CSS Friendly Control Adapters + GridView + Update Panel = Problem

Hi everyone,

I'm using a gridview control that's bound to an object data source.  I have a couple of controls to filter the data in the gridview, and I'm able to sort and page through the data.

Placing it in an UpdatePanel gives me partial page rendering and the whole page doesn't refresh - Great.  Expected behaviour and it all works very well.

However, introduce a Control Adapter into the mix (http://www.asp.net/cssadapters/) and Update Panel doesn't work at all - with the whole page refreshing.

If anybody can offer any help, I'd be very grateful.  I want both ASP.NET AJAX and Control Adapters :)

Cheers,

Shane.

0
shaneporter66

CSS Friendly Control Adapters is not running with Update Panel of Atlas
Hello,I am using Atlas and I want to use the CSS Friendly Menu Control Adapters beta 2.0.All the events are running properly but cannot able to get the result due to the update panel control of Atlas.Can anyone suggest me, how can I use CSS Friendly Menu Control Adapters beta 2.0 with Update Panel Control of Atlas ?thanks..Sandeep.  We're currently investigation problems integrating Atlas with these adapters.  Are you seeing a client-side error message pop up that says "Unknown Error"?  If so, you are seeing a problem that we know about and are r...

AJAX: which is better more controls inside one update panel or few controls inside more update panels
hi in form that have many controls , gridview , formview, buttons, textboxes, etc. which is better, put them all in one update panel, or few controls in more update panels? i.e. gridview , formview, buttons, textboxes all in one update panel or gridview in update panel, formview in updat panel, buttons (that text needs to change based on some business rules) in update panel, etc? besides will tables and divs inside update panel affect AJAx performance?! Hi,    Putting too many controls in an update panel will certainly affect the performance. I have certainly faced it. ...

problem with ajax update panel control.
I have a problem in using ajax update panel while i am dragging panel in to it. the problem is, while i am dragging four panels into single ajax update panel, only the validator controls of first panel are working rest of others are not working. any help for this problem is appreciated. Don’t forget to MARK AS ANSWER if this post helps you.Rumit Hi,  I've tried it, it works. Here is my code:<%@ Page Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeFile="Default.aspx.cs" Inherits="_Default" %> <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://...

Having some problem wiith ajax and .net update panel
Dear All, Iam havin a strange problem in my web forms . the thing is i was not having it few days before and i have nt made any change in the code. i hav a grid in update panel which has a template field edit button. on click i call a modal popup extender which has some controls in it . the problem is when the popup appears the grid disappears... modal popup is not  in update panel.. Even more stranger behavior is that i have a button outside the update panel .onclick the modalpopup appears . and grid doesnt disappear.. If any one has any suggestions regardin this abnormal behavi...

Problem with update panel tool in ajax controls extended

File upload control get problem in ajax update panel
Hi I have a product module and i upload product file through file upload control. and my file upload control is under ajax update panel but file upload control loss his data after post back. Any one have solution of this.shames web developerTechwave.com That is the design of the file uplload control. It does not maintain state of the file the user has selected.Please mark post as answerObilit.com - Progressive Web MethodologiesMy Blog shamestabrez: Hi I have a product module and i upload product file through file upload control. and my file upload control is under ajax upd...

CSS Friendly Control Adapters not support dynamically created rows in GridView?
I have a dynamically created row in GridView control. But it will not appear when I use CSS Friendly Control Adapter. I have to set adapterenabled=false to make it work. But I will loss all the table style in this way. Any better ideas to solve this problem? This is the code behind to add a new row.protected void GridView3_RowDataBound(object sender, GridViewRowEventArgs e) {GridViewRow insertedRow = new GridViewRow(GridView3.Rows.Count, GridView3.Rows.Count, DataControlRowType.DataRow, DataControlRowState.Normal); TableCell cell = new TableCell();cell.Text = " hello"; cel...

Update Panel and Update Progress control problem
In my page, I implement Update Panel and Update Progress control of AJAX. The page will query the data from database everytime the user click a button. In some case, the user may click that button more that one time even Update Progress still display. This make database overloaded.  Anyone have idea to protect this situation.... hi, This problem can be solved by disabling the button on its click event and after binding the data to server control means getting your data from database again enable the button, it can be helpful to u. otherwise u can also use ModalPopup Extender fo...

Paging a GridView with CSS Friendly Adapters causes a total postback with AJAX Beta1
Hello,I have upgraded an existing project (Atlas CTP) to the Atlas Beta1 and encountered a problem with a GridView inside an UpdatePanel. I am using the CSS Friendly ASP.NET 2.0 Control Adapters for the GridView and paging the results causes a total postback instead of partial. Here's my code: <%@ Page Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true" %> <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"> <script runat="server"> private System.Collect...

VB.NET AJAX - DetailsView within an update panel, within a modal extender
Hi, I have a details view which sits within an update panel to allow for partial page updates. This resides on a normal asp.net panel which is used for a modal pop-up window. Unforetunately, when i use the update panel within the modal extender i get an error. When i remove the update panel it works but obviously refreshes the whole page. I have heard that there is a solution for this issue. Could anyone outline how to get this working in VB.NET? Regards,Shuja Ahmad."4 out of 3 people have difficulty with fractions!"  what is the error ?Can you show your code ? Regards,A...

How can we access a control outside the update panel with an control inside the update panel
Take a very simple example, i have a button inside the update panel along with other controls and i have a textbox on the page.What i want is that when i click the button inside the update panel,it should update the textbox which is present outside the update panel.How can i do this?Prakash kumar To my knowledge you cannot update any control outside of the update panel.  If you want to update the control move it inside the update panel. Do you want to modify the text box with server-side code? If so, put it in its own UpdatePanel. Set the UpdateMode on the panel to Conditional. Then...

AJAX update panel updating all panels!
Hey there, I have 2 updated panels on a page update panel1 and update panel2. One is triggerd by a list box and the other is triggered by an image button,, the only problem is although each trigger is assigned to their respective list boxes, whenever a trigger is activated it refreshes both update panels, which is not what I want.  This is my update panel refreshed by the image button   <asp:UpdatePanel ID="UpdatePanel2" runat="server"> <ContentTemplate> <TABLE id="Table6" style="WIDTH: 208px; HEIGHT: 248px" cellSpacing="1" cellPadding="1" width="208" border=...

AJAX Update panel not updating gridview on local server
 I have a page with one user control on it. The user control has a gridview on it linked to an object datasource. The datasource is linked to a series of checkboxes that filter the data in the gridview.This user control is on a webpage with in an update panel with the trigger for the update panel being the userconrol. This all works fine on my developement machine. And it was working on the live serve however I am now getting so weird behaviour on the live server under certain conditions the gridview is not filtering the data as the checkboxes are clicked.The website is on a server at o...

Update panels: Update one user control from another
 HiI have tried looking at some of the solutions on here for this but still no luck in getting mine to work :(  I have a simple portal system that dynamically loads in controls to each of the pages.  On one of these 'page' controls, called 'masterinfo.ascx',  I have embedded 2 more User Controls:1) facilities_details_read.ascx2) facilities_details_edit.ascx The first  just reads some info from a database - the second uses a modal pop-up in which the user can edit the information contained in the first.  After editing this info I want the first (...

Web resources about - CSS Friendly Control Adapters + GridView + Update Panel = Problem - asp.net.ajax-discussion

190th Fighter Squadron, Blues and Royals friendly fire incident - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The 190th Fighter Squadron, Blues and Royals friendly fire incident was a friendly fire incident involving two United States Air Force (USAF) ...

Wildfire Shows How (And Why) To Make Your Facebook Campaign Influencer-Friendly
On Facebook, not all fans are created equal . Certain people have a little more influence than others — when they recommend a brand’s page or ...

Enhanced Family and Children-Friendly Inflight Zone on Our New A380 Economy Main Cabin
Malaysia Airlines will soon join the league of A380 operators, when its first A380 takes to the skies on 1 July 2012. Although the national carrier ...

Friendly, Facepad Grab 2 Million Monthly Actives on the iPad as Facebook Holds Off on Official App
Facebook’s deliberate approach to designing and launching its long-anticipated iPad app has created an opening for enterprising developers. Two ...

Mr Friendly (@MisterFriendly) on Twitter

A friendly reminder about password security - Twitter Blogs
... moment to remind you of best practices... Skip to main content Blog Have an account? Sign in Search form Search All Twitter Blogs &nbsp A friendly ...

Friendly Plus for Facebook for iPad on the iTunes App Store
Read reviews, get customer ratings, see screenshots, and learn more about Friendly Plus for Facebook on the App Store. Download Friendly Plus ...

Bomb threat leads to cancellation of Germany-Netherlands 'freedom' football friendly
An international football friendly between Germany and The Netherlands is called off and the stadium evacuated prior to the match because of ...

AMD announces powerful and wallet-friendly Radeon R9 380X graphics card
While Intel and Nvidia produce some amazing hardware, I always have a place in my heart for AMD. True, the company often lags behind Intel for ...

12 travel-friendly tech gifts you'll want to take with you
The travel-friendly tech in this gift guide can save your favorite frequent flier some stress on their next trip. Whether it's a clip-on camera ...