Does Visual Studio .NET 2003 (version 7.1.3088) & NET Framework 1.1 support AJAX ?

Dear friend,

1. Does Visual Studio .NET 2003 (version 7.1.3088) & NET Framework 1.1 support AJAX ?

2.  i don't know if i can implement AJAX for my case below ? pls advise...

i have built a windows application to connect to a card reader DLL,

but right now i have to build it for web application..and it's a real challenge since i have blank idea...

i also write the source code for the windows application below , for analysis...

the case is like these :
--------------------------
1. we have a card reader (usb port connection)...

2. we must connect this reader to client computer (there are some clients in different cities)....
we think to use internet connection...and it means we have to use web application (ASP .NET and javascript and webserver.)

3. reader's function is to read and write from a card, whereas the card's source data is from database (ASP .NET)

4. firstly, i tried to add reference in ASP .NET web application to the reader's DLL,
but it can not make a live event trigger/connection to the clients since the DLL is installed in the web server...

5. then i think of other solution :
client side programming..
and i install the reader's DLL in client computer...so reader can interact lively...

6. but i don't know how to use DLL event, trigger in client side programming...
should we use JavaScript or AJAX ?

the DLL has event that is listening to the USB port all the time to check if any card is detected (it also has Timer function)..
and also it returns the status all the time ...
actually we must use List1 to add the status (string) to the List1 all the time.....
i don't know how to use this event in web application..

7. if we use DLL in Javascript, how to communicate with ASP .NET if we want to distribute data
(queried by database through ASP .NET) to the DLL in client side so that it can write to the card via reader ?

8.
the reader always detects card (listen to usb port).....
if there's no card detected then the reader will output messages :
( X ) No TAG Selected or in Reachable Range : -3000
( X ) No TAG Selected or in Reachable Range : -3000
( X ) No TAG Selected or in Reachable Range : -3000
( X ) No TAG Selected or in Reachable Range : -3000

if a card is detected, a new message is triggered
and an event is triggered ....

could you help me how to do it properly???

Thank you,
hendy
0
hanusin

Old AJAX in .NET 1.1 compatibility with .NET framework 2.0. Ajax does not work always ....................
Hello,I have converted the web site from .NET 1.1 to .NET 2.0. Some of the pages in the web site use AJAX which was developed in .NET 1.1Ajax does not work smoothly in .NET 2.0. Do I have to use ATLAS or is there any fix I can use to make the AJAX work ?Please let me know. Many thanks in advance. Nick..........

Using Visual Studio.NET 2005 with .NET Framework 1.1
I'm wondering how easy it is to use Visual Studio.NET 2005 to develop with the .NET Framework 1.1. The 2005 IDE is superior to the VS 2003 IDE (especially in terms of HTML editing), and I would like to switch over in the future. However, my project is not quite ready to be converted to .NET 2.0. Can anyone direct me to an article on this or have any advice? Thanks, Allen K. There are 10 types of people in this world: those that understand binary and those that don't. Did you get an answer to this one? I would like to know the same..Thanks! The VS 2005 IDE was created to...

Visual Studio 2003 & .NET 1.1
Hi I use Visual Studio 2003 to create new "ASP.NET WEB Application" but it's dispaly error message: ----------------- Visual Studio .NET has detected that the specified Web server is not running ASP.NET version 1.1. You will be unable to run ASP.NET web application or service ----------------- Note: I Installed .NET 1.1 Run aspnet_regiis -i from a command line. aspnet_regiis can be found somewhere in the windows directory.Bertrand----This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Thank you bleroy 8-)...

Datawindow .NET / VS 2003 / .NET Framework 1.1
Good day. I wish to ask if it would be possible to utilize Datawindow.NET in our Development environment of VS2003 / MS .NET Framework 1.1 in a WIndows 2000 Operating System. Thanks. AFAIK, only the DW.Net 1.x version supported VS2003 / .Net 1.x. I don't believe that version is available anymore. On 21 Feb 2007 01:47:13 -0800, Angelo wrote: >Good day. > >I wish to ask if it would be possible to utilize >Datawindow.NET in our Development environment of VS2003 / MS >NET Framework 1.1 in a WIndows 2000 Operating System. >Thanks. Thanks a lot for ...

Ajax with .Net FrameWork 1.1
Hello all,               Can someone tell me where I can download Ajax for .Net 1.1 please !  Thanx a lot !!!! ctremblay:  Can someone tell me where I can download Ajax for .Net 1.1 please ! Microsoft did not release anything like the toolkit and extensions for ASP.NET unfortunately.You will need to do you own using the XMLHTTPrequest object to send asynchronous web requests and parse the results using javascript to manipulate the DOM.Or you can use the many 3rd party javascript AJAX libraries .  Than...

Ajax with .Net Framework 1.1
Hello All !                 I would like to know where I can download the Ajax Framework for .Net 1.1 and Visual Studio 2003.  Thank you verry much ! You cannot not use the AJAX Control Toolkit for .NET 1.1.You can try looking into Scriptaculous and Prototype toolkits though, they may work. Hope this helps. Not sure if AJAX Control Toolkit was what you were looking for... Please mark as "answer" if this helped you in anyway. Thanx a lot for your help, I will try to find a basic...

How to Make framework version 1.1 default in Visual Studio.net?
I have installed visual studio.net which installs framework version 1.0 by default. Now I installed version 1.1 and Wish to make it the default version to be used by visual studio.net. So what should I do for it? Which option I need to set and where is that option? I gave reference of new 1.1 System.OracleClient.dll assembly. But it changed reference path for other System.dll and other assemblies and program is not built now. Help me out. I could be wrong on this, but I'm not sure you CAN use version 1.1 of the Framework with Visual Studio 1.0. Does anyone know for sure? Upto my knowledg...

VS.NET and .NET Framework 1.1
Hi, Is it possible to use .NET Framework 1.1 with visual studio .net 2002 ? Thanks Yes.This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights....

NET Framework 2.0 and NET Framework 1.1
Can framework 2.0 and framework 1.1 be installed and used on the same PC at same time? can asp.net 1.1 and asp.net 2.0 running site by site together? Thanks. Hi,yes they can. At my current machine I have these installed .NET 1.0, 1.1 and 2.0 without any problems.Grz, Kris.Read my blog. Handy Firefox plugins for web developers.Workaround for non working Mark as answer buttons. after creating a website don't forget to check that this website uses which version of .net (go to website properties--> ASP .NET in IIS)feed the creative machine...

AJAX FOR .NET 1.1
I am still using .NET 1.1. (Visual Studio 2003) . Can I use Atlas or any other free tool to develop ajax applications using .net 1.1   Thanks   Hi there,   Try Ajax Pro..and here is the link http://www.ajaxpro.info/ http://www.ajaxprojects.com/ajax/tutorialdetails.php?itemid=12 Hope this mat helps you... Srinathsrinathgnathvisit blogger.code4asp.net, srinathgnath.blogspot.com jobsnwalkins.blogspot.com You can also consider using Anthem.NET - http://sourceforge.net/projects/anthem-dot-net  Anthem.NET is a free, cross-browser AJAX toolkit for the ASP.NET de...