Atlas and Web Parts / Web Part Framework

How is Microsoft differentiating Atlas from Web Parts and the Web Part Framework?

Which is the right one to use when?
0
John

Web Parts provide a rich infrastructure in ASP.NET to build composite, personalized application UI from individual components. Atlas provides a richer environment in the browser client for application UI to run more interactively. These are complementary technologies. In the future, web parts and Atlas will work together in a couple of important ways.

First, the web parts infrastructure will take advantage of Atlas to provide even richer client-side interactivity than they do in ASP.NET 2.0 - for example, more flexible client-side layout and drag-and-drop, richer client-side customization, etc.

Second, individual web parts will be able to take advantage of Atlas to deliver a richer UI within the part - for example, doing data navigation or databinding within the part without refreshing the entire page.

Thanks,

Shanku Niyogi

ShankuN

Invoke Ajax OnClick from Provider Web Part to Consumer Web Part
I am attempting to manage an ajax connection by calling a button onclick method on a separate web part in order to force the partial postback on the consumer.  Web part A (Provider) invokes the method on Web Part B (Consumer) Web Part A Type t = myButton.GetType();            object[] p = new object[1];            p[0] = EventArgs.Empty;            MethodInfo m = t.GetMethod("OnClick", BindingFlags.NonPublic | ...

Using Web Parts and DataBinding across Web Parts with Ajax Update Panels.
Sorry in advance if this is better suited to the data presentation controls forum, but I'm not having a problem there, it's unique to web parts.  OK, I have two different Web User Controls (.ascx files) that have GridViews on them. They're all wrapped with Ajax update panels, so when a new row is added or an existing row is edited, etc. it's not a full postback. Great, looks awesome.Here's my issue, hopefully someone has run into this before. Let's call the Gridviews GV_A and GV_B. When I add a new record to GV_A, the database creates a new ID for the record behi...

Enumerating all the web parts on a page
I have a web part that needs to examine every other web part on a given page for info. I've tried two approaches, but neither seems to be the answer I'm looking for. First, I tried getting a reference to Parent (which returns the WebPartManager) and enumerating through it's Controls (or WebParts) collection. This almost works - it gives me every web part in the same WebPartZone as my web part. But it doesn't give me all the web parts in the other zones. Example:            WebPartManager wpm = (WebPartManager)this.Pa...

Issues with Ajax Web Part using .Net Framework 3.5
 Hi, I have deployed Silverlight Media Viewer WebPart (Silverlight 2 beta 2) on my SharePoint Web Application. Its working fine. But, On this SharePoint Web application, I also have some other AJAX web parts which are developed in VS 2005 with .Net Framework 3.0.When I modified the respective web.config for .Net Framework 3.5, All the other web parts started flickering. How can I stop these Ajax web Parts from flickering? Please help me on this… I am in really need of this.  Thanks in Advance.......

Web part Personalization and Web part custom designing
  Hi all          1. I m using a GridView control in my Web Part. In that GridView i control the columns to be displayed by generating queries in run time. In my page i have six GridView controls in six web parts. Each user can customize their GridView columns. My actual requirement is i want to get the each individual user customized details when they logged in again.How can I done this plz give me a suggestion by code.    2. I want to display my web part have a rounded corner title. how can I done this. I a...

Web part in MOSS not showing in the "Add Web Parts" web page dialog in the nested sites
hey guys,  I created a web part and it seems to work fine ( I followed  the Sahil's article: http://www.codeguru.com/csharp/.net/net_asp/webforms/article.php/c12293__1/)I added the web part using the page:_layouts/NewDwp.aspx located in the profiles site, which is http://ServerName/sites/MySite/then I asked a coworker to try the web part, he went to his profile, click in Site Actions, Edit page, Add a Web Part and he wasn't able to see it in the list, so he needed to go to Site Settings -> Web Parts -> New -> check the web part and click on Populate Gallery. S...

List web parts and web part zones from another page
Hi I'm working on an administration page that clones the content of a page within our cms. Thats the easy bit. The difficult bit is I want to be able to clone the webparts, their locations and their content that are on said page. I've been looking at the SqlPersonalizationProvider but dont think i can solve my problem by calling anything within that. I've also been looking at the webpartmanager and there does not seem to be a way of calling the methods within this class to get the content of a different page. Does anyone have any ideas how i would get the web part inform...

Web part performance concern as # of available web parts increase
Perhaps I'm missing a certain element to the Web part framework. I'm slowly scaling up the number of Web parts that I have on a particular page that I have. It's not completely impossible for me to think of this page eventually having tens of Web parts available for looking at little cross sections of data in the system to provide a dashboard. Of course, a user may only have 10 or so visible. I only have four parts on my page right now within WebPartZones. What I notice is that even if my personalization settings have various WebParts configured as not to show, it runs through the data ...

Web parts: upcoming deadline for Snippets, update on Web Parts
Hi, quick update on Web parts, since the release date for Northern Spring Campaign is approaching fast. iOS won't be released on June 2nd, we'll try to reuse as many strings as possible (if not all of them) from the existing work that it will happen. *Snippets - 25 May* A few locales (ja, pl, ru) still have a pending request for snippets. Some of them are about iOS, so they won't be used in this campaign, but it's important to have them on file for the future. *Campaign - 2 Jun* The campaign is spread across several files with small updates. The removal of...

Sharepoint help! Error msg : "A Web Part or Web Form Control on this Web Part Page cannot be displayed or imported because it is not registered on this site as safe"
hihi, I have set up a testing virtual server on my local machine. I installed win server 2003, wss 2.0, sql server 2000, and visual studio .net 2003. i tried to create a project in C# but when i build it and import the web part (.dwp) into the page, there is this error msg "A Web Part or Web Form Control on this Web Part Page cannot be displayed or imported because it is not registered on this site as safe"  I seached most of the sites and they informed that the problem lies in the safe control in web.config i enter the safe control in web.config but i does not know where to put ...

Web Parts
I work for a Digital Publishing Company. The ASP.NET portal application which must allow the project managers full customization. For instance, I have a Personal Information web page which can collect all or some of the following infomration: Salutation, Title, First name, Middle Name, Last Name, Institution, Department, Street Address, city, state, postal code, country, phone, and fax number. I have designed the portal application architecture to support multiple language by using SQL Server 2005 to return all output wording based on the user's web browses langauge settings. The porta...

can i drag an image from one web part to another web part
hi can i drag an image from one web part to another web part i.e if i am having an image in one web part i must drag the web part and drop it in the other web part  is it possible or not pls tell me if possible give me how thanks Hi, The image control is also a standard control. WebPartManager will wrap it as a genericWebParts. What you are draging is a WebPart, not a image control. I know what you want is discarding the frame border of the WebPart control, actually you can achieve it by setting the ChromeType property of WebPart to PartChromeType.None...

Refreshing contents of other web part zone when change happens in one web part
Hi, This may be simple but since I m new to VS Studio 2005. I have situation like this. Any help would be appriciated. I have 2 web part zone in in apage and each webpart zone is having panel and iframe inside the panel. I am doing some operations on src of the frame in webpart zone1 and it goes to some other page in same zone and after I am done on other page I am comming back to the original page . It si working fine. But what i want ot do is  want to refresh the contents of frames in other webpart so that they can pick the informatiom database and refresh the content. Since conten...

Importing n Adding custom web parts onto a web part page
I created a custom webpart using the ASP.NET Web Control Library Template in a  C# project. Then i created a .dwp file for the web part and even edited the web.config file in the c:\inetpub\wwwroot  folder to set the safe property of the webpart to true. I then imported the .dwp file into sharepoint . Now when try to drop the web part onto a web part zone it says             "A web part or web form control on this web part page cannot be displayed or imported because it is not registered as safe on this site" What sh...

Web resources about - Atlas and Web Parts / Web Part Framework - asp.net.ajax-discussion

Natasha Stott Despoja launches 'world first' framework to address domestic violence
Australia's first national, evidence-based domestic violence framework was launched at Parliament House on Tuesday.

Xposed framework for Android 6.0 Marshmallow is getting closer
The popular Xposed framework, which allows for a seemingly endless amount of customizations and tweaks to Android, unfortunately still isn't ...

Safe Harbor 2.0 framework begins to capsize as January deadline nears
(credit: Andree Stephan ) Safe Harbour 2.0, currently being drawn up by the EU and US authorities, "will not provide a viable framework for ...

UI Frameworks – Bootstrap
... you produce a responsive website. About Bootstrap To quote the Bootstrap website: “Bootstrap is the most popular HTML, CSS, and JS framework ...

Cisco Announces New Skills Framework to Address Evolving Technology
Internet of Things (IoT), cloud, business transformation and network programmability will influence all Cisco Career Certifications.

Google engineers craft a Dart framework for iOS and Android
The UI framework uses its own rendering engine to draw widgets

Google Launches Framework to Load Content on Mobile Web Quickly
Google gives publishers a way to load content faster on mobile Web; FireEye reveals new Android malvertising threat; Samsung's Q3 profit forecasts ...

The Complex Framework Of The UN Climate Talks, Demystified
As COP21 convenes this week in Paris, this data viz breaks down all you need to know about the history, key players, and big decisions. Yesterday, ...

Angular-Meteor links JavaScript frameworks
... build system improvements and ECMAScript compliance Angular-Meteor, Meteor's technology for using the Angular and Meteor JavaScript frameworks ...