can v do partial update in page and code also using Ajax update panel?

can v do partial update in page and code also using Ajax update panel? I mean i have 2 user controls in my page. I have applied update panel in 1st user control. After clicking some action button, I want execute the code for first user control only.
But in my case, 2 user controls are getting loaded. But 1st user control only updated in page. This(2nd user control) is unnecessary calling la.

0
rkramkumar

 Please read this thread:

UpdatePanels inside UserControls

0
stmarti

Ajax controls/events in partial page updates w/o using Ajax UpdatePanel
 I company I work for has been using a old library ("slickback") which does XML-based form postbacks via javascript and replaces DIV tag sections (looks very much like how Ajax does panel updates).  It works somewhat okay for content updates w/o updating the page.  We'd like to someday move the whole system to AJAX but as of right now, there is no time to do so.We recently started using AJAX Controls such as the SliderExtender.  These work great......  until we do our slickback postback.  When the content is updated, the sliders disappear and all t...

AJAX Update Panel appears to also update Panel in other content area....
 I have to content areas, each with their own update panels.  I notice that whenever a partial page postaback is triggered in UpdatePanel2, a refresh is performed in UpdatePanel1.  The code does not use triggers to force the partial page postback.  The control in Panel2 is a textbox control that I assume by default causes the partial postback on a CR.  The control being refreshed in Panel1 is a DropDownList.In addition, I have found that during a partial page postback for Panel2, Panel1 controls are being enabled unless I explicitly disable them.Any ideas on why this...

AJAX update panel updating all panels!
Hey there, I have 2 updated panels on a page update panel1 and update panel2. One is triggerd by a list box and the other is triggered by an image button,, the only problem is although each trigger is assigned to their respective list boxes, whenever a trigger is activated it refreshes both update panels, which is not what I want.  This is my update panel refreshed by the image button   <asp:UpdatePanel ID="UpdatePanel2" runat="server"> <ContentTemplate> <TABLE id="Table6" style="WIDTH: 208px; HEIGHT: 248px" cellSpacing="1" cellPadding="1" width="208" border=...

How to detect which tab was clicked so we can run some server side code? Prefer partial-page-update and not full page update.
How to detect which tab was clicked so we can run some server side code? Prefer partial-page-update and not full page update. Is this possible using the MS Ajax Control Toolkit control Tab? We need to run some code when the user clicks tab 5. How to do that? Hi! You can catch the TabContainer_ActiveTabChanged event of the Tab container (form the Ajax Toolkit control Tab) and look for the ActiveTabIndex value or the ActiveTab panel.If that matches your tab 5, then execute your code...   Hope this helps,Juan BarreraMCTSPlease remember to click "Mark as Answer" on thi...

Ajax Update Panel not Updating
I have asp page with one update panel. Inside update panel there is a button and a label control. when I click button and try to updatel label.text="something" it works. But what I am trying to do is on button click I create FileSystemWatcher object and register its changed event. Now whenever I changed my text file changed event gets fired and inside this changed event I am trying to Update label.text="Something". This time it does not work. Can someone tell me what should I do to get this work. Here is the sample code DisplayLog.aspx <%@ Page Language="C#&qu...

Problem using partial page update feature (update panel)
I am using 3.5 and trying to use the update panel to do some partial page updates. The following code is very simplistic, just to show you what doesnt seem to be working. I use:<asp:ScriptManager ID="ScriptManager1" runat="server"></asp:ScriptManager> <asp:UpdatePanel ID="UpdatePanel1" runat="server"> <asp:DropDownList ID="ChurchCityDrop" runat="server"                           &n...

Contactus page - On submit of the page i need to update the area with a message
For a contact us aspx page, i am trying the following  a) User clicks on the submit button, and the user should see a success message without refresh of the whole page b) I have two Update panels ( see the code below for clarity) c) In the code behind (on Page_load) i check if it is a postback and then make updatepanel1.visible to False and updatepanel.visible to True Out come:    a) On clicking Submit button No change in the screen for the first ( meaning Updatepanel1 is seen with no change, but if i have break point i can see all the page life cycle is invoked)  ...

Find the URL of the calling page when both the calling and the caller pages use Ajax's update panel
hi, I am trying to find the URL of the calling page when both the calling and the caller pages use Ajax's update panel. I have used Requst.UrlReferrer for this but it returns empty string.  I have written this piece of code in page load event of Page1 which will be called by Page2 or Page3.string url = Convert.ToString(Request.UrlReferrer);if ((url.Contains("Page2.aspx")) || (url.Contains("Page3.aspx"))) { //Perform some operation }  I have update panels on Page1 and Page2. When Page3 calls Page1 it works fine.But when Page2 calls Page1 it will not...

How to update content in one update panel with partial page update
Hello all I hope that you can help me, cos I have looked everywhere and tried everything I could think of so .i want to use two update panel in a webpage with partial page update.That mean i want to use two update panel each panel contains grids filled data rom database and also link two buttons at page load .whenever clicking linkbutton in a update panel  the grid in that update panel refreshed without page load event(update the data in one grid without affecting th grid in other update panel).Here grids are dynamiclly created. I thank you in advance for taking the time to look a...

AJAX: how do I use partial page update in a usercontrol ?
OK, I’ve installed AJAX Extensions, watched the tutorial video and tried to use the partial page update as follows: I have a user control which contains hyperlinks for paging back and forth and a datalist which displays the current page of products: <asp:UpdatePanel ID="UpdatePanel1" runat="server">        <ContentTemplate>            <asp:HyperLink ID="hLink_Previous" CssClass="paging_Text" Visible="false" runat="server&quo...

Partial Page update using MenuItem and Ajax
Hello friends,I am a new comer in your world. I want to implement ajax in my site. My site has one default.aspx page. I use master page. In the master page there is a Menu. I have a ContentPlaceHolder in Master page which is used in the default.aspx page. In the Menu each MenuItem has a NavigationUrl like~/default.aspx?cid=. In the Page_load of default page i get the value of (cid) and load the (ascx) control in the PlaceHolder. And, as u knowthe total page gives a PostBack I want to implement AJAX here. So that when a menu will be clicked only the Content of the PlaceHolder willbe upda...

Speeding up partial page updates using AJAX
 I am having trouble stopping the server from re-sending all of the data for an AJAX page during a partial update. I wrote a simple test program to demonstrate the problem. It consists of a drop-down list with a lot of dummy data and an AJAX update panel triggered by a button. When the button is clicked, the label inside the Update panel displays the current time. If you replicate this program and run it you will see there is a several second delay before the update panel renders the new time. You can see the amount of time by clicking the button immediately after a partial upda...

Performance Issues using 10 AJAX Update Panels
Hello        I am having speed issues with one of my pages that has 10 update panels.        Each panel has a number of text boxes (with postback) that accept numerical values and update other parts of the page.        I conditionally update only those panels that need to be refreshed but it is still too slow.        I use fiddler to monitor the traffic and still see a large chunk of HTML being returned between 35KB and 55KB.      &nb...

Can AJAX from the server-side initiate an update of a client-side Update Panel ?
I have a website where multiple users are updating various pages of data. If a user updates a particular section that other people are looking at I'd like to be able to trigger an update in the other peoples' Update Panels. Is this possible?RegardsMatthew You can update a panel from server-side code, by simply use the Update method of the UpdatePanel that you want to update./Fredrik Normén - fredrikn @ twitterMicrosoft MVP, MCSD, MCAD, MCTASPInsidersMy Blog How do I get an event on one user's page to update other users' pages asyncronously? My first thought was to record the events of...

Web resources about - can v do partial update in page and code also using Ajax update panel? - asp.net.ajax-discussion

Partial fraction decomposition - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In algebra , the partial fraction decomposition or partial fraction expansion of a rational fraction (that is a fraction such that the numerator ...

MANIC MONDAY: Facebook Deals With Partial Outage
Facebook’s work week got off to a rousing start, as many users, including this writer, experienced issues that ranged from being unable to access ...

Partial Anatomy of My Public Talks
Objectives My goal in almost all public appearances is to communicate the passion of science & discovery. My talks are drawn from a small catalog ...

Touch Color - Black and White with Partial Color Effect on the App Store on iTunes
Get Touch Color - Black and White with Partial Color Effect on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Partial solar eclipse with a transit of the ISS - March 20 2015 - YouTube
Taken from Spain (Fregenal de la Sierra) through thick high clouds. Thierry Legault - www.astrophoto.fr Duration of the transit of the International ...

Israel strikes Gaza refugee camp minutes after start of partial ceasefire, killing 8-year-old girl
Minutes after Israel began a unilateral and partial cease-fire, the air force struck a house in the Shati refugee camp in Gaza City, killing ...

Partial solar eclipse visible on Tuesday, weather permitting
Canberrans may be able to see a partial solar eclipse on Tuesday afternoon - if the rain holds off.

Brussels on partial lockdown due to 'imminent' threat of attack: CBC reports from Belgium
Belgian authorities closed down the subway system in Brussels and flooded the streets with armed police and soldiers in response to a threat ...

Google appears to be testing partial payments with Google Play credits on paid purchases
According to one Reddit user, Google is now seemingly beginning to allow users to part-pay for items using their Google Play Store credit. Previously, ...

Obama Vetoes Republicans' Partial Repeal of Health-Care Law
President Barack Obama vetoed a measure to repeal most of his signature health-care law on Friday, releasing a statement that extolled the virtues ...