Does anyone know of either an ajax.net blog available or an 'inline editor' for ajax.net?

Hey all:

 I'm desperately trying to find an AJAX control (I don't care if it's currently for ASP.NET AJAX.NET, since if not, I'll do the conversion and make it available to others) for creating blogs and another inline editor control, so that if there is text on the page, I can click on the text and it will automatically display an editor and allow me to edit the text/html.

 Does anyone know of a control like this that's AJAX enabled?  Especially AJAX.NET.  I'm only interested in open-source, since any improvements I make I will make available on codeplex.com

Thanks in advance for any pointer to a download page or pointers to a control that could be enhanced to do what I want...

0
aaava

Anyone?  Buehler?  If anyone is looking for one, if I can find a reasonable facsimile, my work on it would benefit you too. ;-)
0
aaava
2/3/2007 9:29:49 PM

<Most> all of the text editors out there are 'ajax' enabled - just not Microsoft Ajax enabled.  All of the popular ones like tinyMCE, FCKEditor and FTB (FreeTextBox) can be used with Microsoft Ajax by utilizing a 'wrapper approach'.  John Dyer (FTB author) was at one time looking for someone(s) to assist in getting FTB 3.0 compatible with Ajax before rolling out his new version...Other than that if I remember correctly in the MSDN Magazine archives was an article on creating a 'rich text' editor control. Those that do not use those use third party commercial components...hence why no real answers to this question....You can also always check CodePLex and SourceForge, CodeProject for projects that may already be started.

-- jody
My Blogs on .Net 2.0 and Ajax
http://csk.wbcb.com
http://ArtbyJody.com
0
jodywbcb

Old AJAX in .NET 1.1 compatibility with .NET framework 2.0. Ajax does not work always ....................
Hello,I have converted the web site from .NET 1.1 to .NET 2.0. Some of the pages in the web site use AJAX which was developed in .NET 1.1Ajax does not work smoothly in .NET 2.0. Do I have to use ATLAS or is there any fix I can use to make the AJAX work ?Please let me know. Many thanks in advance. Nick..........

AJAX.net 1.0 Bridge calls with 'null' arguments
I have been using Bridge feature with Atlas November CTP and everything was working very well. When I upgraded to the AJAX.net 1.0 along with the Futures CTP, I had to modify all of the "bridge" calls as the method signatures have changed. Now, the only one problem remaining for me is that AJAX.net 1.0 bridge calls fail when a 'null' argument is specified, for example: // call the Bridge methodMyBridgeObject.GetEstimate({'argument1':'test' ,'argument2':null}, onComplete, onError); The above call worked fine with Atlas CTP, but AJAX.net 1.0 fails with exception: "Exception has been th...

Once again 'Sys' is undefined error on AJAX.NET 1.0 release.
Hi all, I got the AJAX.NET 1.0 release installed on a local application. I am trying to create objects referencing the Sys class through the client:  Sys.Application.add_load(ApplicationLoadHandler); II keep on getting the annoying error 'Sys' is undefined.  have gone through different posts with individuals  whom are having the similar errors but some of the work arounds are for earlier releases of the framework. Here is a copy of the handlers of my web.config. <httpHandlers><remove verb="*" path="*.asmx"/> <add verb=...

Ajax.NET error:Microsoft JScript runtime error: 'constructor' is null or not an object
Hello... I have a byte array into an C# applet(Windows.Forms.UserControl). The byte is ByteData = new byte[]{1,2,3}; and I want to user AjaxPro to send it at the server: function SetData() { var applet = document.getElementById('applet'); if(applet != null) { var array = new Array(); array = applet.object.ByteData; if(applet.SerializedSignatureLength > 0) Forms.Form1.Set(array, callback); } } function callback(res) {} I get this nasty error : Microsof...

Value of type 'System.Net.Mail.MailMessage' cannot be converted to 'System.Net.Mail.AlternateView'

System.Net.Mail is giving error CS0029: Cannot implicitly convert type 'string' to 'System.Net.Mail.MailAddress'
I'm getting an error while trying to use the wizard to create a form and than pass it the vaibles to Mail. Any help would be much appreciated. SmtpClient smtpClient = new SmtpClient(); MailMessage message = new MailMessage(); try {   message.From = txtEmail.Text; message.To.Add("admin1@yoursite.com"); message.Subject = "Feedback"; message.CC.Add("admin1@yoursite.com"); message.CC.Add("admin2@yoursite.com"); message.IsBodyHtml = false; message.Body = txtMessage.Text; smtpClient.Send(message); lblStatus.Text = "Email successfully sent."; } catch (Exception ex) { lbl...

cpan>install NET::SSH ----> Can't install NET::SSH don't know what it is?
Good day! This is the first time I'll be using the cpan to install modules. I run: perl -MCPAN -e shell and answer the questions one by one. When its done, I issued install NET::SSH at the cpan> prompt and I got the message: Can't install NET::SSH Don't know what it is. Question: How will I make cpan> know what NET::SSH is? Is there something I have to update first? How can I search for some useful modules using cpan> rather than using cpan search in www.cpan.org? What is auto bundle? And what does 'cpan -a' does? When I ran it, I can some...

'Entropy', a "net inside the net" ?
Just tumbled upon this, maybe old news. Comments welcome (f/u grc.privacy) : Entropy is a software, which creates a "net inside the net" (inside the internet) for its users. This software can be used both by *nix- and Windows-users. Entropy is "Free Software" (under GPL) and can be downloaded here: http://entropy.stop1984.com/ -- Ninho On Wed, 12 Sep 2007 12:03:30 +0200, in grc.linkfarm,grc.privacy, Ninho wrote: > Just tumbled upon this, maybe old news. Comments welcome (f/u grc.privacy) : > > Entropy is a software, which creates a "ne...

AJAX .NET from a Developer's Perspective
First of all let me start by saying that it is one of the easiest implementations of the AJAX technology in the industry and will work great.  The way Microsoft documents their implementation is second to none.  I don't think you will find better documentation regarding this technology anywhere on the web than on Microsoft's website. And after getting a chance to play around with it for the past couple of months, I can assure that it is as advertised.  Now what I don't like about Microsoft's implementation of AJAX is that it is not suitable for shar...

adding Ajax to my non-Ajax .NET web site
Hi all I've a site that i developed by .NET (visual studio.net 2005 - VB.net) and want to add Ajax into the pages now. I've downloaded required AJAX tools and be able to develop AJAX enabled pages but want to integrate ajax features to existing pages. Could you please help me how i can do this? Thanksmcb Look at the videos here: http://www.asp.net/learn/ajax-videos/  (number 7 in particular)Steve Wellens My blog if a web site is a normal asp web site then u have to add these lines in web.config under the system.web tag         <httpHand...

AJAX.NET simply won't work for me
I just converted my site from Web App to AJAX enabled Website to take advantage of some of the nice Ajax controls and while following all of the Tutorials, Examples and HDIs, I cannot seem to get Ajax to work.  I am testing it by dragging a ScriptManager controls onto the page and an update panel with a Calendar control inside it.  The tutorial says that this should be sufficient for partial page postback however it posts back the whole page. I know it is installed correctly because I opened a new project of the same type and did the same thing and it worked like a charm.  How...

To AJAX, or not to AJAX?
Some body suggested to me to use AJAX. I figured it's not the brand name detergent nor the Dutch city. So here is what I have and please tell me if it ca be done with ajax, and perhaps point me to some examples, etc. The page contains several GridViews and FormViews that display data using several data calls. (Yeah, there is my first issue. Need to figure out how to cash all that.) This is an application that track work orders, so the top most FV has the user info and summary information of the work order. It is editable and so far it works well. There is also another set of infroamt...

.NET AJAX
Is anyone can direct me to a good tutorial about creating an AJAX based applications. Thanks.Best regards,Ron. There are some examples on using AJAX with AJAX.NET. Also, you may want to check out the ATLAS section of this site. HTH,RyanRyan OlshanASPInsider | Microsoft MVP, ASP.NEThttp://ryanolshan.comHow to ask a question And to add to that reply This guy has been working on comparing all the different AJAX options, its a pretty good read http://www.daniel-zeiss.de/AJAXComparison/Results.htm"If you make it idiot proof, they'll build a better idiot" Thanks, I wil...

Web resources about - Does anyone know of either an ajax.net blog available or an 'inline editor' for ajax.net? - asp.net.ajax-discussion