Enable project "Asp Net Web" to use "Asp net Ajax"

 I have a Project created in "asp.net web" , and I would like to use autocompleteextender. I have added the scriptmanager and "autocompleteextender" to the project, but does not work. When I create a project "asp. Net ajax enabled" this works.

   How can I give my first project to work properly?Confused

Details: Visual Studio 2005, Framework 2.0

Sorry for my english!
0
Weberger

Hello weberger,

What is the error?  can you show it?

Sorry for my english Wink

Remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post, if it helps you.

Marc Rubiño.
Blog: http://geeks.ms/blogs/mrubino
Net User Group: http://lonetcamp.com
0
Marckys
2/16/2009 2:10:36 PM

 This is the project (http://developersdotnet.com/blogs/guillermo_morales/archive/2007/04/03/ms-ajax-1-0-y-el-autocompleteextender.aspx), but I implemented with Asp. net Web "without" ajax enabled. I need to do so because I have a project created in this way.

    Everything compiles fine, but when run it does not autocomplete.
When I implement this project with ajax enabled "works of a thousand wonders.

thanks
0
Weberger
2/16/2009 2:38:17 PM

did you used the AjaxControlToolkit for .net 2.0.   NO? 20229  http://www.codeplex.com/AjaxControlToolkit/Release/ProjectReleases.aspx?ReleaseId=11121

 Regards,

Remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post, if it helps you.

Marc Rubiño.
Blog: http://geeks.ms/blogs/mrubino
Net User Group: http://lonetcamp.com
0
Marckys
2/16/2009 3:26:12 PM

 Yes, I download latest version and I installed it.

0
Weberger
2/16/2009 4:21:49 PM

 "You don't must use the last version"

 Latest version is for framework 3.5 and you must use for 2.0

Remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post, if it helps you.

Marc Rubiño.
Blog: http://geeks.ms/blogs/mrubino
Net User Group: http://lonetcamp.com
0
Marckys
2/16/2009 4:31:53 PM

 Hi

Like you said the code works fine with asp.net ajax enabled web page but with your existing web page it doesnt then I guess you haven't configured the existing application in correct way so as to enable ajax related functionality . Following are the minimum req :-

a.) Modification of web config ( you can copy - paste the difference between the web configs of an asp.net ajax enabled application to that of an normal asp.net application)

b.) add the dlls of asp.net ajax server extension to the application bin folder.

c.) add the dll for ajax control toolkit to the application bin folder .

For autoCompleteExtender , it will be nice if you can provide the code snippet .

Regards
Pawan Mishra
“The greatest compliment that was ever paid to me was when one asked me what I thought, and attended to my answer.” - Henry David Thoreau
0
Pawan_Mishra
2/16/2009 4:33:22 PM

 Thanks Marckys and Pawan_Mishra, the configuration of web.config is solution.
I copied some rows of "web.config" (ajax enabled) to the other and it´s resolved.Yes

0
Weberger

C#.Net "Double" and "double" When/Where to use?
Hi all     Please let me know the difference between "Double" and "double" in c#.Net (I understand that "Double" is structure      and "double" is an instance to that structure) differences if any thing else.     Also the context in which both has been used.(When/Where to use both). thanks all...      hi,my brains says Double is reference type & double is value type.regards,satishKind Attn: If a reply to your post helped you, kindly mark it as Answered.__________...

.Net 1.1 with .Net 2.0 virtual directory using AJAX "Sys undefined"
I'm having an issue running an AJAX app I built, I think I might know what the problem might be, but if so, I am not sure how to fix it. The main site is built with 1.1 and new application is 2.0.  I have the new application configured properly (as far as I can tell) in its own app pool, etc..  The app runs just fine (I have other 2.0 apps that run along side the main 1.1), but I am getting an error: "Sys undefined...."  I've checked to enusre the mappings for the .axd extension for this particular VD are pointing to the correct place as ...

"Net use" not working in application that runs as "system"
Hello, I am trying to create an application object to distribute a program which during the setup procedure creates two local users on the workstation. I tried to set up the application to run as an unsecure system user and start the setup.exe. This method worked fine for quite a number of apps in the past. However this app needs a drive mapping to a windows 2003 server to start the setup.exe. Apparently under windows 2003 it is no longer possible to use the "net use" command when running a script as system user. I get system error 1312 "A specified logon ses...

"Using" or "With"

Using "+" or "||"

"Net use" not working in application that runs as "system" #2
Hello, I am trying to create an application object to distribute a program which during the setup procedure creates two local users on the workstation. I tried to set up the application to run as an unsecure system user and start the setup.exe. This method worked fine for quite a number of apps in the past. However this app needs a drive mapping to a windows 2003 server to start the setup.exe. Apparently under windows 2003 it is no longer possible to use the "net use" command when running a script as system user. I get system error 1312 "A specified logon ses...

.ALLCOL("%COLUMN%", " ", ", ", ", ")

mapping a drive using "net use" w/no password"
duplicate. -- Regards, Kai Reichert Novell Support Forums Sysop Usually the faulty interface lies between the chair and the keyboard. ...

Programmatically Populating the "mail.settings" section of "system.net" in web.config
I am fully aware that the system.net section of web.config typically looks something like this:  <system.net>    <mailSettings>      <smtp from="noreply@sample.com">        <network host="smtp_server_address" userName="myUsername" password="myPassword" />      </smtp>    </mailSettings>  </system.net>If web.config is so populated then this info is used for sending e-mails generally and al...

no "enable editing" "enable deleting" "enable updating"
In my visual studio 2005 beta1,there is no "enable editing", "enable deleting", "enable updating"options. why? is the vision wrong??thanks! Which control are you talking about?/Fredrik Normén - fredrikn @ twitterMicrosoft MVP, MCSD, MCAD, MCTASPInsidersMy Blog "gridview" control!! I have, so you should also have it if you create a data source for the GridView control in the design view and make sure you have specified the Insert and Update Command for the DataSource. You can also add a CommandField to the GridView columns <asp:CommandFi...

quotes, quotes, quotes...

mapping a drive using "net use" w/no password" #2
I want to set up a test scenario where I have a bunch of clients logging into a Netware server using native file access. My clients use a script file which maps shares to the server using the "net use \\server\share /p=no" (for no password). I keep getting "system error 5 - access is denied". What am I doing wrong and what can I do to fix it? Thanks for your help Assuming you're using Local mode, you must assign a Simple password. Note that a blank Simple password is not the same as never assigning a Simple password. bd NSC Voluntee...

ctrl+enter with "net", "org".... will be splited.
Name: hr6r Email: hedianatgmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: ctrl+enter with "net", "org".... will be splited. Comments: 1, i want go to "www.abcnet.com". 2, type "abcnet" in the address bar. 3, press ctrl+enter. 4, splited to "www.abc.net.com". Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9b2) Gecko/2007121120 Firefox/3.0b2 ...

missing method "asn" in "Net::LDAP::LDIF"
hi! I just tried to work a bit with Net::LDAP::LDIF but I got an error during $ldap->add: Can't locate object method "asn" via package "Net::LDAP::LDIF" at /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.5/Net/LDAP.pm line 444, <DATA> line 225. I recently installed Convert::ASN1 0.19 an perl-ldap-0.33. Any hints? Thanks a lot! -- Liebe Gruesse, with best regards Stephan Lauffer [ Pedagogical University Freiburg - Germany ] [ http://www.ph-freiburg.de/zik/ ] [ Fon/ Fax: +49 761 682 -459/ -486 ] Hi, On Tuesday, 13. September 2005 2...

Web resources about - Enable project "Asp Net Web" to use "Asp net Ajax" - asp.net.ajax-discussion