Element 'AccordionPane' is not a known element

I was wondering if someone can help me on a problem I'm having with a new AJAX project.

I open VS and Create a new Web Site using the ASP .NET AJAX-Enabled Web Site template.

In default.aspx there is a form tag, then a ScriptManager tag, then a Div.

I drag an Accordion control inside the div and run it.  It runs fine so far.

Then, I drag an AccordionPane control inside the Accordion control and i get this error:
"Element 'AccordionPane' is not a known element. This can occur if there is a compilation error in the Web site."

That's all I did. Any ideas? I run the AjaxControlToolkit sample just fine.

 It doesn't happen only on Accordion controls.  Also, I'm using a fresh copy of AJAX Beta 2 but I had Atlas previously installed which I uninstalled first.  I have already tried a couple of solutions found in other forums regarding something similar but didn't work.

Thanks,

Nick

0
Nickz

I just installed AJAX on another computer that never had Atlas installed before and I get the exact same error.  If anyone has any ideas it would be greatly appreciated.

Nick

0
Nickz
11/21/2006 1:57:29 PM

Hi Nick,

I think you need to use the <panes> tage like this:

<cc1:Accordion runat="server" ID="MyAccordion" SelectedIndex="3" HeaderCssClass="accordionHeader" ContentCssClass="accordionContent" FadeTransitions="True"

TransitionDuration="250" FramesPerSecond="40">

<

Panes>

<cc1:AccordionPane ID="AccordionPane4" runat="server" ContentCssClass="" HeaderCssClass="">

let me know how it goes....

Bebandit

MCPD - Web Developer
0
bebandit
11/21/2006 3:04:18 PM
Bebandit, you're right I just figured it out too!  I spent a lot of time on this and it was that simple. Thanks!
0
Nickz
11/21/2006 3:07:00 PM
I had followed the video which didn't use <panes> because it was for the Atlas version by the way.
0
Nickz
11/21/2006 3:11:52 PM

Hey Nick,

I banged my head a while, too. It gets very confusing with all the different versions. I've been just putting my cursor under the control and pressing the "<" tag and let intellisense show me what is available.

Good luck!

Bebandit

MCPD - Web Developer
0
bebandit
11/21/2006 7:52:41 PM

Bebandit, good idea thanks.  I'll try that if I come up to a similar problem again.

 Nick

0
Nickz
11/22/2006 8:08:56 AM

Okay, I put <panes></panes> in and I build wen fine. However, when I switch to Design mode, I got this error on the control:

Erro Creating Control -  Accordin1
'Panes' could not be initialized. Details: 'Panes' could not be added to the collection. Details: Object does not match target type.

0
mychucky
7/18/2007 4:27:27 PM

Any other ideas on this problem?

0
mychucky

AJAX version 1.0 working, but I'm getting Element 'ScriptManager' is not a known element.
So I installed AJAX.net version 1.0 beta and updated the changes on one of my sites, from the Atlas CTP. The problem I'm having is that while the site seems to function correctly, I'm getting the error below for the asp:ScriptManager and asp:UpdatePanel and intellisense is not working for the AJAX controls in Visual Studio 2005 for the project. Element 'ScriptManager' is not a known element. This can occur if there is a compilation error in the Web site.   However, I just created a new ASP.NET AJAX-Enabled web site and the intellisense works for ...

ERROR -
Hi, im having this problem twice in 3 days im working on a school project and i recently install asp.net ajax, so i start developing on it.  I create my first project and everything was fine, i start to use the AlwaysVisibleControlExtender and it works perfect on my masterpage, later on the default.asp page i add a GridView and here start the problems in my masterpage starts to say that Element 'AlwaysVisibleControlExtender' is not a known element. This can occur if there is a compilation error in the Web site. But everything was exactly the same before except by the Gridvies, so i cant...

The element 'system.web.extensions' has invalid child element 'dynamicData'. List of possible elements expected: 'scripting'.
I create a new fresh DynamicDataWebSite, made no modifications.  When the web.config is open I get the following warning in the error list Warning 1 The element 'system.web.extensions' has invalid child element 'dynamicData'. List of possible elements expected: 'scripting'. c:\***\DynData\DynamicDataWebSite\web.config 117 4 DynamicDataWebSite I'm not sure how to proceed. When I attempt to run the default project (I have made NO modifications) I get the following error: Server Error in '/' Application. The Dynam...

Element 'CrystalReportViewer' is not a known element.
 I am trying to load a cr report in my .aspx page and i get this error. Here is my code.  what am i doing wrong? how can i load this report ? please help <form id="form1" runat="server"> <div> <CR:CrystalReportViewer id="CrystalReportViewer1" runat="server" Width="350px" Height="50px" ReportSource='<%# "d:\website2\rptCustom.rpt" %>'> </CR:CrystalReportViewer>   </div> </form>-------------------------Anything is possible. If Post.Solved.Problem Then " Mark As Answer "End If You need to add this to your...

Element 'CollapsiblePanelExtender' is not a known element.
I get this error no matter what AJAX control I attempt to use. As long as I'm in design mode in Studio 05, I get no errors, but the second I go into source mode, there are the errors, on every AJAX control. And there is no Intellisense on any of the controls.  My code: <asp:ImageButton ID="btnTools" runat="server" ImageUrl="~/images/menuTools.gif" BorderStyle="None" /><asp:Panel ID="pnlTools" runat="server" Width="204px" CssClass="clsNinetyFivePercentFont">    <asp:HyperLink ID="hlT01" runat="server" NavigateUrl="#" Text="<span style='text-decoration:...

Element 'Repeater' is not a known element.
Hello All,  I get the following error on one of my content pages ...Element 'Repeater' is not a known element. This can occur if there is a compilation error in the Web site I also receive this error for other tags such as Element 'UpdatePanel' is not a known element. This can occur if there is a compilation error in the Web.  I have no problems on other content pages and can't seem to understand what is going on.   Any suggestions?  The page actually displays perfectly, but since it has these errors the intellisense in the aspx page is not...

Element 'Accordion' is not a known element
I am the newbie to learn the ASP.NET AJAX.I have found that I can use the Control Toolkit in the local drive only. It works in the debug mode. However, it doesn't work in the other network drive where the code is developed. A website is created by Toolkit Template "AjaxControlToolkitWebSite1". The error is "Element 'Accordion' is not a known element". The "AjaxControlToolkit.dll" is placed in the bin. Any help would be much appreciated.  ...

Element 'CrystalReportSource' is not a known element.
Hi, I created a web page which loads CR report but i want to have this code to pull information from db by user entry but when i try to run the project i get this error Element 'CrystalReportSource' is not a known element. & Unknown server tag 'cr:CrystalReportSource'. Here is my code. Hope someone would be able to help me out. <%@ Page Language="VB" AutoEventWireup="false" CodeFile="Default.aspx.vb" Inherits="_Default" %> <%@ Register TagPrefix="cr" Namespace="CrystalDecisions.Web" Assembly="...

Element 'ScriptManager' is not a known element.
Hi all;VS 2005 is not finding the needed reference for the ScriptManager tag:Error    1    Validation (XHTML 1.0 Transitional):                Element 'title' occurs too few times.Error    2    Element 'ScriptManager' is not a known element.                This can occur if there is a compilation error           &nb...

element 'XXXXX' is not a known element
I am getting this error for any control I try to drop onto a page from the toolkit.  If you try and run the site, you get a "Request for permission of type...." error for any ajax control on the page. I have tried the repair option of the AJAX Extensions package.  I have also uninstalled everything and re-setup the environment per the AJAX Control Toolkit "Setup your environment" page. Any page using a control has a ScriptManager extension on the page. I am stuck.  Any ideas?  Thanks. where are you saving this project that you are working on? ther...

Element 'LinqDataSource' is not a known element.
I have a 2.0 project for which I clicked Yes to convert to 3.5. I added LINQ references to web.config; made references to LINQ namespaces; added a LinqDataSource; and created a data context. After all this, on my page I get the error messsage shown above in the subject. Is there something else I should do? I've used LINQ successfully in other projects and can't figure out what's wrong here.  Hi,The first thing to check is to make sure that your website is using .NET 3.5 ( right click on the website and through it's proeprties , check the build tab)Also ,...

element 'scriptmanager' is not a known element
I know this is an old problem but after searching for solutions it persists. I am using Visual Studio 2005 SP1 installed and also the latest versions of .Net (1.1, 2.0, 3.0, 3.5).I have checked my web.config for the proper entries and uninstalled and reinstalled VS.I still have the red squiggly under the ScriptManager and UpdatePanel when they are placed in a content page under a master page. Everything works fine in the master page.I would really appreciate any assistance, this about to drive me insane.Please mark the post(s) that have helped you as "Answer"I'm better at brewi...

Element 'CalendarExtender' is not a known element.
I have an ASP.NET 2.0 AJAX web application that was working fine using AJAX.  I recently opened the project and found the following error for each extender. Example:   "Element 'CalendarExtender' is not a known element.  This can occur if there is a compilation error in the Web site."  and  "unknown server tag 'ajaxToolkit:CalendarExtender'.   I am also using MaskedEditExtenders and NumericaUPDownExtender which get these same errors.  I have removed VS.NET 2005 and AJAX 1.0 Extender and Toolkit as well as the 2.0 ...

Element 'ScriptManager' is not a known element
Hi All, I get the error "Element 'ScriptManager' is not a known element" After a little googling, I found the next code to place in my web.config <controls><add tagPrefix="asp" namespace="System.Web.UI" assembly="System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35"/><add tagPrefix="asp" namespace="System.Web.UI.Controls" assembly="System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35"/><add tagPrefix="ajax...

Web resources about - Element 'AccordionPane' is not a known element - asp.net.ajax-discussion