Ajax Update Panel and Update Progress

Hello Everyone,

 Its been long time since i have visited this forum, but i have a query regarding the update panel. I have a strange and weard situtaion here, which is only occuring on the web hosting server and it works absolutely fine on VSS (Local) server.

The situation is i have an application where Web User Controls are placed on the web page at the design time, they are made Visible true/false at the run time. The Page where controls are placed contains the update panel and the User controls Indvidually too contains the Update Panel. These update Panel are associated with update Progress control. Now the situation is that on web hosting server when a postback is made or the data is bieng fetched on the control there is Update Progress control displaying the image as it should be, but the thing which should not happen is that the next control which should be displayed now is not visible till i move my mouse cursor , which is absolutely strange. This this is absolutely driving me crazy, as this thing works absolutely fine on my local server but not on Web server. It could be observed that processing for server code has been done as GIF Image stops moving after the server side coding has been processed, and untill you move your mouse cursor the page will not be rendered.Crying Could any one help me out this situation

Best Regards

0
Piyushg

Is there no one who cam help me on this regard.......Crying

0
Piyushg
6/14/2007 10:54:56 AM

Hi,Piyushg

I am afraid we cannot find out the exact root cause without further information captured when this strange problem occurs.

To troubleshoot this issue, we really need the source code to reproduce the problem, so that we can investigate the issue in house. It is not necessary that you send out the complete source of your project. We just need a simplest sample to reproduce the problem. You can remove any confidential information or business logic from it.

Thank you.

Sincerely,
Jin-Yu Yin
Microsoft Online Community Support
0
Jin

AJAX update panel updating all panels!
Hey there, I have 2 updated panels on a page update panel1 and update panel2. One is triggerd by a list box and the other is triggered by an image button,, the only problem is although each trigger is assigned to their respective list boxes, whenever a trigger is activated it refreshes both update panels, which is not what I want.  This is my update panel refreshed by the image button   <asp:UpdatePanel ID="UpdatePanel2" runat="server"> <ContentTemplate> <TABLE id="Table6" style="WIDTH: 208px; HEIGHT: 248px" cellSpacing="1" cellPadding="1" width="208" border=...

Ajax Update Panel not Updating
I have asp page with one update panel. Inside update panel there is a button and a label control. when I click button and try to updatel label.text="something" it works. But what I am trying to do is on button click I create FileSystemWatcher object and register its changed event. Now whenever I changed my text file changed event gets fired and inside this changed event I am trying to Update label.text="Something". This time it does not work. Can someone tell me what should I do to get this work. Here is the sample code DisplayLog.aspx <%@ Page Language="C#&qu...

AJAX Update Panel appears to also update Panel in other content area....
 I have to content areas, each with their own update panels.  I notice that whenever a partial page postaback is triggered in UpdatePanel2, a refresh is performed in UpdatePanel1.  The code does not use triggers to force the partial page postback.  The control in Panel2 is a textbox control that I assume by default causes the partial postback on a CR.  The control being refreshed in Panel1 is a DropDownList.In addition, I have found that during a partial page postback for Panel2, Panel1 controls are being enabled unless I explicitly disable them.Any ideas on why this...

AJAX: which is better more controls inside one update panel or few controls inside more update panels
hi in form that have many controls , gridview , formview, buttons, textboxes, etc. which is better, put them all in one update panel, or few controls in more update panels? i.e. gridview , formview, buttons, textboxes all in one update panel or gridview in update panel, formview in updat panel, buttons (that text needs to change based on some business rules) in update panel, etc? besides will tables and divs inside update panel affect AJAx performance?! Hi,    Putting too many controls in an update panel will certainly affect the performance. I have certainly faced it. ...

regarding update panel, update process in ajax
i got a set of information in my page like personal info, educational details & prof work experience. when i click a save button for personal info, (i have put it in the update panel & corresponding update progress will be shown). i want to show a blank page only in tht particular part says tht "ur information is successfully saved". can i have ur help plzshagil  Here is my recommendation:1. Put three update panels in your page, one for each section  'PersonalInfo', 'EducationDetail' and 'ProfExp'.2. Each of these update panels would co...

DetailsView in ajax update panel do not fire update event
 i have a gridview, when the user select a row there it populate the row details in detailsview, both the detailsview and gridview are in ajax update panel. the point here whne the row is selected in gridview the detailsview works fine. if i click the detailsview edit button it shows the data right, but when i edit the data in detailsview the DetailsView1_ItemUpdating event does not fire!!. i think it is some thing related with the ajax panel configuration but i'm not sure.thanks in adavanc Muhanad YOUNISMCSD.NETMy Blog || My Photos || LinkedIn http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-u...

AJAX Update panel not updating gridview on local server
 I have a page with one user control on it. The user control has a gridview on it linked to an object datasource. The datasource is linked to a series of checkboxes that filter the data in the gridview.This user control is on a webpage with in an update panel with the trigger for the update panel being the userconrol. This all works fine on my developement machine. And it was working on the live serve however I am now getting so weird behaviour on the live server under certain conditions the gridview is not filtering the data as the checkboxes are clicked.The website is on a server at o...

textbox outside ajax update panel doesnt get updated
 Hi All.I have an update panel on my form, inside that panel i have some stuff. The trigger for this update panel is a button which is outside the panel. Outside the panel i also have a textbox, upon clicking the button, there is a line that goes .Text=string.empty. However, the textbox does not get set to empty. I then put the textbox in another update panel and set the trigger to the button too. It worked. but is there any other way around this? Or is this ok? Hi, that is fine. There is no other way as the update trigger must be inside the update panel with the controls you wish t...

Having some problem wiith ajax and .net update panel
Dear All, Iam havin a strange problem in my web forms . the thing is i was not having it few days before and i have nt made any change in the code. i hav a grid in update panel which has a template field edit button. on click i call a modal popup extender which has some controls in it . the problem is when the popup appears the grid disappears... modal popup is not  in update panel.. Even more stranger behavior is that i have a button outside the update panel .onclick the modalpopup appears . and grid doesnt disappear.. If any one has any suggestions regardin this abnormal behavi...

updates, updates, updates, NO MORE!
Name: Andreas Email: unbekanntatjokerdotms Product: Firefox Summary: updates, updates, updates, NO MORE! Comments: Hi ! if you want to develop a fine webbrowser, maybe you nee a new management. To release a new buggy version every two weeks is not very professional. Test your software before the release and let the user download a stable browser. this update-orgy since 2.0.0 used me to use Opera instead of FF. We haved use FF in our Company, but we can't deploy a new version every week to +200 Windows-clients, so in our company we've decided to return to IE, ...

Updates, updates and more updates
Name: pirhan Email: pirhan_chanathotmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Updates, updates and more updates Comments: Hello, Normally I use Safari, but my iBook is out of commission for a while. So, I am forced to use a PC to which I would much rather use Firefox than Internet Exploder. However, as much I enjoy not using a Microsoft product, and use a product that works decently, I am severely annoyed about the constant updates I am put through. In the last two days, I had to wait for Firefox to install updates before I could browse and now, I'm alerted that there'...

updates, updates, updates
Name: hans jensen Email: hansjensen44_athotmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: updates, updates, updates Comments: why is it everytime i go online firefox has new updates, 3 -4 times every day, its never ending..........whats all the problems??? please email me and let me know, ty,.........Hans Jensen Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.2) Gecko/20070219 Firefox/2.0.0.2 ...

Updates Updates Updates
I was a big fan of Firefox.. Now, I don't even like to use it. Seems like every time I start it up I have to update some addin OR the browser itself. And unfortunately the update nag messages are always presented when I start a browsing session. I find this annoying because, typically, when I open a web browser all I want to do is go to a web page. Not update the browser. I can agree that staying current with the latest version could give the best, fastest, safest web experience. But that point becomes mute when I start off every other browsing session with a new update. And mos...

Performance Issues using 10 AJAX Update Panels
Hello        I am having speed issues with one of my pages that has 10 update panels.        Each panel has a number of text boxes (with postback) that accept numerical values and update other parts of the page.        I conditionally update only those panels that need to be refreshed but it is still too slow.        I use fiddler to monitor the traffic and still see a large chunk of HTML being returned between 35KB and 55KB.      &nb...

Web resources about - Ajax Update Panel and Update Progress - asp.net.ajax-discussion

Emery County Progress - Emery County, Utah
Emery County Progress, Serving Emery County, Utah news since 1900

The Progress
Boro: Paving bid could be good news Friday, June 19, 2015 By Jeff Corcino Staff Writer Clearfield Borough received some potentially good news ...

Progress (spacecraft) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Progress ( Russian : Прогресс ) is a Russian expendable freighter spacecraft. The spacecraft is an unmanned resupply spacecraft during its ...

Afghanistan's grim progress in 2015
Sydney Morning Herald Afghanistan's grim progress in 2015 Sydney Morning Herald Washington: Afghanistan's overall security deteriorated in ...

The robot invasion has begun, but big barriers block progress
... will catapult to 1 in 10 over the next five years, the firm asserts, but it notes that there are some big barriers standing in the way of progress. ...

China accused of blocking progress at COP21
China is being accused of trying to weaken the new global climate accord due to be finalised by Friday, the FT reports.

Saudi women vote for first time: Credible progress?
Women were able to cast ballots and participate as candidates for the first time in Saudi Arabia's municipal elections on Saturday. But critics ...

The Jobs Progress That Women Have Made, And Haven't
Although added jobs and lowering unemployment should be generally good news, they're more directed toward whites and away from blacks and Latinos. ...

Thomas Midgley, GM, and the Dark Side of Progress
Scientific improvements that create industries and save millions of lives often come at a price that isn’t revealed until much later. Leaded ...