CodeFile="frmHR.aspx.vb" Inherits="frmHR"...

Web resources about - Error Message: Method not found: 'Void System.Web.UI.ScriptManager.RegisterClientScriptBlock(System.Web.UI.Page, System.Type, System.String, System.String, Boolean)'. - asp.net.ajax-discussion