Error 1 Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.Web.Preview' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

Trying to run the samples and this is the error I get.  After looking around I see others have gotten this error but with the beta versions.

My install is not a beta release and I have not had any of the betas installed.

 Any ideas?

0
steven999

I would look to your web config file or possibly your machine config file.   Im betting you somehow got some old beta settings in it.  possibly do a search for Microsoft.Web.Preview in your entire solution.

AjaxButter

0
AjaxButter
2/23/2007 5:34:25 PM

The other thing i just noticed is you said you were running the samples. Im betting your using an old compilation of the sample files that was meant to use the beta version redownload the sample your using and give it another go.

Sorry for the double post

AjaxButter

0
AjaxButter

 If you have installed the AJAX Extensions 1.0, the assembly Microsoft.Web.Preview not exists.

You must to replace all the references and assemblies in the samples for run this.

Hope this helps

0
jorgegrajales090
2/23/2007 5:51:20 PM
Replace with what?
0
steven999
2/23/2007 6:00:39 PM

How the Microsoft.Web.Preview not exists with the AJAX extension 1.0, you must to work with the System.Web.Extensions assembly and System.Web.Extensions.Design assembly, installed in the Microsoft ASP.NET folder in Program Files folder.

Replace the web.config with the web.config that is generated in a new ASP.NET AJAX Enabled Web Site.

Or replace your web.config with the web.config file that is in the Microsoft ASP.NET folder.

0
jorgegrajales090
2/23/2007 6:29:17 PM

From InstallationInstructions.txt:

Completing the Installation
---------------------------
After downloading and uncompressing the sample files, copy Microsoft.Web.Preview.dll from the
ASP.NET AJAX CTP installation directory (%Program Files%\Microsoft ASP.NET\ASP.NET 2.0 AJAX
Futures January CTP\v1.0.61025\) to the Bin directory of each sample application. For example,
copy Microsoft.Web.Preview.dll to <installation path>\Contacts\Bin, where <installation path>
is the file path where the ASP.NET AJAX Samples were installed.

You must also copy AjaxControlToolkit.dll from the AJAX Control Toolkit directory to the Bin
directory of each sample application.   For example, copy <toolkit installation path>
\AjaxControlToolkit\SampleWebSite\Bin\AjaxControlToolkit.dll to <installation path>\Contacts\Bin,
where <toolkit installation path> is the installation path for the AJAX Control Toolkit and
<installation path> is the file path where the ASP.NET AJAX Samples were installed.

Earlier in InstallationInstructions.txt are the download locations for the Futures CTP and the Control Toolkit.

Steve Marx | ASP.NET AJAX Evangelist | Microsoft Corporation
0
Steve

Parser Error Message: Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.Web.Atlas' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
hi all,I have a not so nice error that I can't solve. I use asp .net 2.0 and Atlas. The site works in dev but not on my server... I hope someone can help me out. RegardsStijnParser Error Description: An error occurred during the parsing of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific parse error details and modify your source file appropriately. Parser Error Message: Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.Web.Atlas' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.Source Error: Line 1: <...

Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
AAAARGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH.....Ok, the error has been seen quite often...I've checked a lot of forums and all they seem to provide as a solution is to uninstall everything and make sure the latest dll's are in the bin directory of my website.Here are the files in my bin directory:AjaxControlToolkit.dll version: 1.0.61214.0AjaxControlToolkit.pdb version: AJAXExtensionsToolbox.dll version: 1.0.61025.0System.Web.Extensions.Design.dll version: 1.0.61025.61025System.Web.Extensions.dll version: 1.0.61025.61025Now, I've done exactly that! and checked all the versions but still the error remains....Below...

Error 25 Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file s
Hi there,   I am just trying to learn AJAX at the moment and have run into a problem. I have copied over the example for cascading dropdowns and this is where I have the above error.The error occurs in the web.config file on this line <add assembly="Microsoft.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35"/>  Can anyone advise what I need to change? The sample is for old ajax version. you need to copy latest ASP.NET AJAX web.config to your projects web.config below is my cascading code for new version for you  ASPX &l...

Could not load file or assembly 'System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
hello i am getting this error in my application...i used ajax in web site..please help me Configuration Error Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately. Parser Error Message: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.Source Error: Line 30: <compilation...

Could not load file or assembly 'System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified
I have downloaded the Ajax Control Toolkit Website Project. I want to run on Visual Studio 2005. But when I run the project I got the error like  Could not load file or assembly 'System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified . </system.web>     <httpModules>        <add name="ScriptModule" type="System.Web.Handlers.ScriptModule, System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neu...

Could not load file or assembly 'System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified. #2
Hi, i copied the solution folder   and put this folder to another  computer and i try to run it show the error message " Could not load file or assembly 'System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified." Please guide me very urgent.Regards,Kannandesikan You need to install the ASP.NET AJAX extensions on the web server. ...

Could not load file or assembly 'ASPNetVideo.NET2.AJAX' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
I have used AspNetVideo for window media player control that displays in the toolbox. I did everything that i wanted to and it's working fine in my local computer. The problem is it is not working online server. When I browse the particular file where media player is added it displays the result as; ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++  Parser Error Description: An error occurred during the parsing of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific parse error de...

Parser Error: Could not load file or assembly 'AjaxControlToolkit' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
I am getting an error and I opened a post in the wrong area.  It seems more fitting here. http://forums.asp.net/t/1269455.aspx Firstly, I did read many post reagrding this error in the forum and on google.  Yet, I could not find one that matched my particualr situation. I am getting the error: Parser Error: Could not load file or assembly 'AjaxControlToolkit' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified. I am using version 1 of the Ajax Extensions with VS 2005.  The website project works perfectly on my local machine.  However, after u...

Parser Error: Could not load file or assembly 'AjaxControlToolkit' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
Firstly, I did read many post reagrding this error in the forum and on google.  Yet, I could not find one that matched my particualr situation. I am getting the error: Parser Error: Could not load file or assembly 'AjaxControlToolkit' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified. I am using version 1 of the Ajax Extensions with VS 2005.  The website project works perfectly on my local machine.  However, after uploading it to my shared hosting account (Webhost4life).  I get the error above.  The hosting claims they have AJAX installe...

Parser Error Message: Could not load file or assembly 'AjaxControlToolkit' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
Hi,  I am using ASP.Net 2.0 with AJAX Extensions 1.0. And one of my aspx was using 2 of the ajaxtoolkit namely the ModalPopupExtender and RoundedCornersExtender. But why is it that when I will access the page from the web server the error below will display on the page. It's really frustrating because there's no problem when running locally in my machine thru Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition. I hope you could help me figuring the problem. Thanks Error message:  Server Error in '/' Application. Parser Error Description: An e...

IIS + .NET 3.5 Could not load file or assembly 'AjaxControlToolkit' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
 Ok folks I need some help here. I have MS Server 2003 with IIS installed. Frameworks 2.0, 3.0 & 3.5 installed. The server has VS 2008 Web Developer installed because I am developing on it remotely. When I run the web site from inside VS everything is fine. I created a new website in IIS (named Intranet) and set it to run on Framework 2.0 and set the path to the root folder of the site (D:\Intranet). I also confirmed that VS was building for framework 3.5. When I open Internet Explorer on the server and go to http://localhost/Intranet I get the following error: "Could not ...

Could not load file or assembly 'CrystalDecisions.Web, Version=10.2.3600.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=692fbea5521e1304' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
Hi,  Ima using Crystal Reports for Visual Studio .NET 2005 Could not load file or assembly 'CrystalDecisions.Web, Version=10.2.3600.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=692fbea5521e1304' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.I am getting this error after I deploy the application. Then I installed Crystal Reports for Visual Studio .NET 2005 - Service Pack 1 (Updated Nov. 2007) Merge Modules for Crystal Reports for Visual Studio .NET 2005 This file contains the latest merge modules required for deploying .NET applications using Crystal Reports ...

Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.ReportViewer.Common, Version=8.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified
Hi All,   I am facing this problem after publishing the web site on web server.   If u have any solutions of that problem then please reply me.   Thnaks & Regards Dheeraj Mittal dheeraj_mittal02@yahoo.co.in    Have you checked whether Reporting Services is configured in your hosted Server Ashok Rajawww.iGold.inDon't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you. This credits that member, earns you a point and marks your thread as Resolved. This Issue due to Report viewer not installed on web ser...

Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.SharePoint.Library, Version=12.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=71e9bce111e9429c' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified
 I get this error when i add the reference of Microsoft.Sharepoint.dll in my web application. My requirement is to display the Performance point Server Dashboards and Reports in my web application. When i deployed this application on the same server where the share point is deployed and tried using the <WebPartPages:SPWebPartManager ID="WebPartManager1" runat="server" EnableClientScript="true"/> control i get the error Object reference not set to instance of an object. I have registered the control using the following: <%@ Register TagPre...

Web resources about - Error 1 Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.Web.Preview' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified. - asp.net.ajax-discussion