Drag and drop multiple Files into embeded Windows Forms Control in Web Page is not working - help!!

 Hi all,

I am trying to develop a web application in which I want to have a list box in a form.

It should be able to drag and drop the files on to it. It should just capture the file name with the path.

I am able to do this in a Windows application, by setting the "AllowDrag" property of the list box to true.

How can I achieve this in Web application? For the matter of fact I just want to capture all the names of the files that are dragged on to the form. It need not be list box alone. any other control will also do.

Any ideas please.

Thanks you all in Advance.

-Ram

0
parshuram

Not possible on a standard web page (somewhat possible in Firefox, but not in IE). You will have to use ActiveX, a Java applet or an IE hosted .NET Control

gunteman
12/21/2007 5:32:24 PM

Hi Gunteman,

Thanks for your reply,  It is possible by using the windows forms control(windows control library).

 I made it this way.  I had created a WCL and in it I placed a List view control and compiled it into  .dll and created a web page, embedded the control using the <object> tag.

Every thing was looking fine but, when I drag and drop multiple files to the Control it is not working in the web, it is taking one file at a time.  But, when I execute the .dll at devlopement VS2005, I am able to drag and drop multiple files.  any Idea whats wrong?

I am handling, drag drop, drag enter and drag over entent for this purpose.

Any help appreciated.

-Ram.

0
parshuram

Multiple file drag and drop not working when Windows Forms Control is embeded in Web Page.
Hi all,I am having a winodows forms control (windows control library) which is having a list view control on to which I will drag and drop the files and the control holds their names along with the path. It is working fine when I am executing it in VS2005. I am able to drag and drop single file or multiple files at a time. But, when I am embeding it into a web page using <object> tab, I am able to drag drop only single file at a time, it is not allowing me to drag and drop multiple files at a single go. any body have any clue?my web page code:<object id="myName" classid=&q...

Urgent!!! Form inside Windows form control (that is embedded to Web page i.e aspx), not displayed on button click
 Hi all I have a Windows Form Control(i.e Windows Control Library), that consists of a Button "button1" and  a panel "panel1". Also I have a form "form1.cs". On form "form1.cs" I have a label whose text value i have set to  "Hi". On click of button "button1" on windows form control i am opening the form "form1.cs"  inside a panel and it displays "Hi". The code of windows form control is as below :  public partial class UserControl1 : UserControl    {    ...

Single page with multiple user web controls VS Multiple page with specific user web controls
I have a question regarding single page with multiple user web controls vs multiple page with specific user web controls   Option 1: I am of the opinion to have multiple pages with specific user web controls and use an object to store all the information as the user navigates through the application. And finally at the end, read this object and save all the information to the backend database.   Option 2: My respected team member suggests that we have only one page, with all the specific user web controls and not use an object, instead show/hide the user web controls based ...

drag and drop files from windows explorer to web page
hi,One of our clients needs file upload tool in his web application, which accepts the drag and drop files from the windows explorer.Instead of clicking on browse and select the files he wants to drag and drop on the page to upload. Are there any tools which support this requirement? Please reply with the details if any suggestions to solve trhis I found a similar example written in java, refer- http://www.radinks.com/press/12/file-upload-as-easy-as-drag-and-drop.php Its a java Applet and there are many more like this one. But do not know anything like this in asp .net...

windows control embedded in ASPX page (multiple files upload)
Hi, I've red this interesting article on MSDN: http://msdn.microsoft.com/msdnmag/issues/02/01/UserCtrl/default.aspx tried it out, created the necessary security, build the project, created the client.snk file, ... but when I open up the "testClient.htm" page (http://localhost/serverfileupload/testclient.htm) I only see the dimensions of the object and a button with the text "Upload Files". Does anyone of you tried this example out? It's my first "smart" client so I'm inexperienced with this stuff. I also noticed that the upload.dll doesn't get into the ...

I am not able to drag and drop some of the AJAX controls onto my web form
I donwloaded and installed the AJAX control kit. I used the update panel along with the script manager control and it works great. Now I am having a strange problem, because I want to use some of the other AJAX controls. Some of them will drag and drop nicely onto my web form. But for other AJAX controls when I try and drag and drop them onto my web forms, they will not drag and drop. Instead I get a black circle with a line through it for the cursor. Signaling that I cannot drag and drop the control. What is the problem here? I tried dragging and dropping the Collapsible panel control,...

AJAX Master Page, AJAX Web Form and AJAX Client Control Question?
I gues to get the ball rolling I have VS 2008 and I am creating ASP.NET websites. I have programmed with VS 2005 and always had to add AJAX features by hand. Now in VS 2008 you have new templates AJAX Master Page, AJAX Web Form, AJAX Client Behavior, AJAX Client Control, AJAX Client Library, AJAX-embeded WCF Service On these three templates AJAX Master Page, AJAX Web Form and AJAX Client Control. What makes them different from normal templates? Is it just a matter of adding the script manager to the page or is using a AJAX Master Page have a huge benefit over doing individual pages? I have...

can't drag and drop Ajax Toolkit controls on web pages............
When I try to drag and drop an Ajax Toolkit control onto my web pages I get the following errors.Attempt to read and write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt.When I click the OK button I see one more error message – The operation could not be completed. Invalid FORMATETC structure.I have a Solution with multiple Class Libraries and a Web Site. The AJAX Extensions work such as UpdatePanel, UpdateProgress.My AjaxToolkit.dll is located at the following location on my computer - C:\Program Files\Microsoft ASP.NET\AjaxControlToolkit\Binaries\AjaxControlTool...

Cant drag-and-drop Web Custom Control to Web Form!
Hi,I'm going insane here, I've read countless articles how to create a Web Custom Control and add it to the Toolbox and then just Drag-and-Drop it to a Web Form.And I have done exactly that except for the last step, any Web Custom Control I create refuses to be Drag-and-Dopped to the Web Form. What happens is the following, after I have added the Web Custom Control to the ToolBox I click it and drag it to the Web Form designer area. First I can see the icon of the Web Custom Control and I see a Referance being created but just after that the icon changes to one of those "you cant park here s...

Drag and Drop from Solution Explorer onto Web Form doesn't drop object but drops file name instead
I can't seem to figure out why, when I drag and drop a user control from Solution Explorer onto my Web Form that the filename, including the directory spec., is dropped on the form rather than the object itself.  This is also true when I drag and drop onto the toolbox.  I can't seem to figure this one out... Hi MichelleBaker, From your description, I understand that when you drag and drop a user control from Solution Explorer to your aspx page, instead of getting a user control instance, you can only get the link with file path of the user control. If there has been any ...

Shell not working in web form but working with windows forms.
Hi! I want to run some exe files (Exa: Internet explorer) using shell command in asp.net. Its not working if its a web form. But working fine with a windows form. Pls. extend ur help. Thanx. What are you expecting to happen? How are you trying to run the exe files? Where do you expect it to run? Anything run through server side code will run on the server, and in an invisible window, at that. The program will run under the security context of the ASPNET user by default, and so likely will not have the proper authority to do much of what you want, unless you midify its rights...

drag and drop file on web control
I want to drag a file from desktop or Outlook Email and drop it on tree view web control. Is it possible to drop file on IE ?, Any link to sample are appreciated The default behaviour of any browser is to try to open the file that is dropped onto it.  I don't think you will be able to change that.  Also, you should bear in mind that while you think you see a treeview control in IE that looks something like Windows Explorer, all that is is a bunch of html, javascript and images stored locally in your IE temporary internet files.  You can't move files from desktop to l...

.Net Windows Control in Web Form
Hi all,How can I use a .Net windows control in a web form? I use object tag but it doesn't work and displays empty.Thanks in advance cheers Hi, you can check this article out: Hosting a Windows Control in a Web Form. This shows only how to host the control. If you want interaction with the client you can do this by setting the correct CAS (Code Access Security) settings on the client pc. Grz, Kris.Read my blog. Handy Firefox plugins for web developers.Workaround for non working Mark as answer buttons. Thanks guys for your replycheers...

Does not work on web forms that are multiple pages
Name: Product: Firefox Summary: Does not work on web forms that are multiple pages Comments: Tried filling out a web form at usps.com that has multiple Continues but it does not load the next page. It works fine on older versions. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.6; rv:2.0b7) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/4.0b7 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you must BCC (not CC) the sender for them to see it. ...

Web resources about - Drag and drop multiple Files into embeded Windows Forms Control in Web Page is not working - help!! - asp.net.ajax-discussion

Code division multiple access - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Code division multiple access ( CDMA ) is a channel access method used by various radio communication technologies. It should not be confused ...

Man charged with murder of 21yo found on road in Tewantin with multiple stab wounds
Police charge a man with the murder of a 21-year-old man found lying on a road with multiple stab wounds to his chest.

Multiple shots fired at Atlanta mall - abc13.com
Multiple shots were fired Saturday evening in a suburban Atlanta mall, prompting a frantic rush by shoppers to evacuate.

Nigeria: Over 70 Feared Killed in Borno, Adamawa Multiple Blasts
More than 70 people were feared killed in multiple bomb attacks believed to have been carried out by Boko Haram militants and their agents in ...

Facebook is testing multiple topic-based News Feeds for mobile devices
... the information you want to see at the appropriate times. According to the screenshots taken by Jason Stein, Facebook looks to be testing multiple, ...

Munich Police: Islamic State Planned New Year’s Eve Attack with Multiple Suicide Bombers
Munich police warned of a “serious, imminent threat” by Islamic State group suicide bombers wanting to commit an attack on New Year’s Eve.

Jim Cramer on balancing multiple jobs, his Brooklyn bar, and the Jon Stewart interview - Business Insider ...
It was during law school that Cramer started recommending and trading stocks, which led to becoming a stockbroker at Goldman Sachs.

Miami teen shot multiple times at grandma's home
The victim reportedly remains in the hospital as police continue to search for the suspect

Gov. Jerry Brown pardoned Robert Downey Jr. for his multiple crimes in the ’90s
I’m old enough to remember when Robert Downey Jr. was an utter mess. Back in the ‘90s, I lost count of how many times he was arrested, how many ...

Draymond explains how multiple Warriors lead in their own way
... Search 46° Navigation Home Giants A's Sharks Warriors Kings 49ers Raiders Quakes Insiders More Tickets Shop Watch Draymond explains how multiple ...