Configure AJAX extensions to enable AJAX controls ***WITHOUT*** using web.config file

I've inherited a legacy application that has many issues.  I'm not going to get into specifics or debates about what *should* be done; I know what *should* be done, but right now I have to <sigh> 'get 'er done'.

So here's what I need to do:

I need to get the AJAX controls working WITHOUT using the configuration file.  Of course things work great if I update the configuration file declaritively, but that's not option.

Now with WF I can set my managers (such as adding the persistence service or adding the manual scheduler service) declaritively or in code; I would *hope* that this is the case with all things .NET, but I am unable to find a manager to use to add the http handlers, the page controls (so the ajax: prefixes are there), and all the other items required for AJAX enabling.  And if that's not the case then, well then I'm hosed, and I'd have to say that was a bad decision on someone's part in Redmond.

 Any help would be great.  I used Reflector to try and figure out where the related ConfigSection handlers are called and used from but I didn't have much luck.  My Googling only results in 'it's so easy, just add it to the config file!' - again not an option.  If you really want to and are dying to know why it's not an option I will PM it to you, but it's not something I want to put into the public domain.

0
bri189b

Web resources about - Configure AJAX extensions to enable AJAX controls ***WITHOUT*** using web.config file - asp.net.ajax-discussion

The James Franco 'Force' Awakens on Christmas
James Franco wields a Star Wars light saber alongside brothers Dave and Tom on Christmas (December 25) in Palo Alto, Calif. “THE FRANCO FORCE ...

Identity released of armed suspect shot dead in NC mall
Police in Charlotte identified the armed man who was shot killed by an off-duty officer at Northlake Mall on Christmas Eve.

Islamic State Group Encourages Harvesting Of Human Organs, Cannibalism Even If The Donor Is Killed – ...
The Islamic State encourages harvesting of human organs. What’s equally appalling is that the terror group has no qualms about butchering the ...

Bill Clinton’s Childhood Home Damaged in Fire, Authorities Suspect Arson
Former President Bill Clinton ‘s first childhood home in Arkansas was damaged by fire early Christmas morning, and authorities currently suspect ...

Leader of powerful Syrian rebel group killed in airstrike - World news - The Guardian
Zahran Alloush, head of Jaysh al-Islam, said to have died along with five other senior leaders after planes targeted powerful insurgent faction’s ...

Oops: UK astronaut Tim Peake calls wrong number from space
Anyone can dial a wrong number, but it's not often done from outer space.

Janet Jackson postpones 'Unbreakable' tour to get unspecified surgery
LOS ANGELES (AP) — Janet Jackson says she is postponing her Unbreakable tour to have an unspecified surgical procedure. The 49-year-old singer ...

White Christmas in Blue Mounds... on the Overlode Trail.
White Christmas in Blue Mounds... on the Overlode Trail.

Radiohead's James Bond Theme Song "Spectre" Released
Radiohead just released a new song! “Last year we were asked to write a theme tune for the [James] Bond movie Spectre ,” Radiohead singer Thom ...

Hoverboard wipeouts are the Christmas gift that keeps on giving
For months we've heard that the hottest holiday gift would be "hoverboards," or self-balancing scooters. Do a quick search on (or really, just ...